A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 05:57 AM
Here we go again. I hope you all are enjoying this as much as I am.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 06:33 AM
I'm keeping up with this thread so I don't miss anything. This wait is building anticipation! How many people have joined the swap so far?
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 06:50 AM
forgot to ask, re: the number of posts Just outta curosity, do you start a new thread after 100 posts or do you just start one when you feel that there's too much info? I've just noticed, I'm sort of the 'curosity killed the cat, but not me so I'll just ask whatever I can think of' type of guy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 06:57 AM
We try to lock up the posts around 100 to keep things running well! smile

Tammy I can't wait to see what I get back, it feels like Christmas! laugh

I wonder how many packs people will have sent in all together! Probably a heck of a lot!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 08:55 AM
It will probably be over 1000. Or at least that'w what I'm guessing at this point. There are around 25 members so far but until the envelopes actually arrive it's hard to tell. Right now most of the packets that have arrive are about 1/2 filled with their new seeds. Some of the smaller orders are almost full and some have already been sent out. We have a wonderful selection of plants so far. And that's made it pretty easy. The only thing I have to many of are Mammoth Sunflowers and Zinnias. But they are both great flowers so I'm sure noone will mind getting some.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 09:06 AM
I can take some mammoth sunflowers, I have a habit of putting a little extra with my trades (I forget occassionally, so sorry to those who did not get extras)and I think sunflower seeds might be a good little something extra to give, especially if they have little children (besides, I could always let my brother plant them!)
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 09:22 AM
I love them both Tammy!! I'll be requesting both of those.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 09:47 AM
Tammy...you are taking care of it and I am sure everyone will love what they get, and even if its something they think they don't want to grow, they can give to someone else or trade it to someone. Last year all my seeds I got were very good, but I couldn't plant all of them, so when I traded seeds with someone I would throw in one of these packs as a surprise and everyone loved getting that surprise packet.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 12:49 PM
Tammy.did any one send in love-lies-bleedind? cause i can send in a 10 packets, i was cleaning up the dead clomes/giant zinnias, and they coverd up a love-lies-bleeding protected it from the freeze, i also wasnt shure about the yacca seeds,i have them too if you think anyone would want any.
also i wouldnt mind having more zinnias/sunflowers. flw
Posted By: cancolgirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 02:55 PM
sibyl I'll put in my wish list yucaa seeds and love-lies-bleeding, so if your sending them in they'll come to a good home. That is once I send mine in. I will work on puttting the rest of my packets together tomorrow as well. I'm very excited as this is my first time in an exchg this big.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 22nd, 2006 at 07:08 PM
Love lies bleeding is the same thing as amaranthus isn't it? If so there are a few packets in the exchange they are the purple miniature kind. I'm sure more would be welcome. Noone has sent in Yucca seeds so far but as you can see there is an interest.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 04:33 AM
is this just for flowers or vegetable seeds too? Also, I think I read somewhere that we need to put in 20 seeds. When I do a cone flower I send the entire head. Is this going to work. I don't like getting my fingers stuck trying to separate those seeds.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 04:42 AM
Sheri, yes the first thread did say to include at least 20 seeds (corret me if I'm wrong) so that no one would feel ripped off. For cosmos, I was going to seperate the seeds from the chaff and I sighed because it took so long and blew everything back together, and then I was like ,heck I'll just put everything in. I'm sure it's ok to put in the whole seed head in! I think any type of seed would work to be honest!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 05:10 AM
Maybe I'll get your cosmos kenny. I didn't include black eyed susans in my stuff because I can't get the chaff out. I don't mind getting seeds like that but maybe some people do. The messy seeds grow just as well - maybe better. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 05:58 AM
Sheri, I put some cosmos sensation mix in the seeds I sent in. wavey
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 06:01 AM
Oh boy!

TK, I'm mailing out my package tomorrow, Monday, the 23rd.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 06:45 AM
I make sure there's plenty of seed, but anyone getting seed that I sent in (or in any trade with me, for that matter) will likely get some chafe too!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 07:08 AM
Good. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Have you ever gotten seeds from Tammy? She is the best at cleaning seeds. Not one speck of dirt or left over flower. I don't know how she does it.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 07:46 AM
You all are so funny. There is plenty of chaf in my packets. You should of seen me with the cinnamon basil. Those little suckers are so sticky they just will not separate from their pods worth a darn.

Veggies are great additions to the fall fling so are herbs.

We just draw the line at bulbs and cuttings lol. As long as it's a seed and isn't a weed your in good shape.

And yes we would like a minimum of 20 seeds per package. Although if it is a tree or bush fewer probably will be ok with most members. But try to think how you would feel if you received the packet and there weren't the 20 seeds you were expecting to get. That's the best way to make that decision I think.

Hey Sheri, I'll look forward to getting your package.

Kennyso I got your jobs tears to roflol and when I get their seeds in I'll get you your cypress vine.

Everyone is doing a great job and making my job very easy. Thankyou so much for participating.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 08:38 AM
tk, thanks so much for helping us out with our trade! wanted to let you know I REALLY appreciate it :hugs:!
Posted By: roflol Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 09:48 AM
^^^ ditto ditto ditto Tammy, consider yourself big ol' Missouri bear-hugged! grinnnn
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 09:59 AM
fly little seeds, fly like the wind!
That's exactly what mine did today...when I had seeds on the table and Lola did a "fly over".

Now they are in the vacuum cleaner canister. :rolleyes: laugh
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 10:04 AM
TK

I put in some palm tree seeds. There was only 10 seeds per pack. So i put 4or6 packs in my package u can give out 1 pack or 2 packs in a trade. U do as u
need with the seeds.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 08:39 PM
I think 10 palm tree seeds are probably a fine trade. I'm not sure you would want much more than that anyway. Thankyou for adding them to your package. It's always great to get tropical plants in a trade.

Cindy, tell Lola I was looking forward to those seeds lol.

Roflol & Kennyso your very welcome. Glad I could help.

Kennyso, Lorena & LandofOz your packages went out in the mail today. Kennyso I'll send the cypress vine to you in your second shipment. I didn't want you to have to wait on your first shipment for just one packet of seeds. I know I always get excited and waiting is very hard.

The envelopes with close to 100 seed packets take longer to fill than the little ones but they are rapidly filling as well. And we are very much on time I believe.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 09:35 PM
WOW! kissies laugh I'm so excited!! I can't wait to get the package, Tammy! I love you! luv luv If anyone needs me, I'll be the woman sitting next to the mailbox, freezing her bum off!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 23rd, 2006 at 09:40 PM
rofling. That caught me by suprise lol. Sounds like I should have sent you an electric blanket and a very long extention cord before I send you your envelope lol. I hope it arrives very soon. I'm thinking the postoffice is really trying to expidite any packages moving now so there isn't a back log when the christmas rush begins. Of course I could be wrong. But it seems like I'm getting everyones packages quickly.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 12:00 AM
I just got back from the post office so hopefully you'll get my package tomorrow or surely by Wednesday.
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 01:27 AM
Tammy, you are amazing. Just reading the weekends posts and it is great to see you are getting so many seeds and already have packages being sent back. VERY cool!!! My package should go out this week. It will be one of the easy to fill ones!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 02:15 AM
I look forward to seeding both of your envelopes arrive. This is so much fun. One of the church ladies was over earlier and we were discussing the exchange and how I have it organized. She does the same thing for one of the clubs she belongs to although with stationary rather than seeds. I wish I were artistic enough to do something like that but I'm not. So I'm glad I found gardening.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 02:48 AM
Guess what I got in the mail????? I got my seeds from Tammy already and alot of wonderful choices Tammy!!!!!! Thanks! clp clp clp
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 04:23 AM
CAn't wait for them Tammy! I thought this was such a good idea that I decided to organize a swap similar to this on another forum and let me tell all you who thinks Tammy's job is easy....it's not! OMg, it's such hard work, and if you loose your organization you're busted big time! It's really overwhelming, and it certain is exciting getting to see what everyone send in!Tammy, thanks so much for doing this. kissies muggs luv
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 06:20 AM
Hi therre,

I agree Tammy has to have a "HUGE JOB" on her hands.

Tammy you have to be an organized angel to be able to keep the fall fling in line and to have the patience to do it...

I Say three cheers for Tammy....

hip hip hooray, hip hip hoora, hip hip hooray to you Tammy!
Cheers,
Thanks Again,
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Kratz7
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 06:40 AM
Is it too late to send seeds? I've never done this before, but I think I will have some ready to go in a couple days.

How do I know what to ask for? Is there a master list of what is available?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 09:22 AM
Mel...here's the swap info...

The following is from tkhooper:

RULES
1. Please try to put at least 20 seeds per pack.
Send a pack of seeds that you would be happy receiving!
2. Mail your seeds no later than October 27th.
3. Send a wishlist of the seed you would like with the understanding that I'll do my best but can't guarantee that you will get what you hope for.
4. Send a SASBE (self-addressed stamped bubble envelope) with your seeds. Please make sure you have enough return postage on the envelope.
5. Please limit the maximum number of seed packs per envelope to 100. Multiple mailings are ok!
6. I will do my best to get your seeds to you by Thanksgiving.

The following is from me:
NOTICE! All seed packs will be cataloged.
If you send weed seeds we will be able to track who they came from, and you will be banned from participating in future seed swaps, and your name will be posted in the Seed Exchange forum as a "risk"!

If you'd like to participate in this Swap, please PM Tammy (tkhooper) for her address to mail your seeds.
Looks like you have 4 more days to get your seeds in the mail!

flw

How do I know what to ask for? Is there a master list of what is available?
If there is anything you can think of that you are wanting, just put a note in with the seeds. It all depends on what everyone sends in...she may not even get what you put on your "want list"...but you won't be disappointed with whatever you get. It's a lot of fun!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 10:14 AM
Okay, Thanks for answering my question , I just got to your answer after answering it myself~! laugh laugh I just re-read all three "Fall Fling" topics. laugh shocked

So, I guess I just need some idea of what's available, maybe anyone that wants to can pm me with what you have sent in? I have no idea what to ask for , but after reading all the posts it's helpful because then I say idea Oh yeah, I would love zinnias! AND cleome, and hycinth bean (if any come in)

Me, I'm sending lots of wonder egg seeds, cosmos (mixed pinks) and a few seashell cosmos, black eyed susan, datura (white), purple coneflower, liatris, sweet william, MG's (dk blue w/pink throat), blue balloon flower, dill, and more.
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 12:19 PM
Tammy, I sent my package out today and you should have it on Thursday. If not, I have a confirmation number and can follow it that way.

Thanks for hosting!!
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 05:54 PM
I got my package ready& am going to town today.I've lost the address.I know I wrote it on a Ace Hardware sales ad.someone help me out here...............ANYONE can PM me the addy.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 06:30 PM
Oh no! I just finished this huge post answering everyones questions and then I stopped to e-mail my address and the post disappeared. I think I'm going to cry. I didn't know it would do that.

Hi Kennyso, I've got over 25 years of experience working in distribution points and offices so this isn't hard for me to do. Especially since I live alone and can spread out with out worrying about having things moved. I'm sorry you are having a difficult time with yours. Hopefully it will all work out for you.

Hey PartyGirl, I look forward to receiving your package.

Hey Njoynit, I send you a pm. Hopefully in time for you to get your package in the mail today.

It's time to go volunteer at the Family History Center. I'll see you all this afternoon.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 06:39 PM
I've sent in some gourds,october rose hibiscus,autuam beauty sunflower, a few JMG seeds& veggies.Canna seeds(hey they bloom 1st year!)Castor beans,dantra.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 24th, 2006 at 09:14 PM
Comfry got her seeds already!!!! im dying to know what all she got!
Tammy
ill be mailing out the stamps thursday, also my love lies bleeding arnt little purple flowers, they are about 3-4 feet tall with long red tassles. i gave seeds to my boss last year and his got 6 feet tall![id like to know what he got in his soil!]ill wright lond red tassles on the packages. ill send in some yaccas too.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 25th, 2006 at 12:00 AM
its me again!
i got more pink/purple clomes,,cosmos bright lights,,calendulcas,,four-o-clocks,,and phlox if you want any more of those i could send more in. wink
Posted By: cancolgirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 25th, 2006 at 06:10 AM
Tammy, I finally got around to sending my seeds out today. Didn't want to miss the deadline, just to let u know I forgot to put the stamps inside the envelope where all the seed packets are in. So please be careful when u open the package because the stamps are in the outer envelope. It was funny because I couldn't decide which ones to send. So the guy at the PO kept on asking me if I was ready. I also wasn't able to get as many out as I had hoped. It's my first year gardening so I didn't have much. But wait 'til next year.

I did send in Veggie seeds (tomato, carrot, pepper) as well as flowers.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 25th, 2006 at 07:44 AM
Hey Angelblossom,

I got your envelope today. I haven't had a chance to look at it but I'll get right on it tomorrow.

Hey njoynit,

Thankyou for sending them in. I'm kind of tired tonight so I can't really think of anything to say. But I promise to do better tomorrow.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 25th, 2006 at 06:37 PM
Hi Cancolgirl, I look forward to getting your package. I know just what you mean about not being able to send in to many the first time. That happened to me to. But I've maxed out at least one envelope ever since. Not that, that's been to long because I've only been gardening a short period of time.

Sibyl, I think we are ok on those types of seeds. But thankyou for your generoucity in being willing to send in additional packets.

Angelblossom, I was able to fill your envelope first thing this morning. Thankyou for sending such great seeds. I hope you like what I was able to send you back.

Everyone, I'm alittle behind on getting everyones packets up to date. Yesterday wiped me out. But I've got my energy back so hopefully today I'll catch up with them.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 25th, 2006 at 07:12 PM
They have shipped off and should arrive soon.I also have to send more postage to you.I was down to rolled change by time I was at PO.I also don't think that gal liked me re useing my envelope.she was makeing everyone wait while she peeled old stuff off the envelope(like you can't stick postage on top of postage)she peeled my fragile sticker off after told her it was seeds& my thank you sticker too.Guess i'm lucky she didn't peel your address label!Its a priorty postage lable trimmed to be white.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 25th, 2006 at 08:09 PM
Ok I'm pretty much caught up. Only completed Angelblossoms envelope but the others are comming along. One of the liabilities of sending in full envelopes is that you pretty much have to wait until everything arrives in order to fill yours. But it also means that you pretty much get one of everything too. So it probably works out even either way.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 25th, 2006 at 08:48 PM
Okay, my obedient plant is finally ready for harvesting. I have been waiting for the plant to get brown and "crunchy" however, I recently noticed little black things all over my sidewalk, next to my plants--they're dropping seeds! So, would you like me to send some in, Tammy, or not? If you've got a ton then I won't send you more! laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 25th, 2006 at 10:15 PM
LandofOz, I don't have any obedient plant so if you can spare about 5 to 10 packages that would be great. You are so sweet to ask.

Maja24, Believe it or not your package is winging it's way back to you. The postal carrier said it shouldn't take more than a week to arrive. So it shouldn't be to long before you get it. I hope you are happy with the selections I made for you. I'm sorry that I didn't have anything from your wishlist.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 25th, 2006 at 10:58 PM
I'll aim for getting you 10 packages--no promises though!! I'm hoping that I'll be getting your package today--it seems most package to and from here are taking about 2 days. I'm so excited!
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 12:04 AM
Tammy, My seeds are in the mail. Look out for a box rather than an envelope cuz I added a lil something for you. Everything else is inside and I even remembers to put stamps on my bubble envelope. Almost forgot that part.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 12:08 AM
So did i Triss until Loz reminded me laugh laugh laugh thumbup ...Tammy would have been looking at the envelope wondering where the stamps are!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 01:57 AM
Thanks guys. You are doing fantastic.

Rite2U your package will go in the mail tomorrow. I know it's been a long wait. I think you will find that it was worth it. It's a nice selection of plants and that makes it worth the wait I always think.

Believe me I remember forgetting stamps in my first package to Belinda so I wouldn't have been too terribly suprised. One nice thing when you make a mistake like that it makes it easy to excuse sending a second package of seed packets. Did I mention that I'm obsessive? lol.

I'm not taking these all to the postoffice and I don't have a postal scale so if I'm alittle off please excuse me.

I went to the post office today and the lady at the counter told me that hand canceling is now 13 cents rather than 12 cents like it used to be. She just wanted me to buy a bunch more stamps I know.

I look forward to everyones envelopes.

Roflol, your envelope made it here today. Those look like mighty good seeds. I hope there are some extra chocolate mint seeds in there. They smelled so good. Yummy.

Bestofour your envelope came in today too. So I'll be busy making up seed packets tomorrow too. So far everything is going great. I think everyone will be please with the fantastic selection that they are getting.
Posted By: ceceharpo Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 02:08 AM
Hello all. I have missed quite a bit of going's on here lately, and I wonder if I am too late to participate in this years seed exchange. Please email me if I am or if I'm not. I would love to participate. BTW, I am in Canada, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I do send in bubble envelopes though, so maybe I can be allowed????
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 02:24 AM
Hey Cece, I'd be happy if you joined us. I look forward to getting your envelope. pm me if you have any questions since I look at pms before I come over to the seed exchange. I'm so glad you found us before the deadline.
Posted By: ceceharpo Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 03:42 AM
Ok, I got it, at least 20 seeds per pack but how many packs are we to send to you TKHooper? I want to get these in the mail tomorrow seeing as how my mail is coming to you from Canada. It will most likely take a few extra days.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 04:00 AM
Hi Cece you have a pm. I think I answered your questions there. You can send up to 100 seed packets per envelopes and as many envelopes as you like. Just limit the number of same type of seeds to no more than 10 packets per type. Otherwise some people are going to end up with several packets of the same thing. And I'd like to avoid that as much as possible. Although people with large yards might not mind getting several packages of the same thing.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 04:40 AM
Tammy, I got your seeds today! You must be a magician to have been able to cram all those packets into that small envelope!! Plus I'm thrilled with the selection of seeds I got back, thanks soooo much!! Also, I got the 10 packets of obedient plant ready and I'll send them out tomorrow.
Posted By: Lorena Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 05:55 AM
Hey Tammy! wavey

I went to the mailbox today not expecting anything and WOOHOO I got the package you sent! There's even items from my (incredibly long) wish list! So surprised! Stuffed full little envelope it is! grinnnn

Lorena luv
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 07:38 AM
Your both very welcome. I'm glad you like what I was able to send. I look forward to the obedient plant. I'm sure everyone would like to try them.
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 07:42 AM
Tk

Have got my package I sent u. Just let me know if u did get it. Take your if u did. I know it is taking some of my packages along time to get to some of my trades.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 07:58 AM
Originally posted by tkhooper:
Hey Angelblossom,

I got your envelope today. I haven't had a chance to look at it but I'll get right on it tomorrow.

Oh Good!!! kissies
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 08:02 AM
I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it will be here soon. Your not so far from me that it should take to long.
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 08:34 AM
Hey tk,
I just finished putting my seed packet together. Off it will go to the P. O. tomorrow! kissies
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 09:02 PM
Good Morning everyone,

Bestofour and Roflol your envelopes are completed and should go in the mail today. That is if, I can manage to get dressed. I'm feeling rather lazy today. lol.

Hey Floweringchild, thankyou for being a part of the Fall Fling. Your sweet to add something for me but that isn't necessary. I love doing it for my forum family.

Take care and have a great day. Bibee hopefully today your envelope will arrive I'll be on the lookout for it. My mailman has been coming about 1:30 pm so I'll let you know if it arrives.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 09:27 PM
Good morning Tammy, I just dropped your letter off at the PO. I didn't have an extra stamps, so I had the mail clerk put in the same amount of stamps as it took to mail the package--I think he put them in there, 'cause I know I didn't. hmmmmmmm, now that I think of it, I just remember him charging me for the stamps and sealing the envelope.... If the stamps aren't in there, please let me know and I'll get you taken care of!!

Thanks again for the promptness and awesomeness (new word!) of your fall fling!!
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 26th, 2006 at 09:47 PM
Tk

I hope it comes soon. It's been 2 weeks or more.
I think the postoffice is getting lazy.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 12:08 AM
Hi Tk, any sign of my second envelope yet? Still waiting for my first one to come. Have a feeeling it's going to be today or tomorrow!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 02:05 AM
Hi Kenny, Haven't seen your second envelope yet but I'm sure it will be here in a few days.

Hi Bibee, Your envelope arrived today. I haven't looked at the seeds yet but I'm sure they are wonderful.

Hey LandofOz, I'm confused. Is this a second envelope? I sometimes forget things so please remind me.

Hi Njoynit, your envelope arrived today. Again I haven't gone through it yet but I'm looking forward to seeing what all you sent and making up a nice selection of seeds to send back to you.

Hey Partygirl, you envelope arrived today too. My mailbox was overflowing with envelopes it was great. Some of your seed packets were leaking seeds but I think it's because they get caught on the plastic zip lock ridges and don't actually get in the envelope. But you put so many seeds in each of your envelopes I don't think it will be a problem.

So I will be working on your packets over the comming week and will of course try to make sure you have them before the end of November.

I'm so excited. It is just like Christmas.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 02:16 AM
Tammy, this is the second envelope with the 10 packets of obedient plant seeds. And if this is the only thing that has confused you or that you've forgotten then you are doing about a million times better than I would've!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 02:57 AM
Have I mentioned that my computer desk is looking like a junk yard lol. I just have to put some of this stuff away. I'm so bad.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 03:05 AM
Well look at them baggies good.one of them has $$ and some seeds for you.I found some lime basil today that fell out..it smelled good as the vacume sucked it up...baggie& all.

Did the rain arrive with the envelope too?I sure hope so.I've had my fill this month.I soaked myself this morning in a mud puddle...I was trying to get out of truck...OVER it.not IN it.The puddle was just TOO big.
I did fix my mailbox too so its dry again.I leaned the box forward a lil& re shaped box so the lid will stick....for a lil while anyway.I guess is an excuse to buy a larger box.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 03:27 AM
LandofOz, you got me. That was a definitely lol. Thanks for reminding me about the obedient plant. Sometimes I need to staple notes to my forehead.

Njoynit, I did see the postage envelope thankyou for including the goodie. I do like goodies. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with all my wonderful seeds without a yard. But I'll talk someone into letting me play in theirs lol. I'm sorry I missed out on the lime basil. But I still have several kinds that I haven't attempted to grow yet. Although I'll have to change up soon. Everyone around here already has a herb container full of the cinnamon basil lol.

To bad Mike57 isn't feeling well. I bet he could make you a mailbox that would be super fantastic. I wish I had that kind of craft talent.

Now I'm off to begin sorting the seeds into their different sections.

And for those who love to stay in the know 1,039 seed packets have arrived so far. That is if my math is any good today. And some days are far better than others.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 03:44 AM
Tammy, this may seem like a stupid question, but you didn't move did you? I got the package back again but this time there was a yellow label on it that says the person is no longer at this address...and in large leters RTS (return to sender I guess). Is it still too late to resend it tomorrow or would you prefer me not to hold up and wait for the second round, if there is one?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 03:59 AM
Hum, that's odd. Did you check the address. Or the zip code. Sometimes small differences can confuse the post office. I'll pm my address to you just so you can check and make sure. I transposed letters from time to time.

And yes I would really like you to send it if you want to since I have roflol's seeds to send back to you. Or I can just put them in an envelope to you. Let me know which way you want it.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 04:08 AM
I'll send them to you, hopefully I didn't slow everything down! You should be getting it soon!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 07:52 PM
I look forward to it. No your not slowing everything down. Your doing fine. The clog in the system is going to be me if anyone. I need to type of 4 plant lists before I can send out the next set of envelopes and it will probably take me all day because I can't wrap my head around it quite yet. One of the problems with giving up Coffee and Tea is that it is harder to get started in the morning. And this is one of those mornings when I would really like a Coffee lol. Oh well, I promise to get on it as soon as I can. Have a good day all. And if you don't see me the rest of the day you'll know what I'm up to lol.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 11:13 PM
Oh Kratz7 your envelope is in the mail. And I hope you are going to enjoy your selection of seeds. And I would definitely like to see pictures of the Water Lotus when it flowers. I love those flowers.

Sibyl your envelope will go in the mail tomorrow I missed the postman by this much lol.

Bibee your not going to believe it but your envelope will go in the mail tomorrow too.

tcmers your envelope will be in the mail tomorrow also.

It took some doing but I managed it. Now I have some fantastic soup to look forward too. Yummy, and then I'll be making pioneer scones to take to Donna this evening. I feel pretty productive today. Even if I can't see my dinningroom table or my computer ironing board lol.

Have a good day all.

Oh BTW Triss you box arrived. I'll dig into it tonight or tomorrow. It looks so inviting. I can't wait to see what all you sent.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 11:21 PM
wow Triss super nice gift. I love the cards and envelopes that are super great. Thankyou.
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 27th, 2006 at 11:59 PM
You are welcome Tammy, I am glad it made it safe, and so quickly as well.

I think I may have sent more than 10 packages of one seed. Read that part after I sent it. And if it is a problem, then just count the first 10 for what you return to me.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 12:06 AM
Triss guess what
I just finished filling your envelope and it's going out in the mail tomorrow.

Woohoo I'm on a roll.
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 12:28 AM
That is so cool Tammy. Mine was probably one of the easier ones though. Cannot wait to see what comes back to me.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 01:21 AM
Uhhh Tammy....my seeds that i sent to you have come back to me...says no such address?
I have double checked the address and thats what i put....so i am adding a few more stamps and mailing them again today.
Please let me know once they get there, i dont understand why they came back in the first place??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 02:03 AM
That is so weird...that's twice now huh? I'm glad mine got there okay.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 02:14 AM
The kids called and said i got some seeds in the mail and told me the name...its the envelope i sent to Tammy...so back into the mail they go.....again :p :p :p
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 04:09 AM
Wow Tammy! You are fast! I can't wait to get them...I'm all excited! clp
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 05:42 AM
Njoynit, guess what...
yeppers I finished your envelope too. So it will go out in the mail tomorrow. This is so much fun. Maybe I should take sudafed more often I never get this much done in a day lol.

I can't wait to hear if you like what I picked for you.

As far as the returns from Canada. Maybe you all should contact your postoffice first before resending. The only problems we are experiencing is across the northern boarder. Everyone elses is comming in fine. Are you doing the capital "USA" thing on the final line? I know silly question. I just can't figure out what is going on. And I don't want you all waisting postage.

I wish I knew what the problem was. This is weird.

Well we are heading out visiting teaching now so bye.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 07:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm really glad I joined the Fall Fling seeds exchange. I look forward to getting my seed swap from it.

And Tammy.... Thank You Sooooooo much for being the chief swapper in the swap. I'm sure I will be pleased with the seeds I recieve. For you to take the time to be the organizer of such a huge undertaking is so, so generous.

And for everyone that took the time to chip in all of your seeds to the swap another Thank you also,you all are a great bunch of people [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Have a great evening,

[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 07:59 AM
Hi Tammy....i mailed mine again...but this time at the actual post office and even they didnt know what the problem was but told me i had more then enough postage, sooooo here's hoping you see them and i dont~~!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 08:26 AM
I'll cross all my crossables. And I'll be on the look out for your package. There is still a great selection of seeds so don't worry. I think you are still going to be thrilled with you swap.

Hey Charlie, I love being able to do something for my Forum Family. I to think you all are great.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 09:56 AM
Tammy
you sent mine out today! thank you!
i sent you stamps today!
my mail lady said they cant take the bubble envolopes unless they know whats in them, maybe thats what caused Pennys to go back to her?
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 10:08 AM
ooooppsss
i mean your sending mine out tomarrow! thank you!
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 12:47 PM
you know...sometimes its just the postal workers....sometimes my mail has problems makeing it past Lufkin.so useually then I'll just go mail it back out of Livingston cause for some reason THEIR mail ships Houston then where its going to from there.I shipped mine out of Livingston to you...they sailed fast to for 1st class.I'm looking forward to them seeds.I know soon I will have sort my wintersowing sections& get a count for getting my jugs ready. I'll get your postage out tommorow.my roads in bad shape (plus I've not helped it any on the quad)My roads not carable right now& I've been given a warning about rideing my quad.I guess all my neighbors aren't deaf nor blind.plus I learned I can't ride it on the county road (which is fine....the woods is more fun!)anyone wanting rain....I'll share mine.I can't even sift compost right now.its mudpost.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 28th, 2006 at 06:08 PM
You already sent me postage. Both of you. There isn't any need to send more. Yes I've had postal worker problems from time to time too. Usually I go in and get grouchy with the supervisor and the problem goes away.

Njoynit you be careful on that quad ok?

I'm of course looking forward to what's left to come in. We are about halfway through so there is still plenty left to get.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 03:14 AM
Cancolgirl your envelope arrived today. No problem getting through from your part of Canada anyway. So now I've just got to choose the 32 seed packets to send back to you. I don't think I have any double hollyhocks in the exchange as of yet but I'll keep my eye out. Thankyou so much for being a part of the Fall Fling.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 03:18 AM
LandofOz I also got the obedient plants. Thankyou for taking the time to send them in.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 05:09 AM
Thanks TK !!Got my envelope today!! kissies
Posted By: cancolgirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 07:36 AM
Oh I am so glad u got them clp . I was scared after reading that Kenny's and Penny's had been returned. I can't wait to see what I get. Thank you for all the work u have put into it. No need to hurry with mine, I can wait even tho it's probably an easy one to fill. smile .
Posted By: roflol Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 12:26 PM
Got mine today too! Woohoo, thanks everybody! This truly is early Christmas for me! What a great collection! luv

Kenny, thanks for the Job's Tears, told my Mom about these and she is looking forward to seeing how the rosary(ies)/chaplets turn out when I grow the plants. I hope you are as pleased with the cypress as I am with the JT. luv

Tammy, thanks so much for all your work. luv
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 07:09 PM
Hi Angelblossom, I hope the seeds help you create a beautiful garden this coming year.

Hey Cancolgirl, I'll do my best to see that you get a good selection of seeds.

Morning Roflol, Wow yours got back to you quickly. But that is a good thing. I'm glad you are happy with the selection.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 07:58 PM
roflol, glad you liked them! I'm trying to wait patiently for my package!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 08:39 PM
I know how you feel. There are 7 possible packages out there and I'm not feeling at all patient lol. That's probably because I finally have a full blown cold and I feel awful. So if I sound cranky please forgive me. I hate being sick.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 10:38 PM
Feel better soon Tammy....mine should be arriving mid week and i cant wait to see what i get back from you.....Thanks for doing this Tammy...great job kissies thumbup thumbup
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 10:47 PM
I'm glad that you got my seeds, Tammy. I hope that they help out with wish-lists.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 10:54 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon! Penny, you live father than me from the boarder yet your packages seem to get across faster than mine!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 10:59 PM
Originally posted by kennyso:
roflol, glad you liked them! I'm trying to wait patiently for my package!
Wasn't the deadline just two days ago???? nutz
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 11:18 PM
Hi Mel, ya just Friday, but I had my package mailed back out to me about a week earlier, I know, I am slowly going whack!
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 11:19 PM
Tammy, I hope you are feeling better soon!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 11:26 PM
It was 2 days ago but mine and Kenny's seeds came back to us from the post man?
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 11:34 PM
Oh, Jeez, I get it now! I hope it all goes smoothly now and your seeds get delivered!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III - October 29th, 2006 at 11:53 PM
Hi Tam,
I hope you're feeling better! I had a nasty cold all last week. Everyone at work was like "Just go home. You look like h*ll." But I'm too stuborn to let being sick keep me home. Anyway, I was sooooo very cranky! and Everyone else that has caught this cold has been an absolute bear to be around. I really think it might be a symptom of this particular strain of cold virus...Hang in there, this thing seems to come and go for a few weeks too. I'm sorry you caught it and I hope it passes quickly. Try not to hurt anyone. lol
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]