This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#48532 October 23rd, 2006 at 09:40 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
rofling. That caught me by suprise lol. Sounds like I should have sent you an electric blanket and a very long extention cord before I send you your envelope lol. I hope it arrives very soon. I'm thinking the postoffice is really trying to expidite any packages moving now so there isn't a back log when the christmas rush begins. Of course I could be wrong. But it seems like I'm getting everyones packages quickly.

#48533 October 24th, 2006 at 12:00 AM
I just got back from the post office so hopefully you'll get my package tomorrow or surely by Wednesday.

#48534 October 24th, 2006 at 01:27 AM
Tammy, you are amazing. Just reading the weekends posts and it is great to see you are getting so many seeds and already have packages being sent back. VERY cool!!! My package should go out this week. It will be one of the easy to fill ones!

#48535 October 24th, 2006 at 02:15 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I look forward to seeding both of your envelopes arrive. This is so much fun. One of the church ladies was over earlier and we were discussing the exchange and how I have it organized. She does the same thing for one of the clubs she belongs to although with stationary rather than seeds. I wish I were artistic enough to do something like that but I'm not. So I'm glad I found gardening.

#48536 October 24th, 2006 at 02:48 AM
Guess what I got in the mail????? I got my seeds from Tammy already and alot of wonderful choices Tammy!!!!!! Thanks! clp clp clp

#48537 October 24th, 2006 at 04:23 AM
CAn't wait for them Tammy! I thought this was such a good idea that I decided to organize a swap similar to this on another forum and let me tell all you who thinks Tammy's job is easy....it's not! OMg, it's such hard work, and if you loose your organization you're busted big time! It's really overwhelming, and it certain is exciting getting to see what everyone send in!Tammy, thanks so much for doing this. kissies muggs luv

#48538 October 24th, 2006 at 06:20 AM
Hi therre,

I agree Tammy has to have a "HUGE JOB" on her hands.

Tammy you have to be an organized angel to be able to keep the fall fling in line and to have the patience to do it...

I Say three cheers for Tammy....

hip hip hooray, hip hip hoora, hip hip hooray to you Tammy!
Cheers,
Thanks Again,
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Kratz7

#48539 October 24th, 2006 at 06:40 AM
Is it too late to send seeds? I've never done this before, but I think I will have some ready to go in a couple days.

How do I know what to ask for? Is there a master list of what is available?

#48540 October 24th, 2006 at 09:22 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Mel...here's the swap info...

The following is from tkhooper:

RULES
1. Please try to put at least 20 seeds per pack.
Send a pack of seeds that you would be happy receiving!
2. Mail your seeds no later than October 27th.
3. Send a wishlist of the seed you would like with the understanding that I'll do my best but can't guarantee that you will get what you hope for.
4. Send a SASBE (self-addressed stamped bubble envelope) with your seeds. Please make sure you have enough return postage on the envelope.
5. Please limit the maximum number of seed packs per envelope to 100. Multiple mailings are ok!
6. I will do my best to get your seeds to you by Thanksgiving.

The following is from me:
NOTICE! All seed packs will be cataloged.
If you send weed seeds we will be able to track who they came from, and you will be banned from participating in future seed swaps, and your name will be posted in the seed Exchange forum as a "risk"!

If you'd like to participate in this Swap, please PM Tammy (tkhooper) for her address to mail your seeds.
Looks like you have 4 more days to get your seeds in the mail!

flw

How do I know what to ask for? Is there a master list of what is available?
If there is anything you can think of that you are wanting, just put a note in with the seeds. It all depends on what everyone sends in...she may not even get what you put on your "want list"...but you won't be disappointed with whatever you get. It's a lot of fun!

#48541 October 24th, 2006 at 10:14 AM
Okay, Thanks for answering my question , I just got to your answer after answering it myself~! laugh laugh I just re-read all three "Fall Fling" topics. laugh shocked

So, I guess I just need some idea of what's available, maybe anyone that wants to can pm me with what you have sent in? I have no idea what to ask for , but after reading all the posts it's helpful because then I say idea Oh yeah, I would love zinnias! AND cleome, and hycinth bean (if any come in)

Me, I'm sending lots of wonder egg seeds, cosmos (mixed pinks) and a few seashell cosmos, black eyed susan, datura (white), purple coneflower, liatris, sweet william, MG's (dk blue w/pink throat), blue balloon flower, dill, and more.

#48542 October 24th, 2006 at 12:19 PM
Tammy, I sent my package out today and you should have it on Thursday. If not, I have a confirmation number and can follow it that way.

Thanks for hosting!!

#48543 October 24th, 2006 at 05:54 PM
I got my package ready& am going to town today.I've lost the address.I know I wrote it on a Ace Hardware sales ad.someone help me out here...............ANYONE can PM me the addy.

#48544 October 24th, 2006 at 06:30 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Oh no! I just finished this huge post answering everyones questions and then I stopped to e-mail my address and the post disappeared. I think I'm going to cry. I didn't know it would do that.

Hi Kennyso, I've got over 25 years of experience working in distribution points and offices so this isn't hard for me to do. Especially since I live alone and can spread out with out worrying about having things moved. I'm sorry you are having a difficult time with yours. Hopefully it will all work out for you.

Hey PartyGirl, I look forward to receiving your package.

Hey Njoynit, I send you a pm. Hopefully in time for you to get your package in the mail today.

It's time to go volunteer at the Family History Center. I'll see you all this afternoon.

#48545 October 24th, 2006 at 06:39 PM
I've sent in some gourds,october rose hibiscus,autuam beauty sunflower, a few JMG seeds& veggies.Canna seeds(hey they bloom 1st year!)Castor beans,dantra.

#48546 October 24th, 2006 at 09:14 PM
S
S
Comfry got her seeds already!!!! im dying to know what all she got!
Tammy
ill be mailing out the stamps thursday, also my love lies bleeding arnt little purple flowers, they are about 3-4 feet tall with long red tassles. i gave seeds to my boss last year and his got 6 feet tall![id like to know what he got in his soil!]ill wright lond red tassles on the packages. ill send in some yaccas too.

#48547 October 25th, 2006 at 12:00 AM
S
S
its me again!
i got more pink/purple clomes,,cosmos bright lights,,calendulcas,,four-o-clocks,,and phlox if you want any more of those i could send more in. wink

#48548 October 25th, 2006 at 06:10 AM
Tammy, I finally got around to sending my seeds out today. Didn't want to miss the deadline, just to let u know I forgot to put the stamps inside the envelope where all the seed packets are in. So please be careful when u open the package because the stamps are in the outer envelope. It was funny because I couldn't decide which ones to send. So the guy at the PO kept on asking me if I was ready. I also wasn't able to get as many out as I had hoped. It's my first year gardening so I didn't have much. But wait 'til next year.

I did send in Veggie seeds (tomato, carrot, pepper) as well as flowers.

#48549 October 25th, 2006 at 07:44 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hey Angelblossom,

I got your envelope today. I haven't had a chance to look at it but I'll get right on it tomorrow.

Hey njoynit,

Thankyou for sending them in. I'm kind of tired tonight so I can't really think of anything to say. But I promise to do better tomorrow.

#48550 October 25th, 2006 at 06:37 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi Cancolgirl, I look forward to getting your package. I know just what you mean about not being able to send in to many the first time. That happened to me to. But I've maxed out at least one envelope ever since. Not that, that's been to long because I've only been gardening a short period of time.

Sibyl, I think we are ok on those types of seeds. But thankyou for your generoucity in being willing to send in additional packets.

Angelblossom, I was able to fill your envelope first thing this morning. Thankyou for sending such great seeds. I hope you like what I was able to send you back.

Everyone, I'm alittle behind on getting everyones packets up to date. Yesterday wiped me out. But I've got my energy back so hopefully today I'll catch up with them.

#48551 October 25th, 2006 at 07:12 PM
They have shipped off and should arrive soon.I also have to send more postage to you.I was down to rolled change by time I was at PO.I also don't think that gal liked me re useing my envelope.she was makeing everyone wait while she peeled old stuff off the envelope(like you can't stick postage on top of postage)she peeled my fragile sticker off after told her it was seeds& my thank you sticker too.Guess i'm lucky she didn't peel your address label!Its a priorty postage lable trimmed to be white.

#48552 October 25th, 2006 at 08:09 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Ok I'm pretty much caught up. Only completed Angelblossoms envelope but the others are comming along. One of the liabilities of sending in full envelopes is that you pretty much have to wait until everything arrives in order to fill yours. But it also means that you pretty much get one of everything too. So it probably works out even either way.

#48553 October 25th, 2006 at 08:48 PM
Okay, my obedient plant is finally ready for harvesting. I have been waiting for the plant to get brown and "crunchy" however, I recently noticed little black things all over my sidewalk, next to my plants--they're dropping seeds! So, would you like me to send some in, Tammy, or not? If you've got a ton then I won't send you more! laugh

#48554 October 25th, 2006 at 10:15 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
LandofOz, I don't have any obedient plant so if you can spare about 5 to 10 packages that would be great. You are so sweet to ask.

Maja24, Believe it or not your package is winging it's way back to you. The postal carrier said it shouldn't take more than a week to arrive. So it shouldn't be to long before you get it. I hope you are happy with the selections I made for you. I'm sorry that I didn't have anything from your wishlist.

#48555 October 25th, 2006 at 10:58 PM
I'll aim for getting you 10 packages--no promises though!! I'm hoping that I'll be getting your package today--it seems most package to and from here are taking about 2 days. I'm so excited!

#48556 October 26th, 2006 at 12:04 AM
Tammy, My seeds are in the mail. Look out for a box rather than an envelope cuz I added a lil something for you. Everything else is inside and I even remembers to put stamps on my bubble envelope. Almost forgot that part.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard