This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Please Stay Tuned. This Broadcasting Station Is Experiencing Some Technical Difficulties...The Trouble Is Not With Your Set.

Ok, Ok, We Admit It. We Are Madly Editing To Fit Your Screen And To Run In The Time Allotted.

Please Stand By.

Thank You Very Much.

Merme

Wild Woman
Wild Woman
OMG....miss a day and you never know what you are gonna WIN!!!!! Thanks MERME...what did we ever do for entertainment before the games?

Oh, yeah...Cindy, now I remember! laugh

I am on my 2nd gallon of Chase & Sanborn w/ICE CREAM...........ewe....doesn't that sound yummy! See at least you all now know why I miss so darn much around here...

I'M ALWAYS IN THE BATHROOM!!!! laugh laugh laugh

And, I could picture Weezie through the WHOLE thing....well, actually everybody"s was pretty darn fitting! Thanks AGAIN MERME... kissies

Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
La! La! La, La, La!

Oh, excuse me folks, I just got carried away singing along with The XXXth Olympiad Theme Song. But isn't that a nifty tune? It sounds so Regal! La! La! La, La, La!

Sorry about that, Ladies and Gentlemen, but when you are involved with broadcasting these games live via satellite, the excitement just gets under your skin! And from my observations of the crowd gathering tonight, I don't think I am the only one excited to be here at Mt. Venus where the athletes will soon be competing for top honors in The Domestic Goddess Event!

Here they come now, everyone! Just look at those athletic Home Executives! You have got to be in top-notch shape to even HOPE to qualify for the grueling early elimination rounds and these final 50 Contestants have made the cut. They are all in winning condition.

And entering the arena is a well-known favorite, a real crowd pleaser, Gardenmom32210.
Representing the State of...WHAT? Her bio card says "Karen?s World ... 2nd Star in the Psycho Nebulla just past the Asylum System!" Well, wherever THAT is, folks, we know it is in USDA planting zone 9.

The athletes are at the starting line and keep your eye on G-mom in Lane 4. In this first lap to Obstacle 1, they have on running shoes because speed is so important..the shot is fired and they are off! There she goes, easily sprinting ahead of the pack! And she has made it to the Obstacle -- Solve This Riddle. Quickly picking up the card, she reads the riddle, pauses briefly, jots down her answer and hands it off to the referee, taking only .2/100th of a second to figure it out!

Coming out of the gates, she slips into high heels and is met by her husband who catches her in his arms and the two waltz down the center of lane 4. Wa-ay to go, G-mom! Brilliantly done! Now he spins her into Obstacle 2 -- Find That Obscure Recipe. Dashing lightly to her reference library, her nimble fingers flip through the pages of her ancient cookbook. A grin of satisfaction spreads across her face and she has got it! Handing the opened book to the referee she changes shoes once again and sets off out of the gate.

Oh, this is too exciting, folks! She is running down the lane in hiking boots heading for Obstacle 3. All the other competitors are either still trying to Solve This Riddle or Find That Recipe. Doubtful anyone can catch her now. And here she goes, not even out of breath into Obstacle 3 -- Entertain The Kids!

Can anything be too hard for this Domestic Goddess going for the Gold? Did you know her nickname is "Tag-Team Buddy"? And we can certainly see why tonight! She plays well with others and never runs with scissors!

And she's got it! She has laid out a plan to visit the Zoo with 34 kids, pointing out what a good opportunity it is for her to do some homemade educating as she can name every bit of flora and fauna at the zoo for those hungry little minds to absorb! The crowd is cheering, as she dashes out the gate sliding on high top Waders to make her crazy assault on Obstacle 4 -- Save Everything In The Flood!

And she's fearless! And she is fast! She has waded right into that gushing mud stream as though on dry ground and is lifting boxes over her head to higher ground! She has thrown sandbags, she's lit emergency candles, she's inflated life rafts and filled them with canned goods. She's slammed coffee, she's sipped Zinfansomething, she's laughed at jokes and made even more. And have you ever seen such delightful computer graphics? The fans adore her!

And now she is off on the final lap and the crowd is screaming, folks, they are losing their minds as they watch her complete one Obstacle after another! She's sewn 42 outfits, knocked down a wall and hung French Doors. She's laid out all the fixings for a BBQ to feed 800, restocked the water garden, made doctor and dentist appointments, consoled the comfortless, nurtured the wilting, and put the devil on the run more than once. This Domestic Goddess has Hard Rock Ccommon Sense! What an unflappable woman! But oh no!

Here is a challenger running up fast in Lane 12! Will G-mom ever pull far enough ahead to leave this upstart in the bronze of her golden wake?! Competitor 2 is one length behind, is closing the gap, is half a length behind, is running shoulder to shoulder as they go through the gates to the Final Obstacle -- Bird Watching In The Gazebo!

G-mom takes a quick look around, slips into some comfy silk boxer shorts and SITS DOWN! Competitor 2 seems confused, doesn't seem to know quite what to do. She scratches her head, she looks around, she can't find the birds! Now look at G-mom, LOOK at her please!

Sitting in serenity, a hot coffee on the table and there are flocks and flocks of birds covering every available surface! There are hummingbirds by the million, there are chickadees and wrens, there are Quaker Parrots and robins and bluejays by the dozen! And one little Ani has landed on her head! Oh the flamingos and the pelicans and sweet Lorikeets! And what's that magical sound we hear? It's G-mom! Singing "Feed The Birds! Feed The Birds!"-- a real Mary Poppins moment if ever there was one and the crowd is insane with delight! Saying good-bye to her feathered friends G-mom is off in her last sprint to victory while Challenger 2 is still trying to figure out what "birds" are!

And dressed in her jeans, a gal ready for anything, G-mom easily sprints to the finish ... there's no-one even in her class tonight! And IT IS GOLD! G-mom has won the GOLD!

Merme

Wild Woman
Wild Woman
And she"s fearless! And she is fast!
AND SHE HAS A WHIP.......... shk

Wild Woman
Wild Woman
She has ripped one open and is grinding the beans with her teeth,
Merme...how do you know all this stuff! Darin & I LOVE chocolate covered coffee beans!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

COOL! Thanks Merme kissies

G-Mom [Linked Image]

Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
Merme...how do you know all this stuff!
Um, 'Nessa, I am a keen observer of human behavior.

AND, I'm half-nuts.

So that makes for a great imagination!

thumbup

Merme

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Merme...
I'm nuts and have a good imagination, and I sure can't write like that.

...was I supposed to stop when I got to "half" nuts?
nutz

Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Afgrey....

I think what happens to you with music in your heart and mind, happens to me with words....

Merme

great job merme. loved them all. so creative and humorous and i don't know anyone well! i'm somewhat embarassed to even post----did you have to tell everyone we're sisters? shocked

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Afgrey....

I think what happens to you with music in your heart and mind, happens to me with words....
...you mean, like, me being able to pick up and instrument and play it when I've never played it before? It's just "there"?
...wonder how it gets there... sca

----did you have to tell everyone we're sisters?
laugh

Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> ...you mean, like, me being able to pick up an instrument and play it when I've never played it before? It's just "there"?
...wonder how it gets there... kissies

Merme

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Merme...
The music thing is so weird to me.
It really does freak me out when I start thinking about it.

My brother owned a music store for years, and he'd get all these neat things in there that I had never had the opportunity to even TOUCH before...like mandolins, banjo, etc. I was there one day and some guy was picking "Wildwood flower" on the guitar, and I got a harmonica out of the case and started right in with him...never played one in my life before that. It makes me feel like I've been reincarnated or something...
And, one day I picked up a violin and started playing it. That is TOO weird... frown

Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Well, Cindy Lu...all I can say is YOU ARE BLESSED! I can't even play the radio in tune! My sis & son have taught themselves to play about everything...but..nope..I didn't get any of that! My F-I-L...now 80 something...can play anything he picks up! When we have family reunions on hubby's side it's like a big Jam session....I love it. My family was all very blessed with being able to sing VERY well...so is hubby's family...and he can sing like a bird..but me..nope..can't carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on it.

Ya wanna hear me sing OKLAHOMA???????
AGAIN..... laugh

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Ya wanna hear me sing OKLAHOMA???????
Sure...but hold on a second and let me go fetch my harmonica! laugh

can't carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on it.
That's me --not even if its sealed shut with glue!!! laugh laugh laugh

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I can sing real good in a nice sized metal
mailbox.......boy can I sing!!!
The acoustic's are awesome!!!

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Cindy my first wife was like that. she could pickup any instrument and start playing it right off. One day I bought her an old accordian from a junk store in Old Las Vegas New Mexico it was upstairs under about 8 inch's of dust . Taped up some of the baffles got it to work and she played it right off. Made me so jealous and proud at same time. I learned to play Trumpet and French Horn by reading music outside of that am like V anessa and pc can't carry a tune in an oak bucket with the lid on it. she picked them up and played right off the bat.
Jimmy

I'm with all of you non musical people. I however have been blessed with very good ears and appreciate all that I hear so that is a good trade off for me. I just hope my kiddos inherit their daddy's talent. He taught himself the harmonica and can sing so well.

Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
And now, ladies and gentlemen, as we take a look around the arena tonight we can't help but notice how enthused the crowds are for this last rotation in the Individual Gymnastic Event! All of the athletes competing now have finished the required rotations through each mandatory phase and these are the top ranking finalists to compete...

Here they come now, folks, each exquisite gymnast ready to face her final challenge and hopefully secure the GOLD!

And there she is, the crowd favorite we have all been waiting for -- Nako! Representing the fine State of New Hampshire, USDA planting zone 5a.

This greenhouse Pixie has already won perfect 10's on the uneven bars, the balance beam, the vault and tonight she hopes to repeat her achievement with a perfect 10 for her floor exercise! And it is slated to be a big one, folks!

Watching her in earlier practice, we know her Ninja Gymnast Routine is terribly difficult but she has nailed it every time so *thinks* let's hope she'll do it again for the fans! This could be GOLD!

The crowd goes wild as she steps out onto the mat. She ^.^ and gives a big o.O omg to her family and Chris in the stands. And...her music comes up! She is dancing to "As I Wander Through The Wild Woods Where The Purple Finch Says 'hello'..." and she's off!

See that corner to corner series across the mat? THREE double back flips *hops* FOUR headstands and TWO tumbles into the firing position. She's got her Olympic Standard Pellet gun out and fires at the balloons and cans 2,000 ft away, hitting each one with precision! And now look! As she flips and leaps her way across the mat throwing stars with speed and uncanny accuracy, she hits every target! What a night this is for ~Phoebe, what a night!

Adjusting her Secret Agent Radio ear piece, she pulls out her Zaotochi and m'kay she >.< zeroes in on making it across the mat one more time swinging that long stick and jumping over it again and again! Folks this is The Matrix come to life before our very eyes as she goes across the mat and right UP that cement column, so ya, I'm thinking she is going for the GOLD with nothing to stop her now!

And she is swinging chains and she is frighteningly good >.O with the golf clubs and swords and this bakins swinging pixie leaps with fairy dust right into a perfect 10!

And she's done it, folks, she has done it! m'kay, the scores are coming up and it is TENS straight across the board!

The crowd screams! The crowd cheers! There is pandamonium in the house tonight!

Our little Nako makes her way to the podium where she is met by supporters for *poke poke* and *hugz* before climbing the stairs. Gaining the topmost purchase, our petite champion looks at the size of the crowd in thunderous applause and

*blushes*
*hides*

omg

*get back*

And Nako has taken the GOLD!

Merme

And yet another wonderful Olympic broadcast! Go go go Nako!

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I LOVE IT! thumbup
laugh laugh laugh

Way To Go Nako!!!!

grinnnn
laugh

What a triumph ! thumbup
Nana

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Nako *hops*great work ~Phoebe you earned that gold.
ya know I think if there was an icecream eating event 4Ruddy would win it hands down!!
Not sure about that I do a pretty good job on ice cream I just don't put it in Coffee like hot coffee and cold Ice Cream laugh . Last time I bought ice cream got 3 gallons of Blue Bell chocolate each one different from the others. Started with Chocolate decadance to Triple chocolate down to Dutch Chocolate of course was covered with chocolate syrup. Ate all three in three days. One a day did not mean too . Just did it before I realized I had eaten that much laugh . Glad I don't like chocolate. laugh
Jimmy

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard