A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: 4Ruddy Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 26th, 2006 at 01:13 PM
We maxed out part 1...tee hee.....

The sellers signed the papers..excepted the offer..I was suppose to find out today if the appraisal had been done but didn't get the call back. I got the insurance on the house and they are going to do the escroll (I always want to say escargo for some reason)thing so I wont have to come up with the whooping sum once a year (that is a GOOD thing). Went to the house today to put light bulbs in (they took every freaking one out when they moved )Turned the lights on and sparks came flying from the living room light fixture...at first I just thought there was something magical going on...so, I took the light bulb out and turned the swith back on..no magic really sparks...so they are sending an electrician to check it out. So..I should know in a day or so whe they will be able to move the closing up to.
I get to purchase the windows that have to be replaced in the back room from HE!!...I really had to, they were on sale and I saved $100.00 thumbup And also some of the light fixtures and the potty....my sis got me a smoker/grill for a pre~houewarming gift (I told her all she had to do was send a ROCK) because we had to leave ours behind and she knows how much ILOVE to cook outside...so I thought thay was WAY sweet! She is also going to help me with some furniture..she is such a good sis! luv Just lives too far away from me!
So...things are still flying right now and it is quite exciting..

~V~
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 26th, 2006 at 01:52 PM
I had a ceiling light that "lit" with no light bulb in it too. It was an easy fix for a friend who knew what he was doing. I'm afraid of electrical things.
Sounds like your house is moving right along, Vanessa. I wished you were closer to me or visa versa. I could help with windows and things, FREE. I got friends. But saving a hundred is a good deal. congrats.
~Tina
Posted By: JV Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 26th, 2006 at 04:04 PM
Vanessa glad things are moving right along for you. That fixture was it a celing fan/light? They are bad about having wires back off from the vibration. But if they are installed using wire nuts and tape not just twisting wires together and tapeing as I have seen people do. I sure need to be there to help you with things.
Jimmy
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 26th, 2006 at 09:33 PM
Vanessa...I'm so happy for you!

Please be careful with the wiring...maybe even turn the main breaker off when you're not there. Electricity is mean.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 26th, 2006 at 10:47 PM
Vanessa - I'm so glad things are moving along for you at such a rapid pace now - it's about time! kissies

Please be very careful with your lighting fixture!
Years ago, we were renting out our apartment.
The previous owners had installed a ceiling fan over the dinnette table area - the guy was a lawyer and apparently had no idea what he was doing.
Well... the tenant's 22 year old son had been sitting at the table eating breakfast and got up to get something, and the ceiling fan fell on the glass table! sca Broke the table and an $100 vase that was on it!!! shk

Thanks goodness the guy had gotten up in the knick of time!!!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 26th, 2006 at 11:42 PM
We turned the braker off and the relator is having an electrician come to fix it. We also have a 6 month insurance rider on the house that anything concerning electrical, plumbing etc...that we find over the 6 month period will have to be fixed by the sellers insurance...that was a good thing!

We got some "bad" news...that Ruf's appeal for disability has been denied....again. The only option we have now is to forget it or get an attorney. We talked to 2 attorneys yesterday and they assured us that there was NO way he should have been denied. The problem is that it takes 12 to 16 months just to get a hearing set!!! So..that wasn't a good thing!
I talked to one of hub's docs and he was WAY angry at the whole deal and is going to work with the attorney free of charge to try to get this rolling although he will not be able to speed it up any. The doc told me that were are NOT patients, he considers us family and he is going tomake sure we are taken care of...I thought that was WAY sweet...(he likes cinnamon rolls a LOT grinnnn )tee hee....although hub is extremely depressed right now..I am NOT letting it get to me...I promised you all I wouldn't gripe or whine...and I WILL keep my promise. It is just part of the journey....but I just hate the time frame that it will take to get this taken care of! What are people suppose to do to survive for a year or better while we are just "waiting" on the system that doesn't work??? How are you suppose to make it and take care of your kids? I wish they could answer that for mem...

~V~
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 26th, 2006 at 11:57 PM
Hi Vanessa wavey
I just wanted to let you know that I've been following along with all your posts...keepin' track...almost feelin' nosey. I've mentioned before that my boyfriend always asks how you're doing and what the latest is. My mom even asks now. You have people thinking, caring and pulling for you all the way up here in Sarnia, Ontario!!
I'm so happy things are moving along with the house and so disappointed with the disability insurance. I've been through it all with my boyfriend, as I've mentioned before he's quadriplegic. We had to wait forever to get things moving..so many forms and Doctor's notes. At one point I was on the phone with them and just said.."Why don't you just come over?? Take a look at him!! There's your proof!" Jeesh...some people!! I had a hard time getting a parking permit, they wanted Jamie to come in and sign the papers himself!! I explained that he can't even hold a pen. I went out to my car, forged his signature lala and went back in and handed it in!!
Anyways...I'm off topic. Sure hope everything works out for you. Thinking about you and your family lots!!!

Christina
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 27th, 2006 at 01:36 AM
Vanessa,

Glad things are moving along with the house. So sorry to hear about the DB being deinied. That system is a mess, I tell you.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 27th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
wavey Vannessa

I hope that things turn out for you and that they change their minds about hubby.

I agree that now days it is so hard to get by and make it and when you really need the help they say no, but advertise that it is sooo easy to get the help mad it makes a person so angry!!!
Keep your chin up and dont sweat the small stuff, i know its easier said then done but try.
we just went through a buy out with our ex partner and knowing what i know now about business we would have never done this, but .... happens and you just keep going.... wink
Penny
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 27th, 2006 at 11:24 AM
Fortunately, his Docs are WONDERFUL and are Really helping us a lot. He DOES qualify for the disability...nobody ca figure out why it didn't go through..probably because the "system" has NO money and they are trying to cut any way they can. But..it is NOT fair to people that have worked hard and paid in their entire lives and cannot get help when they need it...that is my beef with it all! But..PLEASE know...I am NOT discouraged...just frustrated that it may take 16 months to get the hearing set...what am I suppose to do for 16 months...not feed the baby & us.. Duh Guess that would take care of the problem!!!! laugh

The house thing is still going smoothely...will be out running house errands AGAIN tomorrow...this getting out in the world so much is killing me, not to mention taking away from my forum time...that part of it sucks reall big time!!!!
It will get back to ...well...what ever it was pretty soon I hope!

AND...I did pick up a broom for the Ferguson house today...I am good to go!
Work day starts SATURDAY!!!!

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 27th, 2006 at 11:38 AM
He DOES qualify for the disability...nobody ca figure out why it didn't go through..
They deny everyone disability.
You only have 60 days (I think) to appeal it and can't file again for a long time after that if you don't appeal. Everyone I know of that has ever gotten disability has had to get an attorney...then the attorney gets a percentage of the payment.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 27th, 2006 at 01:08 PM
Everyone I know of that has ever gotten disability has had to get an attorney...then the attorney gets a percentage of the payment.
Yeah, I know. That is why we were hoping NOT to have to go that route...but, now we have no choice. I wasn't trying to be greedy, but you shouldn't have to go through an attorney when the disability is so obvious..just like Christina's boyfriend...that was just over the edge I tell ya!!!

~V~
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 27th, 2006 at 10:36 PM
wavey Vannessa,

that is better news and i always love how "they" say its so easy to get help but when you need it they look at you like your nuts mad .
Good luck with the broom wink .
Can you PM me your address again for the rock, i think i deleted the message by mistake-imagine that Duh .
Glad to hear things are looking up wink
Penny
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 29th, 2006 at 04:50 AM
Vanessa, Hope you are getting lots done over at the house today! Thinking about you all!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 29th, 2006 at 10:52 AM
Saturday Update...

WELL, I didn't get to go to the house to start the cleaning/painting stage today. Peanut has had some yucky days and we just could not risk him being away from his "comfort" zone. So...we decided to move the "start" day to Monday...and then realized we have appts with 2 different Attornies for the disability stff on Monday... :rolleyes: GEEZ!!! So, the NEW start day will be Tuesday...while Peanut is in school. I got some things done around here and am staring to get a few things packed up and ready to go...and am trying to locate everything that I will need to get started with. This being busy, busy, busy is getting to me and really cutting in to my forum time..I will be glad when it is a done deal! I don't think the actual painting projects will take long at all with Darin & Lisa helping me...so I am not in a panic...YET...

~V~
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 29th, 2006 at 10:53 AM
We will probably stop by the house tomorrow after church and I am gonna get some inside pics for you all now that the power is on...

~V~
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 29th, 2006 at 11:21 AM
Can't wait for the pics, Vanessa. I'm so happy things are working out for you.
~Tina
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 29th, 2006 at 11:33 AM
Looking forward to the new pics Vanessa!
Posted By: Fernie Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 29th, 2006 at 11:54 AM
Oh good....and will the light be fixed by then?
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 29th, 2006 at 12:34 PM
Oh good....and will the light be fixed by then?
Well, the deal with the "magical" living room light was...the renters STOLE the new ceiling fan that the owners had just put in...and stuck an old fan in it's place...but didn't hook it up...it was just bare wires under the fan. They ALSO stole a NEW stove that had just been put in there...don't ya just LOVE renters!!! I would not have rental property for anything ....some people just do NOT care!!!!

They did check the rest of the electrical and it is fine.... thumbup

Fernie...I love your bathroom! Could you come up and spend a week with me and hang a few lights??? grinnnn I would feed you well!!!

~V~
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 29th, 2006 at 12:55 PM
Fernie - I think that picture looks ethereal!

Vanessa - we rented out our apartment to 3 different families before we sold it a few years ago. The first renter actually replaced all the carpeting with her own $ and left it - very nice stuff!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 29th, 2006 at 06:07 PM
Og Lynnie..please don't misunderstand me...I am sure there are some VERY GOOD renters out there..and I think I am one of them...but there are also some that have the attitude thatit isn't "theirs" so they can trash it and walk off. We had rental property about 9 years ago...we were out a LOT of money on repairs just because it was not taken care of. And we THOUGHT we had good renters. I just know I wouldn't want thr stress of doing that again....

~V~
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - January 30th, 2006 at 01:21 AM
no no no Vanessa dear - please don't misunderstand ME!
I didn't write that to say you were wrong in any way, shape or manner! kissies

I wrote it because it totally shocked us that someone would put their own money into it and then move on 2 years later.

Our middle renters were absolute SLOBS!!!
They had had a baby while living there, and when they moved out we had never ever seen such a BLACKENED white bathtub in our entire lives - DISGUSSSSSSSSTING!!!
How on earth did they EVER give that poor baby a bath in there?!?
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIE! shk frown eek
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 2nd, 2006 at 07:20 AM
i need an update vanessa... there are a few posts i am trying to track, and this is one of them...
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 09:28 AM
Okay...here's the only update I have right now...

PRAY TONIGHT....

I am asking you all to once again pray for a miracle...your prayers have made it happen before and Iam counting on them again tonight...it is an URGENT request. I can't go in to detail but we are at risk of the whole thing falling through ...which would devistate me right now. I will know something more definite tomorrow...but for now am left to expect the worse. Moods are grim around here right now and like I said...it will take a miracle...so I am asking for your EARNEST prayers tonight please!!!

Love & miss you all... luv

~V~
Posted By: Fernie Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 09:49 AM
YIKES!! Let us know what happens!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 09:51 AM
Vanessa I have been praying all afternoon. kissies
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 09:54 AM
Will pray for you all too Vanessa- ! Sure hope it all resolves soon.... and you are moving in !
Nana
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 10:54 AM
Been praying here too...love you bunches....I sure hope that everything turns out good....I'd be so upset for you guys if it fell through. frown
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 11:18 AM
Praying for you Vanessa. Will continue for as long as you need.
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 11:26 AM
I'll be praying for ya'll too ya'll deserve for this to work out soooo much!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 12:36 PM
Vanessa - I am sending you my strongest wishes for a miracle to happen tomorrow and that everything gets worked out in your favor! kissies

Take very good care of yourselves, and know that you are constantly in my thoughts!
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 01:05 PM
Sincere Prayers, Vanessa.
Posted By: sybil Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 01:45 PM
I'm pulling for you and your family Vanessa..

angell
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 10:33 PM
Thank you all so much..it will be later before I know anything for sure. I have fretted the whole night! I don't always understand why things happen as they do...everything WAS going so well and positive! But...I have been praying all ight..ALL NIGHT and I know that whatever is meant to be will happen...I just hope I can accept it...I will post an update as soon as I know ANYTHING. I am SO ready for all of this "suspense" to be over....these roller coaster emotions are taking a HUGE toll on me right now!
I love and appreciate all my family here so much!!!!

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 10:36 PM
[Linked Image]

Will be thinking of and praying for ya'll today kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 10:36 PM
Vanessa...I could not even sleep last night, either.
I laid there awake thinking about you and praying for you.

Cindy
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 3rd, 2006 at 11:37 PM
Still praying.
Posted By: JV Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 4th, 2006 at 12:17 AM
Vanessa praying hard for you. This needs to come out in your favor sooner then later.
Jimmy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 4th, 2006 at 01:26 AM
Vanessa, you know mine are on the way to you,
and Ruf and P~nutty right now, as we speak/type...
kissies kissies kissies kissies angell
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 4th, 2006 at 01:26 AM
Vanessa, you know mine are on the way to you,
and Ruf and P~nutty right now, as we speak/type...
kissies kissies kissies kissies angell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 4th, 2006 at 06:02 AM
i'm praying too...
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 4th, 2006 at 05:04 PM
I have to apologize for not being able to post righ tnow...my emotions, nerves and strength are completely shot...not to mention a bad hair day... :rolleyes:
Seriously, It is 3am...I should know something a little more "definate this morning when normal people wake up and start working...I will let you all know as soon as I know. I thank you for your support and for the WONDERFUL call of encouragement I recieved tonight...I would not be able to make it through this nightmare right now with Peanut having some bad nights again and WAITING on a verdict on the house thing without you all...I will be back tonormal as soon as we know something one way or another....you all mean the world to me and I say that with the utmost sincerety I have........

kissies

luv ~V~ luv
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 4th, 2006 at 05:09 PM
I am going to bed now...to toss & turn....

today is another day...(I don't think that is REALLY the way that is suppose to go...)

~V~
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 4th, 2006 at 10:32 PM
kissies

Still sending my love and strongest wishes that this all turns out in your favor! thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 4th, 2006 at 11:26 PM
Vanessa...I hope you are back soon with some good news.

Still praying here...
Posted By: BeckyB Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 12:06 AM
Vanessa, I don't know you well or know much about your situation, but I'll be praying for you. I wanted to mention about DB. I have a case pending that I filed for in 2002 (that was the most recent of the 4 times I've applied). In Maine they have a Volunteer Lawyers Project that take cases for people with low income. Do you know if you have anything like that there? Or if you have a local Community Action Program (CAP) you may be able to get legal help there for little or no charge. What about applying for TANF with the state till the DB comes through? I am a divorced mom of 2 boys (2&4) and I know how difficult it is to make ends meet when there is more month at the end of the money. Hang in there and feel free to PM me if you do want to complain and rant and rave, we all need to do that sometimes.
wink
Posted By: sybil Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 01:04 AM
Vanessa, I am so thinking of you and hoping that everything is going to be alright..
I am leaving for a few days and I hope that this is just a bad dream and you will be in Ferguson Street in no time..
flw luv
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 01:43 AM
Still praying for you, Vanessa...

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 03:54 AM
Sending positive hopes, thoughts and prayers for youuuuuuuuuuuuuu......

And remember....
"If he brought you to it, he'll bring you through it" kissies kissies kissies kissies angell angell
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 04:14 AM
It's been a long and bumpy road, but you WILL have your house! This has become my #1 priority...

Garden Gnomes never lie! frown

No more tears, no more stress... OK?

kissies
Posted By: sybil Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 04:35 AM
Wow...now ya got got the Garden Gnome on the job..

No way anything's gonna go wrong now.
GH Super Gnome is on the case...Yeah. muggs clp
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 04:56 AM
Still wishing you good things from my seat as well, Vanessa.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 05:35 AM
I'm still praying and keeping my fingers and toes crossed here. kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 05:43 AM
No way anything's gonna go wrong now.
GH Super Gnome is on the case...Yeah.
That makes me feel much better...
...and I can only imagine how it makes Vanessa feel.

kissies <-----for Vanessa!
kissies <-----for Rufus!
kissies <-----for Peanut!
kissies <-----for Willy!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 06:27 AM
Has anyone heard from her later this day???
Posted By: Bill Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 06:56 AM
Willy and I have talked to her today. I'm sure she will be here before long.
Posted By: JV Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 07:55 AM
Always praying hard for you Vanessa my little buddy. Hard prayers going up from Texas.
Jimmy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 09:46 AM
Well, again I will have to put you off till Monday for the plan....

Wet Willie (aka Wild Willie) has mastered out a plan for me and I WILL follow it. Everything will be fine....just another hiccup in the journey. I am sorry this has been so hard!

Peanut has been out of sorts again, I am not sure why. But he has required all of my attention and I have not been able to sit here much. HE is my priority and I will do what ever I have to to make sure this baby is taken care of...and yes...Willie and you all are helping me move a huge mountain (that came in the form of a SIL) laugh

kissies bck at ya guys!

~V~
Posted By: Bill Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 09:59 AM
Peanut has been out of sorts again, I am not sure why.
Probably because he knows that his Mommy and MIP (most important person) is very stressed right now...
Take a deep breath and remember that this is just another bump in the road. Everything is gonna work out! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 10:02 AM
We love you V! kissies Just take care of that little Peanut of yours, I'm sure the rest will all fall into place--especially with a plan from the one and only Wild Willy!

I'm still praying though.... angell
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 10:04 AM
Vanessa................ kissies
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 5th, 2006 at 10:13 AM
hey vanessa! I'm sure all of this will work out soon! like weezie said...He bought you to this...He can bring you through it...my preacher always says you gotta PUSH....know what that means? it means Pray Until Something Happens. don't give up hope and don't give up faith. He bought you through all of this hell and he can bring you through to the end. and at the end of the tunnel you'll see the light. and you know what that lights gonna be? it's gonna be a beautiful new home on a beautiful street called ferguson. and you're beautiful baby boy is gonna wanna play with his mommy and daddy in that gorgeous yard full of sweet smelling bright flowers. we're still praying for you vanessa and we won't give up hope!
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 6th, 2006 at 05:52 AM
Vanessa, As you know I am still preaying for you. Hope you get really good news on MOnday!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 6th, 2006 at 06:59 AM
kissies For good news tomorrow!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 6th, 2006 at 08:55 AM
still praying... just knowing it will work out some how...
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 05:00 AM
still praying... just knowing it will work out some how...
We will be CLOSING on FRIDAY...

It will be a DONE deal! And I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ready!!!!
(Iknow you all are ready to get it over with as well!!!)

All I have to say is....

Gnomes RULE!!!!! grinnnn

Thank you all for putting up with me....
this is a WONDERFUL day!

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 05:06 AM
Oh Vanessa, that is just the best news in the world! I am so happy for you! Friday is so soon, that is awesome! So I guess you will be putting in windows and painting this weekend???
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 05:22 AM
Oh Vanessa, that is just the best news in the world! I am so happy for you! Friday is so soon, that is awesome! So I guess you will be putting in windows and painting this weekend???
If I could function I would be there NOW!!!! But, this is gonna be the LAST week of R&R...gotta get past Peanut's brain scans on Wednesday and see how we are there. I hate it that it has turned off cold here again...but we have HEAT there... thumbup .

Uh...Cindy Helenia Hostess with the mostess....could I beg some Peonie & Zinnia seeds from you? I have never had peonies and I think that is about the only thing I didn't get in my bundle... grinnnn

I m starting some seeds this very minute...

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 05:24 AM
Heat is a good thing! Rest up this week and you will be all ready to go once it is YOURS! Hey that looks really good in type! YOURS!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 05:44 AM
clp awesome! clp
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 05:57 AM
[Linked Image]
(wording changes on picture wink )

Vanessa!!! I'm sooooo thrilled for you, Ruf and Peanut! kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 06:44 AM
Vanessa...I am THRILLED! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 06:45 AM
I am SO happy and relieved to know that you will be getting the house....whew... kissies
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 07:52 AM
I don't know how I missed this earlier. Vanessa, I'm so happy for you and Ruf and Peanut and Goatbaby and.....
Happy is the best word right now.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 08:09 AM
Happy is the best word right now.
YES IT IS!!! thumbup

Thank you guys..I PROMISE..no more kinks in the PLAN!!! laugh
We went by there tonight after having to make a med run...and I had mail...MY FIRST MAIL!!

a gas bill....already!!! Yep, that baby is MINE! Peanut is gonna be SO happy! This journey was ALL for him.

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 08:11 AM
a gas bill....already!!!
Well, there ya go!
Congratulations are certainly in order! grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 09:19 AM
I just got some MORE WONDERFUL news.......

My sis was wanting to help us so badly with the financial part of the house and could not...because she didn't have the cash to work with..SO...she just called after finding out that we made it and are closing this week..so this is what she told me...

She knows that it is going to be a while before we know anything on Ruf's disability...and I told her that my plans are to do some cooking for one of the retaurants here after we get in the new house. That way I can continue to stay home with Peanut. WELL...what she is doing is financing some appliances for the kitchen...a WAY killer over the top convection oven with above microwave AND a dishwasher. So all we will have to get is the fridge...can you believe that? Me either....she will make the payments on them until I can....I am JUST bawling...I have never had so much help like this before...I am goona BUST anytime now....It will be like a dream kitchen for me...and I NEVER expected that in a million years........

You guys will HAVE to come and let me cook for you now...no way you can weezil out of it...no way...everyone is invited...

OMG I am busting here...I cannot even THINK!!!!

~V~
Posted By: Wild Willy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 09:23 AM
See? I told you that your dreams would come true!
Good things come to good people!!! kissies

I am very, very happy for you all. muggs
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 09:23 AM
Vanessa, that's great!
I'm gonna have to figure out a way to come visit you.
...maybe start taking Lola on little trips into town with me sometimes to try to get her used to her travel cage again.
I just gotta go see your new house. grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 09:27 AM
thumbup OMG V, that is so amazingly fantastic......what a great thing for your sister to do.... grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 09:29 AM
I am very, very happy for you all.
I think that calls for a Hornitos!
thumbup
I NEVER EVER expected all of this...I am just overwhelmed...
Bill...I will ALWAYS take what you say as the gospel truth from now on....I don't know HOW you knew it was gonna work out like this cuz I sure didn't see how it was going to work out at ALL for a while...

Uh...you ALL are coming for dinner aren't you... laugh

I am so in shock...I feel downright goofy!

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 09:35 AM
Vanessa, That IS wonderful! What a great gift from your sister. And I cannot wait until I find a way to come and visit you!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 09:39 AM
Well, I already felt so blessed to get the house..and to know I have a lot of supplies left over from the Horatio house to work with so we wouldn't have to deal with coming up with a lot of "paint/caulk" money. I never got the bathroom finished in the other house so I have everything for the bathroom here just waiting...but the appliance deal was a totally way out shock for me. I have NEVER had so many wonderful surprises. I feel like I am on Extreme Home make~over or something...

~V~
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 09:53 AM
Still happy for you. Things are working out and that is so great. You are all going to be in a happy place soon.
Posted By: JV Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 10:56 AM
Vanessa this is fantstic Wild Willy was right again. thumbup I am so proud for you. Have to come let you cook for me when all is done you amy as well figure on me and at least some of my Critters coming to see you. I will say it couldn't happen to a better more deserving person. laugh laugh laugh Thanks Bill for the heads up.
Jimmy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 01:04 PM
Vanessa - just popping in to say this is the BEST NEWS I've heard all day, and it made my day!!! clp Can't wait to read about all your culinary delights - I'm drooling already!!! laugh
Posted By: Patty S Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 03:58 PM
Vanessa, I just love it when answers to prayers are "YES"! (They're so much easier to understand, that way!) thumbup

I have never, in my lifetime, heard anybody rejoice over getting a bill! laugh laugh (Gosh... what does a person say to that... "So happy to hear you got your gas bill in the mail" ?) nutz I think I'll be wanting to stand clear, when you get a tax return! [Linked Image]

Seriously, I'm simply THRILLED for you 3, & will be requesting special blessing for your Sister... what a big heart she has! Also, continued prayers for Taylor & that his pending Scan will answer some questions & lead to a favorable outcome.

I won't take up the space to quote what Jamie wrote on page 5, but I second everything she said with such warmth of love, hope & faith!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 7th, 2006 at 11:59 PM
kissies

and kissies to the all knowing gnome wink
Posted By: Fernie Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 02:49 AM
I am so glad to hear this has all worked out! I just know wonderful things are in store for you. Whew....now I can mail the rock!! grinnnn
Posted By: Bill Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 07:54 AM
YOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Nessa!!!!

Duh WHERE ARRRRRRRRRRRRE YOU???? Duh
Posted By: pcgrav Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 09:12 AM
She's probably trying to catch up from being sick yesterday and having the grandbaby today...
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 09:51 AM
Bill and all,

Vanessa has been very sick this week. She needed a shot just to keep from being so sick and dizzy. She is slowly recovering but does not have much energy to hang out online right now and she is very STRESSED/NERVOUS about Peanut's scans tomorrow so please pray that it goes well.
Posted By: Bill Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:04 AM
Vanessa has been very sick this week. She needed a shot just to keep from being so sick and dizzy. She is slowly recovering but does not have much energy to hang out online right now and she is very STRESSED/NERVOUS about Peanut's scans tomorrow so please pray that it goes well.
I am aware of all of that, but thank you!
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:09 AM
Prayers still for V and Peanut.
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:25 AM
Was not sure Bill. Was supposed to update earlier but I did not get to it before.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:40 AM
Wild Willy was right again.
He's ALWAYS right...and may EVEN be REAL.. grinnnn

Sorry I have been scarce guys, I was really sick, but am a bit better...and antsy about the scans tomorrow on the P~nutty.

CLOSING ON THE HOUSE FRIDAY

Did I mention that already??? grinnnn
So, the busy~ness is in progress...I just have to hold up now... cool AND I WILL!!!!!

I have to REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY thank Mr. Bill for all his help and advise...not to mention the shoulder at every turn and STEARN words of encouragement and for helping God out the way he does.

I have to REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY thank all of you for your prayers, encouragement and thoughts and really holding me up! Calling to check on me & Peanut and Triss for always being there as a go~between to keep everyone updated.

I don't know what I would do with out my family here...I know I say that alot...but it is from the very bottom of my heart...

okay...I'm overly sappy...can't help it...sniff sniff!

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:45 AM
Glad to see you Vanessa. You know we are praying that all goes well with Peanut tomorrow. Please try and get some sleep tonight cuz tomorrow is gonna be very long.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:49 AM
Yep...Triss is right...you sure need to rest after how sick you've been.

I will be praying tonight and all day tomorrow, Vanessa.

I don't know what I would do with out my family here...
I've said that so many times myself.

Don't know what we'd do without YOU, Vanessa! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:52 AM
Ditto to Triss and Cindy..... kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:54 AM
Don't know what we'd do without YOU, Vanessa!
Well...you wont EVER have to worry about that...you guys are STUCK with me!!!!(and P~Nutty)
I don't feel like I add just a whole lot around here...but I do love you all..and I guess that is what is important! There just isn't a BETTER site than this...and I aint going nowhere!

~V~
Posted By: pcgrav Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:56 AM
well-- I for one am glad you are closing your house deal on Friday-- mapquest is about to blow up with me trying to keep up with current directions to you house!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:56 AM
I don't feel like I add just a whole lot around here
Are you kidding? YOU add SO much to this forum....so much more than you think. kissies

Personally I think you're amazing. thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 10:57 AM
You have just a wee bit going on right now Vanessa. Please do not feel bad cuz you are not here day in and out!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 12:25 PM
I've been trying to post here for a few hours but my computer is being nasty!

Vanessa - you are such a HUGE part of this website!!!
It wouldn't be the same without you at all!

Wishing good news from the scans tomorrow for Peanut, and an easy time of it for you all.

Please take very good care of yourself - you're needed by all - both at your physical home, and your cyber home! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ferguson Street Part 2 - February 8th, 2006 at 12:35 PM
Closing the topic down! Someone wanna start a new one?
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]