This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#152646 January 26th, 2006 at 01:13 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
We maxed out part 1...tee hee.....

The sellers signed the papers..excepted the offer..I was suppose to find out today if the appraisal had been done but didn't get the call back. I got the insurance on the house and they are going to do the escroll (I always want to say escargo for some reason)thing so I wont have to come up with the whooping sum once a year (that is a GOOD thing). Went to the house today to put light bulbs in (they took every freaking one out when they moved )Turned the lights on and sparks came flying from the living room light fixture...at first I just thought there was something magical going on...so, I took the light bulb out and turned the swith back on..no magic really sparks...so they are sending an electrician to check it out. So..I should know in a day or so whe they will be able to move the closing up to.
I get to purchase the windows that have to be replaced in the back room from HE!!...I really had to, they were on sale and I saved $100.00 thumbup And also some of the light fixtures and the potty....my sis got me a smoker/grill for a pre~houewarming gift (I told her all she had to do was send a ROCK) because we had to leave ours behind and she knows how much ILOVE to cook outside...so I thought thay was WAY sweet! She is also going to help me with some furniture..she is such a good sis! luv Just lives too far away from me!
So...things are still flying right now and it is quite exciting..

~V~

#152647 January 26th, 2006 at 01:52 PM
I had a ceiling light that "lit" with no light bulb in it too. It was an easy fix for a friend who knew what he was doing. I'm afraid of electrical things.
Sounds like your house is moving right along, Vanessa. I wished you were closer to me or visa versa. I could help with windows and things, FREE. I got friends. But saving a hundred is a good deal. congrats.
~Tina

#152648 January 26th, 2006 at 04:04 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Vanessa glad things are moving right along for you. That fixture was it a celing fan/light? They are bad about having wires back off from the vibration. But if they are installed using wire nuts and tape not just twisting wires together and tapeing as I have seen people do. I sure need to be there to help you with things.
Jimmy

#152649 January 26th, 2006 at 09:33 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Vanessa...I'm so happy for you!

Please be careful with the wiring...maybe even turn the main breaker off when you're not there. Electricity is mean.

#152650 January 26th, 2006 at 10:47 PM
Vanessa - I'm so glad things are moving along for you at such a rapid pace now - it's about time! kissies

Please be very careful with your lighting fixture!
Years ago, we were renting out our apartment.
The previous owners had installed a ceiling fan over the dinnette table area - the guy was a lawyer and apparently had no idea what he was doing.
Well... the tenant's 22 year old son had been sitting at the table eating breakfast and got up to get something, and the ceiling fan fell on the glass table! sca Broke the table and an $100 vase that was on it!!! shk

Thanks goodness the guy had gotten up in the knick of time!!!

#152651 January 26th, 2006 at 11:42 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
We turned the braker off and the relator is having an electrician come to fix it. We also have a 6 month insurance rider on the house that anything concerning electrical, plumbing etc...that we find over the 6 month period will have to be fixed by the sellers insurance...that was a good thing!

We got some "bad" news...that Ruf's appeal for disability has been denied....again. The only option we have now is to forget it or get an attorney. We talked to 2 attorneys yesterday and they assured us that there was NO way he should have been denied. The problem is that it takes 12 to 16 months just to get a hearing set!!! So..that wasn't a good thing!
I talked to one of hub's docs and he was WAY angry at the whole deal and is going to work with the attorney free of charge to try to get this rolling although he will not be able to speed it up any. The doc told me that were are NOT patients, he considers us family and he is going tomake sure we are taken care of...I thought that was WAY sweet...(he likes cinnamon rolls a LOT grinnnn )tee hee....although hub is extremely depressed right now..I am NOT letting it get to me...I promised you all I wouldn't gripe or whine...and I WILL keep my promise. It is just part of the journey....but I just hate the time frame that it will take to get this taken care of! What are people suppose to do to survive for a year or better while we are just "waiting" on the system that doesn't work??? How are you suppose to make it and take care of your kids? I wish they could answer that for mem...

~V~

#152652 January 26th, 2006 at 11:57 PM
Hi Vanessa wavey
I just wanted to let you know that I've been following along with all your posts...keepin' track...almost feelin' nosey. I've mentioned before that my boyfriend always asks how you're doing and what the latest is. My mom even asks now. You have people thinking, caring and pulling for you all the way up here in Sarnia, Ontario!!
I'm so happy things are moving along with the house and so disappointed with the disability insurance. I've been through it all with my boyfriend, as I've mentioned before he's quadriplegic. We had to wait forever to get things moving..so many forms and Doctor's notes. At one point I was on the phone with them and just said.."Why don't you just come over?? Take a look at him!! There's your proof!" Jeesh...some people!! I had a hard time getting a parking permit, they wanted Jamie to come in and sign the papers himself!! I explained that he can't even hold a pen. I went out to my car, forged his signature lala and went back in and handed it in!!
Anyways...I'm off topic. Sure hope everything works out for you. Thinking about you and your family lots!!!

Christina

#152653 January 27th, 2006 at 01:36 AM
Vanessa,

Glad things are moving along with the house. So sorry to hear about the DB being deinied. That system is a mess, I tell you.

#152654 January 27th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
wavey Vannessa

I hope that things turn out for you and that they change their minds about hubby.

I agree that now days it is so hard to get by and make it and when you really need the help they say no, but advertise that it is sooo easy to get the help mad it makes a person so angry!!!
Keep your chin up and dont sweat the small stuff, i know its easier said then done but try.
we just went through a buy out with our ex partner and knowing what i know now about business we would have never done this, but .... happens and you just keep going.... wink
Penny

#152655 January 27th, 2006 at 11:24 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Fortunately, his Docs are WONDERFUL and are Really helping us a lot. He DOES qualify for the disability...nobody ca figure out why it didn't go through..probably because the "system" has NO money and they are trying to cut any way they can. But..it is NOT fair to people that have worked hard and paid in their entire lives and cannot get help when they need it...that is my beef with it all! But..PLEASE know...I am NOT discouraged...just frustrated that it may take 16 months to get the hearing set...what am I suppose to do for 16 months...not feed the baby & us.. Duh Guess that would take care of the problem!!!! laugh

The house thing is still going smoothely...will be out running house errands AGAIN tomorrow...this getting out in the world so much is killing me, not to mention taking away from my forum time...that part of it sucks reall big time!!!!
It will get back to ...well...what ever it was pretty soon I hope!

AND...I did pick up a broom for the Ferguson house today...I am good to go!
Work day starts SATURDAY!!!!

~V~

#152656 January 27th, 2006 at 11:38 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
He DOES qualify for the disability...nobody ca figure out why it didn't go through..
They deny everyone disability.
You only have 60 days (I think) to appeal it and can't file again for a long time after that if you don't appeal. Everyone I know of that has ever gotten disability has had to get an attorney...then the attorney gets a percentage of the payment.

#152657 January 27th, 2006 at 01:08 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Everyone I know of that has ever gotten disability has had to get an attorney...then the attorney gets a percentage of the payment.
Yeah, I know. That is why we were hoping NOT to have to go that route...but, now we have no choice. I wasn't trying to be greedy, but you shouldn't have to go through an attorney when the disability is so obvious..just like Christina's boyfriend...that was just over the edge I tell ya!!!

~V~

#152658 January 27th, 2006 at 10:36 PM
wavey Vannessa,

that is better news and i always love how "they" say its so easy to get help but when you need it they look at you like your nuts mad .
Good luck with the broom wink .
Can you PM me your address again for the rock, i think i deleted the message by mistake-imagine that Duh .
Glad to hear things are looking up wink
Penny

#152659 January 29th, 2006 at 04:50 AM
Vanessa, Hope you are getting lots done over at the house today! Thinking about you all!

#152660 January 29th, 2006 at 10:52 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Saturday Update...

WELL, I didn't get to go to the house to start the cleaning/painting stage today. Peanut has had some yucky days and we just could not risk him being away from his "comfort" zone. So...we decided to move the "start" day to Monday...and then realized we have appts with 2 different Attornies for the disability stff on Monday... :rolleyes: GEEZ!!! So, the NEW start day will be Tuesday...while Peanut is in school. I got some things done around here and am staring to get a few things packed up and ready to go...and am trying to locate everything that I will need to get started with. This being busy, busy, busy is getting to me and really cutting in to my forum time..I will be glad when it is a done deal! I don't think the actual painting projects will take long at all with Darin & Lisa helping me...so I am not in a panic...YET...

~V~

#152661 January 29th, 2006 at 10:53 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
We will probably stop by the house tomorrow after church and I am gonna get some inside pics for you all now that the power is on...

~V~

#152662 January 29th, 2006 at 11:21 AM
Can't wait for the pics, Vanessa. I'm so happy things are working out for you.
~Tina

#152663 January 29th, 2006 at 11:33 AM
Looking forward to the new pics Vanessa!

#152664 January 29th, 2006 at 11:54 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Oh good....and will the light be fixed by then?

#152665 January 29th, 2006 at 12:34 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Oh good....and will the light be fixed by then?
Well, the deal with the "magical" living room light was...the renters STOLE the new ceiling fan that the owners had just put in...and stuck an old fan in it's place...but didn't hook it up...it was just bare wires under the fan. They ALSO stole a NEW stove that had just been put in there...don't ya just LOVE renters!!! I would not have rental property for anything ....some people just do NOT care!!!!

They did check the rest of the electrical and it is fine.... thumbup

Fernie...I love your bathroom! Could you come up and spend a week with me and hang a few lights??? grinnnn I would feed you well!!!

~V~

#152666 January 29th, 2006 at 12:55 PM
Fernie - I think that picture looks ethereal!

Vanessa - we rented out our apartment to 3 different families before we sold it a few years ago. The first renter actually replaced all the carpeting with her own $ and left it - very nice stuff!

#152667 January 29th, 2006 at 06:07 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Og Lynnie..please don't misunderstand me...I am sure there are some VERY GOOD renters out there..and I think I am one of them...but there are also some that have the attitude thatit isn't "theirs" so they can trash it and walk off. We had rental property about 9 years ago...we were out a LOT of money on repairs just because it was not taken care of. And we THOUGHT we had good renters. I just know I wouldn't want thr stress of doing that again....

~V~

#152668 January 30th, 2006 at 01:21 AM
no no no Vanessa dear - please don't misunderstand ME!
I didn't write that to say you were wrong in any way, shape or manner! kissies

I wrote it because it totally shocked us that someone would put their own money into it and then move on 2 years later.

Our middle renters were absolute SLOBS!!!
They had had a baby while living there, and when they moved out we had never ever seen such a BLACKENED white bathtub in our entire lives - DISGUSSSSSSSSTING!!!
How on earth did they EVER give that poor baby a bath in there?!?
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIE! shk frown eek

#152669 February 2nd, 2006 at 07:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i need an update vanessa... there are a few posts i am trying to track, and this is one of them...

#152670 February 3rd, 2006 at 09:28 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Okay...here's the only update I have right now...

PRAY TONIGHT....

I am asking you all to once again pray for a miracle...your prayers have made it happen before and Iam counting on them again tonight...it is an URGENT request. I can't go in to detail but we are at risk of the whole thing falling through ...which would devistate me right now. I will know something more definite tomorrow...but for now am left to expect the worse. Moods are grim around here right now and like I said...it will take a miracle...so I am asking for your EARNEST prayers tonight please!!!

Love & miss you all... luv

~V~

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard