A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ChristinaC How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:37 AM
I've always wondered why or how some have chosen their name....perhaps, some are personal and that's fine. Some are pretty straight forward, ie, ChristinaC. That's my first name and the first letter of my last name. And then there's some that are so creative and I've always wondered why those have chosen that.
Anyone else care to share? flw
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:38 AM
I guess mine is one of those obvious ones!
Cause I started in the March when it was still Freezing...I wanted to be out in the garden SOOO BAD!!! I had Spring Fever hehee

I do think that is a cute picture of Lola Cindy!
I couldnt come up with anything original and mine kinda says it all anyway laugh laugh
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:42 AM
I guess mine is one of those obvious ones!
It's obvious now but when I first became I member, I didn't know. I'm sure there's many members that don't know. thumbup

Maybe they think you're part parrot. laugh
Mine was pretty straight forward and to the point, no funny and cute names here, and its easy to remember!
Posted By: chenno Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 02:34 AM
Chenno has been my screename for over 10 years,I at one time considered opening a spa and was going to call it Chenno's
An abbreavation of KarmaPa chenno a buddist term.
Posted By: Tonya Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 02:34 AM
Mine is quite simple...

Normally mine is botesbabe, but I was lazy and didn't feel like typing that day! laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 04:00 AM
Loz, I like that people don't know for sure if I'm a woman or man with that name.

But it was a family nickname since I was wee little. Dad gave us all family names....I used to be Laura the Snorer...then as my bones in my face ummm, protruded I was Loz the Schnoz. laugh

Dad gave us all funny names.

Mum the Tum, Mo the Pro, Allibags the Scallywags, and Paulrus the Walrus. They weren't meant to be mean, my dad was just silly, funny, and creative.

I think Loz must be a partly common-ish nickname in England, if you google loz england you'll see quite a few pop up.

Everyone still calls me loz, it just never went away. Mark will be yelling for me in walmart--Loz come over here...and people look at me like--wow her name is ugly. laugh Actually when Mark calls me Laura it sounds weird.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 04:18 AM
Actually when Mark calls me Laura it sounds weird.
When ANYONE calls you "Laura" it sounds weird to me! nutz
...takes me a minute to realize they are talking about you! laugh

It's obvious now but when I first became I member, I didn't know. I'm sure there's many members that don't know.

Maybe they think you're part parrot.
Lola thinks I'm a parrot!
...or maybe she thinks she's a human..... nutz

I never thought about someone not knowing what "afgreyparrot" meant...but now that you mention it, I had never even heard of an African Grey Parrot until I was researching on which kind of parrot to get. I just assumed I wanted a macaw, until I found out about African Greys.
Posted By: Fernie Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 04:34 AM
I completely got it Cindy as my sister had her African Grey....Gabby. But I used to know a woman who had 3 macaws....she would come to our house to get walnuts and we would babysit her traveling bird while she got them off the ground. He was a sweetie and loved the attention at our house. She made us a dream catcher out of some of his molted feathers.
Posted By: Fernie Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 04:38 AM
oh and by the way....Fern is my middle name. I go by that instead of my first name.....which can be a pain in the patootie for forms let me tell you!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 05:15 AM
Mine is my nickname. Everyone calls me that so I did not want to get confused.
Posted By: princessazlea Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 05:33 AM
Mine is princess is what I call Jade. Azlea is my favourite flower but I spelt it wrong.(Azalea) shocked
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 05:41 AM
a play on my initials and a cb handle i had.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 05:52 AM
Originally posted by princessazlea:
Mine is princess is what I call Jade. Azlea is my favourite flower but I spelt it wrong.(Azalea) shocked
You know the human eye must skim over things and see it right because I never realized it was missing a letter! laugh
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 06:14 AM
This is awesome!! clp

Chenno, Loz, Princess, Triss, Jiffy.....I've always wondered how you got your names. How cool! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 07:19 AM
Originally posted by loz:
You know the human eye must skim over things and see it right because I never realized it was missing a letter! laugh [/QUOTE]
i got an email where every word was intentionally misspelled but had all the right letters in each word. I found it easy to read. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

asa for screen names. The name of my store is The Wren's Nest. Every foru, site
etc i joined i was thewrensnest. In 1 forum one member started calling me Wrennie for short. Some of my customers call me wren cause they dont know my real name. So, thewrensnest just started geting too tedious to type out and I shortened it to wrennie everywhere I go.
Posted By: jonni13 Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 07:48 AM
I meant to register as Tina, my name along with my age to be, at the time. But I messed up and put my daughter's name and age at the time. But here I answer to either.
I like Tina and I am Tina everywhere. Don't care for Mrs. anything or even Aunt Tina. Just Tina suits me fine.
Posted By: sybil Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 09:46 AM
I picked Sybil because of the book with the story on multiple personalities..
Being a Gemini, it really fits at times.
(my daughter can surely attest to that) shocked laugh
Posted By: Squirrel Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 11:47 AM
My best friend's (as a child) father always called me Squirrel and I loved him like a father. My real name is Mary Susanne, but I go by Susie or Sue. When my mom was pregnant with me a friend gave her a crib and her name was Susie. My brother would always insist that the crib was Susies', so they had to get that in my name somewhere. laugh laugh Sue
Posted By: angelblossom Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 11:52 AM
My ex- husband nicknamed me Angelblossom about 4 months into dating but years later he became a thorn in my side mad But I remained an angel- angell blossom flw
Posted By: Tonya Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 12:50 PM
I have one of those thorns, Diane! And I am an angel too! laugh laugh [Linked Image]
Posted By: 'Sparagus Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:00 PM
I have asparagus in my garden, which I think is pretty unique shocked When I registered here, the name just came to me.

On a side note, I picked that avatar cause it looks JUST LIKE ME! laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:07 PM
I'm the Forum Angel! grinnnn angell laugh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Tonya:
I have one of those thorns, Diane! And I am an angel too! laugh laugh [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]n A lot of us are Tonya! thumbup
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:09 PM
Mine is accurate, descriptive, easy to remember, and amuses me...
Posted By: Amigatec Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:10 PM
I have used Amigatec for years now.

Commodore used to make computers, remember the C-64? (I still have mine and about 15 other old Commodores in the Garage.)

Commodore also made the Amiga computer, it was more like a Macintosh, instead of a DOS/Windows PC.

I was somewhat of a Commodore freak at that time, and I REALLY liked my Amiga 4000/040. The Amiga was the computer that brought you the California Raisins, the 'Liquid Metal Man' in Terminator II, the Underwater scenes from Seaquest, and many many more great animations.

But Commodore went Bankrupt in 1995.

I even used to run a small Amiga BBS.

So I started calling myself Amigatec.
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:20 PM
Hi,
Well when I joined I had 11 grandkids- I now have 14, but can't change it here- when I first got on line I only had 8 and I used that on the women.com board where I first met Merme-- that was in 98 or 99- 2 computers ago....
Real name is Sherri -
Nana
Posted By: Karrie Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 01:23 PM
My log in name is Daisey_Diesel, I guess it doesn't show up here though. It shows as Karrie, I have been daisey_diesel online for 10 years now. Its my yahoo name and it was also the name the truck drivers used to call me when I worked in a grain elevator. This is an interesting thread! Great idea!
Posted By: Thornius Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 02:14 PM
My real name is Nat. I came up with the name Thornius after learning that I had severe gout. When I told my 25 year old son that I had gout he died laughing and said, "My Dad's turned into a Charles Dickens' character" I LOVE Dickens, so I made up a weird name that would be typical of a Dickens' character. I thought up the name, "Thornius Weatherpink". The full name is a bit long, so I just go by Thornius. I LOVE my real name Nathaniel, or Nat for short, but I also LOVE to take on different personnas and to role-play, so on the computer I am Thornius Weatherpink, Esq. My wife is my housekeeper. "Mrs. Marblepenny". I can just see Thornius upstairs in the room above Mrs. Marblepenny's, sitting on a wing-backed chair, swollen foot propped on an ottoman in front of a small fire, banging the butt of his walking stick on the floor, loudly calling, "Mrs. Marblepenny ! My Brandy, Please!" mad
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 02:20 PM
Thorny..u are too much!!! laugh

What a great name!!!! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 02:24 PM
Yep, that's a neat way to pick a name.... thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 02:30 PM
but does the mrs. object to being mrs. marblepenny? laugh laugh
Posted By: Tonya Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 02:31 PM
Too cute! And a great name to boot! thumbup
Posted By: jayhawk Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 02:33 PM
I'm from Kansas originally so I'm a Jayhawk. That's where my name came from.
On some things I use aKYjayhawk 'cause now this Jayhawk lives in Kentucky.

Now go back a page and read what angelblossom wrote. I can testify to the fact that there are times when the "angel" is entirely fictitious kissies
Posted By: Thornius Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 02:48 PM
My wife LOVES Mrs. Marblepenny. She LOVES to read like I do and we BOTH LOVE Charles Dickens.
I bet mine is easy to figure out... not too much creativity there!
Posted By: woodchuck Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 03:43 PM
According to my wife, I talk about 3 things when driving around, trucks, firewood piles, and trees. Since we heat with wood, which requires chainsaws, and other related equipment and I'm a fledgling woodworker, when autumn comes my beard grows out a nice auburn/dkbrown so it seemed a good fit.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 18th, 2006 at 06:34 PM
Mine is from Poppy Montgomery (the actress on "Without a Trace") I saw a show where she said her full name is Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Deveraux Donahue

I liked the Poppy Petal part and thought it would be a cool nickname here...finally months later I registered
Posted By: charoopy Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:00 AM
My favorite cat was named Charmin (had to keep telling my little neices "don't squeeze the kitty"). My dog's name is Snoopy. That"s how I came up with Charoopy.
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:08 AM
Now there's one I've always wondered! I think I may have even googled it at one time. nutz

These are so interesting! I love reading them all!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 19th, 2006 at 08:30 AM
I am an angel from Dixie... grinnnn

Actually, I used part of my little Jack Russell's name, "Lil' Lady DixieAngel", for my forum name. Couldn't use the whole thing because I was afraid she would sue for identity theft... laugh

Dianna
Posted By: Stuspot Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 19th, 2006 at 09:44 AM
My board name is after my dogs: Stu and Spot. I also like that when I use this name (and I do use it at several boards I frequent) no one knows for sure that I am a woman. I am. I live with the love of my life and I refer to him as Mr. Stuspot (or Mr. Stu, once people get to know us a bit). grinnnn

ps. You can see pics of how cute they are in the critter forum. luv
Posted By: ButtonsMom Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 19th, 2006 at 12:02 PM
wavey Thirteen years ago, I got a tiny pomeranian puppy. First time I saw him I said he was "cute as a button" and it stuck. So his name is Button, and I'm his mom.
Posted By: Amigatec Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 19th, 2006 at 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ChristinaC:
Now there's one I've always wondered! I think I may have even googled it at one time. nutz

These are so interesting! I love reading them all!
You have to just a bit nerdy nutz to understand. laugh

NOTE: That's Amiga like in Spanish for 'Girl Friend'. The Amiga computer had internal components named after the Wife's and Girl friends of the guys that created it. The chips had names like Agnus (and Fat Agnus) , Lisa, Paula, Gayle, Alice, and Denise, there was even a chip named Gary.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 19th, 2006 at 12:33 PM
Oh, these are great! thumbup

I always wondered about some, mine is just some letters from my first and last name as is Mel a nickname for my given name.

I've always thought that Melcon6 sounds like a planet or space station in another galaxy.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:14 PM
I have 3 sisters.
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 19th, 2006 at 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Bestofour:
I have 3 sisters.
That's a riot - do they agree?
Posted By: Rosepetal Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 21st, 2006 at 02:30 PM
When it comes to flowers roses are my dream. So my name comes from that love.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 22nd, 2006 at 01:37 PM
Originally posted by mrsmessy:
Originally posted by Bestofour:
[b] I have 3 sisters.
That's a riot - do they agree? [/b]
nope smile
Posted By: mater sandwich Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 22nd, 2006 at 04:36 PM
A friend and co-worker gave me a large pink tomato that his father grew. His father has grown this type for years and thought it was called a German Pink. I cut a big slice out of it and made the best mater sandwich.

Since that darn sandwich was so good, I started sliding down the steep slope of gathering information about open pollinated and heirloom tomatoes. Sometime along the way Google lead me here. Google is such a nice guy, and smart to!!!

So, I ended up as Mator Sandwich, since I wasn't paying much attention and spelled Mater wrong......

Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!!!!

Oh....one last thing.....I have even made a Mator Suit to keep in character while here on the forum......

[Linked Image]

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Tonya Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 22nd, 2006 at 11:37 PM
Love the suit!! laugh laugh laugh wink
Posted By: pcgrav Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 23rd, 2006 at 02:01 PM
Mine is kind of an anagram...
P atricia/ C hip/ Grav lee
hence:
pcgrav
also--
p ersonal/ c omputer
:rolleyes: okay... so its not the most imaginative name but my hubby came up with it when we first got out pc and it is part of my email address so I just figured it would be easy to remember-- had I known at the time I would be spending so much time here I would have come up with something a little more snazzy!!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Nako Re: How did you come up with your Garden Forum name? - July 24th, 2006 at 02:55 AM
I like cats? Duh

Well CatLover was here, and I was gonna have KittyKat, and i thought it would be weird if there was a CatLover and a KittyKat so i went all Japanese on the cat name yo *does the W hand thing that a lotta highschool students around here do*

So ya. Nako = cat

and Phoebe is my name due to a book which i forget the name of, but i'm sure everyone else remembers it. It involved a character by the name "Holden Cullfield." Probably something like "The Catcher in the" something lol. But ya, my parents named me after Holden's kid sister, because she was apparently inquisitive and very grown up for her age.

I do ask a lotta questions, but i donno about the grown up part grinnnn I'm 21 going on 18!

~Phoebe
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]