This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I've always wondered why or how some have chosen their name....perhaps, some are personal and that's fine. Some are pretty straight forward, ie, ChristinaC. That's my first name and the first letter of my last name. And then there's some that are so creative and I've always wondered why those have chosen that.
Anyone else care to share? flw

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I guess mine is one of those obvious ones!

Cause I started in the March when it was still Freezing...I wanted to be out in the garden SOOO BAD!!! I had spring Fever hehee

I do think that is a cute picture of Lola Cindy!

I couldnt come up with anything original and mine kinda says it all anyway laugh laugh

OP Offline
I guess mine is one of those obvious ones!
It's obvious now but when I first became I member, I didn't know. I'm sure there's many members that don't know. thumbup

Maybe they think you're part parrot. laugh

Mine was pretty straight forward and to the point, no funny and cute names here, and its easy to remember!

Chenno has been my screename for over 10 years,I at one time considered opening a spa and was going to call it Chenno's
An abbreavation of KarmaPa chenno a buddist term.

Mine is quite simple...

Normally mine is botesbabe, but I was lazy and didn't feel like typing that day! laugh laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loz, I like that people don't know for sure if I'm a woman or man with that name.

But it was a family nickname since I was wee little. Dad gave us all family names....I used to be Laura the Snorer...then as my bones in my face ummm, protruded I was Loz the Schnoz. laugh

Dad gave us all funny names.

Mum the Tum, Mo the Pro, Allibags the Scallywags, and Paulrus the Walrus. They weren't meant to be mean, my dad was just silly, funny, and creative.

I think Loz must be a partly common-ish nickname in England, if you google loz england you'll see quite a few pop up.

Everyone still calls me loz, it just never went away. Mark will be yelling for me in walmart--Loz come over here...and people look at me like--wow her name is ugly. laugh Actually when Mark calls me Laura it sounds weird.

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Actually when Mark calls me Laura it sounds weird.
When ANYONE calls you "Laura" it sounds weird to me! nutz
...takes me a minute to realize they are talking about you! laugh

It's obvious now but when I first became I member, I didn't know. I'm sure there's many members that don't know.

Maybe they think you're part parrot.
Lola thinks I'm a parrot!
...or maybe she thinks she's a human..... nutz

I never thought about someone not knowing what "afgreyparrot" meant...but now that you mention it, I had never even heard of an African Grey Parrot until I was researching on which kind of parrot to get. I just assumed I wanted a macaw, until I found out about African Greys.

Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
I completely got it Cindy as my sister had her African Grey....Gabby. But I used to know a woman who had 3 macaws....she would come to our house to get walnuts and we would babysit her traveling bird while she got them off the ground. He was a sweetie and loved the attention at our house. She made us a dream catcher out of some of his molted feathers.

Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
oh and by the way....Fern is my middle name. I go by that instead of my first name.....which can be a pain in the patootie for forms let me tell you!!!

Mine is my nickname. Everyone calls me that so I did not want to get confused.

Mine is princess is what I call Jade. Azlea is my favourite flower but I spelt it wrong.(Azalea) shocked

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a play on my initials and a cb handle i had.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by princessazlea:
Mine is princess is what I call Jade. Azlea is my favourite flower but I spelt it wrong.(Azalea) shocked
You know the human eye must skim over things and see it right because I never realized it was missing a letter! laugh

OP Offline
This is awesome!! clp

Chenno, Loz, Princess, Triss, Jiffy.....I've always wondered how you got your names. How cool! Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by loz:
You know the human eye must skim over things and see it right because I never realized it was missing a letter! laugh [/QUOTE]
i got an email where every word was intentionally misspelled but had all the right letters in each word. I found it easy to read. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

asa for screen names. The name of my store is The Wren's Nest. Every foru, site
etc i joined i was thewrensnest. In 1 forum one member started calling me Wrennie for short. Some of my customers call me wren cause they dont know my real name. So, thewrensnest just started geting too tedious to type out and I shortened it to wrennie everywhere I go.

I meant to register as Tina, my name along with my age to be, at the time. But I messed up and put my daughter's name and age at the time. But here I answer to either.
I like Tina and I am Tina everywhere. Don't care for Mrs. anything or even Aunt Tina. Just Tina suits me fine.

I picked Sybil because of the book with the story on multiple personalities..
Being a Gemini, it really fits at times.
(my daughter can surely attest to that) shocked laugh

My best friend's (as a child) father always called me Squirrel and I loved him like a father. My real name is Mary Susanne, but I go by Susie or Sue. When my mom was pregnant with me a friend gave her a crib and her name was Susie. My brother would always insist that the crib was Susies', so they had to get that in my name somewhere. laugh laugh Sue

My ex- husband nicknamed me Angelblossom about 4 months into dating but years later he became a thorn in my side mad But I remained an angel- angell blossom flw

I have one of those thorns, Diane! And I am an angel too! laugh laugh [Linked Image]

I have asparagus in my garden, which I think is pretty unique shocked When I registered here, the name just came to me.

On a side note, I picked that avatar cause it looks JUST LIKE ME! laugh laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm the Forum Angel! grinnnn angell laugh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard