A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: 4Ruddy The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 8th, 2006 at 12:47 PM
the Ferguson thread! Keep it going! (Seems to be the only way to communicate with you these days, anyway!)
Tee hee...

This has been about the only way I have been able to keep up these days...I am SO lost when I get to the CH...

it wil get better...

or maybe worse first...

then better..
grinnnn

I am having a hard time laying down tonight... :rolleyes:
~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 8th, 2006 at 12:57 PM
kissies and thumbup Positive thinking ya know? smile
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 8th, 2006 at 12:59 PM
Everything is just going to keep getting better
Yes it is Loz~ie~lu........yes it is! kissies

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 8th, 2006 at 02:15 PM
Thanks for starting a new one Vanessa. We all need to know what is going on!
Posted By: JV Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 8th, 2006 at 04:01 PM
Vanessa sweatheart all my love and prayers for Peanut,you and Rufus today. kissies
Jimmy
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 8th, 2006 at 11:49 PM
keep the posts coming, i like reading about how you are making out....
good luck Vanessa flw

Penny
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 10th, 2006 at 11:23 AM
have fun at your closing tomorrow
I'll be there at 9:30 sharp with bells on! I am excited, anxious and pooped all at the same time.
Went to do the final walk through this afternoon...met the neighbors across the street..they seem really nice. They have a ton of pecan trees...so I wont have to worry about having pecabs for baking... thumbup The next door neighbors are very friendly as well...the man comes out and greets Ruf everytime we are there...they told us they were keeping an eye on the place till we get there..
There are some rowdy neighbors in the back that have mean kids...one was jumping the 4~sale sign in our yard and then went and tried to kick the airconditioning unit over...the neighbor saw him and called our relator and she called the police and then had an electrician come and make sure it was not damaged.Looks like I may get in trouble for some child abuse if they keep trying to damage our little house. mad
The little guy that is going to do the roof work met us over there. We wont get to have him do as much as we had thought...but he will get the roof fixed and the windows in and some electrical work done.
SO...I have to take the van in for some work at 8:30 (it is blitzing out on me bad) and then be at the relator's office at 9am and off to the closing at 9:30...then ...PARTY time... laugh

~V~
Posted By: MissJamie Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 10th, 2006 at 11:49 AM
hi there vanessa! I'm sooooo excited for you!! so when will ya'll be moving in? good luck!!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 10th, 2006 at 12:08 PM
ooooooh - Party Friday night!!!

Vanessa's closing, and Cindy's hostess induction!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 10th, 2006 at 12:11 PM
...and tomorrow's Friday! thumbup grinnnn

Vanessa...I'm so glad you have good neighbors on a few sides of you. That makes such a big difference.

I'm excited for you! grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 10th, 2006 at 12:17 PM
When's moving day?
Posted By: barleychown Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 10th, 2006 at 01:02 PM
Hey, it's Friday on the east coast! grinnnn

Congrats Vanessa! flw flw flw
Posted By: tamara Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 10th, 2006 at 08:31 PM
Congrat's Vanessa. Party time, Party time. Wish we were there to help.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 10th, 2006 at 09:50 PM
WooHoo,Nessa! Todays the day!

I'll be crossing everything I can that the closing goes smoothly thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 10th, 2006 at 11:05 PM
praying for you vanessa, you should be at the realtor's right now! grinnnn
Posted By: JV Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 01:40 AM
Praying hard for you Vanessa. Check my GH family again when you get time Vanessa.
Jimmy
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 01:58 AM
wavey Hi Vanessa....

thats great news wink
i hope the other neighbors wont be a problem but its nice to know that there are some good ones looking out for you, great neighbors are everything.
keep the posts coming and CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN....
muggs Penny
Posted By: jonni13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
I'm waiting for the "WHOOPIE!". I figure I won't even need to read it here. I'll hear it all the way from Arkansas.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 04:38 AM
Well V......how did it go???? grinnnn clp

Hope those kids at the back of your house settle down...we have some like that right across the stree..... :p
Posted By: JV Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 04:43 AM
Don't know for sure but do think I just heard a great big YIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEE from somewhere east of here. Like I said maybe I am hearing too much
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 04:47 AM
WHOOP~IE~ELLA~OLLIE~OHHHHHH!!!!!!

It's DONE...It's DONE...It's DONE!!!!!!

We had to go to Cabot for the closing...got there and EVERYTHING went smoothe as could be. So we were about homeand got a call on the cell...they FORGOT one paper and we had to go ALL the way back.... laugh AND...it's SNOWING...it rarely ever snows here, but the guy was planning on starting on the roof today...so go figure!
AND THEN...as we were leaving the relator's office...she said .."oh wait Vanessa, you have been so excited about this house that I got you a LITTLE house warming gift." She pulled out this HUGE bag...and I mean HUGE!!! It is the most beautiful planter (perfectly me) with silk orchid looking flowers...but it is really big. I was SHOCKED....and I mean it isn't your basic Dollar Store arrangement, she spent some money on that baby..I LOVE IT!!!!

So, we finally got home and the school let out early due to the snow so Peanut is home. I may have to get out one more time to go get the van...it was whacking out on me and I HAD to get it fixed so it has been at the van hospital all day...hope it wasn't major....I will know in a bit...

I HAVE A HOME.............. luv

~V~
Posted By: JV Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 04:53 AM
Now you have a place to hang your hat permanently happy for your Vanessa. Heard and saw what I was waiting for. Logging off for now.
Jimmy
Posted By: MissJamie Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 04:58 AM
WOW CONGRATS NESSA!!! man I'm soooo happy for ya'll! so when are ya'll moving in?! I bet peanut's happy too laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 05:06 AM
CONGRATULATIONS VANESSA, RUF AND P~NUTTIE!!!!
That's the BESTEST NEWS I've heard all day!!!! thumbup grinnnn flw
Posted By: jonni13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 05:10 AM
It's coming together. I'm so happy for you and your family.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 05:15 AM
so when are ya'll moving in?!
That will be a 2 week process.
We are going to have to paint the entire inside first and want to do it before we actually "move" anything in...that will start tomorrow. Then as we gat a room done...we will haul stuff in. I have to wait until the windows are in before we can lock the house up good...so it will be a bit before we start lugging stuff over there. My rent is paid up here till the end of the month so I have a couple of weeks to work with...I just want it CLEAN before I move anything so I don't have to work around it. BUT...we still wont have furniture (except mattresses YEAH) for a while because I just found out the van is gonna cost me an arm & a leg and part of the farm to get it out of the van hospital...but that's okay...I'm not discouraged...everything will be FINE & DANDY in no time at all!!!!!
My sis aske me when I was planning on a house warming...I cracked up...and told her that when ever my forum friends had their bars stocked up..that is when it would be. She forgot that I don't know anyone here!!!! laugh

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 05:24 AM
Vanessa, I am so thrilled that you got to close on the hosue today and that all went well. Hopefully the snow will stop for you soon so you can get that roof and those windows fixed! Grinning ear to ear over the great news!
Posted By: princessazlea Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 06:17 AM
Great News Vanessa!! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 07:13 AM
Saying that I'm happy for you isn't enough...I'm so over the moon for you guys V...you deserve it! kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 07:16 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
<strong> I HAVE A HOME.............. kissies
Posted By: Bestofour Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 08:19 AM
[Linked Image]

I'm not trying to get into your business but I know in our County children in Peanuts situation (meaning they are not living with their biological parents) are on Medicaid. And these children are seen at the Health Department for doctors visits. Sometimes people need furniture and we will somehow find it for them or their case worker does.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 08:34 AM
Sheri, you are fine...you aren't getting in to my "business" at all. I have applied for EVERYTHING there is to apply for...the problem here is that they take forever to process anything. They have been working on Peanut's stuff since we got here and when I check on it they just tell me it is "pending"...well, I got a letter today stating they need more information to process it...you know what they need? They want to know what his dailey activities are...yep that's it...what his daily activities are. He's 2y/o for Pete's sake...not to mention that they HAVE all the reports from his Doc's AND the school...so they know he is in therapy all day! Like I am gonna send it back saying that he has been out mowing lawns or something. mad It is ridiculous...totally ridiculous. I am making some calls Monday!!!!

~V~
Posted By: Bestofour Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 08:45 AM
You should contact some politicians. The House Representative from your District. Whoever that is can expedite things. DSS is a lot of paperwork and sometimes it takes persuasion to push things through.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 09:55 AM
I decided the other day that it was going to take just that to get anything done. We had to hire an attorney for hubs disability...they were SHOOCKED (as were his Docs) that it had been denied!!!! I think the system is just in such bad shape right now...they don't want to approve anybody for anything. But he has worked and paid in to it all his life and now when he needs it, can't get it...it is REALLY sad!

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 10:16 AM
It is really sad Vanessa. And just NOT right either!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 10:18 AM
Yeah...but we will be fine...I stocked the freezer up good... thumbup

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 10:19 AM
Good deal! I know you will be ok, it is just wrong still.
Posted By: Bill Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 10:42 AM
If you EVER need a helping hand, you know who to call! kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 10:50 AM
I am so BLESSED to know who to call!!! I CANNOT even tell you how blessed... kissies

~V~
Posted By: pcgrav Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 11:12 AM
Sooooo Nessa,
Can I send a box to your NEW address???
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 11:58 AM
Yep...been gettin mail there for 2 days now!!! I got my checks with the new address on them yesterday..the gas bill the day before... thumbup So..it's a done deal for sure...
thumbup
~V~
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 08:54 PM
Vanessa, keep meaning to get back here to this,
What kind of appliances have you looked at yet????
Any commercial types yet.....???
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 09:55 PM
Any commercial types yet.....???
My sis has taken care of that...I am getting a 5 burner gas convection oven WOO~HOO~IEEEE...I cannat wait to get that bad boy in!!!!

Well, today is the day....I am starting off taking BEFORE pics and then we will start the cleaning/taping off of rooms to paint. We will hit all the ceilings with kiltz first and then go back and start the actual painting.
I have 2 weeks to paint and clean and have a little yard sale. I wouldn't mess with the yard sale because I really don't have much left to put in it...BUT...I have to sell my computer desk and try to replace it or my computer will be sitting on the floor. This is a corner desk and I don't have a corner that it will fit in over there...so it HAS to go. I also wont need my little microwave so I can put it in there and Peanut's baby bed, he is a BIGGER boy now and needs a real bed...and then just piddley stuff.

So...starting NOW...I will be scarce having to be over there...I will mainly get to check in at night or when we pop in & out during the day....I am PRAYING Peanut will do well for me while all of this is going on...I know it will be confusing for him...and Darin & Lisa will help with him as much as they can....

Just keep praying it all goes SMOOTHE as silk...

I'm so excited !!!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 11th, 2006 at 10:10 PM
The name of it??
A Sub~Zero, Wolf, Hobart???
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 09:41 AM
I don't know Weez...I don't think it is an actual "commercial" oven...just a convection oven I think from Lowe's...but it's a DANDY!!!

Okay..we headed out early this morning and the mission was to get rid of "their" dirt first..I can't function in a dirty enviroment.
So, I got all the floors swept & mopped...got the kitchen countertops bleached and the bathroom gutted. All the vents down and nails pulled out of the walls. Got Peanut a play area set up and 1 kitchen cabinet cleaned so I can have a place to put his snack~ie things. We came back here for lunch and headed back...to finish up. Peanut did REALLY well this morning..better than I had expected so I got a lot done...but...didn't do as well this afternoon so we had to call it a day after 2 hours of screaming.
I did get all the dog poop up and that was a lovely job I must say! What is it about people that they can LIVE in a house full of animal feces...and HAVE children. I cannot imagine.
Thanks to Jimmy for telling me about the Fabuloso stuff...man that stuff cuts the odor wonderfully.
So, I felt Like I SMELLED like dog poop and had to SAOK in a tub of hot water when we got back...I fell better...but am totally exhausted from the day!
We will head back early in the morning to tape floors & windows off and get ready to spray the ceilings. That is the job I dislike the most...but once it is done, everything will move a little faster I think.
I am going to have to replace faucets...darn it...they are all rusted...and HADN'T even thought about window coverings...this moving stuff is for the BIRDS!!! So, I fretted a bit today about the things I need to work with and am sitting here trying to get a PRIORITY list made. But..it is ALL turning out to be priority...how does that happen!
Okay...back to the ol' drawing board!!!

I'm whooped!!!

~V~
Posted By: jonni13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 09:57 AM
Hey, Vanessa, You just closed YESTERDAY! Do you realize how much you have done? And a bath too? It is all going to work out. You are getting there.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 09:57 AM
I'm whooped!!!
I'm whoooped just reading your days' work...

You know like the rest have said...
Wish we were closer to help out....

But keep pluggin' along, you'll get'er all done
and be on the other side of it all, soooooon!!! kissies angell
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 10:01 AM
I'm whoooped just reading your days' work...
That is exactly what I am shoutin'! shk
Man, I wish we could help you, Vanessa.
If we all pitched in we could get 'er done in no time...
...so sorry you have to do it by yourself.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 10:12 AM
Well, I HOPE I didn't sound like I was complaining...I am really not...I am glad we are at this point. It was a joy (once I got the SMELL out) to be there today. I really didn't feel like I got as much done as I needed to..I just wennied out!
It is really cold here and that is a battle for me to function in the cold. It makes me really stiff and I can't move well..or fast. But, I think it is suppose to warm up this wekk...( I am praying) so that will be better.
I know I am going to loose part of Monday because I have a Drs appointment that morning that I need to keep...so I am TRYING to cram as much in to the week~end as I can.

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 10:13 AM
We could really get it done if we were all there.....I really wish we could be there to help out. kissies

But holy cow you got a lot done...you're moving fast!!! It's always overwhelming when you move into a new house....this last move here almost killed me because everything was in storage about 12 miles from our house.....and everything needed washed(clothes), and everything needed cleaned...

You stick with it...you'll have it done in no time... kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 10:28 AM
Well, I will be in the same kind of deal Loz~ie~lu...everything here will have to be washed as well as the stuff in storage...good thing I love to do laundry!!!! laugh But I wont worry bout that stuff till we are in the new house. I just have to get through the getting it ready part...I have 2 weeks to work with and although that sounds like a long time...it really isn't when you take in to consideration that we have to work around the P~nutty.
But Darin and Lisa will be able to pitch in starting next week. They had today booked up already so they weren't able to help...but starting next week...I am gonna work their little hineys off!!!! laugh
They are gonna start on the roof Monday and windows Monday..that will be exciting...

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 11:05 AM
You're doing it all in the right order at least...we painted AFTER we got moved in.... :rolleyes: And then we put new windows in after that.... laugh

I like to do things a little backwards for some reason. :rolleyes:

But you're doing great, and making excellent progress....I can't wait to see more pictures!!!! clp
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 11:50 AM
I almost got in a hurry and forgot to take BEFORE pics....but I remembered in the nic of time and got some. I am bad about jumping in and getting started And THEN remembering to take pics! I forgot to get any in the Horatio house when I started it and was really sorry after I got it done....the difference was amazing. I am hoping this house will be the same...AMAZING...

~V~
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 10:02 PM
Well, I am glad I have the cleaning part behind me...hoping to break open a can of paint or 2 today...then I will feel like we have made progress!!! At least the smell should be better when we get over there this morning.
Have you all ever used that fragrance that you put in paint? I used it on the Horatio house for the first time and it REALLY works. It is especially nice to use in closets...amazing the stuff they come up with...
Okie Dokie...I'm outta here. Will try to check in on the lunch break depending on how everything goes...
Keep your fingers crossed for progress today...

~V~
Posted By: pcgrav Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 11:10 PM
Good Luck with the work today!! Hope all goes well!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 12th, 2006 at 11:38 PM
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
Have you all ever used that fragrance that you put in paint? I used it on the Horatio house for the first time and it REALLY works. It is especially nice to use in closets...amazing the stuff they come up with...
~V~
I haven't heard of this???
What is it??
Something to take the "paint smell" away,
or add's a fragarance to the paint smell????

Very curious???

Hope your work goes smoothly today!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 02:00 AM
I have never heard of fragranced paint but how nice! Can you imagine just always having a smell when you open your closet. Very cool!

Hope you are having a good day at the house Vanessa.
Posted By: sybil Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 02:06 AM
I have finally caught up and cannot believe the progress you've made Vanessa..I am soo happy for you and your family . By the sounds of it, you will have your new home in shape in no time at all. (surely you will have every ache to prove it tho)
Congrats,sweetie, you certainly deserve this.. kissies clp luv
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 11:36 AM
Sybil...your sig line couldn't be more correct!!!

We didn't get home til 8pm (Peanut's bedtime) :rolleyes:
I llearned a BIG ol lesson today...we are NOT spraying any more ceilings!!! I thought it would be quicker and easier... frown Oh no...it's not...but it IS a lot messier...So..back to the ol' tried & true roller method!
So, one bedroom is completely kiltzed and ready for color...the bathroom is kiltzed but I still have some caulking and hole plugging in there and then can start with the color. It just took way longer than I had planned to get everything taped off to spray...and then the clean up was horrid...
Peanut had a better day today...only one episode and that is REALLY good for him...he loves the little play area I have set up in his room...and that helps a lot. You all haven't lived till you try to paint a house with a 2 y/o...an autistic one at that... laugh
So I guess we did accomplish SOMETHING...just not as much as I had hoped...but it will start moving faster I think....now that we learned a lesson in painting.
The thing that bothers me is that the house is really dirty..old dirt is really hard to work with...the paint will help.
AND...about 6~ish the group from the church popped in for a visit...our FIRST company in the new house! They were checking on us...didn't know we had all the painting going on. The volunteered the men of the church to come paint...but I felt really "aquward" accepting. I don't really know these people...not that it matters...but I couldn't even feed them right now...so I am going to try to get it done..but may holler at them if I get in a pickle. Wasn't that the nicest thing? They have been so kind.
The roofers will start i the morning...I think I got all the before pics done...so we can compare.
AND...got home...and guess what..I HAVE SPROUTS in my seed trays I started....now I only hope I don't get to busy and forget them...the only problem is, that some of my markers came off...I and I may not know what it what...mystery plant thread here I come....

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 11:42 AM
Vanessa. Getting stuff done with kids is a LOT harder. I am sure it will go faster once you are there when he is in school. Ok I have to ask. What the heck is klintz????

Stop being so hard on yourself hon. You are doing so much and even though it was not all done a week ago, it will all be done soon. You are working so hard!!! Now take a moment to relax and enjoy what you accomplished!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 11:51 AM
Did I say Klintz? I meant Kiltz...the sealer that you put under your paint. It seals the soils, dirt & odor in so nothing bleeds through when you put your paint on...it is also really good because some of the colors in the house are pretty wild so it will cover the color that is there and not let it bleed through. The walls stink so bad from the dirt & dog pee...I had to seal them....but I am starting to be able to tell a small difference.

~V~
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 11:54 AM
Ohhhhhhhh, I get it now..
at first I was thinking it took the paint
smells away....

But that stuff sounds good!!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 11:56 AM
So glad you asked, Triss - even if you spelled it wrong - LOL!!!
I didn't know either...

Vanessa - I've been keeping this for you for a long while now, but it needs to come out...

[Linked Image]!!!!!!!!

So nice of the church people to offer!
Even if you would prefer to do it yourselves...
Take your time - it will all get done sooner or later, but more important is taking care of yourselves!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 12:01 PM
Ohhhhhhhh, I get it now..
at first I was thinking it took the paint
smells away....
Okay...you are getting the 2 things confused....
Kiltz is the sealer...(what we did today)

The "fragrance" that I mentioned yesterday is a little packet of a liquid that you pour into your can of paint. It makes the paint smell good and lasts about 6 months in an open room...but longer in a shut up place like a closet. It just gives it a Fresh clean smell. They have about 6 different fragrances to choose from...you can get them at Wally World for a $1.50 or so...

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 12:04 PM
Take your time - it will all get done sooner or later, but more important is taking care of yourselves!
I second that emotion......... kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 12:05 PM
Even if you would prefer to do it yourselves...
It's not that I prefer to do it myself...I would MUCH rather ANYBODY else do it....I just have a hard time asking people I don't even know to come paint my house...does that make sense? we have only visited the church a couple of time...although we REALLY like it and that is where we will probably stay...

Thank you for that SWEET graphic....I would let that little birdie paint my kitchen...I am DREADING that room!!! It is GREASY!!!!!

~V~
Posted By: barleychown Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 12:09 PM
I saw the fragrence for the paint when we bought paint last...I almost used it, butthen wondered what I would do if the smell was overwhelming? Duh I didn't want to have to paint over it...

So, you used it and liked it? What one did you choose?
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 12:11 PM
Sure it makes sense, V!
I'm going to have to look for the scent thingie tomorrow in WM - is it in the paint dept?
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 12:19 PM
It really isn't overwhelming...but then I like smell good things....if it is strong at first it will fade a bunch over night...I LOVE it in my closets. I think I used the "rain" something in the blue packet...I tried another one but I really liked the blue packet...I cannot remember the name...I cannot remember MY name!!!! laugh

~V~
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 12:20 PM
Yep Lynnie...the paint dept. usually on an end cap or display thing....I would rather smell that than paint any day!

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 12:23 PM
Thanks for clarifying Vanessa. I spelled it wrong. I had no idea they made stuff like that. I am also gonna get scented paint next time I paint something.
Posted By: tamara Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 08:05 PM
Vanessa, Glad to hear everything is well under way. Here that primer is called Bullz-eye. Works like a charm but very expensive. This is the first time I've heard about the scented paint additive. I'm gonna check that out.

I have a job next month. Painting the inside of a house for a lady that I used to babysit for. I love to paint, especially when they give me 'carte blanche' to paint with whatever colours I want, which is the case here. I am her personal interior designer for a couple of weeks. Wish it was something I could do full time.

Now I'm all excited for you. There's no other feeling like having a fresh coat of paint on your walls. I'm just a clean freak, don't mind me.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 13th, 2006 at 10:51 PM
Originally posted by tamara:
I'm just a clean freak, don't mind me.
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn down Tamara!!! wavey wavey wavey thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 14th, 2006 at 12:14 AM
Heard from Vanesssa quickly this morning as they were on their way to a Dr's appointment and to get supplies. She said she would check in when she got back from all that. She and Ruf are VERY sore from all the weekend work.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 14th, 2006 at 01:39 AM
Didn't find the smell good stuff this morning, and of course NO ONE was around to ask. Didn't hang around to ask at the service desk... next time...
Posted By: Fernie Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 14th, 2006 at 02:58 AM
Triss...Kiltz is a brand of primer. Any good primer works.

However....Vanessa if the new paint you are going to use is dark (red for instance) you need to put up a tinted primer. I love my red cupboards but I have put on 4 coats of paint and still need to do a couple more coats because I used white primer. I still can see roller marks. Sorry to have to tell you that.

Oh and I think sometimes it is a good idea to say thank you and just accept offers of help. It might be a gift from God that you are turning down. If the people offered to help paint.....and you won't accept their gift of welcome....you could hurt their feelings then too. I have learned....you have to learn to receive graciously and with gratitude in order to be a real giver. But that is just me I suppose.
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 14th, 2006 at 03:01 AM
All this talk of painting makes me want to paint something. Looking forward to garage sale season so I can get a dresser or 6. I wanna paint one for each of the kiddos in a theme of some sort.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 14th, 2006 at 09:45 AM
and you won't accept their gift of welcome....you could hurt their feelings then too. I have learned....you have to learn to receive graciously and with gratitude in order to be a real giver. But that is just me I suppose.
The draw back I have with that Fernie is that there is still one church we would like to try...so if I accept the offer..I guess I would feel obligated to attaend that specific church...if that makes any sense at all. If I were going there regularly, I wouldn't have a problem at ALL accepting the help....

Didn't get to work today because of the Drs appt...but I have a roller with my name on it for tomorrow for sure...bright and EARLY. I did go by to see the beginning of the work on the add on part...it is EXCITING....I think it will all start picking up speed now and hopefully by next week I can get my appliances....

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 14th, 2006 at 10:56 AM
That is very exciting Vanessa. Looking forward to seeing the progress. We need pics!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 14th, 2006 at 09:04 PM
I haven't been able to use my digital camera so I have to get the pics developed before I can post them...but I did get before pics for comparison.

We are having Valentine Day Painting party today...

You are ALL invited!!!! luv

~V~
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 15th, 2006 at 01:40 AM
Lunch break!!! Soup & grilled cheese....

Got the splash board from around the tub tore out and finished getting ready to paint the bathroom...Hopefully, I can get the rotted wall around the tub fixed this afternoon and the paint on. Then we can put the new boarding up and I can lay the floor...moving right along....
So far Goatbaby is doing pretty good but he didn't like the gate I put on the door to keep him in the playroom...so I have had to chase him a little...
Will check in at Suppertime...hope you all are having a great V~Day!!!!

~Balentine Banessa~
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 15th, 2006 at 09:20 AM
Today was a productive day for sure...even with Goatbaby!
We got the splash board stuff ripped out from around the tub, all the caulking done and holes patched and the bathroom's first coat of paint on the walls & trim, the bathroom pantry painted also. That doesn't sound like a lot but it really was a chore. So, tomorrow, the second coat of paint and replace the splash boards then we will be rready to set the toilet and put in the fucets that have to be replaced. We wont have any babies during the day so it should be faster.
They got the backroom gutted and all 7 of the old windows out..it looks so different already.
They should start putting the new windows in tomorrow.....
I see progress!

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 15th, 2006 at 09:30 AM
That sounsd so good Vanessa. Things are really moving along at a fine pace!!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 15th, 2006 at 09:31 AM
Man, Vanessa, you guys are burnin' it up!
By the time my package gets there, you won't need what I sent you! laugh
Posted By: MissJamie Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 15th, 2006 at 09:48 AM
wow! so glad to hear that everything's going smoothly for ya'll! hope it keeps working out good for ya'll! can't wait to see the pics smile
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 15th, 2006 at 11:27 AM
Vanessa - you're going to have your whole house done before we get the kids' bathroom in working order here!!! You guys are moving like gangbusters!!!

Can't wait to see pictures!
Posted By: tamara Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 15th, 2006 at 08:28 PM
Glad to hear everything is going well. I can't wait to see your pics. Keep us posted. I love new windows, I am hoping to put in PVC windows this spring.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 15th, 2006 at 08:48 PM
Gettin ready to head out. Today will be our first day to get to work without kidlets so we ought to be able to get a bunch mor done. We probably will just work through lunch and not came in till we have to get the P~Nutyy off the bus after school. I am hoping to get the bathroom close to completed today...don't thin I can get it completely finished but make a BIG dent in it anyway. We will loose some time going to get those splash board thingies out of storage sine we will have to dig back in there to get them. We didn't plan on using them til a lot later and they are in the very back... :rolleyes:
You all have a good day...I am praying for more PROGRESS...

~V~
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 15th, 2006 at 09:07 PM
You know we are alllllllllllll there in SPIRIT Vanessa!!!
*and I can feel the relief of working with no kidlets..* I know how brutal it can be...
Sending strength and hope and positive energy your way!!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 16th, 2006 at 07:57 AM
wavey Hi Vanessa...

WOW you guys have been busy Duh
muggs Penny
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 16th, 2006 at 10:11 AM
I will have pics as soon as we start getting some rooms finished...it is already looking WAY different and smelling a ton better. I didn't even realize just how filthy it was until you walk from a clean painted room to one that hasn't been worked on.
The bathroom is a little behind schedule...ran into some plumbing problems today...but maybe we can finish up in there tomorrow. I did get the bedroom ceiling completely painted and all the painting in the bathroom is done. As soon as we get a handle on the plumbing project, I can lay the floor and get the boarding behind the tub up..
Ran into another little hiccup...the outside wafer siding was rotted and fell apart as they were doing the windows...that CERTAINLY wasn't in the budget...so I am robbing Peter to pay Paul now..I just hope Paul doesn't notice for a LONG LONG time...you never know when you get in to these older houses what you will find. that is why that have that "as is" clause in there....

Tomorrow is another day....
thumbup
~V~
Posted By: jonni13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 16th, 2006 at 10:18 AM
Vanessa, I am looking forward to the before and after pics. You sound like things are moving along for you. I still wished I lived closer. I'm really helpful.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 16th, 2006 at 12:02 PM
Tina, every since Cinday had that dream that you were mowing my lawn...I can just picture you out there. I think about that every time I look out the window...it gives me a great chuckle...so come on and MOW!!!! laugh

~V~
Posted By: jonni13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 16th, 2006 at 12:36 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 17th, 2006 at 08:28 AM
Today was a slow day on Ferguson street...STILL working on the plumbing in the bathroom and still not done!! ARGHHHHHHHH...how I would LOVE to have a plumber friend right now!!!!...I got 2 coats of paint on the bedroom and the first coat on the trim...and that's about it. Today was full of running back & forth to the hardware store for the plumbing stuff...that takes a big hunk out of the day right there...
Gonna get back after it early in the morning...pray for progress...

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 17th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Hope things move along faster tomorrow Vanessa. Has to be frustrating for you not to be able to have it move smoothly! Praying tomorrow is better.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 17th, 2006 at 08:44 AM
pray for progress...
Praying for progress.. and patients...
and people to be put in your path,
that can help!!!

Heyyyyyyyyy, did you ever get ahold of that
coach???????? Duh
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 17th, 2006 at 09:27 AM
No Weez...haven't caught up with him yet...I was going to attend a banquet that he was going to be introduced at...but Peanut got sick that night and I didn't get to go. I live a block away from the stadium ...I will see him out there pretty soon and I'm gonna run & tavkle him!!! laugh

~V~
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 17th, 2006 at 09:38 AM
Man, thought that might be a shot in the dark,
bet he's got to know some people, like a plumber or something..
Whatchya think????
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 17th, 2006 at 09:45 AM
He's only been here a couple of weeks...I probably know more people here than he does...and I don't know anybody!!!! laugh

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 17th, 2006 at 09:47 AM
...how I would LOVE to have a plumber friend right now!!!!...
grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 17th, 2006 at 09:49 AM
Do you want me to hop on a plane?
YES...YES I DO!!!!

~V~
Posted By: weezie13 Re: The Ferguson Estate #3 - February 17th, 2006 at 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
He's only been here a couple of weeks...I probably know more people here than he does...and I don't know anybody!!!! laugh

~V~
ohhh, I thought he'd been there awhile...
Shuckssssss!!!
Well, will be sayin' a bunch of prayer still... kissies angell
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]