This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#134484 February 11th, 2006 at 05:15 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
so when are ya'll moving in?!
That will be a 2 week process.
We are going to have to paint the entire inside first and want to do it before we actually "move" anything in...that will start tomorrow. Then as we gat a room done...we will haul stuff in. I have to wait until the windows are in before we can lock the house up good...so it will be a bit before we start lugging stuff over there. My rent is paid up here till the end of the month so I have a couple of weeks to work with...I just want it CLEAN before I move anything so I don't have to work around it. BUT...we still wont have furniture (except mattresses YEAH) for a while because I just found out the van is gonna cost me an arm & a leg and part of the farm to get it out of the van hospital...but that's okay...I'm not discouraged...everything will be FINE & DANDY in no time at all!!!!!
My sis aske me when I was planning on a house warming...I cracked up...and told her that when ever my forum friends had their bars stocked up..that is when it would be. She forgot that I don't know anyone here!!!! laugh

~V~

#134485 February 11th, 2006 at 05:24 AM
Vanessa, I am so thrilled that you got to close on the hosue today and that all went well. Hopefully the snow will stop for you soon so you can get that roof and those windows fixed! Grinning ear to ear over the great news!

#134486 February 11th, 2006 at 06:17 AM
Great News Vanessa!! thumbup

#134487 February 11th, 2006 at 07:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saying that I'm happy for you isn't enough...I'm so over the moon for you guys V...you deserve it! kissies

#134488 February 11th, 2006 at 07:16 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
<strong> I HAVE A HOME.............. kissies

#134489 February 11th, 2006 at 08:19 AM
[Linked Image]

I'm not trying to get into your business but I know in our County children in Peanuts situation (meaning they are not living with their biological parents) are on Medicaid. And these children are seen at the Health Department for doctors visits. Sometimes people need furniture and we will somehow find it for them or their case worker does.

#134490 February 11th, 2006 at 08:34 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Sheri, you are fine...you aren't getting in to my "business" at all. I have applied for EVERYTHING there is to apply for...the problem here is that they take forever to process anything. They have been working on Peanut's stuff since we got here and when I check on it they just tell me it is "pending"...well, I got a letter today stating they need more information to process it...you know what they need? They want to know what his dailey activities are...yep that's it...what his daily activities are. He's 2y/o for Pete's sake...not to mention that they HAVE all the reports from his Doc's AND the school...so they know he is in therapy all day! Like I am gonna send it back saying that he has been out mowing lawns or something. mad It is ridiculous...totally ridiculous. I am making some calls Monday!!!!

~V~

#134491 February 11th, 2006 at 08:45 AM
You should contact some politicians. The House Representative from your District. Whoever that is can expedite things. DSS is a lot of paperwork and sometimes it takes persuasion to push things through.

#134492 February 11th, 2006 at 09:55 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I decided the other day that it was going to take just that to get anything done. We had to hire an attorney for hubs disability...they were SHOOCKED (as were his Docs) that it had been denied!!!! I think the system is just in such bad shape right now...they don't want to approve anybody for anything. But he has worked and paid in to it all his life and now when he needs it, can't get it...it is REALLY sad!

~V~

#134493 February 11th, 2006 at 10:16 AM
It is really sad Vanessa. And just NOT right either!

#134494 February 11th, 2006 at 10:18 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Yeah...but we will be fine...I stocked the freezer up good... thumbup

~V~

#134495 February 11th, 2006 at 10:19 AM
Good deal! I know you will be ok, it is just wrong still.

#134496 February 11th, 2006 at 10:42 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
If you EVER need a helping hand, you know who to call! kissies

#134497 February 11th, 2006 at 10:50 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I am so BLESSED to know who to call!!! I CANNOT even tell you how blessed... kissies

~V~

#134498 February 11th, 2006 at 11:12 AM
Sooooo Nessa,
Can I send a box to your NEW address???

#134499 February 11th, 2006 at 11:58 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Yep...been gettin mail there for 2 days now!!! I got my checks with the new address on them yesterday..the gas bill the day before... thumbup So..it's a done deal for sure...
thumbup
~V~

#134500 February 11th, 2006 at 08:54 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Vanessa, keep meaning to get back here to this,
What kind of appliances have you looked at yet????
Any commercial types yet.....???

#134501 February 11th, 2006 at 09:55 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Any commercial types yet.....???
My sis has taken care of that...I am getting a 5 burner gas convection oven WOO~HOO~IEEEE...I cannat wait to get that bad boy in!!!!

Well, today is the day....I am starting off taking BEFORE pics and then we will start the cleaning/taping off of rooms to paint. We will hit all the ceilings with kiltz first and then go back and start the actual painting.
I have 2 weeks to paint and clean and have a little yard sale. I wouldn't mess with the yard sale because I really don't have much left to put in it...BUT...I have to sell my computer desk and try to replace it or my computer will be sitting on the floor. This is a corner desk and I don't have a corner that it will fit in over there...so it HAS to go. I also wont need my little microwave so I can put it in there and Peanut's baby bed, he is a BIGGER boy now and needs a real bed...and then just piddley stuff.

So...starting NOW...I will be scarce having to be over there...I will mainly get to check in at night or when we pop in & out during the day....I am PRAYING Peanut will do well for me while all of this is going on...I know it will be confusing for him...and Darin & Lisa will help with him as much as they can....

Just keep praying it all goes SMOOTHE as silk...

I'm so excited !!!!!

#134502 February 11th, 2006 at 10:10 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
The name of it??
A Sub~Zero, Wolf, Hobart???

#134503 February 12th, 2006 at 09:41 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I don't know Weez...I don't think it is an actual "commercial" oven...just a convection oven I think from Lowe's...but it's a DANDY!!!

Okay..we headed out early this morning and the mission was to get rid of "their" dirt first..I can't function in a dirty enviroment.
So, I got all the floors swept & mopped...got the kitchen countertops bleached and the bathroom gutted. All the vents down and nails pulled out of the walls. Got Peanut a play area set up and 1 kitchen cabinet cleaned so I can have a place to put his snack~ie things. We came back here for lunch and headed back...to finish up. Peanut did REALLY well this morning..better than I had expected so I got a lot done...but...didn't do as well this afternoon so we had to call it a day after 2 hours of screaming.
I did get all the dog poop up and that was a lovely job I must say! What is it about people that they can LIVE in a house full of animal feces...and HAVE children. I cannot imagine.
Thanks to Jimmy for telling me about the Fabuloso stuff...man that stuff cuts the odor wonderfully.
So, I felt Like I SMELLED like dog poop and had to SAOK in a tub of hot water when we got back...I fell better...but am totally exhausted from the day!
We will head back early in the morning to tape floors & windows off and get ready to spray the ceilings. That is the job I dislike the most...but once it is done, everything will move a little faster I think.
I am going to have to replace faucets...darn it...they are all rusted...and HADN'T even thought about window coverings...this moving stuff is for the BIRDS!!! So, I fretted a bit today about the things I need to work with and am sitting here trying to get a PRIORITY list made. But..it is ALL turning out to be priority...how does that happen!
Okay...back to the ol' drawing board!!!

I'm whooped!!!

~V~

#134504 February 12th, 2006 at 09:57 AM
Hey, Vanessa, You just closed YESTERDAY! Do you realize how much you have done? And a bath too? It is all going to work out. You are getting there.

#134505 February 12th, 2006 at 09:57 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I'm whooped!!!
I'm whoooped just reading your days' work...

You know like the rest have said...
Wish we were closer to help out....

But keep pluggin' along, you'll get'er all done
and be on the other side of it all, soooooon!!! kissies angell

#134506 February 12th, 2006 at 10:01 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I'm whoooped just reading your days' work...
That is exactly what I am shoutin'! shk
Man, I wish we could help you, Vanessa.
If we all pitched in we could get 'er done in no time...
...so sorry you have to do it by yourself.

#134507 February 12th, 2006 at 10:12 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well, I HOPE I didn't sound like I was complaining...I am really not...I am glad we are at this point. It was a joy (once I got the SMELL out) to be there today. I really didn't feel like I got as much done as I needed to..I just wennied out!
It is really cold here and that is a battle for me to function in the cold. It makes me really stiff and I can't move well..or fast. But, I think it is suppose to warm up this wekk...( I am praying) so that will be better.
I know I am going to loose part of Monday because I have a Drs appointment that morning that I need to keep...so I am TRYING to cram as much in to the week~end as I can.

~V~

#134508 February 12th, 2006 at 10:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We could really get it done if we were all there.....I really wish we could be there to help out. kissies

But holy cow you got a lot done...you're moving fast!!! It's always overwhelming when you move into a new house....this last move here almost killed me because everything was in storage about 12 miles from our house.....and everything needed washed(clothes), and everything needed cleaned...

You stick with it...you'll have it done in no time... kissies

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard