This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#134509 February 12th, 2006 at 10:28 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well, I will be in the same kind of deal Loz~ie~lu...everything here will have to be washed as well as the stuff in storage...good thing I love to do laundry!!!! laugh But I wont worry bout that stuff till we are in the new house. I just have to get through the getting it ready part...I have 2 weeks to work with and although that sounds like a long time...it really isn't when you take in to consideration that we have to work around the P~nutty.
But Darin and Lisa will be able to pitch in starting next week. They had today booked up already so they weren't able to help...but starting next week...I am gonna work their little hineys off!!!! laugh
They are gonna start on the roof Monday and windows Monday..that will be exciting...

~V~

#134510 February 12th, 2006 at 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're doing it all in the right order at least...we painted AFTER we got moved in.... :rolleyes: And then we put new windows in after that.... laugh

I like to do things a little backwards for some reason. :rolleyes:

But you're doing great, and making excellent progress....I can't wait to see more pictures!!!! clp

#134511 February 12th, 2006 at 11:50 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I almost got in a hurry and forgot to take BEFORE pics....but I remembered in the nic of time and got some. I am bad about jumping in and getting started And THEN remembering to take pics! I forgot to get any in the Horatio house when I started it and was really sorry after I got it done....the difference was amazing. I am hoping this house will be the same...AMAZING...

~V~

#134512 February 12th, 2006 at 10:02 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well, I am glad I have the cleaning part behind me...hoping to break open a can of paint or 2 today...then I will feel like we have made progress!!! At least the smell should be better when we get over there this morning.
Have you all ever used that fragrance that you put in paint? I used it on the Horatio house for the first time and it REALLY works. It is especially nice to use in closets...amazing the stuff they come up with...
Okie Dokie...I'm outta here. Will try to check in on the lunch break depending on how everything goes...
Keep your fingers crossed for progress today...

~V~

#134513 February 12th, 2006 at 11:10 PM
Good Luck with the work today!! Hope all goes well!

#134514 February 12th, 2006 at 11:38 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
Have you all ever used that fragrance that you put in paint? I used it on the Horatio house for the first time and it REALLY works. It is especially nice to use in closets...amazing the stuff they come up with...
~V~
I haven't heard of this???
What is it??
Something to take the "paint smell" away,
or add's a fragarance to the paint smell????

Very curious???

Hope your work goes smoothly today!!!

#134515 February 13th, 2006 at 02:00 AM
I have never heard of fragranced paint but how nice! Can you imagine just always having a smell when you open your closet. Very cool!

Hope you are having a good day at the house Vanessa.

#134516 February 13th, 2006 at 02:06 AM
I have finally caught up and cannot believe the progress you've made Vanessa..I am soo happy for you and your family . By the sounds of it, you will have your new home in shape in no time at all. (surely you will have every ache to prove it tho)
Congrats,sweetie, you certainly deserve this.. kissies clp luv

#134517 February 13th, 2006 at 11:36 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Sybil...your sig line couldn't be more correct!!!

We didn't get home til 8pm (Peanut's bedtime) :rolleyes:
I llearned a BIG ol lesson today...we are NOT spraying any more ceilings!!! I thought it would be quicker and easier... frown Oh no...it's not...but it IS a lot messier...So..back to the ol' tried & true roller method!
So, one bedroom is completely kiltzed and ready for color...the bathroom is kiltzed but I still have some caulking and hole plugging in there and then can start with the color. It just took way longer than I had planned to get everything taped off to spray...and then the clean up was horrid...
Peanut had a better day today...only one episode and that is REALLY good for him...he loves the little play area I have set up in his room...and that helps a lot. You all haven't lived till you try to paint a house with a 2 y/o...an autistic one at that... laugh
So I guess we did accomplish SOMETHING...just not as much as I had hoped...but it will start moving faster I think....now that we learned a lesson in painting.
The thing that bothers me is that the house is really dirty..old dirt is really hard to work with...the paint will help.
AND...about 6~ish the group from the church popped in for a visit...our FIRST company in the new house! They were checking on us...didn't know we had all the painting going on. The volunteered the men of the church to come paint...but I felt really "aquward" accepting. I don't really know these people...not that it matters...but I couldn't even feed them right now...so I am going to try to get it done..but may holler at them if I get in a pickle. Wasn't that the nicest thing? They have been so kind.
The roofers will start i the morning...I think I got all the before pics done...so we can compare.
AND...got home...and guess what..I HAVE SPROUTS in my seed trays I started....now I only hope I don't get to busy and forget them...the only problem is, that some of my markers came off...I and I may not know what it what...mystery plant thread here I come....

~V~

#134518 February 13th, 2006 at 11:42 AM
Vanessa. Getting stuff done with kids is a LOT harder. I am sure it will go faster once you are there when he is in school. Ok I have to ask. What the heck is klintz????

Stop being so hard on yourself hon. You are doing so much and even though it was not all done a week ago, it will all be done soon. You are working so hard!!! Now take a moment to relax and enjoy what you accomplished!

#134519 February 13th, 2006 at 11:51 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Did I say Klintz? I meant Kiltz...the sealer that you put under your paint. It seals the soils, dirt & odor in so nothing bleeds through when you put your paint on...it is also really good because some of the colors in the house are pretty wild so it will cover the color that is there and not let it bleed through. The walls stink so bad from the dirt & dog pee...I had to seal them....but I am starting to be able to tell a small difference.

~V~

#134520 February 13th, 2006 at 11:54 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ohhhhhhhh, I get it now..
at first I was thinking it took the paint
smells away....

But that stuff sounds good!!!

#134521 February 13th, 2006 at 11:56 AM
So glad you asked, Triss - even if you spelled it wrong - LOL!!!
I didn't know either...

Vanessa - I've been keeping this for you for a long while now, but it needs to come out...

[Linked Image]!!!!!!!!

So nice of the church people to offer!
Even if you would prefer to do it yourselves...
Take your time - it will all get done sooner or later, but more important is taking care of yourselves!

#134522 February 13th, 2006 at 12:01 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Ohhhhhhhh, I get it now..
at first I was thinking it took the paint
smells away....
Okay...you are getting the 2 things confused....
Kiltz is the sealer...(what we did today)

The "fragrance" that I mentioned yesterday is a little packet of a liquid that you pour into your can of paint. It makes the paint smell good and lasts about 6 months in an open room...but longer in a shut up place like a closet. It just gives it a Fresh clean smell. They have about 6 different fragrances to choose from...you can get them at Wally World for a $1.50 or so...

~V~

#134523 February 13th, 2006 at 12:04 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Take your time - it will all get done sooner or later, but more important is taking care of yourselves!
I second that emotion......... kissies

#134524 February 13th, 2006 at 12:05 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Even if you would prefer to do it yourselves...
It's not that I prefer to do it myself...I would MUCH rather ANYBODY else do it....I just have a hard time asking people I don't even know to come paint my house...does that make sense? we have only visited the church a couple of time...although we REALLY like it and that is where we will probably stay...

Thank you for that SWEET graphic....I would let that little birdie paint my kitchen...I am DREADING that room!!! It is GREASY!!!!!

~V~

#134525 February 13th, 2006 at 12:09 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
I saw the fragrence for the paint when we bought paint last...I almost used it, butthen wondered what I would do if the smell was overwhelming? Duh I didn't want to have to paint over it...

So, you used it and liked it? What one did you choose?

#134526 February 13th, 2006 at 12:11 PM
Sure it makes sense, V!
I'm going to have to look for the scent thingie tomorrow in WM - is it in the paint dept?

#134527 February 13th, 2006 at 12:19 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
It really isn't overwhelming...but then I like smell good things....if it is strong at first it will fade a bunch over night...I LOVE it in my closets. I think I used the "rain" something in the blue packet...I tried another one but I really liked the blue packet...I cannot remember the name...I cannot remember MY name!!!! laugh

~V~

#134528 February 13th, 2006 at 12:20 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Yep Lynnie...the paint dept. usually on an end cap or display thing....I would rather smell that than paint any day!

~V~

#134529 February 13th, 2006 at 12:23 PM
Thanks for clarifying Vanessa. I spelled it wrong. I had no idea they made stuff like that. I am also gonna get scented paint next time I paint something.

#134530 February 13th, 2006 at 08:05 PM
Vanessa, Glad to hear everything is well under way. Here that primer is called Bullz-eye. Works like a charm but very expensive. This is the first time I've heard about the scented paint additive. I'm gonna check that out.

I have a job next month. Painting the inside of a house for a lady that I used to babysit for. I love to paint, especially when they give me 'carte blanche' to paint with whatever colours I want, which is the case here. I am her personal interior designer for a couple of weeks. Wish it was something I could do full time.

Now I'm all excited for you. There's no other feeling like having a fresh coat of paint on your walls. I'm just a clean freak, don't mind me.

#134531 February 13th, 2006 at 10:51 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by tamara:
I'm just a clean freak, don't mind me.
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn down Tamara!!! wavey wavey wavey thumbup

#134532 February 14th, 2006 at 12:14 AM
Heard from Vanesssa quickly this morning as they were on their way to a Dr's appointment and to get supplies. She said she would check in when she got back from all that. She and Ruf are VERY sore from all the weekend work.

#134533 February 14th, 2006 at 01:39 AM
Didn't find the smell good stuff this morning, and of course NO ONE was around to ask. Didn't hang around to ask at the service desk... next time...

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard