This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B
OK you guys, whatzit???

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

smile wink smile wink smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you got me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: confused confused

I
I
i can't see it :rolleyes:

I
I
oops there it is it looks like some kind of lily

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I tell ya Carol,
It's got me stumped!!
I've been lookin' at it and lookin' at it???
It's like I should know it, I've seen it, it seems, but just can't get the brain into remembering it!!!

What kind of soil is it growing in?
It's interesting how it comes out of the stalks like that, leaves, then stalk, leaves, and then stalk, etc., then the stalk and flowers.....

I'm thinking, but I'm stumped!!

Doesn't help, does it??? frown
Weezie

Forum Hostess
Forum Hostess
Well....it is a daylily....but exactly which one, I am not sure. Would have to pull out the books (and there is a mountain of them) to search for the name. Sure is pretty though.

Thanks so much to Bill for posting the thing. He was so kind as to not tell the whole story. I actually grew these plants from seeds a few years ago and can't remember what they were! This old gardener is getting just a little senile.
Hadn't thought of it being a daylily. Makes sense since it blooms when the others do. Its in regular soil, right next to a coneflower and some heuchera. Seems to be very happy there, has bloomed for about 3 or 4 years.
Is this the reason gardeners keep journals? Think I should start?
Thanks, again, Bill. smile

A
A
What you have is called a blackberry lily or belamcanda. I planted 2 clumps a few years ago and now they've spread out quite bit. The black seeds that form after flowering resemble that of a blackberry, hence the name blackberry lily.

Thanks, Alan
You are so right about the seeds. I have some in a little plastic bag labeled with a "?". Now I can give them a name. smile Thanks a bunch. laugh

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That's it!!
I kept thinking and typing in belacampsis for some reason , and nothing came up in the google search,
I knew it started with a "B".
Thanks Alan,
I was looking!!
Weezie

D
D
A couple of weeks ago a got this vintage egg shaped terrariums as a gift. inside the box there was an instructiotion, of the garden helper, of how to biuld a terrarium. The thing is that a Keep searching for the company who has them. If any clue please reply.

Link Copied to Clipboard