A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Bill Carol's Mystery {blackberry lily~belamcanda, on server} - July 20th, 2003 at 03:40 PM
OK you guys, whatzit???

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

smile wink smile wink smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Carol's Mystery {blackberry lily~belamcanda, on server} - July 21st, 2003 at 07:30 AM
you got me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: confused confused
i can't see it :rolleyes:
oops there it is it looks like some kind of lily
I tell ya Carol,
It's got me stumped!!
I've been lookin' at it and lookin' at it???
It's like I should know it, I've seen it, it seems, but just can't get the brain into remembering it!!!

What kind of soil is it growing in?
It's interesting how it comes out of the stalks like that, leaves, then stalk, leaves, and then stalk, etc., then the stalk and flowers.....

I'm thinking, but I'm stumped!!

Doesn't help, does it??? frown
Weezie
Posted By: Flower Re: Carol's Mystery {blackberry lily~belamcanda, on server} - July 21st, 2003 at 11:06 AM
Well....it is a daylily....but exactly which one, I am not sure. Would have to pull out the books (and there is a mountain of them) to search for the name. Sure is pretty though.
Thanks so much to Bill for posting the thing. He was so kind as to not tell the whole story. I actually grew these plants from seeds a few years ago and can't remember what they were! This old gardener is getting just a little senile.
Hadn't thought of it being a daylily. Makes sense since it blooms when the others do. Its in regular soil, right next to a coneflower and some heuchera. Seems to be very happy there, has bloomed for about 3 or 4 years.
Is this the reason gardeners keep journals? Think I should start?
Thanks, again, Bill. smile
What you have is called a blackberry lily or belamcanda. I planted 2 clumps a few years ago and now they've spread out quite bit. The black seeds that form after flowering resemble that of a blackberry, hence the name blackberry lily.
Thanks, Alan
You are so right about the seeds. I have some in a little plastic bag labeled with a "?". Now I can give them a name. smile Thanks a bunch. laugh
That's it!!
I kept thinking and typing in belacampsis for some reason , and nothing came up in the google search,
I knew it started with a "B".
Thanks Alan,
I was looking!!
Weezie
Posted By: dubachi Re: Carol's Mystery {blackberry lily~belamcanda, on server} - July 22nd, 2003 at 04:17 PM
A couple of weeks ago a got this vintage egg shaped terrariums as a gift. inside the box there was an instructiotion, of the garden helper, of how to biuld a terrarium. The thing is that a Keep searching for the company who has them. If any clue please reply.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]