This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mushroom in a polkadot plant
#82521 February 5th, 2007 at 05:58 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
M
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
M
Joined: Feb 2007
Ok in my reading I saw mushrooms were a problem. I recently cut a burl off my redwood tree and think it may have brought a mushroom spore in with it. My polkadot plant growing next to the burl got a little mushroom growing in it the other day. I pulled it out and tossed it but is there more that I should be concerned about? The moisture meter reads moist which is the way i keep the polkadots they dry out very quickly in my kitchen but they've been growing so rapidly I'd rather water more often than move them somewhere else. I don't know what the air flow is in my kitchen. LMK if I should do anything more or just wait and see if more mushrooms sprout.

Re: mushroom in a polkadot plant
#82522 February 6th, 2007 at 03:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually, mushrooms aren't the problem exactly. it is just that if you have mushrooms, you probably have decaying matter in overmoist soil. so, if your polka dots are doing ok, i wouldn't worry about it because lots of brands of soil has some organic matter that isn't quite broken down which is what the mushroom was feeding off of.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4
(Release build 20200307)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.11 Page Time: 0.007s Queries: 17 (0.004s) Memory: 0.7121 MB (Peak: 0.7609 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2020-10-25 14:24:20 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS