A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: mary sue mushroom in a polkadot plant - February 5th, 2007 at 05:58 AM
Ok in my reading I saw mushrooms were a problem. I recently cut a burl off my redwood tree and think it may have brought a mushroom spore in with it. My polkadot plant growing next to the burl got a little mushroom growing in it the other day. I pulled it out and tossed it but is there more that I should be concerned about? The moisture meter reads moist which is the way i keep the polkadots they dry out very quickly in my kitchen but they've been growing so rapidly I'd rather water more often than move them somewhere else. I don't know what the air flow is in my kitchen. LMK if I should do anything more or just wait and see if more mushrooms sprout.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: mushroom in a polkadot plant - February 6th, 2007 at 03:04 AM
actually, mushrooms aren't the problem exactly. it is just that if you have mushrooms, you probably have decaying matter in overmoist soil. so, if your polka dots are doing ok, i wouldn't worry about it because lots of brands of soil has some organic matter that isn't quite broken down which is what the mushroom was feeding off of.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]