This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74610 May 5th, 2006 at 09:23 AM
OP Offline
I need a couple roses and was looking at jackson perkins. Are they reliable? Do you have any other suggestions?

I also need to plant a sloped hill, so I may need more plants than just 2 roses.

H
H
Mrs. Spud,
I having been buying from "dutchbulbs.com" for the last two years and have been very satisfied. The selecton is pretty good and more importantly there plants are garanteed. This year I had purchased ten potentilla cinquefoil plants and nothing came up. When I dug them up they were rotted! Bummer. But they are sending me replacement plants within the next week. I now realize I should have added some sand or perlite to the soil mix. Luckily, they are willing to accomodate my novice experience.
The other thing I would suggest if you go with a company that garantees the plants, definitely save your invoices!!! I bought eighty lilies of the valley and only 62 survived. Again, glad they will replace the lost ones.
The downside is it is not quite as satifying as perusing a great nursery and getting instant plants.
Good luck though

You can check on all co's on www.gardenwatchdog.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i've purchased from michigan bulb and never had a problem with anything - everything grew just fine.

they do have a money back guarantee, tho. good to know, just in case.

I have bought from Burgess... being a novice, I was surprised at the bare root shrubs sent... but once planted, OMG! Talk about gorgeous!

G
G
I've bought from Brecks and Richard Owen's Nursery and have been very satisfied.

Link Copied to Clipboard