This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
in the veggie garden. They are smaller than a pin head n just bigger than a pin point! I can't tell how many legs they have cuz I can't find my mag-glass!!! They do scurry around a lot tho AND I actually had a red/orange one on my hand n it took two hard pokes with the finger to kill it.

Any ideas as to who they may be? Friend or foe?

sca

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Terri,
Sounds a bit like maybe aphids???? Duh

Or there's those little itty~bitty spiders *at least they're here*

What plants were they on???

OP Offline
Ya know...after re-reading my post...the part that I left out was that they were in they 'hay bale' section of the veggie garden...which no longer exists Duh

OP Offline
nutz or maybe it WAS the bugs!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tiny, tiny, round, red/orange bugs that move REALLY fast?? about the size of a pin head? gotta squish pretty hard to smoosh them? and they leave a trail of blood?

have them around here too. all over, in fact - in the gardens, on the walls of the house...even found some inside the other day (which is unusual - they're not usually inside), on the sidewalks...

dunno what they are tho. they seem to be harmless.

OP Offline
grinnnn I'm glad someone else has seen them too! Thought I was gettin' a wee bit closer to the edge! Can't risk nutz for a few more years! LOL!

I have not seen them in my garden soil tho....just in those dad-burned hay bales!

Link Copied to Clipboard