A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ChillnPepper lil reddish-orange 'n' whitish-gray bugs N soil... - April 24th, 2006 at 07:47 AM
in the veggie garden. They are smaller than a pin head n just bigger than a pin point! I can't tell how many legs they have cuz I can't find my mag-glass!!! They do scurry around a lot tho AND I actually had a red/orange one on my hand n it took two hard pokes with the finger to kill it.

Any ideas as to who they may be? Friend or foe?

sca
Posted By: weezie13 Re: lil reddish-orange 'n' whitish-gray bugs N soil... - June 1st, 2006 at 01:40 AM
Terri,
Sounds a bit like maybe aphids???? Duh

Or there's those little itty~bitty spiders *at least they're here*

What plants were they on???
Ya know...after re-reading my post...the part that I left out was that they were in they 'hay bale' section of the veggie garden...which no longer exists Duh
nutz or maybe it WAS the bugs!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: lil reddish-orange 'n' whitish-gray bugs N soil... - June 2nd, 2006 at 05:46 AM
tiny, tiny, round, red/orange bugs that move REALLY fast?? about the size of a pin head? gotta squish pretty hard to smoosh them? and they leave a trail of blood?

have them around here too. all over, in fact - in the gardens, on the walls of the house...even found some inside the other day (which is unusual - they're not usually inside), on the sidewalks...

dunno what they are tho. they seem to be harmless.
grinnnn I'm glad someone else has seen them too! Thought I was gettin' a wee bit closer to the edge! Can't risk nutz for a few more years! LOL!

I have not seen them in my garden soil tho....just in those dad-burned hay bales!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]