This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21563 September 17th, 2004 at 01:49 AM
F
flamona Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Anyone else lose their plants from the hurricane Francis? Returned to home. Have House, lost most of the back yard plants. Question is, start over? or just put sod in and forget it. Duh

#21564 September 17th, 2004 at 07:06 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Flamona,
I am so sorry to hear about your plants and gardens!! thumbup And your house is okay too!!! angell

That is the most important part!

Maybe look at this as a new way to to start all new and fresh, do something different that what you had originally, and a new idea or something you wouldn't of had room for or what ever the scenaro could be???

Thank~GOD you weren't hurt, and your house is intact and go do some volunteer work for those less fortunate and help them recover...
Help where you can!!! angell

Maybe you'll get some ideas angell

Besides, I'm biased!!
I hate sod!!!! LOL! wink

#21565 September 17th, 2004 at 06:03 PM
Sorry about your plants.
I'd be gathering pieces and have a can of rooting hormone..new experience.keep your mind off that bad one you just came through.Glad your ok.

#21566 September 18th, 2004 at 12:58 AM
L
L
Sorry to hear about your plants. Hope you get a nice new start. I understand hurricanes are horrible. Last year Hurricane Isabel came and ruined all my plants in the back yard. Francis is probably much worse.

Glad you're safe wink !
angell

#21567 September 18th, 2004 at 01:54 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
SOD??? If nothing else, till it up and plant it full of zinnias! A virtual OCEAN of color!

(I can donate some seeds!) thumbup

#21568 September 18th, 2004 at 02:16 AM
Last year I was waiting until the right moment to harvest some money plant seeds and we had a wind storm. No money plant seeds.

Glad you and your house are ok. Maybe you could tiller your backyard up and plant wildflowers and a few evergreens. Let us know. I'm sure this board can supply you with seeds and plants.

#21569 September 22nd, 2004 at 04:40 AM
F
flamona Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks everyone. Guess I was just a little stressed after picking up tree limbs, roof shingles, and cleaning the mold from the florida room . Ya'll are right. thumbup I had just bought a shrimp plant and found it laying in the ditch today, and guess what? the flowers were gone and the stems were bent nearly off, but at the junctions little leaves already have started. So I just clipped off the brown part above where the leaves have started, set it back up and tomorrow will find a place to plant it. Hopefully the rest of the hurricanes out there will leave us alone, and we all can start over again. flw

#21570 September 22nd, 2004 at 04:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully the rest of the hurricanes out there will leave us alone, and we all can start over again.
I'm with you on that one thumbup

Karen grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard