A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: flamona Francis blew them away - September 17th, 2004 at 01:49 AM
Anyone else lose their plants from the hurricane Francis? Returned to home. Have House, lost most of the back yard plants. Question is, start over? or just put sod in and forget it. Duh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Francis blew them away - September 17th, 2004 at 07:06 AM
Flamona,
I am so sorry to hear about your plants and gardens!! thumbup And your house is okay too!!! angell

That is the most important part!

Maybe look at this as a new way to to start all new and fresh, do something different that what you had originally, and a new idea or something you wouldn't of had room for or what ever the scenaro could be???

Thank~GOD you weren't hurt, and your house is intact and go do some volunteer work for those less fortunate and help them recover...
Help where you can!!! angell

Maybe you'll get some ideas angell

Besides, I'm biased!!
I hate sod!!!! LOL! wink
Posted By: njoynit Re: Francis blew them away - September 17th, 2004 at 06:03 PM
Sorry about your plants.
I'd be gathering pieces and have a can of rooting hormone..new experience.keep your mind off that bad one you just came through.Glad your ok.
Posted By: Lily789 Re: Francis blew them away - September 18th, 2004 at 12:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your plants. Hope you get a nice new start. I understand hurricanes are horrible. Last year Hurricane Isabel came and ruined all my plants in the back yard. Francis is probably much worse.

Glad you're safe wink !
angell
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Francis blew them away - September 18th, 2004 at 01:54 AM
SOD??? If nothing else, till it up and plant it full of zinnias! A virtual OCEAN of color!

(I can donate some seeds!) thumbup
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Francis blew them away - September 18th, 2004 at 02:16 AM
Last year I was waiting until the right moment to harvest some money plant seeds and we had a wind storm. No money plant seeds.

Glad you and your house are ok. Maybe you could tiller your backyard up and plant wildflowers and a few evergreens. Let us know. I'm sure this board can supply you with seeds and plants.
Posted By: flamona Re: Francis blew them away - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:40 AM
Thanks everyone. Guess I was just a little stressed after picking up tree limbs, roof shingles, and cleaning the mold from the florida room . Ya'll are right. thumbup I had just bought a shrimp plant and found it laying in the ditch today, and guess what? the flowers were gone and the stems were bent nearly off, but at the junctions little leaves already have started. So I just clipped off the brown part above where the leaves have started, set it back up and tomorrow will find a place to plant it. Hopefully the rest of the hurricanes out there will leave us alone, and we all can start over again. flw
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Francis blew them away - September 22nd, 2004 at 04:51 AM
Hopefully the rest of the hurricanes out there will leave us alone, and we all can start over again.
I'm with you on that one thumbup

Karen grinnnn
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]