This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I liked the subject on the 1 garden book you'd recommend, and thought it would be neat to see what people use on a regular basis in their garden.

Me - I love my Mantis Tiller! It's not so big of a tiller that I have to wait for my husband to dig something for me, so I'm free to dig more and more garden beds without his help! thumbup

I like this topic but I had to give very serious consideration to my answer. lol! I finally decided it has to be my old Girlie Shovel. I bought it the first year I started gardening because the old one I had was "man size." Mine is designed for women so it is shorter, the handle and blade are smaller. Also, the blade is exceptionally sharp so it makes any job so much easier. wink It's my prized garden tool!

I couldn't live without my hand pruners. Or my transplant shovel. grinnnn

Oh, I couldn't live without my Honda Mini-Tiller! :rolleyes: It's awesome and I love it! luv I used to do all this work with a shovel eek so this really makes everything so much easier! wink

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I love my pruners and garden trowel. I would also like one of those cylindrical bulb planters, OH! and a chipper/shredder. I like to prune and compost.

OP Offline
I have a bulb planter - works great!

My husband gets kinda scared when he sees me heading for the Mantis tiller - I've been digging up everything and turning it into gardens all summer!

By the way - I got that software that is advertised here on this site once in a while for landscaping software - works very cool, of course it doesn't have all the plants I wish it had, but you can import pictures. Very cool software though.

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
If you like that one, ND, go to Google.com and download their new, FREE, CAD program, SketchUp. You can draw 3D models of ANY building add color textures and vegetation. It is WAY COOL!

Thanks Thorny, this sounds really interesting! Duh

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
It's amazingly quick and easy to learn.

I have a small camp shovel...That is always with me when I am doing any garden work. My second tool would be a shovel similar to the one Rosie has, mine is called a lady gardener shovel.

My plain old simple hoe:-)

Thanks, Thorny! kissies It sounds like this might be a helpful program, so I think I'll try it! wink It might be something I can fool around with when I'm bored! laugh laugh laugh

I have so many tools I use all the time , its just so hard to pick one . Hmmmm . With all the bulb planting and planting other things lately the one tool I have used the most is my little garden trowel . I do not have anything fancy , just a little dollar general bargain set . Or maybe it might be the kneeling pad , I sure seem to use that alot especially when gardening along the concrete walkways . Sure saves my knees . Then there is the hoe that I use to help clear weeds away , the spading fork and pitch fork and shovels I use to turn compost piles . I also have been using my pruners alot to trim back smaller branches and dead ones . I also use my long handled pruners to trim larger branches from the trees that just don't look like they need to be there or are growing in an odd way . I use my rakes alot to clear out and rake the yard , fluff the mulch in flowerbeds . Hmmm, see my point. I just can not choose one , so I would have to say the one tool I can't live without would be , ALL of them . LOL .

Link Copied to Clipboard