This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Yes, I just grab the first loop of the previous row to give it a different effect rather than through both loops. It gives it a bit of a raised edge and I can keep good count of my stitches on a new project like this one. It was a lot of fun doing this, out of my comfort zone for sure but good!

WOW Triss - I am sooooo impressed!
Very well done, and not something I'm going to attempt anytime soon!!! perpl

There are different ways to do it.....
Your choice.
I was just saying ,, it is probably the reason yours is so long.

Also when you come to the end of the rows your don't add a single croche to turn?

Your fast and great no matter how you do it.
Unlike me ....I printed all the photos to put them with my pattern book and will try again and see .......

I never crocheted on line before.....Thanks to good folks like you and gardenhelper and cameras and any thing i missed...ha ha

thanks Triss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.. Triss great job. I mostly followed your explanations very well. I don't want to do it!

There is an alphabet block afghan I saw that looked like very cool. primary color letters in white squares and outlined in the color. LIke the children's blocks of old. I was thinking about trying it. I think I won't.

Also, I don't have a clue how to write and draw on pictures. I have so much to learn.

Barb, I stitched in the last one in each row and then chained 2 for the first stitch of the next row.

Jane, I do not think I would do an alphabet block. I would probably go NUTS!! This was not as easy and "do without thinking" as the stuff I normally do so it took more time. My daughter loved it though so I may tweak it a bit and make her a baby doll blanket with a BIG heart in the middle. Pretty sure I have enough scraps of some colors she likes for that.

On the editing. I cropped my pics in Microsoft Photo Editor and then added the words and arrows in Microsoft Image Composer. You can do that in Paint also but for some reason that is no longer on my computer.

Here is what I have been working on this weekend, I am using the same theory to change colors in this one. It is 4 feet wide and will be a lap balnket. I am using all of my leftover bits of yarn for the colors and the tons of black I have. I am using one thread of black to go back and forth the entire length and a separate thread of black for each side, then the 4th thread for the middle color row. So I am not cutting and knotting the blacks since I leave them hanging until I get back to them. Same goes for the 2nd row of each color, I just let it sit until I come back and pick it up on the next row. So far this one is about 2 feet long.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard