This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#148867 January 26th, 2006 at 11:11 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone ~ wavey

A little after 5 PM on Friday, the 27th, my computer guy is coming over to dismantle the computer and take it to his place to do some work. I will not have internet service until the following Friday,the 3rd, so Doug is planning on bringing it back around then and getting me all hooked up again. And you know I'll be back on the forum forthwith!

I will try to post when I can in the meantime, but things are woefully chaotic around here, so I'm not sure how much I'll be on OR how much sense I'll make when I am on! Please bear with me; it will all be over soon.

Merme

#148868 January 26th, 2006 at 12:52 PM
Merme, we miss you already. Please take the move as easy on yourself as you can.
~Tina

#148869 January 26th, 2006 at 08:04 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Here is another place I need to be to help a friend get moved. At least would be someone who wouldn't cancel at last minute.
Jimmy

#148870 January 26th, 2006 at 08:10 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Jimmy, we should give you a second title after Critter Keeper. We should call you Forum Sweetheart because you are so kind.

I am hoping with all my heart that at least someone shows up today to help with the final packing things. We are so close to moving day and there is still stuff to be done. I really did not want to have so much to do this close to the end, but that's how it worked out.

I will miss being on line for that week after the move, too, though I'm sure we'll be quite busy settling in.

Merme

#148871 January 26th, 2006 at 08:17 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Merme just seems I live so far away from where people are that need help. I have moved several ladies around here that had no one else to help. Hope they show up for you and get things done. Cannot stand slackers. frown
Jimmy

#148872 January 26th, 2006 at 08:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so happy that things are really rolling along for you and Maxi! Hope that the move goes off without a hitch thumbup

I can't wait to see pics of your new home!

I just know that you and Maxi will be so very happy in your new place thumbup

#148873 January 26th, 2006 at 08:30 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
G-mom, thinking of how much better off we'll be in the new place is part of what is keeping me going through this ordeal.

It truly will be a benefit to our daily lives to simply live in a unit that will be easier for us to care for by ourselves. We won't HAVE to be quite so dependent on others there.

And, I'm really looking forward to having flooring that will enable me to walk more each day. These old, uneven, and poorly surfaced floors here make walking a terrible hazard for me. Plus the distances involved are exhausting. At the new place, the floors are in excellent shape and because the apt is laid out in a compact design, I will be able to be much more mobile.

That is, if I can ever pry myself away from the forum from time to time! laugh shocked laugh

Merme

#148874 January 26th, 2006 at 08:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being in a safer place will definately have it's advantages for you. Being able to be on your feet more will be good for your health thumbup

I don't remember...will you have a patio or something like one?

#148875 January 26th, 2006 at 08:59 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
We will have a very nice porch. It isn't deep in terms of footage from the wall of the house outward, but it is long... across the front of most of the living room and all of my bedroom. It is built like a deck, with very sturdy and attractive deck railing and there are sliders to it from the living room. Me 'n Maxi have all kinds of plans for gardening out there!

You know, I just get so physically CRANKY from spending so much time seated, that there are days the whole thing irks me. Being upright makes a person feel better all over!

AND I am really looking forward to having a stove/oven that I can actually use! It is a smaller model than what we have here, but since I can't use this one without help, it's large capacity is useless to us. The scaled down version will be terrific.

AND to have a refrigerator that DOESN'T freeze everything inside will also be a plus, saving me lots of money as things won't get ruined by being frozen.

AND the new place is bright and cheerful inside. I will no longer feel as though we are living in a cave.

All big benefits, worth much of this hassle we've been going through to get there!

Merme

#148876 January 26th, 2006 at 09:05 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh, and did I mention there is a DISHWASHER?!

I haven't had a dishwasher since 1986.

A friend told me that all the major brands now make dishwasher detergent in little packets or pillows that you just put in the space without having to measure it. That means I will be able to teach Maxi how to do it and he will be able to start 'er up without making an accidental mess! He really enjoys adding soap to the washing machine and getting it started, so I think he will like this, too.

I know I will like it!

Merme

#148877 January 26th, 2006 at 09:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The porch sounds great thumbup You'll have lots of room for fresh veggies and flowers. I just know Maxi will love growing his own veggies to eat. My kids adore picking fresh veggies off of the plant,they are already bugging me to get my veggies started :rolleyes:

Oh....you gotta get a set of rocking chairs to go on your porch! I love a rocking chair on a porch,they seem to take you back to simpler times.

#148878 January 26th, 2006 at 09:14 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Maxi has a beautiful adult size wooden rocker that I stained with red fabric dye to give it a softer, more subtle coloration.

In the winter we use it in the kitchen, because I love a rocker in the kitchen. In the summer it goes out on the porch.

I will have to get a second one...

Merme

#148879 January 26th, 2006 at 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a rocking chair in my dining room(which is open to the kitchen)and it's everybodies favorite chair thumbup

Way back when...when George was still a young man living in the boonies of Louisiana,he built hand-made rockers. He would go out and select the tree,cut it down and build the rocker. He gave everyone a 100 year warranty on it. They were each built to the specifications of the person who would be using it. He made one for his father and when his dad passed away everybody was fighting over who would get the chair :rolleyes: His Mom knew how much love and hard work went into it so she told everybody that George was the only one who had any right to the chair. We have it in our Living room and it is as beautiful as it was when he built it 30 years ago thumbup

#148880 January 26th, 2006 at 10:32 PM
Good luck with the move Merme. I am so pleased for you and Maxi. wavey

#148881 January 27th, 2006 at 12:06 AM
Merme,
So happy that this chapter of yours is coming to an end and a new one shall begin. I know you and Maxi will have many happy times in your new abode.. thumbup

#148882 January 27th, 2006 at 12:13 AM
Merme,
This is the last of the race to the new place for you- it will get done- friends will help- I am with everyone is wishing I could get there to do this last little bit for you... sure will be easier for you both when it is done and over - now if we can keep you calmed down enough to get there.... breath!
Having an oven and a dishwasher you can really use sounds wonderful,and the kind of detergent you mentioned is good stuff- Carrie uses it in her dishwasher- and they do a lot of dishes!
Have my calender marked for when you won't be on line to when you should be back so will miss you but will be nice to have a "new" computer to use..... love the rocker idea too.. I have one Joe got me when we had Carrie- it's not an outside on though- usually have it in the family room but till the babies don't need the crib there is no room in there now--- did I tell you Nicoli took a few steps this week without holding on- hasn't figured out how to do it all the time yet-- but is on his way- less than a month to him being a yr old too... time flies!
Nana

#148883 January 27th, 2006 at 01:41 AM
Merme, I know this next couple of weeks is going to be very stressful with you and the whole move. But knowing you are going to be in such a better place for both you and maxi is just the best news I can imagine. Cannot wait to have you back and looking so forward to hearing more about your new home.

#148884 January 27th, 2006 at 09:38 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Much was accomplished today, but not nearly enough!

Tonight I hope to pack all of my clothes once I decide what I will wear Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Those items I want to keep separate -- perhaps in the top of the huge box of my medical supplies -- so they don't get buried in the chaos.

Maxi's dad's girlfriend, mother of his little brother (got that? laugh ) is picking him up right after school. They are going to run to Wal-Mart and buy some things we will need at the new place, drop that stuff off here, and then take him home for the weekend. When they bring him back, they will bring him to the new apt.

Tomorrow is looking a bit harried. There is some packing yet to be done. I have to get some important paperwork delivered to Housing. I have some financial matters to attend to. I have to go to the Realtor to sign the lease, pay the money, get the keys. Just after 5 my Computer Guy will be here to take apart this computer and also to detach Maxi's accessories from the TV and get them boxed up. I have to meet up with another friend to give him money so he can go purchase Maxi's Bunky mattress on Saturday and deliver it to the new apt....

Remember to say a little prayer for us!

Merme

#148885 January 28th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
flw flw IT'S OFFICIAL! IT'S OFFICIAL! flw flw

The lease is SIGNED! The keys have been given! The electricity is in my name and turned on!

We are going over tonight to do a few preliminary things and then coming back here to pack like crazy!!

I'm so relieved, so relieved!

Thanks everyone, for all your prayers and support. I just couldn't have gotten through, otherwise!

Merme

#148886 January 28th, 2006 at 04:04 AM
Merme - this calls for the HUGE DANCING BANANA!!! [Linked Image]

That is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!
Can't wait til you're a bit settled and can tell us about how the rest of it went!

Take good care of yourself! kissies

#148887 January 28th, 2006 at 04:20 AM
Hooray Hooray Merme....
So happy for you.Must take a HUGE weight off.
Now your fun begins..
Go easy and take time for yourself..don't get yourself too stressed. If you do not get it all unpacked, you at least know it wil still be there when you are ready..( I've still got about 4 boxes unpacked from my last move 2 years ago)
Can't wait to "see" your new home
Congrats Merme.
muggs clp luv

#148888 January 28th, 2006 at 04:36 AM
Merme......
So very happy for you- see it all got done- and you did it with a little help from your friends!
sounds like a good plan for Maxi- envolved but not underfoot for the actual move-- though he may want to have a minute to say bye to the old apt- might want to ask him if he does....
Now sounds like you have it all under control - moves do feel like chaos even when you are organized --- it is just unsettleing to pick up and go to a new place to live--- love the plans of getting bedrooms- done first- kitchen and bath not far behind- it will get done...... you know it will- and you have so much less stuff now it is mostly all done - just have to empty each box in the room it needs to be in--- patience is key here---- breathing is good too!
So happy it has all come together - even if it took forever to do so---- see I told you so----
correct response is YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MOM!
LOL!
thats what my kids tell me anyway!
Nana

#148889 January 28th, 2006 at 04:49 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
HOLEY COW, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BANANA..
You know who's gonna be on that in a heart beat..

Congrats Merme...
How exciting for you and Maxi...
Can't wait for you to get in there and
be all snug and warm and cozy as can be...

Take lot's of pictures so we can see...

#148890 January 28th, 2006 at 06:26 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
OMG! shk

Lynne stole my banana and gave him STEROIDS! laugh laugh laugh

#148891 January 28th, 2006 at 06:29 AM
Not to steal this thread away from Merme...

but... I THOUGHT you'd like him, Cindy!
Was saving him for just the right occassion, and this certainly was it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard