This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#145124 January 20th, 2006 at 01:39 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I am also thinking of having everyone send me a rock (a small one) for the rock garden...so I will have a rock from everywhere representing the forum...I am really a sap when it comes to sentimental things...and I think that would be just awsome!
Vanessa...I have a nice rock picked out for you, but I am in the process of putting my name, state and date on it...and it is going pretty SLOW! If I try to do it too fast I'll chip the rock.

If anyone is sending rocks, don't forget the post office has 2 different size boxes that have flat-rate postage. No matter how much it weighs, the postage is $7.70.

#145125 January 20th, 2006 at 01:52 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Oh...I ment to mention those flat rate boxes...and I will GLADLY pay the postage...it's really an exciting project for me...
Jimmy sent me a pick of the fossil rock he is sending me...it is WAY cool!!!

~V~

#145126 January 20th, 2006 at 03:31 AM
How are you labeling your rock Cindy? I was thinking of using one of Dan's dremmels to etch something in ours.

#145127 January 20th, 2006 at 03:35 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
The dremmel tool would be the best way...
I am doing it the old-fashioned way!
...hammer and chisel!

My Dremmel is packed up..... :rolleyes:

#145128 January 20th, 2006 at 04:36 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
You guys are the best...I never thought I would say that a ROCK was the best housewarming gift you could get...but I am thinking it is!!!!I am WAY excited..finally got the utilities lined out...everything should be on by Monday...and that is REALLY exciting..

AND...They are suppose to have the SOLD sign up TODAY...WOO HOO..but I may have already mentioned that...

and did I mention that my BRAIN is bruised!!!!

~V~

#145129 January 20th, 2006 at 04:43 AM
No wonder you are being careful Cindy. I think I would break a finger or two not to mention the rock if I went that way.

A sold sign is great! Did they sign the papers yet?

#145130 January 20th, 2006 at 05:41 AM
Here ya go, Vanessa sweetie!
Your happy green house with a SOLD sign in front! [Linked Image]

#145131 January 20th, 2006 at 06:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woohoo, the sold sign going up today is great! clp

V, do you mind if I paint your rock???? I have a perfect rock in mind, and if I put a bunch of coats of sealer on it, it should be okay outside---I painted a big concrete frog that I rescued from a yard sale and he's been outside all the time and looks as good as he did the day I put him out....

#145132 January 20th, 2006 at 07:54 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Hi, I was thinking about your rock idea 'Nessa. Could you maybe take a pic of each one as it comes in and make a scrapbook of with a note for each picture saying who sent the rock, where from and whatever the story behind it? That would be a lot of work tho.

Acutally I have a rock for you!! I went to a women's retreat (the info is written in magic marker on the back of the rock) at a convent here in Idaho. The rock is some kind of different rock (basalt or something? can't remember) that they used to build the convent and the quarry on the nun's land here in Idaho and a couple different places in Africa are the only places this rock exists. I will try to find out the actual story before I send it off to you.

Hey, if you come help me paint, I will come help you!!!

#145133 January 20th, 2006 at 08:59 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
FERNIE...that is SO awsome about the rock...see how VERY neat this is turning out...I will probably BAWL as each one arrives!!!!
And I love the scrapbook idea...that wont be too much work at all...that's what I'm gonna DO!!!
Thanks FERNIE kissies see why I MISS you so much!!!

A sold sign is great! Did they sign the papers yet?
Refer to Major news thread Triss..(about the signing)

Cinja...hub is REAL worried about you...when I told him you had a hammer & chisel out he FREAKED...he asked me if I thought it was SAFE for you to actually be doing that.....

UH...NO.....

~V~

#145134 January 20th, 2006 at 09:45 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Vanessa will wait until you move and let us have the ADDRESS so we can send you our rocks.
Jimmy

#145135 January 20th, 2006 at 11:19 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well...you certainly can but I am just fine with you sending them here...(it's only a mile away. I know that I will have the tin can till the end of February....we may not have to stay here that long but I have to give a 30 day notice the first so it will be ours till then. But we will also be at the ferguson house every day...so how ever you want to do it just ticles me pink! Okay...not pink...that isn't one of my more favorite colors... laugh

~V~

#145136 January 20th, 2006 at 11:22 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
and besides...all you have to do is juggle the #'s around from the address here and change the street to Ferguson...everything else will remain the same.

~V~

#145137 January 21st, 2006 at 06:31 AM
Hey, Vanessa, what a great house, and I love the rock idea! I'm so glad for you that you found such a great place. The best thing about a house that needs some work is that you get to really make it your own.
Congratulations!

#145138 January 22nd, 2006 at 02:32 AM
Hi Vanessa wavey

I am so happy for you with the house,its sooo exciting wink
once you post your address i will send a rock to you, but i will have to wait until the snow melts. these rocks are sooo cool, they have little fossils in them, very neat thumbup

Congrats again flw
Penny

#145139 January 24th, 2006 at 09:42 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Things are boomin on Ferguson Street...gas, lights, water...what more could you ask for...)UH..paint, caulk, etc...)

So, off to Little Rock bright & early in the morning to get what supplies we can...starting with another new broom! I wish my mother would have NEVER shared that deal with me...have you all ever heard that you are to never move a broom from your old house to the new one? You have to leave your broom at the old house and start with a new one at the new house...trust me...she would forever haunt me if I didn't follow the rules!!!!
Leon met me at the house and checked the insulation in the roof...he is anxious to get started...I am anxious for him to get started!!!

Was on the phone this afternoon with the insurance company and got that ball rollin...

All is well on Ferguson Street... luv

~V~

#145140 January 24th, 2006 at 09:46 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
...have you all ever heard that you are to never move a broom from your old house to the new one? You have to leave your broom at the old house and start with a new one at the new house...
Why??? sca
I never heard this...and I always take my broom! shk
Is that what's wrong with me??? nutz

#145141 January 24th, 2006 at 09:52 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Depends, Cindy. laugh laugh

I ride mine to my new house...what am I suppose to do? Walk? Duh

#145142 January 24th, 2006 at 10:12 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
What's a broom???

#145143 January 24th, 2006 at 10:20 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Vanessa glad things are going so good for you. I heard if you tie a red rag around your broom it would be safe my first wife use to do that. Billie and I never did we always took our old broom with us to the new house. Hmmm Cindy may have a point that could be what's wrong with me too. laugh
Jimmy

#145144 January 24th, 2006 at 10:59 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Barley...you bout made me have another accident with me grapette!

Why???
I never heard this...and I always take my broom!
Is that what's wrong with me???
Might be...My mother always said that you NEVER take the old broom to a new house because it was bad luck. Youare suppose to get a new broom for your new house..and sweep from the front door to the back...and then sweep from the back door to the front to sweep out any "negatives" that the previous owners might have left. I have also heard that you are suppose to sprinkle mint &lavender all through your house and sweep the same as above to sweep the blues out of your house. If you make a littl doll out od Rosemary and place it in your home it is suppose to attract good omens or make a "broom" out of the Rosemary and sweep your house...it is suppose to help you focus on getting tasks completed and invites happy thoughts and friends to share your table and your home. Looks like Iam gonna be doing a LOT of sweeping!
I am really not superstitious, I just think those are fun little things..

~V~

#145145 January 24th, 2006 at 11:54 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
No wonder I have been so screwed...I don't sweep much. :rolleyes:

#145146 January 24th, 2006 at 12:21 PM
I am with ya on that one Cindy, though we did leave our brooms in Nebraska. And we are starting to grow rosemary, so maybe we will get lucky afterall laugh

#145147 January 24th, 2006 at 01:13 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Uh...it's kinda lookin like it worked for me!!! thumbup laugh

you guys, I am just so excited about this move..because I know that Peanut is going to have a "HOME" now...and that is really what I have wanted for him.. I guess tonight I have felt like I have gone on about this like a silly kid or something...it certainly isn't like it is my first house or anything...but it will be Peanut's first home..and that is where my excitement comes from. He didn't ask for any of this stuff to happen and he surely didn't deserve to live the way we have been living....I just want the very best for him and I know that I can't always provide that although I do try really hard.
We ran in to one of the ladies that works at his school in the store tonight...she had the most wonderful things to day about Peanut...she said he is doing so well at school...even though he is having to deal from the terrors still. And Peanut just lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw her. They love him so much at the school and that is all that gets me through having him away from me during the day....

I am just so thankful for all of the wonderful things that are going on right now...it's all about the P~Nutty!

~V~

#145148 January 24th, 2006 at 02:32 PM
You know they are doing something right Vanessa when he is happy about seeing one of his teachers! That is AWESOME!!!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard