This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#143784 May 25th, 2006 at 12:40 AM
well said Jiffy and Jimmy clp clp clp wink

#143785 May 25th, 2006 at 01:16 AM
OP Offline
I do see where she is coming from. But I think her posting on this thread is a little odd. Kind of makes her seem a little less legit to me. It would have probably been more appropriate for her to start her own thread introducing herself, and telling us about what she's been up to.

A first post, here, and using the words "dysfunctional" and "cult" frown kinda gets me thinking "troll"...Im not making an accusation, but it seems like it could be taken the wrong way and start trouble. Someone who's been researcing these types of communities would definitely know that.

As long as it wasnt a hit and run post, and she can explaine a little more (maybe in a new thread) I wont think it was done to get anyone upset.

And thanks again for all your replies!!! This has made my day.

OK, must finish cleaning cockatiel Cherry's cage, and get out and dig some daisies Im relocating before the sun gets too strong!

smile

K

#143786 May 25th, 2006 at 03:49 AM
Hugs to ya;)

afgreyparrot those banners are cool! did you make them? where do i find something like that.I like the happy hour one..
I just saw a sticker on a back of a car that said stupidity should be painful...kinda sad, yet kinda funny in a sick way..unless i have a warped humor...possibly.

#143787 May 25th, 2006 at 03:57 AM
grinnnn [Linked Image]

#143788 May 25th, 2006 at 04:03 AM
Originally posted by JV:
I agree Jiffy. But nobody ever said we were normal. Also seems to me she needs to take up gardening and unwind some.
I also agree!!! But the question here is what is Normal???? Duh Normal for one person is not necessarily normal for another.....And gardening can be relaxing if you allow it to be. flw flw flw

Welcome Karen...I read your posts and you are not left out!!! ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

#143789 May 25th, 2006 at 04:17 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Some of the regular posters to this site, particularly those with inordinately high number of posts, exhibit an unusual devotion to the gardenhelper community
After being on the net for nearly 9 years (July 4, 1997), and supporting one another through the deaths, the births and the disasters of our members, we DO some very devoted "family" members here, but we certainly aren't a cult!

inordinately high number of posts
You can post in a lot of topics in nine years time!
grinnnn

#143790 May 25th, 2006 at 04:23 AM
All I have to say is that if we are indeed dysfunctional and cultish, let me in. Cuz this kind of family is so much more supportive and understanding than many out there in the "real" world.

#143791 May 25th, 2006 at 04:39 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Too true!

I love the support here.

And the "blinkies" make me smile, so let's see them! grinnnn

#143792 May 25th, 2006 at 04:50 AM
Hugs to you Karen!
kissies
And a kiss too!

Bill, is it possible to come up with a hugging graemlin?

I have a question about Sonja's study and it's publication: is she allowed to specifically name thegardenhelper.com? Is it considered libel if she does?
After all the work the hostesses and Bill, and our other unofficial bouncers, have put into this forum I hate to think what might happen if those comments were actually put in print and distributed to who knows where?
Am I the only one concerned about this?

#143793 May 25th, 2006 at 04:52 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the regular posters to this site, particularly those with inordinately high number of posts, exhibit an unusual devotion to the gardenhelper community

Its called having friends and talking with people who care!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
such as that found amongst individuals attracted to certain dysfunctional self-help groups and cults.
I can only speak for myself, but let me say this, i am not one who is or ever easily influenced by anyone, i have made some great friends on here and wouldnt trade them for anything, and i can honestly say that i am a little offended by the cult comment, but i need to ask, did you have a bad experience on here to make you think that?

#143794 May 25th, 2006 at 05:02 AM
P.S. to my earlier post: I too have made some wonderful friends here. Everyone is so supportive and kind and I was welcomed in with open arms. Times that I've been off for a few days I was sent PMs just to make sure I was ok!

I have a hard time making friends (because I have been stabbed in the back and used so many times) but this forum is world-wide and it is so easy to find people to really connect with and not be afraid of getting intentionally hurt!
Not to say we don't have any disagreements and misunderstandings, but everyone here is so tolerant and forgiving, and mature that it's easy to accept and respect our differences.

I have learned so much about gardening that I can't wait till the weather gets warmer and I can share all my successes and failures with my Forum family!

Plus I can get on here anytime and not worry if I haven't taken a shower yet or my hair and make-up aren't perfect or I'm just wearing sweats or still in my pjs or my face is swollen from allergies...
(and no one can hear me yelling at my kids...) lala lala lala

#143795 May 25th, 2006 at 05:17 AM
kissies clp Hugs for Becky!!
Well put too..

#143796 May 25th, 2006 at 05:26 AM
Penny
kissies and hugs!

#143797 May 25th, 2006 at 05:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by BeckyB:
Hugs to you Karen!
kissies
And a kiss too!

Bill, is it possible to come up with a hugging graemlin?

I have a question about Sonja's study and it's publication: is she allowed to specifically name thegardenhelper.com? Is it considered libel if she does?
After all the work the hostesses and Bill, and our other unofficial bouncers, have put into this forum I hate to think what might happen if those comments were actually put in print and distributed to who knows where?
Am I the only one concerned about this?
good question becky! usually, if you name participants in a study, you have to have their WRITTEN permission. otherwise, it is considered an "actionable" offense. bill and i will have to check with our legal teams (personal for each of us, but they will advise when necessary for the site) to see if we need more info.

#143798 May 25th, 2006 at 05:31 AM
Thanks Jiffy!
kissies kissies

#143799 May 25th, 2006 at 05:35 AM
WOW Sonja... [Linked Image]

I second EVERYTHING that EVERYONE ELSE has responded to you here. And I must add, that your blasting in here with your commentaries out of NOWHERE is rather dysfunctional at the least. As someone else here said - how about joining the GH and introducing yourself, before SNEAKING around here and psychoanalyzing us without permission?

And, as Becky has said... you might think about getting written permission from any of us that you might intend to quote, before doing so. It's the courteous thing to do, ya know?!?

Karen... [Linked Image]

[Linked Image] Lynne

#143800 May 25th, 2006 at 05:38 AM
OP Offline
Im not worried about it. I think she is bogus, because like I said earlier, why would she post in the middle of this thread? And where is she? Although I did PM her a link to the site where I was having trouble, and if she checked it out, she wont have any need to come back here!! laugh

Actually, once I did run into someone who was writing a book and wanted to quote me and some others from the site, and I did email her written permission.

Thank you all for your warm welcome and support. I better get outside now! My mini garden helper is getting antsy!

Karen

#143801 May 25th, 2006 at 06:09 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Originally posted by 'Sparagus:
I do see where she is coming from. But I think her posting on this thread is a little odd. Kind of makes her seem a little less legit to me. It would have probably been more appropriate for her to start her own thread introducing herself, and telling us about what she's been up to.
I agree... thumbup

Originally posted by Sonja53:
...I discern a subtle, disturbing undercurrent. Some of the regular posters to this site, particularly those with inordinately high number of posts, exhibit an unusual devotion to the gardenhelper community, such as that found amongst individuals attracted to certain dysfunctional self-help groups and cults.
Well......... shk

Cindy (oink oink)
[Linked Image]

#143802 May 25th, 2006 at 08:28 AM
Hi 'Sparagus! wavey

Hugs to you! kissies

#143803 May 25th, 2006 at 09:51 AM
Here's a hug for ya!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Okay--well I don't have an "inordinately high" number of posts grinnnn but I am on here at least once EVERYDAY--I just couldn't get through my day with hearing from the "BEST BUNCH OF FRIENDS I'VE EVER HAD"
and I gotta tell ya-- I wouldn't trade my membership here for another, anyplace else in the whole cyber world!!-- Although they may not know it, the friends I have made here have helped me through some of the toughest times in my life-- and they did it just by being themselves-- and to all of you-- I say thankyou and keep it up!!-- and hopefully before too long I'll be outta the books and back on here for more than just readin'-&-runnin'!!! laugh grinnnn laugh

#143804 May 25th, 2006 at 09:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey

#143805 May 25th, 2006 at 10:03 AM
wavey
Hi Loz!!!

#143806 May 25th, 2006 at 10:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get to see you around too often anymore, just wanted to make sure I got to tell you hi! wavey

#143807 May 25th, 2006 at 10:54 AM
Hi there Tricia, I have to pop in with a hello since I do not see much of you these days either.

#143808 May 25th, 2006 at 12:36 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Based on the facts that were revealed in our investigation of Sonja53 and her post, we have concluded that this was nothing more than a feeble attempt by cricket and her croanies to once again infiltrate our forum and cause problems and dissent.

Until such time that Sonja53 can satisfactorily prove her identity and credentials, she has been moved to the dungeon of shame (with the rest of her little gang)

I apologize to any and all of our members who felt uneasy about her post! On the advice of my attorney I have forwarded a copy of this post as well as previous posts designed to disrupt this forum! We will take further legal actions as necessary to prevent another such invasion! kissies

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard