This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#140644 March 13th, 2006 at 11:00 PM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
700,000 acre's in the Texas Panhandle and South Plains has burned fron near Amrillo /borger east to near Oklahoma and sout into the south plains 8 towns have burned livestock burned trying to get away.
Jimmy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, Jimmy that's terrible....and sad... ters

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
All I've watched this morning is the Weather Channel.
This is so sad..... ters

ters sca thats awful jimmy, keep us posted.

Altus Air Force Base was shut down last night because of fires.

It is just horrible. I hope you all can manage to stay safe down there.

Keep safe everyone down there.

So sorry to hear of the loss. When is the destruction going to end? frown

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
News just said over 1000 square miles in Texas panhandle has burned about the same in Oklahoma almost one solid fire from Groom and Borger
Tx to Okc.
Jimmy

Jimmy...they just said yesterday was the worst day for wildfires in Texas history...that's after Sunday's destruction.
More tornadoes for the rest of the country, too.

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
News just said the wild fires go from New Mexico /Texas line to Oklahoma on the Texas side. On New Mexico side from Tucumcari on I-40 to Texas Line. On Oklahoma side seems like fron Texas/Oklahoma line to almost Tulsa. Kansas/Oklahoma line south to Oklahoma/Texas line.Radio just said no grass in any of above states for livestock to eat that lived through the fires.
Jimmy

They're exagerating the fires in OK. The biggest were out near El Reno...they burned for 2 days, at least. There have been others, but not as big as those. I think they're all out today...and fire danger is lower today.

All of these fires are just horrible and here in Arkansas where I live we have had nothing but rain and more rain, Yes the farmers are loving it...But now the ground is too wet to get my potatoes in and it will have to be retilled. There is mud everywhere.

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
My wifes Aunt live in El Reno so I kno wabout those as she calls me. Ex sister inlaw lives in Guthrie was telling me about the fires up there. Just hope and pray we all start getting rain soon. We are under strict water ration and most lakes are very low.
Jimmy

Jimmy...if we ever get some rain, we'll have to try and set up that fishing trip! thumbup clp

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Thats is right. My Grandson said to fish from the dam said the channel cats there were huge. clp clp
Jimmy

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JV:
<strong> Thats is right. My Grandson said to fish from the dam said the channel cats there were huge. thumbup muggs

Say, where is the dam?

We actually have the burn ban lifted in a couple of counties in SE Oklahoma.

haven't been around here in a while, been a busy year for us, and the year we decided to take in some vacation time....whew. the fires in and around central ok have just been horrible, i was so glad to be able to have the windows open in the house, but the other night the smoke from the fires in el reno was so thick it was making me choke. gladly the grass is starting to go green again so maybe it won't be quite so flammable....really sad to see all the burned land...and not just a little scary.

JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
This is from Amarillo Globe News.
Fire Tornado: A fire-caused funnel cloud is viewed through the grass-fire smoke Monday on East Farm-to-Market Road 282.
This is caused by extreme heat from the fires which these fire Tornados can jump several miles and set down setting more fires. If your interested here is the paper link http://www.amarillo.com/stories/031406/new_4217531.shtml
Hope this is ok
Jimmy

I never heard of fire Torando's. Its so sad about the animals. Everyone stay safe. kissies

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Fires are nearing TAMPA, FLA...
near St. Peter'sburg..
Go figure...
Everythings' so dry...

Originally posted by weezie13:
Fires are nearing TAMPA, FLA...
near St. Peter'sburg..
Go figure...
Everythings' so dry...
Man that fire has really spread!!! laugh laugh

No seriously these fires have caused so much damage it is really sad.

At least where the fires burned outside of town the new grass is nice and green and growing good.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by Amigatec:
At least where the fires burned outside of town the new grass is nice and green and growing good.
You took the words right out of my mouth Pat,
That's supposed to be fact that the land is green with growth after a fire, and it's supposedly good for the land...to have fire on them every so many years....
I know it's not good for the humans' but the land yes..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard