This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh I just love reading all of these! thumbup

First off, I would like to say, AWESOME POST, Loz thumbup

Second of all, I would like to pat Bill on the back for being a Stand Up Guy angell I've know some men to run away after hearing words like that...

This is my story:

We were best friends for months... we worked together and that is how we met. He would stay after his shift to work with me (with no overtime $) and we'd spend hours afterwards just talking on the phone or in person. We were inseparable. We both liked each other from the first day we met... luv He asked me out... and on our very first date ...

It was a cold winter night- just before Christmas. He took me to a community club with an ice rink. When I saw on the door to the club that it was "Closed for a Private Function" I was a little sad... I hadn't gone ice skating in years & what a fun first date! But when he took out a key to the door and opened it up, I sat there shocked. He lead me through the dimly lit club and out the french doors and onto the ice rink...

There was a fire pit burning in the middle of the ice and about 7 dozen long stemmed roses scattered everywhere on the ice. In between all the roses, tiny little candles were lit! It was the most beautiful, most romantic thing I've ever seen! When he lead me onto a red carpet that was rolled out onto the ice and leading to the fire, I choked back tears of happiness! He took me right up to the fire and in the glow, he got down on one knee and took out a tiny box from his jacket pocket!

A few weeks earlier him and I were going shopping and jokingly we picked our wedding rings and my dream engagement ring...

My dream engagement ring was the one in the box! I started crying right away- I was SOOO HAPPY! He told me I was his best friend and he didn't want to spend a day without me by his side... luv This was December 21st, 2004...

We've been married for just over a year now, and he still pulls romantic nights like that out of nowhere... we're both hopeless romantics and it truly was a fairy tale proposal.... and year! luv

Oh man, I have tears streaming down my face. Totally awesome!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I'm speechless--how awesome that he did all of that!! Does he have any brothers I can trade Mark in for? laugh laugh Just kidding of course.

Originally posted by shanbear:

There was a fire pit burning in the middle of the ice and about 7 dozen long stemmed roses scattered everywhere on the ice.
Don't get the roses started, she will expect them.

I learned that one the hard way. laugh laugh laugh laugh

Wild Woman
Wild Woman
These are SO sweet..here's my uneventful tale..

Hub & I met on October 3rd....it was his deseased mother's birthday(so it is a SPECIAL day for us). We were introduced at church by some friends and he said he would call me in 3 days (I wasn't sure what that ment) But...he called me the next day and we pent hours on the phone. Our first "date" was lunch and we saw each other everyday after that...every date after that we had his kids or my kids with us. He proposed to me EXACTLY one WEEK after we met...WITH the understanding that we would wait till after the first of the year to get married.
Well...I started planning a small wedding for January...we ended up getting married November 16th...exactly 3 weeks after we had met. We have been married for 10 years now with just one hiccup in the road....Certainly getting married that quickly is not something that just anyone can pull off...we just knew...we have been through so much this past ten years...with the loss of my son and the trouble that we have delt with from his youngest daughter...but we weathered it..now we have "our" family..Peanut. Sometimes you just KNOW I guess...
He makes my coffee every morning and has for 10 years. When we found out I had Fibro...he said he would take care of me...we have a VERY strong commitment to each other...very strong...commitment is much stronger than love. The "love" is just the icing on the cake....

~V~

That is awesome Vanessa! You got a good one too!

Originally posted by 4Ruddy:

When we found out I had Fibro...he said he would take care of me...we have a VERY strong commitment to each other...very strong...commitment is much stronger than love. The "love" is just the icing on the cake....

~V~
My wife has MS and I made a promise to her 'for better or worse, in sickness and health, till death do us part' and I plan to keep it.

She has had it for many years, and told me upfront about it. And against my mothers wishes, I married her anyway. It just felt like the right thing to do.

Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Pat...that just warmed my heart...you GUYS are rare...I am glad you Looked passed the MS....that's just one of those hiccups in the road that you can deal with. Sometimes it is those very hiccups that make you closer than ever....

~V~

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
V---that is so sweet! thumbup I couldn't imagine abandoning Mark just because his own body betrayed him. I mean it wouldn't be his fault if he were to get sick. With my anxiety/depression I haven't worked in years, but when we met I was fine and worked full time. He didn't turn his back on me just because of all of that--and he never would.

Vanessa is right - sometimes the difficult times make a relationship stronger.

We met in school when we were 18. After dating for 3 weeks he asked "If I asked you to marry me what would you say?" Fortunately I didn't hold that against him. A short time later I opened the glove box and there was an engagement ring. I'd never opened the glove box before and he wasn't happy that I had spoiled the surprise. We were engaged for 2 1/2 years (too long) and married 31 years ago next month. Some tough times, some great times, mostly just glad to be together.

31 years! Another long and wonderful marriage!

Wow, certainly some amazing stories. I'm not married either, even though we'll be together 17 years on the 8th of Sept. Why buy the cow if your getting the milk for free.. laugh

Whatever works Tamara laugh thumbup thumbup thumbup

lol.......good one tamara. everybody has some wonderful stories. thank you so much for sharing them!

The only reason why we are not married is because here in Canada when you tie the knot you are shoved in a different tax bracket and end up paying for it for the rest of your life (literally). Yup, ask the government~I'm single p

It really is nice anf heartwarming to hear everyone's stories...Some wonderfully romantic in a traditional sense, some romantic in a way that only the ones involved see...each and every one PERFECT for all involved! thumbup Now I just want to call Doug and tell him how much I love him! cool

Triss: Your reply a couple of pages back put tears in my eyes! Thank you sooo much! kissies I went up right away after reading it and hugged and kissed my husband.

Loz: laugh There are two other brothers! wink Kidding! Mark sounds awesome! luv

kissies

Triss you are too cute! kissies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loz: There are two other brothers!
Are they single? laugh laugh laugh

LOL! laugh One isn't... but the other is... What would you say if I told you he was a model! grinnnn (Seriously...) lala

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say quit tempting me like that! laugh thumbup

Is he cute though, the brother, the model? grinnnn laugh

i was married once (to my son's father) he came in as a patient to my emergency room. he is no longer living and now i have been in a relationship for 12 years(where does time go?) this guy has given me romantic moments that many wait a lifetime for and some never get and i have been given many!the road has been rocky (to say the least) but what a lotta love!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard