This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128636 February 20th, 2005 at 11:37 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Hi all. I am a new member and really a very novice gardener from Calgary, Alberta. I'm trying at this point to get my house plants in better shape and in the spring will attempt to work on the outdoor plants. We bought an existing house 5 years ago and I have been trying to revamp the flower gardens to my own liking, but fear I planted too much too soon and now it is all growing out of control and is too crowded. I'm very excited about what the information this site can offer and look forward to chatting with you.

Thanks for having me.

#128637 February 21st, 2005 at 07:11 AM
wavey Hi, Andrea!
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a "stampede" of plants. (Did I really say that? Duh ) Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.
that very overabundance of plants has happened to me too. I divided, gave away, sold and conquered! It's a good way to thin things out and you can make new gardening friends along the way. wink Good luck and I hope you enjoy the forum!

#128638 February 21st, 2005 at 11:15 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Barb. And yes, you really did say "stampede" of plants. That's okay - I thought it rather witty.

I'm excited to receive some info on my outdoor plants once spring hits. Until then, indoors will have to do. We hit the town today to buy a new pot, potting soil, fertilizer, you name it and will soon be cutting my dieffenbachia. I hope all goes well. With any luck, I'll be getting a true green thumb in no time.

I like your little tag line. I've seen one similar to it with the added "champagne glass in hand". I thought it very fitting.

#128639 February 22nd, 2005 at 12:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, Andrea! wavey

Welcome to the forum!

Calgary is my old stomin' grounds. I don't miss the winters, but ohh, for a glimpse of those wide open blue skies and summer thunderstorms!

Cricket

#128640 February 24th, 2005 at 07:34 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Another fellow Canadian. Yay! Thanks for the welcome Cricket. Vancouver is a beautiful city, so you certainly moved from one great place to another. I would kill to be able to have some of those warmer climate trees here in Calgary, but I'll have to suffice with what we have, which is still truly beautiful.

Link Copied to Clipboard