A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Andrea D. New Member from Alberta - February 20th, 2005 at 11:37 PM
Hi all. I am a new member and really a very novice gardener from Calgary, Alberta. I'm trying at this point to get my house plants in better shape and in the spring will attempt to work on the outdoor plants. We bought an existing house 5 years ago and I have been trying to revamp the flower gardens to my own liking, but fear I planted too much too soon and now it is all growing out of control and is too crowded. I'm very excited about what the information this site can offer and look forward to chatting with you.

Thanks for having me.
Posted By: Barb Illinois Zone 5 Re: New Member from Alberta - February 21st, 2005 at 07:11 AM
wavey Hi, Andrea!
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a "stampede" of plants. (Did I really say that? Duh ) Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.
that very overabundance of plants has happened to me too. I divided, gave away, sold and conquered! It's a good way to thin things out and you can make new gardening friends along the way. wink Good luck and I hope you enjoy the forum!
Posted By: Andrea D. Re: New Member from Alberta - February 21st, 2005 at 11:15 PM
Thanks Barb. And yes, you really did say "stampede" of plants. That's okay - I thought it rather witty.

I'm excited to receive some info on my outdoor plants once spring hits. Until then, indoors will have to do. We hit the town today to buy a new pot, potting soil, fertilizer, you name it and will soon be cutting my dieffenbachia. I hope all goes well. With any luck, I'll be getting a true green thumb in no time.

I like your little tag line. I've seen one similar to it with the added "champagne glass in hand". I thought it very fitting.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Member from Alberta - February 22nd, 2005 at 12:31 AM
Hi, Andrea! wavey

Welcome to the forum!

Calgary is my old stomin' grounds. I don't miss the winters, but ohh, for a glimpse of those wide open blue skies and summer thunderstorms!

Cricket
Posted By: Andrea D. Re: New Member from Alberta - February 24th, 2005 at 07:34 AM
Another fellow Canadian. Yay! Thanks for the welcome Cricket. Vancouver is a beautiful city, so you certainly moved from one great place to another. I would kill to be able to have some of those warmer climate trees here in Calgary, but I'll have to suffice with what we have, which is still truly beautiful.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]