This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#124734 August 28th, 2005 at 01:32 AM
Tricia,

Glad to see you back!

#124735 August 31st, 2005 at 05:00 AM
More prayers are needed for Vanessa. Here is the email I received from her today. She asked me to update you all on what was going on and I thought this to be the best way.

Triss,
I will probably not be back on the forum today..unless I hear from Tricia, then I will let everyone know. However the circuits are still jammed and no phone or cell phones are going through. She was far enough away, that I am trusting in my heart to believe they are fine...just with out power.
The day has taken a turn for the worst for me....right after I posted the Memorial for Dayne, I got a call that my best friend (here in Arkansas) mother passed away this morning. I was suppose to have gone to visit her yesterday and because I wasn't feeling well, did not. This family "adopted" me in when I first moved to Arkansas 20 some odd years ago. Dayne grew up knowing her as his "granny Chandler"....how ironic that they would pass away on the exact same date...6 years between them. she had been sick and in the hospital but had come home and was doing well........now, I am just sick that I didn't put my own discomfort aside and visit her as I had planned yesterday! I just feel like the Queen of Gloom and doom all of the time. It seems that just as I grab myself by the bootstraps and pull myself out...I get knocked back down further. Although my saddness seems so trivial in the light of what is happening in the world today...it is all very real to me.

#124736 August 31st, 2005 at 09:42 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Sending all my prayers to Vanessa kissies kissies kissies angell

#124737 September 1st, 2005 at 06:30 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I just posted an update on Cindy...in the "Cindy is not crazy" thread. She is CRAZY and we all know that and love her anyway...but she has had some additional help...a reaction to the medication she was taking. She really is not feeling well at all.....so, I'm callin in the troops..... luv

#124738 September 26th, 2005 at 02:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if you could send out a few quick prayers for my mother in law Nancy....I just heard that she fell down the steps at her house and broke her ankle, and that the bone was sticking out of her leg......OUCH!!!! She's probably in a ton of pain.....and she's a huge walker, she'll hate not being able to do her daily walk around the lake.....

#124739 September 26th, 2005 at 06:25 AM
Ouch. Will be keeping Nancy in my prayers. What a horrible injury. May the doctors hands be guided by the Lord as they put her ankle back in place so that she may heal properly and quickly.

#124740 September 26th, 2005 at 06:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks so much Triss....she's back home now and loaded up on pain pills....

#124741 September 26th, 2005 at 09:06 AM
That is good to hear. Hope they allow her to sleep tonight.

#124742 September 27th, 2005 at 07:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loz? how is your mil? i hear (don't know personally) that ankle breaks are one of the most painful breaks.

while y'all are praying, can you say some prayers for my gramma who is 82 today. i called and she has 3 compression fractures in her back. also, my mil is having problems with diverticulitis.

#124743 September 27th, 2005 at 07:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's in pain, but feeling better than she did yesterday.....

Prayers for you gramma and mother in law......

#124744 September 27th, 2005 at 07:08 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
ankle breaks are one of the most painful breaks.
My mom broke her ankle 4 years ago (tripped over one of Brennan's toys) and it STILL hurts.

I will be praying for everyone.
That's what I do when I can't sleep.
...and I don't sleep much anymore. :rolleyes:

Cindy

#124745 October 3rd, 2005 at 10:25 PM
Please pray for my friend Chuck. He is a quadrapalegic that needs assistance for breathing. Last night he woke up only able to breathe on one side. His wife contacted me to say they were on their way down to Yale/New Haven Hospital in CT -- a drive of several hours at least -- the only place equipped to diagnose and repair his special equipment, if that is what the problem is.

That has got to be a grueling venture for them to go so far with his breathing compromised. I will keep you updated as I hear, but I don't know how well she'll be able to get news up to us.

Merme

#124746 October 3rd, 2005 at 10:58 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
You got it, Merme!
I'm there! thumbup

Cindy

#124747 October 4th, 2005 at 09:06 AM
I'm hoping your friend gets the care he needs quickly, and can breathe easier soon.

My cousin, who also lives in Connecticut, is a paraplegic and on oxygen pretty much 24/7. He has had pneumonia for several weeks now - not too serious, but enough to make it even more difficult for him to breathe.

I feel for your friend and his wife, and hope they have an easy time of it at the hospital.

#124748 October 7th, 2005 at 06:38 PM
My friend Chuck is having surgery today, but we are not sure exactly when. He is scheduled to go to the OR at 1:30 PM EST but it may have to be delayed until this evening if the surgeon gets delayed.

The situation is this: 24 years ago, after the hunting accident that caused his extreme injury, he was invited to participate in a revolutionary treatment for people unable to breathe on their own. He spent many months hospitalized to receive this treatment but the final result was wonderful for him.

The surgeon/inventor at the time inserted something similar to a pacemaker onto the nerves that stimulate the lungs to expand and contract and it has worked beautifully all this time. This invention has allowed him to breathe on his own without having a trache/respirator. Which of course is a very good thing for many reasons, including not having an open wound in the throat and more ease for speaking.

So there are two units in his chest. One up near the surface and the other deeper inside. When the surgeon goes in today, he will have to determine which unit is the one causing the problem. We are hoping it is the one nearest to the surface so the surgery won't be too invasive and he'll have a speedier recovery time.

Unfortunately, the other issue is this: These units are not manufactured in the USA, so if one of them needs replaced or repaired, it will have to be either sent out of the country or there will be a delay having a replacement shipped in. In which case, Chuck and Robyn will have to stay at Yale/New Haven Hospital with him in the ICU for a second surgery.

The best case scenario would be that the unit won't need replaced or repaired AND that it is simply a matter of reconnecting the one nearest to the surface. THAT would be terrific for Chuck and beneficial to Robyn as well as she must stay close to his side because of the level of care he needs.

I will update as soon as we recieve word later today.

Thanks everyone!

Merme

#124749 October 7th, 2005 at 06:42 PM
I will be praying for your friend, Merme...

Dianna

#124750 October 7th, 2005 at 06:50 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Sending prayers for Chuck..

How did everything go?????
Did he have the surgery???

#124751 October 7th, 2005 at 07:21 PM
The surgery is scheduled for later today -- Friday, the 7th, at 1:30 PM or maybe later in the evening.

Merme

#124752 October 7th, 2005 at 07:29 PM
Wishing Chuck the best of care and a very easy recovery. Technology today, as you know, is so miraculous, isn't it? I hope this will be an easy fix for him.

My mom got a pacemaker the same week as 9-11. She was told that it would last 7-8 years. Apparently, she is using it so frequently, that it needs to be replaced much sooner. A few months ago they told her she only had about 9 months left on the battery in this unit. They tweaked the setting a little bit, and now she has about 12-15 months. Even so, the fact that she was able to have this inserted in the first place, (and obviously needed it to survive) is amazing.

I'll be thinking of your friend all afternoon, Merme, and wishing him smooth sailing through this chapter of his life.

#124753 October 8th, 2005 at 09:51 PM
My friend Chuck had his surgery last night and things went well as far as they can tell at this point.

However, he DID have to have the more invasive of the two possible procedures. They had to go deep into the chest, puncture the pleural sac, and reattach the electronic cuff that surrounds the nerve that stimulates respiration.

It will be several days before we know how well he is responding to the surgery.

Another difficult piece of this story we should keep in mind for them is that they are going through all of this virtually by themselves, several hours away from home.

When I spoke to his wife, Robyn, her little voice just sounded so LONELY and she kept saying "It is so good to HEAR you!" poor thing. If he were hospitalized locally, all of us who love them so could just take turns dropping by to sit near and/or bring useful stuff.

I'll update as I hear more.

Merme

#124754 October 8th, 2005 at 09:59 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
It's good to hear they didn't have to send anything off for repair. thumbup

Praying he heals quickly.
...and praying for Robyn. I've been there, many years ago when my first husband was burned real bad and in the burn unit at a hospital over a hundred miles from home...for over a month. It's very lonely sitting there by yourself day in and day out, with no friends there for company and support.

Cindy

#124755 October 15th, 2005 at 10:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if y'all would, please pray for valerie's stepdaughters & their mother (it was valerie's wedding in july) they were in a bad car wreck yesterday. the girls were both in the passenger side, and they were broad sided by a van in the passenger door. the oldest daughter (19) had to have surgery to pin her shoulder in place, the break in it is cutting the blood supply to the arm. the other daughter (17) is home but on pain killers. crystal should go home today after her surgery, if they can immobilize that arm well enough. to add to it, they are in utah, val is in va, and their dad had left on wed to go on a business trip to the mid-east. so, now, they are making all kinds of emergency flight arrangements to go with it.

#124756 October 15th, 2005 at 09:54 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Sending many many prayers kissies kissies

#124757 October 16th, 2005 at 05:34 AM
oh, I'm sooooo sorry to hear this, Jiffy!

Many many wishes for speedy recoveries without too much discomfort,
going out to them immediately! kissies

Also wishing their dad a safe and speedy trip back home
so he can be with his loved ones in their time of need! thumbup

#124758 October 16th, 2005 at 07:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks both... i don't have an update yet, but as soon as i do...

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard