A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous a prayer & get well list 2 - August 4th, 2005 at 07:16 AM
I'm starting a new one... with a request for my son matthew, he is in the hospital on iv antibiotics (an infection in his arm) and has some "personal" issues going on too... we are hoping he is getting out tomorrow or friday...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 4th, 2005 at 09:02 PM
[Linked Image]

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 4th, 2005 at 09:19 PM
Lots of prayers for Matthew Jiffy....So sorry to hear that he is in the hospital....hang in there.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 4th, 2005 at 09:45 PM
Matthew is now on my prayer list, Jiffymouse, and so are you. Request for him is a fast recovery and for you some time to rest.

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 4th, 2005 at 11:02 PM
thank y'all. he called this morning... (at 18 he would die of embarrassment shocked if i thought i had to stay with him, he isn't that sick)
they are going to evaluate his arm, it is responding to the antibiotics, so now they have to do some cutting, they just don't know if it can be done in room as a "procedure" or if they think it would be better to take him to the OR.

oh, and he requested that someone bring him his razor, he needs to shave laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 4th, 2005 at 11:06 PM
Jiffy...praying for him big time.
Tell him I said "Howdy", and when he comes to work in my woods like he said he wanted to do, he can cook for me as his pay!

Huh??? nutz
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 4th, 2005 at 11:18 PM
cindy, i'll tell him. that'll make his day for sure! laugh laugh and if you are feeding him, and letting him cook what he wants, i promise you, that'll cost more than paying him laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 4th, 2005 at 11:45 PM
Oh Jiffy! I am so sorry to hear this!

All prayers and a new candle going up right now!

Merme
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 5th, 2005 at 01:00 AM
Jiffy... So sorry about your son. He is in my thoughts and prayers. 18 is such a hard age, on the verge of being a man and still really a child. I hope he lets you be there for him in some ways.
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 5th, 2005 at 01:00 AM
Jiffy,
Got another candle lit here too- praying for fast recovery for him and rest for you too!
Nana
Posted By: Meg Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 5th, 2005 at 01:12 AM
Sorry to hear about you son Jiffy.. hope he's back up to normal speed again soon. angell
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 5th, 2005 at 01:30 AM
Hi all,

Got a request too- for a friend of ours named Tammy- she is undergoing a hard time- they found a cancer in her mouth- throat area- removed it and got all of it- but she has been left with a hole that they can't close- she can't talk- as soon as she gets a prothesis she will be able to but that is after a few more weeks of healing and radiation to make sure-- this is so hard on her- she is the only one I know that can outtalk me SIL and that is saying a lot! She and her hubby work with my hubby and are both good people- so say a little extra one for her _ I know it will help -- Dr's can't understand why she got this type as it usually only happens to heavy smokers and drinkers - she is neither...
Thanks Nana
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 5th, 2005 at 01:36 AM
i'm praying nana, but i have a question... did she ever live with a heavy smoker?
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 5th, 2005 at 01:42 AM
Sending prayers Nana. How very sad.
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 5th, 2005 at 10:37 AM
Thanks Jiffy and Triss,
No she never did even live with a smoker- that why they don't understand it at all, just found out tonight that they are going to put a feeding tube in her stomach so she can eat- till she heals- I don't have a lot of fun emails or whatever but want to start sending her some - if you all have fun sites can you pm them to me would appreciate that a lot- don't do a lot of surfing anymore - Thanks a lot for all the prayers...
Nana
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 5th, 2005 at 10:43 AM
Nana, I have to check my stash of fun emails. I recall a really good one of DooWhop Horses singing in quartet. It was a riot and also very fun to play with.

Gee, I'm hoping she heals well and speedily. This is a particularly difficult surgery, I know.

Certainly, more candles lit tonight.

All prayers, always.
Merme
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 5th, 2005 at 12:12 PM
Thanks - don't know how I missed this earlier- guess I better get myself off this thing - kids will be home soon- baby is still awake- he is fighting it but maybe if we rock he will go to sleep...
Good night - see you in the morning...
Nana
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 22nd, 2005 at 08:52 AM
ters me & the Peanut!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 22nd, 2005 at 08:55 AM
Vanessa...
I'm praying for you all constantly...and I won't stop.

kissies
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 22nd, 2005 at 11:59 AM
kissies kissies thumbup For you Vanessa,
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 22nd, 2005 at 09:00 PM
[Linked Image] Always praying for you both!
Posted By: Meg Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 23rd, 2005 at 01:18 AM
Awwwe, I was just wondering how you & penut were doing vanessa. Continued thoughts & prayers for you. angell
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 23rd, 2005 at 11:02 PM
Could you all say a few prayers for my friend Suzanne in CA. Just got a call her water broke and she and hubby are off to have their 3rd baby boy.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 24th, 2005 at 01:58 AM
kissies thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 25th, 2005 at 09:01 AM
Triss....I was so glad to hear everything went well with your friend...and they are enjoying that sweet bouncing baby boy! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 25th, 2005 at 10:02 AM
Prayers please for my hubby Dan. He is going through what could be some very serious medical issues right now, very similar to what happened a few years ago and we almost lost him. We know more about what is going on now and what NOT to do but we could really use the prayers. Thanks so much.
Posted By: sybil Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 25th, 2005 at 10:39 AM
I am so sorry Triss,I really hope things go well for your husband.You seem to have your plate pretty full as it is..My best wishes for you and your family kissies
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 25th, 2005 at 10:46 AM
Sending kissies angell
and you too!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 25th, 2005 at 09:20 PM
Thanks, I am hoping to know more tomorrow but I am really scared this could be something VERY serious.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 12:32 AM
prayers for you triss...
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 12:35 AM
[Linked Image] And more prayers & posative thoughts!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 01:00 AM
Hey guys...we need to say a little prayer for our Tricia friend today. She has been up all night with a chicken salad bug.... shk she has been pretty darn sick and in bed so far most of today. Little Ally had the yucks yesterday so it may just be a viral thing going around with them...but what ever it is...it is BAD news!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 02:12 AM
Prayers being said for Tricia.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 03:37 AM
I am still praying for ALL my forum buddies...

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 03:49 AM
Praying for Tricia...being sick like that is soooo bad! ters
...and praying for all my forum friends. Seems like we've been needing a lot of prayers lately.

...and add Belinda to this list...she needs some, too.
Posted By: Meg Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 03:56 AM
Prayers all around, Tricia, Triss, Vanessa, Dianna, Cindy, did I miss anyone? JV, stay out of the heat!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 09:48 AM
It's a bit after 9pm and I just wanted to let you know that Tricia is still breathing..(not because she wants to though) She was finally able to keep a little soda down thumbup so that's a start...but she hasn't been able to be out of bed much...I'm praying she is tons better tomorrow!
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 09:51 AM
Thanks for the update!
Posted By: Francine Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 10:51 AM
Jiffy,

how sad i was to hear your son is in the hospital,even at this age it s no fun i bet he d rather be with his girlfriend,hope he s gonna be able to have it only as a procedure but praying for him.

i ll do this one(toy run) for mathew and will think of him while doing it so it ll bring him luck and send you a couple pictures.

tell him a bunch of bikers will hear abou him this wek end and will think of hif(about ,just 500 of them)...talk of praying power laugh laugh

hope everything goes well.
Posted By: Francine Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 10:56 AM
hope everything goes right for little tricia and ally,also thinking of them this week end,keep me posted me i hate to see kids being sick.

so good luck!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 11:03 AM
My nephew just got sick this weekend
eating funky mac~salad...
He'd stayed over night and at 1:30am he's
like, Aunt Weezie, I don't feel too good,
Raaaaaallllllllllphhhhhhhh!!!
I was feeling bad for him tryin' to figure out
what was up, we'd all eaten together and none of the rest of us were sick.. but after a couple of
questions, we found out it was at home, just
before he'd come over.. :rolleyes:
By morning, he was doin' okay though...

Hope Tricia and Ally are doing lot's better by
mornin' too!!! kissies kissies
Posted By: Meg Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 26th, 2005 at 04:36 PM
Jiffy, how's your son doing? Is he still in the hospital?

I'll just say, prayers for all my garden palies. angell angell angell angell angell angell

Meg
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 27th, 2005 at 02:04 AM
Hi everyone.

Just got all settled from the Dr's, cranky kids from being in the car so long. And lunch and cranky kids from being in the car so long. LOL

Well fortunately the Dr does not think Dan has a bleeding ulcer, but she does think it is an internal fissure somewhere in his colon and if it does not heal with the meds she gave him, he will need surgery. Lots of bloodwork and she may change up his meds depending on all that.

I just don't know if all of that is good news or not. Not looking forward to possible surgery but thanking the Lord that he is not dying. I was really REALLY scared it was something very serious.

Thanks so much for all the prayers. Please keep praying that he will heal on his own and his pain goes away as he is miserable right now.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 27th, 2005 at 03:48 AM
Still kissies thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 27th, 2005 at 10:40 AM
GREAT news Triss...we are just gonna know that he wont have to have surgery!!! Praying that the meds will nip it in the bud!!!

Tricia is feeling better tonight...but can only do a couple of bites at a time...I'm bettin she will be good as new tomorrow!!!
Posted By: pcgrav Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 27th, 2005 at 09:48 PM
Well-- I'm not quite good as new-- but I am much better!!
Thankyou All so much for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes...
Its comforting to know that one has friends that always keep you in mind!!
Thanks Bunches!!!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 27th, 2005 at 09:55 PM
kissies Glad you are better! luv
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 27th, 2005 at 10:07 PM
Welllllllll, she's alivvvvvvvve!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!
Good to see you back up and around Tricia!! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 27th, 2005 at 11:12 PM
tricia, so glad you are better

triss, still praying for dan
(and everyone else on here!)

franny, matthew is home, better, and the place on his arm is all but healed. now if i could get his attitude healed laugh laugh laugh nutz
Posted By: JV Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 27th, 2005 at 11:39 PM
Tricia glad your better and up and around some . Jiffy Glad Matthew is better. Triss also still praying for Dan. Vanessa you know I am always praing for you and yours. thumbup Seems like as soon as one heals another goes down constant prayers all the time for everyone and their families on here. angell
Jimmy
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 28th, 2005 at 01:32 AM
Tricia,

Glad to see you back!
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 31st, 2005 at 05:00 AM
More prayers are needed for Vanessa. Here is the email I received from her today. She asked me to update you all on what was going on and I thought this to be the best way.

Triss,
I will probably not be back on the forum today..unless I hear from Tricia, then I will let everyone know. However the circuits are still jammed and no phone or cell phones are going through. She was far enough away, that I am trusting in my heart to believe they are fine...just with out power.
The day has taken a turn for the worst for me....right after I posted the Memorial for Dayne, I got a call that my best friend (here in Arkansas) mother passed away this morning. I was suppose to have gone to visit her yesterday and because I wasn't feeling well, did not. This family "adopted" me in when I first moved to Arkansas 20 some odd years ago. Dayne grew up knowing her as his "granny Chandler"....how ironic that they would pass away on the exact same date...6 years between them. she had been sick and in the hospital but had come home and was doing well........now, I am just sick that I didn't put my own discomfort aside and visit her as I had planned yesterday! I just feel like the Queen of Gloom and doom all of the time. It seems that just as I grab myself by the bootstraps and pull myself out...I get knocked back down further. Although my saddness seems so trivial in the light of what is happening in the world today...it is all very real to me.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - August 31st, 2005 at 09:42 AM
Sending all my prayers to Vanessa kissies kissies kissies angell
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - September 1st, 2005 at 06:30 AM
I just posted an update on Cindy...in the "Cindy is not crazy" thread. She is CRAZY and we all know that and love her anyway...but she has had some additional help...a reaction to the medication she was taking. She really is not feeling well at all.....so, I'm callin in the troops..... luv
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - September 26th, 2005 at 02:37 AM
Wondering if you could send out a few quick prayers for my mother in law Nancy....I just heard that she fell down the steps at her house and broke her ankle, and that the bone was sticking out of her leg......OUCH!!!! She's probably in a ton of pain.....and she's a huge walker, she'll hate not being able to do her daily walk around the lake.....
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - September 26th, 2005 at 06:25 AM
Ouch. Will be keeping Nancy in my prayers. What a horrible injury. May the doctors hands be guided by the Lord as they put her ankle back in place so that she may heal properly and quickly.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - September 26th, 2005 at 06:50 AM
Thanks so much Triss....she's back home now and loaded up on pain pills....
Posted By: Triss Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - September 26th, 2005 at 09:06 AM
That is good to hear. Hope they allow her to sleep tonight.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - September 27th, 2005 at 07:00 AM
loz? how is your mil? i hear (don't know personally) that ankle breaks are one of the most painful breaks.

while y'all are praying, can you say some prayers for my gramma who is 82 today. i called and she has 3 compression fractures in her back. also, my mil is having problems with diverticulitis.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - September 27th, 2005 at 07:05 AM
She's in pain, but feeling better than she did yesterday.....

Prayers for you gramma and mother in law......
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - September 27th, 2005 at 07:08 AM
ankle breaks are one of the most painful breaks.
My mom broke her ankle 4 years ago (tripped over one of Brennan's toys) and it STILL hurts.

I will be praying for everyone.
That's what I do when I can't sleep.
...and I don't sleep much anymore. :rolleyes:

Cindy
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 3rd, 2005 at 10:25 PM
Please pray for my friend Chuck. He is a quadrapalegic that needs assistance for breathing. Last night he woke up only able to breathe on one side. His wife contacted me to say they were on their way down to Yale/New Haven Hospital in CT -- a drive of several hours at least -- the only place equipped to diagnose and repair his special equipment, if that is what the problem is.

That has got to be a grueling venture for them to go so far with his breathing compromised. I will keep you updated as I hear, but I don't know how well she'll be able to get news up to us.

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 3rd, 2005 at 10:58 PM
You got it, Merme!
I'm there! thumbup

Cindy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 4th, 2005 at 09:06 AM
I'm hoping your friend gets the care he needs quickly, and can breathe easier soon.

My cousin, who also lives in Connecticut, is a paraplegic and on oxygen pretty much 24/7. He has had pneumonia for several weeks now - not too serious, but enough to make it even more difficult for him to breathe.

I feel for your friend and his wife, and hope they have an easy time of it at the hospital.
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 7th, 2005 at 06:38 PM
My friend Chuck is having surgery today, but we are not sure exactly when. He is scheduled to go to the OR at 1:30 PM EST but it may have to be delayed until this evening if the surgeon gets delayed.

The situation is this: 24 years ago, after the hunting accident that caused his extreme injury, he was invited to participate in a revolutionary treatment for people unable to breathe on their own. He spent many months hospitalized to receive this treatment but the final result was wonderful for him.

The surgeon/inventor at the time inserted something similar to a pacemaker onto the nerves that stimulate the lungs to expand and contract and it has worked beautifully all this time. This invention has allowed him to breathe on his own without having a trache/respirator. Which of course is a very good thing for many reasons, including not having an open wound in the throat and more ease for speaking.

So there are two units in his chest. One up near the surface and the other deeper inside. When the surgeon goes in today, he will have to determine which unit is the one causing the problem. We are hoping it is the one nearest to the surface so the surgery won't be too invasive and he'll have a speedier recovery time.

Unfortunately, the other issue is this: These units are not manufactured in the USA, so if one of them needs replaced or repaired, it will have to be either sent out of the country or there will be a delay having a replacement shipped in. In which case, Chuck and Robyn will have to stay at Yale/New Haven Hospital with him in the ICU for a second surgery.

The best case scenario would be that the unit won't need replaced or repaired AND that it is simply a matter of reconnecting the one nearest to the surface. THAT would be terrific for Chuck and beneficial to Robyn as well as she must stay close to his side because of the level of care he needs.

I will update as soon as we recieve word later today.

Thanks everyone!

Merme
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 7th, 2005 at 06:42 PM
I will be praying for your friend, Merme...

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 7th, 2005 at 06:50 PM
Sending prayers for Chuck..

How did everything go?????
Did he have the surgery???
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 7th, 2005 at 07:21 PM
The surgery is scheduled for later today -- Friday, the 7th, at 1:30 PM or maybe later in the evening.

Merme
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 7th, 2005 at 07:29 PM
Wishing Chuck the best of care and a very easy recovery. Technology today, as you know, is so miraculous, isn't it? I hope this will be an easy fix for him.

My mom got a pacemaker the same week as 9-11. She was told that it would last 7-8 years. Apparently, she is using it so frequently, that it needs to be replaced much sooner. A few months ago they told her she only had about 9 months left on the battery in this unit. They tweaked the setting a little bit, and now she has about 12-15 months. Even so, the fact that she was able to have this inserted in the first place, (and obviously needed it to survive) is amazing.

I'll be thinking of your friend all afternoon, Merme, and wishing him smooth sailing through this chapter of his life.
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 8th, 2005 at 09:51 PM
My friend Chuck had his surgery last night and things went well as far as they can tell at this point.

However, he DID have to have the more invasive of the two possible procedures. They had to go deep into the chest, puncture the pleural sac, and reattach the electronic cuff that surrounds the nerve that stimulates respiration.

It will be several days before we know how well he is responding to the surgery.

Another difficult piece of this story we should keep in mind for them is that they are going through all of this virtually by themselves, several hours away from home.

When I spoke to his wife, Robyn, her little voice just sounded so LONELY and she kept saying "It is so good to HEAR you!" poor thing. If he were hospitalized locally, all of us who love them so could just take turns dropping by to sit near and/or bring useful stuff.

I'll update as I hear more.

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 8th, 2005 at 09:59 PM
It's good to hear they didn't have to send anything off for repair. thumbup

Praying he heals quickly.
...and praying for Robyn. I've been there, many years ago when my first husband was burned real bad and in the burn unit at a hospital over a hundred miles from home...for over a month. It's very lonely sitting there by yourself day in and day out, with no friends there for company and support.

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 15th, 2005 at 10:09 AM
if y'all would, please pray for valerie's stepdaughters & their mother (it was valerie's wedding in july) they were in a bad car wreck yesterday. the girls were both in the passenger side, and they were broad sided by a van in the passenger door. the oldest daughter (19) had to have surgery to pin her shoulder in place, the break in it is cutting the blood supply to the arm. the other daughter (17) is home but on pain killers. crystal should go home today after her surgery, if they can immobilize that arm well enough. to add to it, they are in utah, val is in va, and their dad had left on wed to go on a business trip to the mid-east. so, now, they are making all kinds of emergency flight arrangements to go with it.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 15th, 2005 at 09:54 PM
Sending many many prayers kissies kissies
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 16th, 2005 at 05:34 AM
oh, I'm sooooo sorry to hear this, Jiffy!

Many many wishes for speedy recoveries without too much discomfort,
going out to them immediately! kissies

Also wishing their dad a safe and speedy trip back home
so he can be with his loved ones in their time of need! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 16th, 2005 at 07:17 AM
thanks both... i don't have an update yet, but as soon as i do...
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 16th, 2005 at 08:54 AM
About my friends Chuck and Robyn.

He STILL is not able to breathe out of that one lung on his own, even slightly more than one week post-op. He still is on a vent and they aren't talking about letting him come home any time soon.

Yesterday they tried to get him up out of bed for a short while but for some reason, his big, special chair wouldn't function!

They seem to be having their fill of technological malfunctions with a bad impact!!

And, they are both suffering because an ICU is very noisy and bright 24 hours a day. The medical community is aware that extended stays in an ICU can cause a type of ICU-induced psychosis as patients don't get relief from the intense activity.

Of course Robyn is finding it hard to cope with the myriad of issues surrounding camping out in a hospital room...

So please remember these guys, won't you?

And Jiffy, please keep us updated as you hear any news...

Merme
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 18th, 2005 at 12:53 AM
Still sending more and more kissies kissies angell prayers for
both of them...
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 22nd, 2005 at 11:03 AM
Hi all ~

I got an update email from Robyn tonight.

The remaining difficulty is that Chuck's diaphragm keeps getting too fatigued to keep him breathing regularly.

So they have him on a protocal in which the internal breathing apparatus triggers both lungs to work or "pace" for an hour together and then just the right side alone for three hours. They run special tests to determine how well the diaphragm is holding up.

If they can strengthen him past these difficulties there is a chance he'll be able to return home sometime the week after next.

Truly, these folks are worn out by their extended stay so far from home in an ICU, so all prayers are appreciated!

Merme
Posted By: Meg Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 23rd, 2005 at 03:13 AM
Sorry to hear about your friends Merme. Prayers are there. And Jiffy, for Val's family as well.

Alex had to go to the dr today.. she's been up vomiting since the middle of the night. A stomach bug/flu is what they figure. No food for 24 hours, clear liquids.. she's not happy about that. They *almost* sent her to the hospital for IV fluids, since she's keeping nothing down, but she isn't looking too terribly dehydrated yet. They are open on Sundays, and said to bring her back tomorrow if she gets much worse. They'll put her in the hospital for fluids if she does.

Steve's grandmother is in the hospital. She needs to have surgery for a blockage in her legs. This is the umpteenth time for this. I think it's getting worse. Monday is when she's to have the surgery.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 23rd, 2005 at 03:53 AM
Sending PRAYERS all over the board...

For Our Jimmy!!!! kissies kissies
and Steve's grandmother too!!!!

And Jenn's wee~one too!!!!

And Lynne's cousin and mother!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 23rd, 2005 at 05:59 AM
prayers, prayers, prayers... and an update, val's family is recovering nicely, and the younger of the two daughters will be moving in with them on monday, everyone thinks that is a good thing, she is a good kid.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 25th, 2005 at 05:24 AM
Please pray for my nephew Cory--the one who was in trouble and ended up in rehab.....He's gotten himself in trouble again--I won't go into it all I'm just too mad right now....
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 25th, 2005 at 10:00 AM
Here is a copy of an email I just received from Robyn about how Chuck is doing.

"Hi! Hope you are all well.

We have a schedule now. If all goes well, no glitches, we will probably be here for 6 or 7 more days. The doctor told us that doctors don't
like to give that info in case something changes - so as Chuck likes to say "Nothing is written in stone".

Tomorrow the pacing schedule changes, then again on Thursday and Saturday. Tomorrow Chuck is pacing for an hour on both sides, then an
hour on the right side, repeat. We get six hours of pacing on one side each night to sleep uninterupted.

Then Thursday he will pace on both sides for 1.5 hrs and the right for half an hour, repeat. If all goes well Saturday he will go to full time pacing, not sure if he will be on one side for 6 hrs overnight or not.

We are going kinda stir crazy, but otherwise OK.

Thanks for your continued prayers!

Love,
Robyn & Chuck"

And loz ~ certainly, all prayers for Cory.

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 25th, 2005 at 10:15 AM
I fall asleep at night praying for my friends...and the friends of my friends...and the family of my friends.

...so in just a little while I'll be praying.
...for these friends and Jimmy...and so many other friends that just need a blessing today.

Cindy
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 27th, 2005 at 07:59 AM
Our good friend, Dan, was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor 3 weeks ago. Since then, the tumor has tripled in size. It is now completely under the left side of his rib cage, in front of his heart pushing against it, and down into his abdomin as far down as his groin. His 5 year survival rate is 20-30%, but I'm a huge believer of miracles. Please pray for him. He has a daughter who is 2 and a son who is due in December...just after Christmas. They will be starting chemo for him soon...if not already.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 27th, 2005 at 09:30 AM
angell angell angell angell Miracles do happen!!!! When I was a preteen a good friend of mine Daniel was diagnosed with cancer, and it had spread too...Well we all prayed right there for him and the next time he went to the dr's it had disappeared....they were baffled...Prayer really does work & I surely will be praying for your friend Dan. His family needs him. angell angell angell angell
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 27th, 2005 at 08:50 PM
"I wish for you..."
Comfort on difficult days,
Smiles when sadness intrudes,
Rainbows to follow the clouds,
Laughter to kiss your lips,
Sunsets to warm your heart
Gentle hugs when spirits sag,
Friendships to brighten your being,
Beauty for your eyes to see,
Confidence for when you doubt,
Faith so that you can believe,
Courage to know yourself,
Patience to accept the truth,
And love to complete your life.
God Bless you!

I asked the Lord to bless you
As I prayed for you today
To guide you and protect you
As you go along your way....
His love is always with you
His promises are true
No matter what the tribulation
You know He will see us through
So, when the road you're traveling on
Seems difficult at best
Give your problems to the Lord
And God will do the rest.
Posted By: Steph321 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - October 29th, 2005 at 05:28 AM
I am praying for all of those mentioned here. angell I have seen prayer work so many times. Hold on to the Lord!
Posted By: JV Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 4th, 2005 at 08:54 PM
weezie loved that poem you posted. Saying prayers all the time for everybody posted here as well as Our forum family dailey. Thanks for all your prayers for me and my mother. G-d Bless ,keep and guide you all. I hope everyone is blessed as much as I have been.
Jimmy
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 8th, 2005 at 07:39 AM
Good News!

Robyn and Chuck have made it home again!

Because his lung was not allowed to expand for 12 days while the healing to the nerve occurred, it is still not working at capacity. But each day as it continues to practice working, it becomes a bit more elastic again and hopefully soon he will be breathing at full capacity once more.

They are exhausted from the ordeal, but glad to be home and very, very grateful Chuck did as well as he did throughout everything.

Thanks so for all your prayers; they meant so much to all of us.

Merme
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 8th, 2005 at 10:02 AM
THAT IS GOOD NEWS!!!

Oh to be home in one's home,
Your own bed, your own pillows,
your own blankies...
That helps in the recovery to be back
where you just feel more comfortable..

Hope Chuck's feelin' kissies better thumbup !!!
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 9th, 2005 at 08:22 PM
Hi everyone ~

Maxi's little brother, Danforth, was hospitalized yesterday morning. His mom had taken him to a specialist to see whether or not he has asthma. He was so sick at the office, the doctor called for an ambulance to take him the short distance and wouldn't allow the family to drive him over.

Danforth (DJ) will be 4 next month. When he was at the office, he was only oxygenating at 84%. After about 12 hours of large doses of medications and breathing treatments, they got him up to 94%. The doc thinks he will need to stay in a few days to stabilize adequately.

His mom phoned me last night for advice, remembering that Maxi had been diagnosed at age 18 months, and DJ's pulmonologist is also Maxi's. So I was able to share with her a few tips about the early weeks of learning all the information and getting good support into the home and a careful routine established for the treatments he will need.

She and I have not spoken in several months so I'm glad she called about this. She is also in an awkward spot because less than a week ago she had that big weight loss surgery and isn't fully recovered herself yet. The hospital unit he is in has beds for the parents so she is able to stay round the clock with him but I know that is also hard on her.

Fortunately, he is in a top-notch facility and will get good care and she will get excellent education.

So please pray for them.
Thanks,
Merme
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 9th, 2005 at 08:51 PM
Praying for all of our Garden Helper family and their friends' and families needs...

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 9th, 2005 at 08:51 PM
Prayin' Merme!!! kissies kissies angell

teech Here's an FYI tip for some people with asthma
to help a wee~bit if no medication is available
at the time the attack...

A can of any soda with CAFFEINE...
Pepsi/Mountain Dew.. finish the whole can..
**Don't gulp but sip reasonable vigorously..**
(and don't give pop on a regular basis, as
this then can cause an immunity to build up
and then be uneffective.. give a different type of pop than one would normally drink... does that make sense?)

And anything like a HALLS cough drop or mentholated.. so it will open up the airways..
They really are quite handy tips especially if used in the very beginning of an attack...
They can almost cut the attack in half.. if not
thwart it from the git~go..
or at least lessen the effects as to how much medicine might have to be used later on...
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 9th, 2005 at 08:52 PM
Hi Dixie wavey muggs muggs muggs
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 9th, 2005 at 09:04 PM
Hey, Weezie! wavey

I remember giving my daughter strong, hot, black coffee before leaving the house to go to the ER during an asthma attack before the doctors prescribed nebulizer treatments and the Epi-pen to help out.

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 9th, 2005 at 09:21 PM
Yep anything with CAFFEINE..
That opens up the airways *or at least keeps
them from really restricting tightly*

I always suggest something that they normally
won't/don't drink on a regular basis..
so there's an effectiveness to the body instead
of complacancy...

I even have a bottle of Pespi for my oldest at school in the nurses' office for just such a case..
that they can give him that instead to cut it
off...and he's pretty good at thwarting them
ahead of time..

Also... when he's sick... and has difficulties in
breathing and you can just sort of hear a wheez..
and it's not time for the breather yet..
*you're only supposed to use them "X" amounts of times during the course of a day...
So I'll give him some..in between the times to use it..
and he says, for his type of asthma, it's a big difference..
And I really think **IMHO** that it's better for the body to do it's own healin' than with alot of over the counter medicine.. and if I can find some that relatively safe and easy and doable..
I'll try that first..
However with that said, I would never substitute for real medicine in a full blown attack..

I just always less it best, because if you depend on too much on too much medicine.. you have to keep using more and more to help...

And then what?? When you've used the highest
amount and there's nothing higher to use...
*or maybe I watch too many Sci~fi movies* wink wink
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 10th, 2005 at 08:17 PM
Please keep my friend Nancy M. in your prayers for the next 48 hours. Yesterday late afternoon she had a quadruple bypass and is still in the ICU at least until sometime tonight. Nancy is the leader of our volunteer prayer chain at church and it feels so odd that she is on the list!

However, she is in the very best place possible. MMC is Maine's premiere cardiac surgery facility and I know from personal experience how skilled and gifted those people are... loving, too.

The first couple of days post-op can be so difficult though, so all prayers are appreciated.

Merme
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 10th, 2005 at 08:23 PM
UPDATE ON DANFORTH (DJ)

I heard from his mom last night that he will be allowed to go home today. We are grateful at how rapidly he's improved.

I had mentioned that she request an asthma nurse to work with them for a time until they figure out his best protocol for management, and she did. So they will be seeing the asthma nurse every other week and I am so glad about that!

DJ is a very sweet child. He doesn't much like the fact that his mom had that weight loss operation and now can't eat "the good stuff". So he offers her a bit of his Halloween candy or a taste of his ice cream and she reminds him that she can't eat anything with sugar in it. Then he looks at her and asks "So, you want to smell it?" and then shakes his head "I told you not to have that surgery!" Later, while watching TV he heard an ad for a sugar free product and came running to her "Mommy, I found something you can eat!" and repeated the entire ad to her. He's just a sweetheart.

I'm so relieved he is doing better AND that they will get to come home today. I know she also badly needs the rest.

Thanks for your prayers
Merme
Posted By: Merme Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 13th, 2005 at 05:33 AM
Hi everyone ~

I just got word that my Aunt Berdella (age 81) is in Hospice now.

She was doing so well too, after a successful battle against colon cancer over the summer.

Then she had a stroke the other day and can't eat. She doesn't want a permanent feeding tube, so she went into hospice.

Her daughters who live in FL have returned home to be with her. She is hospitalized near the one shc lives with for part of the year.

Prayers for a peaceful end. Strength and peace for her family. The girls are upset doubly because when she does speak, she tells them that her deceased-for-many-decades husband is coming to take her home.

I'm so sad tonight for them all. Wish I could be there.

Merme
Posted By: weezie13 Re: a prayer & get well list 2 - November 13th, 2005 at 06:05 AM
Prayers for a peaceful end. Strength and peace for her family. The girls are upset doubly because when she does speak, she tells them that her deceased-for-many-decades husband is coming to take her home.
Merme, you tell those girls, that that is a good thing... a gentle, and loving way to go.
To have a loved one, come and greet them at HEAVEN'S DOOR, what a Blessed thing to have happen!!!
kissies angell
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]