This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#120151 July 22nd, 2005 at 08:51 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Cindy, what happened with your brother?
We won't find out about the leukemia test for a few more days.

I'm PM'ing the rest of my reply.....

kissies

Cindy

#120152 July 22nd, 2005 at 09:29 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Sheri, my thoughts and prayers are with you. A parent is always a parent..good or bad. Unfortunately...I had a very cruel father...who got worse as he got older. He died a very harsh death, but my sis & I were there..although we couldn't be in the room with him until he reach the state of unconciousness. We had nothing but a HUGE mess after his passing...his estate was in an awful mess... he had never re-married and he made sure we got nothing. Which was fine, we wanted nothing.I said all of that to maybe help you know that even though there was not a healthy relationship there...he was your father and there WILL be grieving. And, I wanted to assure you that you are in our thoughts & prayers. luv

#120153 July 25th, 2005 at 06:54 AM
I ended up going to the hospital because I talked to his wife again and she was crying and said that she thought he "is just holding on until he sees you girls again." He was in a coma the whole time I was there, which was Friday, so I don't know. One of my other sisters went Friday afternoon. He died Saturday morning at 9:30. I'm not going to the funeral or visitation. I don't know about my other sisters.

#120154 July 25th, 2005 at 07:19 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Sheri...
I don't really know what to say.
I'm glad you went to the hospital.

You still have my prayers...and condolences.

Your friend,
Cindy

#120155 July 25th, 2005 at 09:10 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
[Linked Image]
Sheri...you are in my thoughts & prayers!

#120156 July 26th, 2005 at 06:45 AM
Thanks.

#120157 July 28th, 2005 at 11:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay girls...this is a prayer request that hits close to home and is pretty personal, but I really think it's worth sharing because prayers will be needed...

My 15 year old nephew is being released Sunday from rehab. My sister found out he had been huffing paint, doing certain drugs, and drinking...he got involved with a bad crowd and I think he likes to fit in and with peer pressure it isn't hard to fall into bad things like these....He's not a terrible kid....he has a supportive, loving family--and it broke all of our hearts when this was all going on--but I believe sending him away was for the best....My sister is a single mom and had a hard time being there at the house in the evening because of her job...so when she'd get home he'd be out. Anyway, he's been in there for 2 months...I've sent him about 15 cards, and I miss him a ton....I helped raise him when he was little, back when I lived with my sis....I can't wait to see him, and the counselors have said that he's really shown a lot of improvement....He is required to attend AA meetings, and NA meetings when he gets out....actually he asked my sis to buy him a frame so he could put up his graduation certificate they give him...so that's sort of a good sign, he must be proud of himself if he wants to put it up...

Pray for him please...his name is Cory and I'm scared he'll fall back into his old ways once he gets out and is at school around the same kids....it terrifies me actually....I mean huffing paint can kill you.....so any prayers are welcome...like I said he's not a bad kid really...he loves his little sister, and helps out around the house, and to talk to him you'd never know he did all of the stuff he's done...

Thanks you guys!

#120158 July 28th, 2005 at 11:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Special prayers going out to Cory(I have a grand-nephew by the same name)

G-Mom grinnnn

#120159 July 28th, 2005 at 11:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Gmom.....Sunday we are all meeting at Dennys because he wants a Lumberjack Slam...he said the food in there was worse than school food....LOL I can't WAIT to see him!

The morning he left I got a rare hug from him.....that was when I was really depressed and he was trying to cheer me up...well 2 minutes after he hugged me my sis had him in the car on the way to rehab(he had NO clue he was going)....luckily for her he didn't put up a fight.

#120160 July 29th, 2005 at 09:14 AM
Thinking about food - seems right for a 15 year old. I'll put him on my prayer list.

#120161 July 30th, 2005 at 09:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks so much Sheri, it really means a lot to me because I love him so much, and want the best for him in life! He was always my little sidekick/partner in crime.....You know, being the aunt I was WAY cooler than being his mom...LOL It's almost Sunday and I can't wait....plus we remodeled his bedroom and all contributed something to it so I can't wait to see his reaction to that!

#120162 July 30th, 2005 at 09:56 AM
Loz,

Your entire family will be in my prayers. Something like this does not affect just Cory but everyone around him and you will all need strength to support him now that he is home. I hope that all goes well!

#120163 July 30th, 2005 at 09:59 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Loz...I can relate to this bigtime...

My sister's son did the same thing...was huffing paint constantly. My mom went out to her car one morning and found him passed out with a paper bag full of gold spray paint still in his hand. This was several years ago...
He's had his ups and downs since then, but has never had any counseling or rehab. Your nephew is fortunate to have people who care enough about him to get him into rehab.

I will definitely keep your nephew in my prayers.

Cindy

#120164 July 31st, 2005 at 01:00 AM
J
J
Loz..You and your lovely family must be treading on egg shells, lt's so sad when young people get caught up in this type of thing. Especially when they come from a loving home. I think you are right when you say about peer pressure.
No matter how loving and caring a family is unfortunately they spend most of their time with their friend's, and if they are a bad lot, they either go with the flow or get bullied.
First impressions are good e-g Food, and that he is proud of his graduation certificate.
Will pray for Cory you and all the family.

Bless doreen.

#120165 July 31st, 2005 at 01:10 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Loz all my prayers for your family and Cory(must be a popular name) I too have a great nephew named Cory he was injured in a Tornado this spring almost lost his arms. Loz I will pm you on this subject.
Jimmy

#120166 July 31st, 2005 at 02:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something like this does not affect just Cory but everyone around him
Triss, you are so right...it really put my family into turmoil....For instance, mom wanted him to get help but didn't want him "sent away"...it'd been threatened a lot but never done, so I think she was shocked when it happened....And when mom isn't happy the whole family is in an uproar...although she did come around and realized that it was for the best....

Cindy--Cory was just lucky....Allison didn't know what to do with him anymore and luckily for her the insurance she has pays for everything.....she could never afford it herself, being a single mother and all...What is it with kids and huffing??? I don't get it at all....it's so dangerous.... frown

so sad when young people get caught up in this type of thing. Especially when they come from a loving home.
Doreen, it is VERY sad kissies

#120167 July 31st, 2005 at 03:01 AM
Loz... I am so glad your mom came around. Mom's are always the leaders of the family and if she is behind something then she can rally others to that cause and in the end, that is what will help Cory. He is one very lucky boy to have so many people who care about him and I hope that he is now on the road to recovery and understands that by risking his life like that, he was hurting more than himself.

#120168 July 31st, 2005 at 03:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope he realized all of that Triss--one good thing about the rehab is that he's had counseling every day since he got there....plus they did get to do some fun stuff like go swimming and to the park...so it wasn't a total locked up kind of place....

Tomorrow is the big day...Dennys at 10 for breakfast then after we all hang out for a while I'll come back and let you all know how it went....

#120169 July 31st, 2005 at 04:21 AM
Looking forward to hear how it all went.

#120170 July 31st, 2005 at 04:28 AM
I know you're excited and a little apprehensive, but I'll bet it turns out ok.

#120171 August 1st, 2005 at 02:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well--it's been great.....There were 10 of us meeting at Dennys....and we were the last ones to get there....I was walking up to the door and out bursts Cory and he comes up and gives me a great big hug!!!! Then he shook hands and hugged Mark.....I was so happy. I wasn't sure if he'd be too embarrassed to hug me in public or not....And he loved his room remodel so much...He was in such a good mood...He put on a few pounds, but that's okay---he's tall and thin anyway--now he just has a little belly....Figure that's from not doing drugs--because now he's actually been eating normal.

It was so great getting to see him......before he left he was usually moody and cranky(because of the drugs), now he was all friendly and happy like the old Cory I remember.

#120172 August 1st, 2005 at 02:28 AM
I am so happy to hear that the reunion went so well and that Cory is back to his happy ole self. What a wonderful day it must have been for your entire family!

#120173 August 1st, 2005 at 02:36 AM
loz ~

What such good news you gave us all this morning!

So now that he is out of the formal part of the rehab, will there be any sort of follow up care? Counseling, support groups, a chem-free place or two to hang out with other teens?

Please keep us posted on his continuing progress!

Merme

#120174 August 1st, 2005 at 02:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a few pics of him...Me and my partner in crime when he was just a little guy....It was all crumpled up because it was just a photo booth picture in a mall....

[Linked Image]

Here he was in May getting ready to go to the prom....The suit was pretty big on his shoulders, but he didn't care....LOL He didn't decide he was going until the last minute so he had to borrow a suit off of my sisters friend....

[Linked Image]

And yes, he has to go to either AA or NA meetings for I believe 3 months...and counseling too I think my sis said... thumbup

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard