A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: pcgrav A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 06:18 AM
I thought it might be nice for us to have a place just to list our names during the time that our friend afgreyparrot (Cindy) is not with us so when she gets back she can see how many times she was thought of and missed... So here it is...
smile Hurry Back Cindy!
Posted By: Merme Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 06:28 AM
afgrey, our thoughts and prayers are with you every step of the way.

kissies

Merme
Posted By: phoenix Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 06:30 AM
cindy lou faye tim jim bob joe,
i sincerely hope all goes well during and after your surgery.We will miss you kissies hurry back to us!! i'm going to say a prayer for you tonite. We will be "holding your hand" during and after your opperation kissies luv to you
Posted By: duckie Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 06:47 AM
weird and wonderful bird lady :rolleyes:

Be well......

I Love you.

Shari
Posted By: tkhooper Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 01:49 PM
Cindy,

You have my prayers, well wishes and thought. I hope that your recovery goes quickly and well. Come back to us stronger than ever. You are a major source of strength and motivation around here.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 02:23 PM
Completely overlooked this thread this morning (need MORE coffee) but I posted my thoughts in the "prayers for sis" thread.

My prayers & thoughts will be with you luv Cindy Friend!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 02:42 PM
[Linked Image]

G-Mom cool
Posted By: princessazlea Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 04:14 PM
Cindy,
Get well soon. We are all missing you, already. kissies
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 04:17 PM
[Linked Image]

Cindy ~ once again wishing you a very speedy and smooth recovery.
Hope to see you back here lickety-split!
Posted By: Francine Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 04:36 PM
Hi,cindy,

hoping everything went well and is gonna be better.

like a flower you ll come back.

have a good recovery!

flw
Posted By: Meg Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 25th, 2005 at 07:58 PM
Cindy, wishing you the speediest of recoveries! Hope to see you back on the forum real soon.

Meg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 26th, 2005 at 03:27 AM
kissies cindy, hurry back...
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 26th, 2005 at 03:40 AM
Miss you kissies flw
Posted By: JV Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 26th, 2005 at 03:55 AM
Cindy my hopes and prayers are with you. I have asked my SPECIAL ANGEL to watch over you. she will hold your hand during the surgery and your recovery. angell we all love you and will miss you. (I'm not good at this type thing eyes always water)
Jimmy
Posted By: catlover Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 26th, 2005 at 03:17 PM
angell angell angell angell angell angell angell and here's a couple of cups worth muggs of pain killers to help your recovery.
Posted By: tamara Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 26th, 2005 at 11:26 PM
Hoping your feeling better, get well soon. flw
Posted By: MissJamie Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 27th, 2005 at 04:30 AM
hey cindy! hurry up and get back on your toesies because everybody knows that nobody can last too long without some vitamin C(Cindy!) I'm just kidding....get well soon and drink plenty of orange juice! (spiked with whatever you want maybe it'll help a little with the pain idea ) lol laugh
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 27th, 2005 at 05:25 AM
Just to let everyone know that I have been posting updates on Cindy in the "News from Cindy" thread as I hear from her. luv
Posted By: adirondack Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 27th, 2005 at 04:07 PM
cindy --- grey parrot.
iwish you the best and pray for your full/speedy recovery. angell
Posted By: adirondack Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - May 27th, 2005 at 04:21 PM
wondering if i can get on list
to get relief from the fibro and the 'gazillion' things that acompany it.
plus for drs to find what is wrong in right upper quadrant and fix it.
plus to keep my boys safe.
(oldest is in Iraq and youngest is out of state staying at oldest's apartment so it is occupied while he is deployed).
and for chest pains to stop happening.
and for my financial situation to improve .
thank you- i will definately appreciate this and i definately surely need prayers sentup.
hugs luv
cindy lou
Posted By: Meg Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 4th, 2005 at 04:18 PM
Cindy Lou, of course, you're in our thoughts and prayers as well. I know what it's like to have a loved one in a dangerous situation, and financial strain. I cannot relate to the pain you must have, but I do know I've read it can be pretty bad. I hope for your days to be as painfree as possible.

Meg
Posted By: pcgrav Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 6th, 2005 at 04:27 AM
May God Bless and Keep you and your loved ones in His peace and Loving Care...
Posted By: rue anemone Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 9th, 2005 at 11:59 PM
afgreyparrot you are in my thoughts and prayers
Posted By: LF from MC Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 10th, 2005 at 03:32 AM
Hi Cindy, I haven't been here in a while, and seen this thread, and just wanted you to know, your are in my prayers, and hope you will be better soon. flw flw

Lots of love,
Lorraine
Posted By: adirondack Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 11th, 2005 at 02:12 AM
please let me know how you are doing,cindy..
hugs
cindy lou
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 18th, 2005 at 09:58 AM
I am doing great.
Thank you all for the prayers.

Now, I'm asking for some more...for my good friend Vanessa (4ruddy).

She is very sick. ters

Cindy
Posted By: duckie Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 18th, 2005 at 10:16 AM
eek Oh sheet.........

I'm praying for you, Vanessa.

luv Shari
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 18th, 2005 at 10:28 AM
The little Peanut was sick this morning when I talked to Vanessa...throwing up.

I am so worried about them.

Cindy
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 19th, 2005 at 05:57 AM
For anyone who hasn't seen this.....
4 Ruddy (Vanessa) is very sick.
Please remember her in your prayers.
thumbup

Cindy Sue
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 20th, 2005 at 09:13 AM
Thank you my sweet Cindy Friend! Didn't mean to scare you...but I have been VERY sick. Finally made it out of bed for the first time since Friday...I am MOVING really slow. But, am thinking I may live after all...darn it! Thank you all for the PMs and sweet thought...you just don't know how much it means when your friends rally behind you! You guys are the BEST!!! luv
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 21st, 2005 at 05:15 PM
It's me again...
...with another one.

Please pray for Brennan.

Cindy
Posted By: Meg Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 21st, 2005 at 05:35 PM
Awwwe, Brennan? Loads of prayers will be heading his way from all the garden helpers here, I'm sure.

Meg
Posted By: princessazlea Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 21st, 2005 at 05:37 PM
Your not having much luck lately are you Cindy?
sending prayers to Brennan. kissies angell
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 21st, 2005 at 06:55 PM
Prayers for Brennan are on the way to Heaven now.

Dianna
Posted By: pcgrav Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 12:25 AM
I'm sending you mine and a special one with Matthew to his Youth Conference this week so the prayers will be tenfold... God be with you & yours Cindy.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 01:02 AM
[Linked Image] prayers & hugs...prayers & hugs!!!!
Posted By: sybil Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 08:28 AM
Lots of good wishes luv luv
Posted By: Merme Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 08:44 AM
Brennan, on the list!

Let us know how he is doing, m'kay?

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 08:49 AM
Brennan isn't feeling much better today, but hopefully all the antibiotics will kick in and he'll be back to his old self again. I sure miss him.

He has a VERY bad ear infection.
Thank God Rachel took him to the doctor as soon as it started. It's pretty bad. ters

And, while he was at the pediatrician, the doctor checked some other things that Rachel was concerned about, and the doctor agrees that he needs to go back to the Shriner's Hospital for some more tests for complications of the bone disease he has.
ters ters ters
When he has these tests, we are always pretty nervous.
He has been very blessed to even be able to walk...let alone ride his bicycle and play.

Thank you for keeping him in your prayers.
He's a very sick little boy right now.

Cindy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 08:54 AM
Sending lots of get well wishes for Brennan.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 09:07 AM
Thank you...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 09:25 AM
That is the BEST pic of him Cindy Faye! He is a keeper for sure! It just makes my heart hurt knowing he isn't feeling good...it is such a helpless feeling when you are waiting on meds to kick in and can't take away the pain...NOW!!!!! Give him a big ol hug for all of us!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 09:43 AM
That is the BEST pic of him Cindy Faye!
You think so?
This one is second, then!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 07:24 PM
He is so precious! grinnnn

Dianna
Posted By: sybil Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 08:34 PM
That's one handsome young man
Please give him a big hug from Canada. kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 09:00 PM
He is so precious!
That's one handsome young man
Thank you! thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 22nd, 2005 at 10:06 PM
I hadn't seen that 2nd pic before...and you can tell he is ALL BOY! But that first one will always be my favorite...something about a boy in a baseball cap that steals my heart! I bought Peanut one last year that is killer...and he wont wear it...wont leave anything on his head now....he use to (even wore antlers all Christmas year before last) but for some reason...nothing stays on the ol noggin! Hope Brennen is better today..woke up thinking about him several times last night!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 23rd, 2005 at 06:34 PM
Is Brennan feeling any better today?

I hope so,I've been concerned for him kissies

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 24th, 2005 at 05:34 AM
I need prayers please about a job situation.
Posted By: jogger Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 25th, 2005 at 12:18 AM
Cindy, to help Brennans geography along, Give him a message from me "Get well soon little fellow, you are so brave, and handsome".
Cindy what a terrible year you are having, am really feeling for you and your's, it's about time something went right for you. How are you now? on the mend l hope. Have given up sending pms to you, your box is always full Ha Ha.

Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way friendxxx

Doreen.

L
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 25th, 2005 at 09:47 AM
Bestofour...
I had a big reply all typed up to you and jogger this morning, but ended up with too many graemlins in it (can you believe that?) and when I hit the back button to take some out, my post went *poof*! mad
(O.K...that was graemlin #1...I gotta keep count from now on!)

Anyway...so I just PM'd you after my post poofed.
I hope you get your job situation straightened out...I am praying for you.

Jogger...
Brennan is doing much better. He got to get in his pool today after his doctor visit, as long as he didn't dive or go under water. I wasn't feeling so great today so I went over and sat by the pool for a few hours. If I'd stayed home I would have done something stupid again...like build a rock wall or something. :rolleyes:

I printed out all the well wishes from this topic and took them to him and Rachel. I showed him where England was...and the first thing he asked was if hurricanes came there "like they did at G-Mom's". (Every time I mention G-Mom he says "She's the one with the hurricane!") laugh

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 25th, 2005 at 06:38 PM
She's the one with the hurricane!
[Linked Image]

kissies to Brennan!

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 27th, 2005 at 07:54 AM
I'm sorry Cindy Joline...I forgot to tell you in the PM (the one you never replied to lala ) that I was so glad to hear that Brennon was feeling better.
The disaster/crisis week-end is officially OVER! Peanut didn't go home with Uncle brother Darin...I just felt like the whole ordeal this week-end was too much and we all needed to REST..and when the kids feel better then we will try again.
With all of that, I just want you all to remember us in your prayers tonight...Oh heck...just make us on your list with a permenent marker! Hubby takes his test results to the Doc tomorrow at 2pm...another trip to Texarkana...but we should know what is going on with him after this visit. Sorry to complain so much...this has REALLY been an eventful year so far and I am RELALY tired!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 27th, 2005 at 11:21 PM
I know ya'll have done alot of praying for Missy this past year...ya'll have seen her through 4 strept throats and 2 pnuemonias.

Thursday morning she goes in for surgery,the Dr.s said she has to have her tonsils out because they are not healing properly and will continue to be a dangerous source of infection for her. They might remove her Adenoids too. She goes in at 6am and will hopefully be home that night.

We sure would appreciate some prayers on Thursday kissies

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: pcgrav Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 27th, 2005 at 11:36 PM
YOU GOT IT G-MOM!!!
prayers for Missy!!-and lots of 'em too!!!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 28th, 2005 at 10:34 AM
We will keep her in our thoughts & prayers...she has been through the ringer this year...gotta get that baby WELL!!!! She is such a cutie! I am praying that this does the job and takes care of it for GOOD! kissies luv
Posted By: Meg Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 28th, 2005 at 05:53 PM
Awwwe, sorry to hear Missy needs to have surgery. Well, at least she'll get ice cream, right? wink Take care Missy! You'll be in all our thoughts & prayers.

Meg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 28th, 2005 at 07:13 PM
Thank you!

I need a little more from ya'll.....George...lost his younger sister this morning,they were 2 years apart and very close. Rita sufferred a heart attack and died before the ambulance got there. Georges mom had just gone to visit her so she was there holding Ritas hand as she passed.

Rita was 50 years young and was a warm, witty,full of life person and she will be DEEPLY missed!

Please pray for George and his family,they are devastated by the news ters

G-Mom ters
Posted By: Meg Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 28th, 2005 at 07:15 PM
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! That's so young..
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 28th, 2005 at 07:58 PM
Oh, man...that's awful. frown
ters
I'm so sorry.....so very sorry.

Cindy
Posted By: pcgrav Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 28th, 2005 at 08:07 PM
[Linked Image]
I'm sorry for you all-- my prayers are yours...
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 28th, 2005 at 08:18 PM
G-mom - so sorry to hear of your loss. It's so devastating when these things happen so suddenly.

It certainly seems that "when it rains, it pours", doesn't it?

I wish Missy well with her surgery on Thursday.
I also wish that I had had my tonsils removed when I was young - so glad you are doing this for her now. Mine are a constant source of infection and discomfort, and I have never gone a year without at least one battle with strep throat - ever!!! Drs. don't like to do that surgery on adults, so it's not something I'm looking into...

Sending Missy and you and your husband teddy bears hugs, and a moment's peace... Lynne
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 28th, 2005 at 09:58 PM
My condolences to you & G~Dad & family. Our thoughts & prayers are with you! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 28th, 2005 at 10:03 PM
Gmom, I'm so sorry... kissies Extra prayers for Missy too..... angell
Posted By: jogger Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 29th, 2005 at 05:44 AM
ters for you and George, and the rest of the family, l know what it's like to lose a precious member of the family so young, unfortunately it seem's to be happening a lot in our family of late. In the last three years l have lost three cousins, and have had to watch the parent's bury them. All the parent's said the same, we do not expect to bury our children, So So Sad.
As for missy don't worry the younger they have the op the better. I was 13 when l had my tonsils and adenoid's out, when l woke the next day after the op, all the young ones were talking and laughing, l could not talk for a week.
They all went home before me ha ha.

Condolences and lots of love Doreenxxx
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 30th, 2005 at 09:02 AM
I'm praying for peace for all of you.
Posted By: sybil Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - June 30th, 2005 at 10:40 AM
I'm going to send alot, a whole lot of prayers from Canada,so sorry for your loss,I just turned 50 and that kinda takes you for a loop.
I really hope thing get better for you and your family luv
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 1st, 2005 at 07:18 PM
Thanks ya'll kissies

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: princessazlea Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 3rd, 2005 at 07:05 PM
G-mom
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Condolences to you and your family. angell
[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 11th, 2005 at 11:34 PM
Please remember Brennan in your prayers...
He's going to Shriner's hospital tomorrow for another bone scan.

...and my brother is undergoing tests as we speak...
...for leukemia.
ters
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 12th, 2005 at 01:55 AM
G-mom, I am so sorry to read of your loss and will be praying for your family to get through this difficult time. Praying for Missy and her surgery as well.

Cindy, your brother has, also, been added to my prayer list. Brennan has been on it and will continue to be so until you say he is better.

I continue to pray for all my forum friends that you all have peace in your lives.

Dianna
Posted By: Meg Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 14th, 2005 at 10:14 PM
Hmm. Haven't talked about it yet. Dr. think's it's just a good (bad) bruise, but without the discoloration. However, Steve's got a painful lump in his leg, and so they have ordered an MRI for today. I'm going with him this afternoon for his 3:45 appt. Good thoughts would be nice.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 14th, 2005 at 10:16 PM
Good thoughts would be nice.
How 'bout some good thoughts and some prayers as well...from Kentucky.

kissies
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 14th, 2005 at 10:25 PM
And some from SC as well ....

Dianna
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 22nd, 2005 at 08:02 AM
I just got a call from my mother that my father is dying. My parents have been divorced for at least 20 years and I've been estranged from my father. He was physically, mentally, and verbally abusive to us. He was an officer in the Army but he spent his money on whatever he wanted, like cars. We never had enough food, clothes, and I was constantly afraid of him. He went to Viet Nam twice while I was growing up and that was the best time of my childhood. There are 4 of us and all of us are estranged from him, so it's just not me feeling this way. After we were grown he came by my house a few times and once he sort of apologized. So I don't hold a grudge. I haven't seen him for many years though. I've seen his current wife 2 or 3 times and she was always nice. He has occasionally called during the last 2 or 3 years and we've always been cordial. One time he told me that he "wanted to have me to be his daughter again and have the same relationship that we had when we were all at home." I told him that I didn't want that. That those weren't good times for me because he was so mean. It was like he didn't even hear me. One time he said he wanted to give all of us some money. When he was in Viet Nam and after my parents divorced he never sent any money. Anyway, he had a heart attack about a month ago. I called the hospital but never got to talk to him. I talked to his wife. Tonight his sister in law called my mother and told her that he's back in the hospital, on morphine every 2 hours and that he's dying. His wife doesn't want his sisters to visit him, and told one of them that if "his daughters come to the funeral they will be escorted out." I called his hospital room, talked with his wife, and she was very cordial, but I won't go to the funeral. 2 of his sisters said they were there when he said that for his wife to give each "one of my girls $5,000.00 when I die." So that may be why she doesn't want anyone there. I'm sure it's not in writing and I don't want to fight her for any of his money. I didn't think I'd be upset but I guess it's always upsetting when a parent dies.

Cindy, what happened with your brother?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 22nd, 2005 at 08:51 AM
Cindy, what happened with your brother?
We won't find out about the leukemia test for a few more days.

I'm PM'ing the rest of my reply.....

kissies

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 22nd, 2005 at 09:29 AM
Sheri, my thoughts and prayers are with you. A parent is always a parent..good or bad. Unfortunately...I had a very cruel father...who got worse as he got older. He died a very harsh death, but my sis & I were there..although we couldn't be in the room with him until he reach the state of unconciousness. We had nothing but a HUGE mess after his passing...his estate was in an awful mess... he had never re-married and he made sure we got nothing. Which was fine, we wanted nothing.I said all of that to maybe help you know that even though there was not a healthy relationship there...he was your father and there WILL be grieving. And, I wanted to assure you that you are in our thoughts & prayers. luv
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 25th, 2005 at 06:54 AM
I ended up going to the hospital because I talked to his wife again and she was crying and said that she thought he "is just holding on until he sees you girls again." He was in a coma the whole time I was there, which was Friday, so I don't know. One of my other sisters went Friday afternoon. He died Saturday morning at 9:30. I'm not going to the funeral or visitation. I don't know about my other sisters.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 25th, 2005 at 07:19 PM
Sheri...
I don't really know what to say.
I'm glad you went to the hospital.

You still have my prayers...and condolences.

Your friend,
Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 25th, 2005 at 09:10 PM
[Linked Image]
Sheri...you are in my thoughts & prayers!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 26th, 2005 at 06:45 AM
Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 28th, 2005 at 11:31 PM
Okay girls...this is a prayer request that hits close to home and is pretty personal, but I really think it's worth sharing because prayers will be needed...

My 15 year old nephew is being released Sunday from rehab. My sister found out he had been huffing paint, doing certain drugs, and drinking...he got involved with a bad crowd and I think he likes to fit in and with peer pressure it isn't hard to fall into bad things like these....He's not a terrible kid....he has a supportive, loving family--and it broke all of our hearts when this was all going on--but I believe sending him away was for the best....My sister is a single mom and had a hard time being there at the house in the evening because of her job...so when she'd get home he'd be out. Anyway, he's been in there for 2 months...I've sent him about 15 cards, and I miss him a ton....I helped raise him when he was little, back when I lived with my sis....I can't wait to see him, and the counselors have said that he's really shown a lot of improvement....He is required to attend AA meetings, and NA meetings when he gets out....actually he asked my sis to buy him a frame so he could put up his graduation certificate they give him...so that's sort of a good sign, he must be proud of himself if he wants to put it up...

Pray for him please...his name is Cory and I'm scared he'll fall back into his old ways once he gets out and is at school around the same kids....it terrifies me actually....I mean huffing paint can kill you.....so any prayers are welcome...like I said he's not a bad kid really...he loves his little sister, and helps out around the house, and to talk to him you'd never know he did all of the stuff he's done...

Thanks you guys!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 28th, 2005 at 11:38 PM
Special prayers going out to Cory(I have a grand-nephew by the same name)

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 28th, 2005 at 11:53 PM
Thank you Gmom.....Sunday we are all meeting at Dennys because he wants a Lumberjack Slam...he said the food in there was worse than school food....LOL I can't WAIT to see him!

The morning he left I got a rare hug from him.....that was when I was really depressed and he was trying to cheer me up...well 2 minutes after he hugged me my sis had him in the car on the way to rehab(he had NO clue he was going)....luckily for her he didn't put up a fight.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 29th, 2005 at 09:14 AM
Thinking about food - seems right for a 15 year old. I'll put him on my prayer list.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 30th, 2005 at 09:33 AM
Thanks so much Sheri, it really means a lot to me because I love him so much, and want the best for him in life! He was always my little sidekick/partner in crime.....You know, being the aunt I was WAY cooler than being his mom...LOL It's almost Sunday and I can't wait....plus we remodeled his bedroom and all contributed something to it so I can't wait to see his reaction to that!
Posted By: Triss Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 30th, 2005 at 09:56 AM
Loz,

Your entire family will be in my prayers. Something like this does not affect just Cory but everyone around him and you will all need strength to support him now that he is home. I hope that all goes well!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 30th, 2005 at 09:59 AM
Loz...I can relate to this bigtime...

My sister's son did the same thing...was huffing paint constantly. My mom went out to her car one morning and found him passed out with a paper bag full of gold spray paint still in his hand. This was several years ago...
He's had his ups and downs since then, but has never had any counseling or rehab. Your nephew is fortunate to have people who care enough about him to get him into rehab.

I will definitely keep your nephew in my prayers.

Cindy
Posted By: jogger Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 31st, 2005 at 01:00 AM
Loz..You and your lovely family must be treading on egg shells, lt's so sad when young people get caught up in this type of thing. Especially when they come from a loving home. I think you are right when you say about peer pressure.
No matter how loving and caring a family is unfortunately they spend most of their time with their friend's, and if they are a bad lot, they either go with the flow or get bullied.
First impressions are good e-g Food, and that he is proud of his graduation certificate.
Will pray for Cory you and all the family.

Bless doreen.
Posted By: JV Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 31st, 2005 at 01:10 AM
Loz all my prayers for your family and Cory(must be a popular name) I too have a great nephew named Cory he was injured in a Tornado this spring almost lost his arms. Loz I will pm you on this subject.
Jimmy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 31st, 2005 at 02:52 AM
Something like this does not affect just Cory but everyone around him
Triss, you are so right...it really put my family into turmoil....For instance, mom wanted him to get help but didn't want him "sent away"...it'd been threatened a lot but never done, so I think she was shocked when it happened....And when mom isn't happy the whole family is in an uproar...although she did come around and realized that it was for the best....

Cindy--Cory was just lucky....Allison didn't know what to do with him anymore and luckily for her the insurance she has pays for everything.....she could never afford it herself, being a single mother and all...What is it with kids and huffing??? I don't get it at all....it's so dangerous.... frown

so sad when young people get caught up in this type of thing. Especially when they come from a loving home.
Doreen, it is VERY sad kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 31st, 2005 at 03:01 AM
Loz... I am so glad your mom came around. Mom's are always the leaders of the family and if she is behind something then she can rally others to that cause and in the end, that is what will help Cory. He is one very lucky boy to have so many people who care about him and I hope that he is now on the road to recovery and understands that by risking his life like that, he was hurting more than himself.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 31st, 2005 at 03:05 AM
I hope he realized all of that Triss--one good thing about the rehab is that he's had counseling every day since he got there....plus they did get to do some fun stuff like go swimming and to the park...so it wasn't a total locked up kind of place....

Tomorrow is the big day...Dennys at 10 for breakfast then after we all hang out for a while I'll come back and let you all know how it went....
Posted By: Triss Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 31st, 2005 at 04:21 AM
Looking forward to hear how it all went.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - July 31st, 2005 at 04:28 AM
I know you're excited and a little apprehensive, but I'll bet it turns out ok.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - August 1st, 2005 at 02:07 AM
Well--it's been great.....There were 10 of us meeting at Dennys....and we were the last ones to get there....I was walking up to the door and out bursts Cory and he comes up and gives me a great big hug!!!! Then he shook hands and hugged Mark.....I was so happy. I wasn't sure if he'd be too embarrassed to hug me in public or not....And he loved his room remodel so much...He was in such a good mood...He put on a few pounds, but that's okay---he's tall and thin anyway--now he just has a little belly....Figure that's from not doing drugs--because now he's actually been eating normal.

It was so great getting to see him......before he left he was usually moody and cranky(because of the drugs), now he was all friendly and happy like the old Cory I remember.
Posted By: Triss Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - August 1st, 2005 at 02:28 AM
I am so happy to hear that the reunion went so well and that Cory is back to his happy ole self. What a wonderful day it must have been for your entire family!
Posted By: Merme Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - August 1st, 2005 at 02:36 AM
loz ~

What such good news you gave us all this morning!

So now that he is out of the formal part of the rehab, will there be any sort of follow up care? Counseling, support groups, a chem-free place or two to hang out with other teens?

Please keep us posted on his continuing progress!

Merme
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Prayer & Get Well List... - August 1st, 2005 at 02:48 AM
Here's a few pics of him...Me and my partner in crime when he was just a little guy....It was all crumpled up because it was just a photo booth picture in a mall....

[Linked Image]

Here he was in May getting ready to go to the prom....The suit was pretty big on his shoulders, but he didn't care....LOL He didn't decide he was going until the last minute so he had to borrow a suit off of my sisters friend....

[Linked Image]

And yes, he has to go to either AA or NA meetings for I believe 3 months...and counseling too I think my sis said... thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]