This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#118108 May 11th, 2005 at 03:16 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
why yes, yes it does. And so does the horse's doovers we have all over the place. LOL I already have 4 horses, 2 cats, 2 dogs, a couple of calves on the way, what's a couple of chickens???

#118109 May 12th, 2005 at 05:22 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I got lost for a few days.was a comp problem called "NEPHEW"I'm now password protected,but not "lets flip this switch"protected,but have told him a belt will remind him why I said STAY AWAY FROM THE COMP.
I have now added Galveston.He's a younger duck.Tex didn't like being away from Indy& would take 4 hours to stop squacking.so we've solved THAT problem.he's still yellow& about half their size.Tex& Indy feel so soft& fluffy right now.They all like my dianthus& were chomping on some nastruims.They go out to pond 7-8ish and leave pond at 7 pm and to bed at 9 pm.they won't go to black pond,they prefer the real pond(smart ducks)Everyone seems to enjoy seeing me chase my ducks to come in the evening.they won't follow me,but will run from me.mine don't care for diaper& guess will just keep moping it up when are inside.and when they sit in my lap and miss popping on towel...well duck poop is warm.lol I think my ducks are diveing in pond and killing my frogs,but have frogs still(Hubby just swore window was open and has said will shoot them if not quiet....I like to hear um.I found more tadpole eggs.showed to nephews today.they think is kewl)
I'm behind on pictures.being part of problem is I do them at neighbors house.I still have some on his computer to load and have 167 pics on my camera.

I can't wait for duck eggs.That will be a blast!

#118110 May 21st, 2005 at 04:51 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Ducks are doing fine.I went digging for more water lillys today as the ones in pond the leaves are lookin haggard.seems bugs land on pads& ducks peck pads eating bugs....then is the 7 pm round-up.chase ducks out of pond...and away from going under house,then chase and grab who you can.Indy always seems to get caught 1st.we learned we can also "herd them" with water hose.Its easy to catch them in house for bedtime.usually asleep beside food/water under dresser thinggy(its got 18-20 inches of space under it.)
I have to keep running the dogs out of there food& then 2 days ago the dog ran THEM out of their food....which they scattered EVERYWHERE.I also may not be able to get them to follow me on land.....but if am in their pond....they'll follow me was funny,then nephews thought I was nuts(I was flapping elbows going AFLAK AFLAK& the ducks were following me)& I hand fed them some tadpoles& a grasshopper.They also now want out before 7 am& when they jump off porch to ground they don't fall over& Galveston runs...jumps....dives...comes up halfway across pond.The older 2 Tex& Indy will submerge but tails stick up.
And tonight....when playing"chase the ducks round-up"my hair got tangled in my sheapeards hook& didn't even get the duck.lolBarry yelled"why'd you stop running?"I'm like "Help,,my hairs stuck..hey someone get me outta this" laugh laugh laugh
muggs

#118111 June 22nd, 2005 at 05:14 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I got DUCK PICTURES IN YAHHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!Now ya can lok at my babies.they done growed all their feathers now .I been adding tomatoes in their food also& lettuce and they'll even eat chicken,they still like that caviar in their pond though......they come to the door if I'm late feeding them& INDY is a fatty dude.He's took up with galveston(my galveston& Tex are gals)
go see um!

#118112 June 22nd, 2005 at 05:20 AM
Originally posted by njoynit:
....they'll follow me was funny,then nephews thought I was nuts(I was flapping elbows going AFLAK AFLAK& the ducks were following me)& I hand fed them...
I bet that was a sight to see! laugh laugh laugh Got pics of that?

I looked at your duck album. They look so sweet. Are ducks mean like geese? We had a goose once that chased us all around trying to peck us!

Dianna

#118113 June 22nd, 2005 at 07:44 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I cool LOVE~LOVE~LOVE luv those ducks!!!
Sooooooooooooooooooooo cute...
(the two with the darker beaks look just like
the duck we had, Donald)
Oh, I miss that duck.. they were good slug
getter's too..
*although, I don't miss the slimy p**p!!!
we never had them penned in anywhere's or anything.

#118114 June 23rd, 2005 at 06:49 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I've heard that geese are mean,but have heard sme that theirs was not...so maybe is in the rearing.......

I'll try a post of the aflack...when they do it again.they are quiet silly though.

#118115 June 23rd, 2005 at 10:20 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
njoynit...
I swear, I love looking at your pictures.
i just SMILE the whole time I'm lookin' at them.

You live in paradise, don't you?
I wish I could have a pond that big in my yard, with ducks. I have a 2 acre pond, but it's on the other side of town, and I don't get over there much...I need to move back to the farm!

.....but if am in their pond....they'll follow me was funny,then nephews thought I was nuts(I was flapping elbows going AFLAK AFLAK& the ducks were following me)
Is there any chance we could see a picture of THAT?
PLEASE???????? grinnnn

Cindy

#118116 June 23rd, 2005 at 10:53 AM
AFLAK!!! My friend has 2 ducks and everytime I go over there I aflak them and they just look at me like saying "what in the world is that human doing?!" lol!!

#118117 June 24th, 2005 at 04:53 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
yeah...my ducks talk about me all the time.they just chatter away and keep looking over at me....don't even have to turn my back.
So cindy....ya see the property albulm????is the motorless-go carts going downhill.it was a blast,but is TOO HOT now for that.Its a tarp pond& the ducks must really really love it cause they don't leave it much they hang out right there...sometimes venture in my flower beds eating.I yelled at them yesterday foir eating all the marigold blooms but one(Now how can I sow more....if they eating them.?)
The 2 with orange beaks are my females Tex& galveston.Galveston now has a black zip thinggy on his leg,but I can tell personality wise who is who.One of my girls has her quack,but I didn't catch who& didn't care at the moment...I was hot and ALL I WANTED WAS AIR!I usually wistle at them when i go in and out and if in yard.They like to be sprayed with the waterhose& when watering they drink around hydrant where it leaks.I kinda half hand feed them.I do their food in bowl(dog food/duck mash& tomotaoes or whatever is in fridge,lettuce,beans(beans...we had chili,,,i did dishes and they were in drain...I just dropped in their bowl,red beans,they gobbled right up)they've ate pop corn,mac& chesse.
oh and we seen them race for a bug& fight over it...was a grasshopper.I think they love those.Indy bared his chest up like "I'm the man...give me that bug!"We were laughing so hard.I was saying they needed to stop cause my stomach was hurting from laughing so hard.
and a miricle....so far today they have NOT knocked the water sprayer over in pond(yes....knocking on wood!)

#118118 July 21st, 2005 at 08:57 PM
S
S
they are so adorable! my mom has some Black Swedish ducks which look like they are wearing a black tuxedo (very little white on their chest). they hatch eggs every year and they are so adorable.

reading your posts always crack me up njoynit!

#118119 July 26th, 2005 at 11:30 PM
L
L
Come on gardenmom what about that poor little duck on the right. He stands there all day tapping his left leg dying to get in the water with the rest on them
PLEASE GIVE HIM A SWIM

Dave

#118120 August 1st, 2005 at 05:45 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I added a couple pictures of them eating.My USB ports are off vacation now....so I can now do pictures whenever I WANT clp I'll have to see which 5 gallon bucket my cam is in....and when I'm online....I can spot ya a cam on them(MSN *njoynit3 or YAHOO *njoynit03) I'll also learn if have enough ink to print those buy a salad get a salad from sonic coupons.

#118121 August 1st, 2005 at 10:56 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Those ducks are getting even cuter!!!
I want some!!! eek eek eek eek eek cool
Wish we could have them here in town...

I can't believe you feed them tomatoes...
*Don't they go into your garden and steal 'em
when you're not looking???*

#118122 August 9th, 2005 at 06:15 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a fence.that keeps EVERYONE out(ceept the squirrls,least they don't like what I grow.....THEY prefer my passion fruits"lil Ba@#%&*$")

They are cute.I really fixed their boat when putting a tomatoe cage around the pond pump.They haven't knocked it over yet,they do still try though....now they un do the line to the dolphin 10 or more times a day.smart ducks& they STILL talk about me.especially when I sleep in.I'd swear Galveston turned her nose up at me sunday.

#118123 August 9th, 2005 at 07:02 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I'd swear Galveston turned her nose up at me sunday.

Now that would have been a good picture..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard