This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#116423 August 21st, 2005 at 10:22 AM
OP Offline
TK - YOU are the sweetheart! Duh

Sometimes I get so nervous that I am almost hyperventilating -
so I talk myself into calming down.

Other times I just want to go to sleep
and escape it all until I can get to the doctor.

Other times, I eat too much, which is why I've gained back 5 of the 19 pounds that I lost (wrote about this in the positive changes thread).

And other times, like today, I force myself to go outside in the heat, and 98% humidity and clean up my gardens and visit my goldies in the bathtub pond. Freddy was not there today, but being outside with my flowers and birds and fish is very calming - I spent over 2 hours there, and was soaked by the time I came back indoors. The best therapy I've ever known!!!

I hope you, and everyone else here, are doing very well,
and I will continue to lean on you all for support, if that's ok? kissies

thanks... Lynne kit

#116424 August 21st, 2005 at 09:59 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
lean on me anytime you want to. I'll do my best to provide support and something entertaining to keep your mind off of it. I went out in the garden this morning too. Was absolutely wet by the time I came in but I felt rejuvenated too, so it was a good thing. I really need to hop in the shower before my roommate wakes up so I don't stink him out lol.

I'd still be out in the garden except that it's just gotten toooooo hot. Yesterdays cool down didn't last long enough.

#116425 August 23rd, 2005 at 06:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
{{{hugs}}} for you lynne... i'm praying for you... just been held up and couldn't get on for the last few weeks

#116426 August 31st, 2005 at 12:49 AM
OP Offline
eek eek eek GRRRRRRRRR!!! mad mad mad

I just got off the phone with the dr's office.
Spoke with a different receptionist this time.
When I asked if it was at all possible to move up my appt., she replied
"have you faxed us a report about what's going on yet?"

WELL.... I WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO THAT
2 WEEKS AGO, BUT NO ONE TOLD ME TO!!!!!

They simply put me on the cancellation list...

She said when she receives it, she'll show it to the dr. and then he'll decide if they can move up my appt. WHAT THE @#$@^$????? Why can't they mention this up front and as routine????????
I have had a copy of my report for several weeks now, and would have gladly sent it any way they wanted!!!!

Of course, now, today, their fax machine is broken, so I have to call tomorrow morning at 9 to see if it's been fixed yet! I would drive over there, but it's 45 minutes away. And I have to take my daughter to an appt. in the other direction today.

Don't they realize that people's lives are on the line here, maybe? ters

#116427 August 31st, 2005 at 12:56 AM
Lynne,

That is just horrible. I cannot belive they would not tell you something so darn important. I am so sorry about that! Be sure and call them at the end of the day about the fax machine. If it is fixed by 9am tomorrow, that means they are workign on it today!

Still praying for you.

#116428 August 31st, 2005 at 08:48 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Triss!

My husband came home before they closed yesterday, and we were able to send the report in an e-mail. Of course the dr. isn't in today, so I have to wait til tomorrow before she can even show it to him...

"hurry up and wait..."

#116429 August 31st, 2005 at 08:50 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Don't get me started on doctors..
*Karen/Catlover and I go 'rounds 'bout nurses'*

Keep after them Lynne...
You have to be diligent!!! kissies thumbup

#116430 August 31st, 2005 at 09:20 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
"hurry up and wait..."
:rolleyes:
No, kidding.
And, don't get me started on doctors and INSURANCE.

You can have a life-threatening illness, and have to be sent from one doctor to the other one, then to another one, etc. until you finally end up at the doctor who diagnoses you (after waiting a month for each of the appointments)...and when you finally get there, they ask, "Why did you wait so long to have something done about this?"

mad

...sorry, I guess I almost got started, anyway.

Cindy

#116431 August 31st, 2005 at 09:42 PM
OP Offline
Just got off the phone with the receptionist. thumbup
The doctor looked at the report, and "he wasn't too concerned from what he saw" but they moved me up from Oct. 5th to Sept. 19th. While it's not all that soon, it's still an improvement.

I asked her what she meant by "not too concerned", and she said that she wrote down what he said - "he didn't see any worrysome characteristics". That is a relief, somewhat... but again, that's his opinion from the report, not having seen the films, or having done a physical exam.

So, my friends, I will be anxiously awaiting 19 more days til the preliminary appt. with him, and hopefully we can move quickly forward from that.

Thanks again for being my biggest support group -
love to you all! luv

#116432 August 31st, 2005 at 09:55 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Lynne glad you finally got the Dr. to respond. They love to jack people around. I am with Weezie and Cindy on the Dr. thing do not have any respect or trust for any of them. Hope you come out clean on all test. I am sending my prayers your way. angell
Jimmy

#116433 August 31st, 2005 at 10:03 PM
Praying for an even earlier cancellation for you, Lynne...

Dianna

#116434 August 31st, 2005 at 10:05 PM
Lynne,

Well that is a couple weeks less you have to wait and that is a good thing. I hope his thoughts on the report prove to be true and that indeed there will be nothing major going on but rather a very simple fix!

#116435 August 31st, 2005 at 10:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
more prayers

#116436 August 31st, 2005 at 10:26 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
They love to jack people around.
Very good choice of words...
I couldn't have said it better myself! thumbup

but they moved me up from Oct. 5th to Sept. 19th. While it's not all that soon, it's still an improvement.
Here's what gets me...
Yesterday when I was waiting to see the doctor, I heard the receptionist tell someone on the phone that the first opening they had for a new patient was October 24th. Because another doctor referred me to this one, and had his receptionist make my appointment while I was still at his office, I got in 8 days from then.

Also, yesterday while I was waiting I heard the receptionist call about 10 people that had appointments for Thursday and Friday, telling them that she was going to have to reschedule their appointments for Tuesday and Wednesday of next week because the doctor was going out of town. Now, if she could re-schedule these appointments for Tuesday and Wednesday, why did the person that called have to wait until the end of October to get in? And, why didn't I have to wait until the end of October to get in?
BECAUSE THEY CAN SEE YOU IF THEY WANT TO!

O.K.....I wasn't gonna get started. frown

But one more thing... laugh

(...never mind. I just deleted it.)

#116437 August 31st, 2005 at 11:33 PM
OP Offline
YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH CINDY!!!

How is it that a friend of mine was able to get her 18 year old son in with the surgeon that I always saw here, last week, because he's unhappy with the fact that he has some breast tissue, and I could not get in with this same doctor when I called 3 weeks ago until Sept. 8th????

Was this kid's embarassment more important than finding out what my lump is? I am not seeing this dr afterall - it was his partner who was such an @#$% a few weeks ago with me...,

But honestly - I really would like to try and understand how they make these appts.???!!! mad frown :p And do they have no conscience about whose situation might be life or death verses vanity or convenience? I am available 24/7 and have told that to all the offices where I try to get appts. but to no avail...

Cindy - I guess I'm started up now too!

#116438 September 1st, 2005 at 12:14 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Cindy - I guess I'm started up now too!
[Linked Image]

When I was in with the doctor yesterday, and he was telling me the tests I needed (before he even examined me!) I asked him if he could narrow the test list down because I didn't have insurance. He was rather rude to me then...said he was a doctor, and that was his occupation, and he wasn't in the charity business. I wasn't asking him for anything...just to NOT order any tests that weren't absolutely necessary! He said "There are places people "like you" can go to get some assistance."
mad
What did he mean by people "LIKE YOU"?

I don't qualify for any assistance because I have real estate (my farm) that I own and owe no money on it. It's free and clear to sell if I want to...that's how I paid for my breast surgery...I sold a piece of my property and paid cold hard CASH (over $5,000) for it before they would even schedule it.
I just DON'T HAVE INSURANCE!
That's why I don't want to pay for anything I don't absolutely need.

Oh, Lynne...Janet is getting started, too.
Get a grip on yourself, Janet!

Cindy Janet
(Janet needs to leave. Faye is much more FUN!) grinnnn laugh

#116439 September 20th, 2005 at 09:30 AM
OP Offline
Hi all wavey ~

I'm emotionally drained, but wanted to let you know how my dr.'s appt. went today - some of you have asked... Duh

Here's the clincher - because I took some Exedrin this morning for my horrible headache, I have to wait at least 10 days before having the biopsy. That's because it can thin the blood and they don't want to have bleeding problems. Of course there wasn't any availability in 10 days... so I now have to wait ANOTHER 3 WEEKS!!!
Another one of those "I wish I knew all this before" situations! :p

My dear friends... I am going to count on you now, more than ever, to help me get through yet another waiting period. kissies

My mom and daughter gave me a really difficult time this afternoon about petty things. My husband was no better in his phone call from Colorado this evening. I understand that my mom is very nervous about my situation, but she was not particularly nice nor supportive of me today. My daughter was being a typical 15 year old (and still doesn't know about any of this), and was just pushing me too close to the edge. This is why I mentioned above that I am emotionally drained. I feel like I need a vacation from myself - know what I mean? :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to go to a few nurseries tomorrow to see if I can get any of those end of the season perennial bargains that I've seen advertised this past weekend. Hopefully there will be something left. I need to take my mind off things and commune with nature for a bit - best therapy ever. thumbup

Thanks again for all your concern, and know that I am here for you all as well, whenever you need it.

Lynne

#116440 September 20th, 2005 at 09:41 AM
You need to tell your daughter. She is a young adult and needs to understand that sometimes mothers need support, too.

You know how to get in touch with me if you need someone to talk to...

Dianna

#116441 September 20th, 2005 at 09:46 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
ANOTHER 3 WEEKS!!!
Lynne...we're gonna have to keep each other company to keep our minds off the "Waiting Game". mad

Well, at least you're THIS far now. kissies

Cindy

#116442 September 20th, 2005 at 09:48 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I agree with Dianna...
Tell her... she needs to know..
Life isn't allllllways about being a teenager..
there's other's in this world too...
May help her grow up a bit...
and you two get a wee~bit closer....

I must have been a fickle kid,
I liked my mother.....
Once in a while she'd get on my nerves,
but hey, who doesnt'????
She's still my best bud!

I had been thinking of you all day today too!
Thanks for the update...

Did you get your name on a stand by list again???

And don't eat any garlic, that's a blood thinner too!!!
(not to mention vampire repellant grinnnn )

#116443 September 20th, 2005 at 09:51 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I agree with Dianna...
Tell her... she needs to know..
Yep...

#116444 September 20th, 2005 at 02:39 PM
i feel like i am butting in but i was reading this thread and i firstly want to tell you tht i am think of you when i pray. i also feel it is important to tell you that (hope you have patience for a bit of a longish story) when i was thirteen my mom started having pains in her left leg, it grew worse but being such a martyr and being in denial my mom kept pushing off seeing a dr. after a few unfriendly dr.s (hmmm bet you know that story..) she was found to have a huge tumor in her back. she stayed at home till her time to get radiation before the surgery - then spent the next year in a hospital before she was able to come back home and finish her lolng recovery at home. i tell you all this becasue i wsa the same age as your daughter is now, and i know that i would have lliked to have known what was happenning - i would have been able to deal with it. in fact it probabky would have helped the family deal with this better overall. over the course of the year my mother had many surgeries and severl other "scares" . instead of hearing - "by the way hinda mom's surgery went well a coupleof days ago and it looks like its not cancer" - i would have been better equipped knowing it was going to hapen. i could have helped my mom get through this beeter and been able to help my brothers too. instead we were kept outof the loop and that made us each angry at each other and instead of being supportive we became more apart. its important to talk before - support eachother, your daughter is not a child anymore and its always easier to do this together. you wil make your family closer if you are open about this, instead of keeping secrets. i am sure that you know the anger of a 15 year old girl, and even though i love my parents and have spoken withthem about this exact topic when i ws abit older, i still think they made amistake and i still feel upset twhen i think about how they didnt think thati i could handle it or thinkof how i could have helped my mom more if only i had known just how much pain she ws in - even at home before hte surgery. even now i am finding out things hat i feel i should have known then.
ok - i am sorry if i am lecturing you. i hope you dont take offense. goodness knows you have enough on your plate. but i am saying this to help you and your daughter - who in turn wil help you out too! kissies kissies kissies

#116445 September 20th, 2005 at 05:09 PM
Meg Offline
{{Lynne}}

I agree, tell your daughter. She is old enough now to realize there is a lot going on, and you need her support. It can't always be about her, no matter how much either of you want it to be. I know it's hard to discuss important things with our kids, but sometimes, we just gotta. You're in my thoughts.

Meg

#116446 September 20th, 2005 at 06:55 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Especially because she needs to know
for her own health later on too..
If it runs in the family....
she needs to check and exam herself...
aaaaaaaand to be able to help her if
she ever has a daughter...

*my s~i~l had breast cancer...
and it's a long story, she had two girls by a previous marriage, and one girl and one boy with
my brother.. the first girl, ended up finding a lump BECAUSE she did exams early... and she is still with us.. now, because of that, they got to get into a program to be tested to see if that gene type thingie ran in the family...with the girls and/or the boys....and because of that the second girl was also found out to have that gene..
and so was the one boy...
Soooooo, just keep everyone in the loop...
*the 4 kids are here with us today, because of early detection* thumbup

#116447 September 20th, 2005 at 06:58 PM
OP Offline
You all really are the best! kissies
I really can't say that enough! kissies kissies

I have decided to tell Amy. Not sure it will be today,
as she has a busy after school schedule.
I sooooo appreciate all your words of wisdom and experience -
you can't begin to know how valuable all of it is to me!

Today's a new day, and though it's very very dark with rain, I hope to go out later to some nurseries. If not, it's a good day to finish that book that's due back to the library on Thursday. kissies

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard