A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: plants 'n pots could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 07:43 AM
tomorrow morning at 9:45?

I know many people here have not been feeling well of late, and I hope I was able to convey my concern and care to all. Truthfully, I've been a bit pre-occupied for more than a few weeks now.

Tomorrow I am going to my surgeon to find out which kind of biopsy he recommends for a "small solid mass" in one of my you-know-whats. I've had some biopsies before, but never has the radiologist said it was "solid" and "suspicious" before. They've always been cysts.

I had to go to a new radiologist, because my radiologist of 18 years suddenly closed up shop and left everyone in a lurch - took me 3 1/2 months for an appt. with him, and the week before said appt., they called and canceled it!!! mad He apparently owes 2 million dollars in back rent, etc!!! kit
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 07:46 AM
but I'm sure I'll get through the visit much easier knowing you all are there with me!
Lynne...
I'm with you...all the way! kissies

Cindy
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 07:48 AM
I'll be there! {hugs!}
Posted By: JV Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 08:03 AM
Lynne my hopes and prayers are with you. I have daughters and granddaughters I worry about that every time they tell me they are going to a doctor for a checkup.Please know I am there in spirit. kissies
[Linked Image]
Jimmy
Posted By: duckie Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 08:06 AM
Lynne,you will be in my thoughts and prayers tommorow.

I've had to have 5 biopsies,beginning at 17.Don't worry,they don't hurt.

I just hope you are like me(a lumpy chick).

{{{{hugs}}}}} to you.It is very scary.

luv Shari
Posted By: Merme Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 08:31 AM
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
tomorrow morning at 9:45? Thanks for being such great friends, and I'll let you know how it went kit
Lynne, please know we are all here for you; do know that.

And I will do my best at what good friends do for one another...

all prayers, always.

Merme
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 08:57 AM
[Linked Image]

Got you covered - will be thinking of you the whole day....
Nana
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 09:17 AM
Have you right at the top of my prayer list Lynne. Will be thinking about you tomorrow and hope that all goes well.
Posted By: Meg Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 09:59 AM
Lynne.. of course we'll be sending out thoughts & prayers for you.

Meg
Posted By: pcgrav Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 10:13 AM
Thinking of you ... prayers sent your way...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 11:19 AM
I'll be there too! Saying lots of prayers for you tonight, and tomorrow during your apt.

I had to have a biopsy taken in the other you know what area years ago, and I know it's scary....waiting for the results are the worst...but I'll be praying for nothing but good results. Hang in there.
Posted By: princessazlea Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 02:08 PM
Lynne you will be in my thoughts today. kissies
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 06:40 PM
Of course you will be thought of and prayed for during your time of stress. I know from personal experience how scary it is to have a biopsy done and then the waiting on results after. Please know that you are being prayed for by all your good friends here.

kissies

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 07:21 PM
[Linked Image]

My prayers always.

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 08:12 PM
prayer from all over the country - you are covered.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 08:16 PM
Thank you all so very much for your wonderful words of support! kissies
I feel so much better knowing that you will be with me, in the back of my mind, while I am at the dr's office.

I'm leaving in about 15 minutes, and don't know when I'll be back home. My mom wants to go shopping for a dress she needs - not really what I'd like to do, but we'll see what kind of mood I'm in after the appt...

Hope you all have a great gardening day - it's absolutely gorgeous out here today - no humidity, temps around 80 - finally!
And I don't get to garden... :p
and there's so much to do, that I've been neglecting in the oppressive heat and humidity...
CRAB, CRAB, CRAB...
oh, well...

talk to you later... Lynne kit
Posted By: tkhooper Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 09:04 PM
Went through a cancer scare several years ago. My thoughts, prayers and best wishes go with you today and every day.
Posted By: gardengal Re: could you think of me... - August 18th, 2005 at 09:30 PM
You should be at the doctor's office right now Lynne so I'm sending all of my positive energy and good thoughts to you, as well as many prayers. smile
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 01:02 AM
...hoping to hear some news soon.

Still praying.

Cindy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 01:36 AM
Wondering how you are right now Lynne...
Sending POSITIVE WAVE OF ENERGY your way!!!
Hoping everything comes out okay...
*and you get to garden* kissies thumbup flw
Posted By: Bestofour Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 06:52 AM
Lynne should be way back by now. Has anyone heard anything?
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 07:06 AM
Getting a bit concerned but still thinking about her.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 07:14 AM
Yeah, it's like 8:20pm here now...

Maybe they found some fantastic dresses
and had dinner out????!!!!
Posted By: Meg Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 07:19 AM
Gosh, been waiting all day to see this topic updated. I hope it's all ok..

Meg
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 07:56 AM
Checkin in for a Lynne update! Lynne where are you? You aren't having NY cheesecake without me are you? wink
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 07:57 AM
Duh
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:18 AM
Hi all wavey

Sorry it took me so long to come back on here...
I've been emotionally wiped-out all day...
again, many many thanks for your care and concern! Duh
Second thing was... "how come you didn't plant any vines on the trellises on the deck this year?" uh... hello...? I am growing cardinal flower vines on all 3 trellises - they just aren't doing terrifically in said heat, humidity, and dryness... but they ARE in flower curently - just not large and bold enough for her likes...
Third... when showing my dad the wonder egg plant, with it's wonderful 8 eggs growing on it, the only thing he has to say is "how come the leaves are all curled up like that?" Uh... again... it's been a heck of a very dry, hot, humid summer and none of us living things here have been too happy about it!!! :rolleyes:

7. trust your instincts and go with them!!!
I knew I should have gone to this appt. by myself, but didn't want to hurt their feelings (my mom came along, dad stayed at my house and napped) ... and the fact that the dr. could care less that my mom was there both because she's been through this herself, and was very concerned about me ters

So, my dear and wonderful friends... the next step is that I now have an appt. with my mom's oncology surgeon to discuss which biopsy would be best - he is well versed in both types of biopsies, and even his receptionist knew more about them than the dr. I saw today!!! ... but I could not get in until OCTOBER 6TH! YEP - 1 1/2 months from now!!! I know, it's crazy, but that is how booked up the better doctors are around here. And the reason I didn't go with him in the first place was that I couldn't get in until Sept. 13th!!! That was when I called 3 weeks ago - now it's not til Oct.

I will be spending lots of time here with you all, trying to keep my mind from thinking the worst (though I do have some pretty strong feelings about that dr. from today that don't want to go away frown ) I'll need lots of distractions, and I know you all are great with that! LOL

Thanks again for being there for me - love you all! luv
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:26 AM
Oh Lynne, I am so sorry for your horrible experience today. ANd so sorry that your parents added to your stress when you really did not need that.

Please give the other Dr's office a call and if it is at all possible for you, let them know you will take ANY cancellation. You may be able to get in before October that way.

Lots of hugs and prayers coming to you and we will all be here for you until your appointment and afterwards.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:32 AM
Yeah, that's what I was going to say too Triss,
tell them you'll take any of the cancellations
and you might get in a wee~bit earlier!!!

Don't get me started on Doctors!!
*Where's Duh kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:35 AM
Lynne...
I don't even know where to start...
...or what to say that would be suitable for the forum (about that doctor). mad

I have been talking to one of the other forum members here that last few days...mainly about healthcare/doctor/insurance problems.
I actually really don't need to get started on it here...might say something I shouldn't. I don't have real good judgement most of the time when I get an "issue" on my mind and finally go off about it.

What really pisses me off is when you FINALLY go to your appointment months from now, the doctor will say "Why did you wait so long to get something done about this?"

O.K...I'm gonna stop.
I'll PM you.

Cindy
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:42 AM
But did you get any cheesecake? wink

Geez what a day. Where to even begin...? I third the suggestion about calling to take any cancellations. It will ease your mind so much sooner if it's at all possible.

Moms are great at doing stuff like that. I STILL have to call my mom (been saying that since Sunday!) Since I quit smoking, I don't know if I have the nerves for it right now! laugh

I'll do my part to keep you distracted and ask you a bunch of questions about the wonder egg seeds wink Hang in there - I know everything will work out in the end.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:42 AM
Please give the other Dr's office a call and if it is at all possible for you, let them know you will take ANY cancellation.
O.K...I'm gonna stop after this, I promise.

I called my gyn/surgeon that did my hysterectomy last week to get an appointment. The earliest they could get me in was October.

Several days later I had to go to another doctor that I could get into fast...he said I needed to go to my gyn/surgeon IMMEDIATELY. He left the room, came back 5 minutes later and had an appointment for me 3 days later with the same gyn/surgeon that told me I couldn't get in until October.

nutz

They can obviously get you in if they want to.

Can you get a DOCTOR to call and make you an appointment sooner?
It worked for me last week.

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:42 AM
Lynn....Iam sympatising with the horror of the day you had...we are well versed in traumatising Drs visits...and even MORE experienced in the "waiting" area. It seems as though we have waited this whole year out and guess what...we are STILL waiting! So, hang out and wait with us! thumbup You are, and will be in our daily thoughts & prayers. And do call and ask for any cancellation date they have...most of the time the offices are really good about calling you in and they DO have cancellations. PLEASE...don't spend your waiting time worrying....that will be wasted time! So, you have a month & 1/2 to do some FUN things..... thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:45 AM
Sorry...but I'm just a little touchy about this subject.

Breast masses are NOT something to put off.
Time is very critical.
Even though the odds are in favor of it being nothing...call every other day and ask if there are cancellations. They will finally get you in to keep you from calling everyday! laugh shocked

I'm shutting up.
Somebody duct tape my mouth...
...or rather my hands.
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:56 AM
No sense in being quiet Cindy cuz you are SO right. It is ridiculous that you should have to wait a month and a half Lynne!
Posted By: Fernie Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 09:02 AM
I'm with everyone else about getting on the cancellation list. Cindy also has some good ideas. Be assertive, this is your life.

Hey, I still make sure I make my bed when my mom is coming over. It doesn't matter that my bedroom is neat otherthan the bed, she usually has to bring up that she had to run make her bed right quick or her day would just be ruined. I love my mom dearly and she is a terrific person, she just has a bed fetish or something. I am a grandmother for crying out loud, but mom can still push the old buttons. Isn't that just the pits?

I have you on my prayer list.
Posted By: Meg Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 09:10 AM
Yes, repeating what everyone else has said already. Gosh, how awful of a day! {{{hugs}}}

CALL THEM DAILY to ask if they have any cancellations in which they can get you in. They will get tired of hearing from you eventually, and get you in! wink OR, as Cindy said, try to get another dr to call your appt. in, so they can press how important it is that you're seen NOW. Or, do both!

In the meantime, we can talk about the flowers, and the nasty hot humid yet dry as a bone summer. :p I know, my stuff started out ok, but as the weather got so dang hot that I couldn't even *think* to walk out my door.. the plants definately suffered! frown

I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers, and you keep on that dr's office!
Meg
Posted By: JV Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 10:07 AM
lynne you will be in my daily prayers for now until the test come back negative. As for the Doctor I have no use for them for many good reason's frown on this subject I can just say>>>>>>>>>>GET A ROPE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Jimmy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 10:20 AM
Lynne I'm so sorry for the horrible experience you had at the doctors office...what a joke that turned out to be....Does he think anyone in their right mind would actually listen to his suggestion when he isn't qualified to make them in the first place!!!!! I too would've been very upset and angry......

And yes, my plants have suffered drastically too with all of this heat and humidity....so don't feel bad....hey, it happens....we've barely had any rain at all.

And yes, please keep calling and checking for cancellations.....My Gyno is very popular around this area because he's so good...he's the one that did my surgery when I was 19...Well in July I had to cancel my apt...then next time they could get me in was a year later...I'm serious! So I told her to put me on the cancellation list...well I got called in that following week...so keep bugging them, you can get in there earlier with determination!

Prayers and hugs.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 10:38 AM
Sending you all GREAT [Linked Image]

I will definitely be calling the current dr's office often to see about cancellations. Though it hasn't been my experience thus far to be moved up in date for an appt. with any of mine. mad

No, Weezie, we did not go shopping. None of us was in the mood - I felt like I had been run over by a truck (the doctor)!!! We went out to the diner for brunch, and then my parents left for their 45 minute drive home.

I went to the dreaded WalMart to make a few returns - not the best place to go when feeling emotionally drained, but it wasn't too painful...

When I came home, I was going to take a nice nap outside on the deck - late afternoon sun, no humidity, and lower temps today - YEA! But of course I saw those poor, pathetic, dried out flower heads on all my planters on the deck just looking at me with their sad droopy stems, and I just had to finally do something to perk up those plants again. 3 hours later, many buckets full of deadheaded flowers, stems and leaves, many watering cans full to help bring life back to my babies, and I fell onto the couch. At least I feel better about cleaning my babies all up. thumbup

And... while cleaning out a bit of my bathtub pond,
I found my first frog (toad?) of the summer. kit
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 10:45 AM
I can now go to bed with a lighter heart
and looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
You should get a package from me tomorrow...
...for your pond.
I hope it makes your day brighter.

kissies

Cindy
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 07:07 PM
I am at a loss for words, Lynne! What a terrible experience. Sounds like the "doctor" (and I use that term loosely) needs to go back to med school...

I can imagine the emotional ups and downs that you have been going through. It's bad enough that you are having to face such a scare and then his incompetentcy just compounds the situation.

I am still praying for you.

Dianna
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 08:34 PM
'morning all wavey

A few things I thought of while lying awake very early this morning...

Firstly - MERME!!!
I meant to tell you yesterday, that when I pulled into my driveway when I got home yesterday, I immediately thought of you! There was a GORGEOUS, BRIGHT RED Cardinal sitting by the side of the driveway enjoying eating a leaf. I just sat in my car, watching this gem of nature - does he even know the joy he brings to my life??? kissies

Upon examining me, he meekly states:

"looks like you've been down to the shore..."
(I have a pretty good tan going this year, what with all the gardening I did before the onset of this awful hot, humid, dry summer, plus the week's vacation I had the end of July)
plus, he has an inground pool in his backyard and is plenty dark himself?!?
Why would one have to go to the shore to have a tan, ya know?

me: no, we went on a week long vacation to Maine

he: THEY HAVE SUN UP THERE IN MAINE?!?

me: (I am just speechless - what a moron!!! and no, I didn't think he was being funny, or cute! :rolleyes: )

I wasn't going to waste my breathe by telling him that we had the most gorgeous week of weather there - sunny, and very warm, and went to the pool every single day. He really is supposed to be an intelligent human being!!! And his wife is head of the health department here in our county - makes me wonder about her now - how can she be married to this??? kit
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - August 19th, 2005 at 10:38 PM
Lynne,

That positive attitude is going to see you through this whole ordeal. As will we. Hope your garden brings lots of smiles and happiness your way today!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 20th, 2005 at 12:36 AM
Just spoke with the dr's office - they put me on the waiting list - "it's a long one, but we just go down the list and see whoever's available at the time we get a cancellation".

The dr. will be away next week, so hopefully, maybe I'll get a call from them when they return, and sooner than Oct 6th.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying this gently rainy day -
haven't had one of these the entire summer.
Just went outside to see if Freddy (my newfound frog friend) is there, and yes indeed - he was just resting on one of the rocks that surrounds the pond, having a soft shower in the rain!
Yay for me - yay for him - the small things in life are great!!!

I'm off to try and take that nap now - see ya later!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: could you think of me... - August 20th, 2005 at 12:48 AM
Take a nap for me Lynne,
Give an extra special hello to the frog too...
And enjoy those things....
they are soooooo sweet..
and make the mad unbareable~bareable kissies !!!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - August 20th, 2005 at 12:55 AM
Enjoy your nap Lynne. Glad you got on the list. Hope the nice gently rain keeps going for you. A day like that is calming in itself!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: could you think of me... - August 20th, 2005 at 04:18 AM
It's been awesomely beautiful here too,
overcast, breezy, cool, and moist still
from the rains...just great day...
and everythings' drinkin'!!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - August 20th, 2005 at 04:22 AM
Yep, same here. Cloudy and a bit cool and a bit of rain on top of it all which has to be good!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: could you think of me... - August 21st, 2005 at 08:18 AM
How you feeling sweet thing? I'm thinking of you every day.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 21st, 2005 at 10:22 AM
TK - YOU are the sweetheart! Duh

Sometimes I get so nervous that I am almost hyperventilating -
so I talk myself into calming down.

Other times I just want to go to sleep
and escape it all until I can get to the doctor.

Other times, I eat too much, which is why I've gained back 5 of the 19 pounds that I lost (wrote about this in the positive changes thread).

And other times, like today, I force myself to go outside in the heat, and 98% humidity and clean up my gardens and visit my goldies in the bathtub pond. Freddy was not there today, but being outside with my flowers and birds and fish is very calming - I spent over 2 hours there, and was soaked by the time I came back indoors. The best therapy I've ever known!!!

I hope you, and everyone else here, are doing very well,
and I will continue to lean on you all for support, if that's ok? kissies

thanks... Lynne kit
Posted By: tkhooper Re: could you think of me... - August 21st, 2005 at 09:59 PM
lean on me anytime you want to. I'll do my best to provide support and something entertaining to keep your mind off of it. I went out in the garden this morning too. Was absolutely wet by the time I came in but I felt rejuvenated too, so it was a good thing. I really need to hop in the shower before my roommate wakes up so I don't stink him out lol.

I'd still be out in the garden except that it's just gotten toooooo hot. Yesterdays cool down didn't last long enough.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: could you think of me... - August 23rd, 2005 at 06:23 AM
{{{hugs}}} for you lynne... i'm praying for you... just been held up and couldn't get on for the last few weeks
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 12:49 AM
eek eek eek GRRRRRRRRR!!! mad mad mad

I just got off the phone with the dr's office.
Spoke with a different receptionist this time.
When I asked if it was at all possible to move up my appt., she replied
"have you faxed us a report about what's going on yet?"

WELL.... I WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO THAT
2 WEEKS AGO, BUT NO ONE TOLD ME TO!!!!!

They simply put me on the cancellation list...

She said when she receives it, she'll show it to the dr. and then he'll decide if they can move up my appt. WHAT THE @#$@^$????? Why can't they mention this up front and as routine????????
I have had a copy of my report for several weeks now, and would have gladly sent it any way they wanted!!!!

Of course, now, today, their fax machine is broken, so I have to call tomorrow morning at 9 to see if it's been fixed yet! I would drive over there, but it's 45 minutes away. And I have to take my daughter to an appt. in the other direction today.

Don't they realize that people's lives are on the line here, maybe? ters
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 12:56 AM
Lynne,

That is just horrible. I cannot belive they would not tell you something so darn important. I am so sorry about that! Be sure and call them at the end of the day about the fax machine. If it is fixed by 9am tomorrow, that means they are workign on it today!

Still praying for you.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 08:48 PM
Thanks Triss!

My husband came home before they closed yesterday, and we were able to send the report in an e-mail. Of course the dr. isn't in today, so I have to wait til tomorrow before she can even show it to him...

"hurry up and wait..."
Posted By: weezie13 Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 08:50 PM
Don't get me started on doctors..
*Karen/Catlover and I go 'rounds 'bout nurses'*

Keep after them Lynne...
You have to be diligent!!! kissies thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 09:20 PM
"hurry up and wait..."
:rolleyes:
No, kidding.
And, don't get me started on doctors and INSURANCE.

You can have a life-threatening illness, and have to be sent from one doctor to the other one, then to another one, etc. until you finally end up at the doctor who diagnoses you (after waiting a month for each of the appointments)...and when you finally get there, they ask, "Why did you wait so long to have something done about this?"

mad

...sorry, I guess I almost got started, anyway.

Cindy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 09:42 PM
Just got off the phone with the receptionist. thumbup
The doctor looked at the report, and "he wasn't too concerned from what he saw" but they moved me up from Oct. 5th to Sept. 19th. While it's not all that soon, it's still an improvement.

I asked her what she meant by "not too concerned", and she said that she wrote down what he said - "he didn't see any worrysome characteristics". That is a relief, somewhat... but again, that's his opinion from the report, not having seen the films, or having done a physical exam.

So, my friends, I will be anxiously awaiting 19 more days til the preliminary appt. with him, and hopefully we can move quickly forward from that.

Thanks again for being my biggest support group -
love to you all! luv
Posted By: JV Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 09:55 PM
Lynne glad you finally got the Dr. to respond. They love to jack people around. I am with Weezie and Cindy on the Dr. thing do not have any respect or trust for any of them. Hope you come out clean on all test. I am sending my prayers your way. angell
Jimmy
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 10:03 PM
Praying for an even earlier cancellation for you, Lynne...

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 10:05 PM
Lynne,

Well that is a couple weeks less you have to wait and that is a good thing. I hope his thoughts on the report prove to be true and that indeed there will be nothing major going on but rather a very simple fix!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 10:25 PM
more prayers
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 10:26 PM
They love to jack people around.
Very good choice of words...
I couldn't have said it better myself! thumbup

but they moved me up from Oct. 5th to Sept. 19th. While it's not all that soon, it's still an improvement.
Here's what gets me...
Yesterday when I was waiting to see the doctor, I heard the receptionist tell someone on the phone that the first opening they had for a new patient was October 24th. Because another doctor referred me to this one, and had his receptionist make my appointment while I was still at his office, I got in 8 days from then.

Also, yesterday while I was waiting I heard the receptionist call about 10 people that had appointments for Thursday and Friday, telling them that she was going to have to reschedule their appointments for Tuesday and Wednesday of next week because the doctor was going out of town. Now, if she could re-schedule these appointments for Tuesday and Wednesday, why did the person that called have to wait until the end of October to get in? And, why didn't I have to wait until the end of October to get in?
BECAUSE THEY CAN SEE YOU IF THEY WANT TO!

O.K.....I wasn't gonna get started. frown

But one more thing... laugh

(...never mind. I just deleted it.)
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - August 31st, 2005 at 11:33 PM
YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH CINDY!!!

How is it that a friend of mine was able to get her 18 year old son in with the surgeon that I always saw here, last week, because he's unhappy with the fact that he has some breast tissue, and I could not get in with this same doctor when I called 3 weeks ago until Sept. 8th????

Was this kid's embarassment more important than finding out what my lump is? I am not seeing this dr afterall - it was his partner who was such an @#$% a few weeks ago with me...,

But honestly - I really would like to try and understand how they make these appts.???!!! mad frown :p And do they have no conscience about whose situation might be life or death verses vanity or convenience? I am available 24/7 and have told that to all the offices where I try to get appts. but to no avail...

Cindy - I guess I'm started up now too!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - September 1st, 2005 at 12:14 AM
Cindy - I guess I'm started up now too!
[Linked Image]

When I was in with the doctor yesterday, and he was telling me the tests I needed (before he even examined me!) I asked him if he could narrow the test list down because I didn't have insurance. He was rather rude to me then...said he was a doctor, and that was his occupation, and he wasn't in the charity business. I wasn't asking him for anything...just to NOT order any tests that weren't absolutely necessary! He said "There are places people "like you" can go to get some assistance."
mad
What did he mean by people "LIKE YOU"?

I don't qualify for any assistance because I have real estate (my farm) that I own and owe no money on it. It's free and clear to sell if I want to...that's how I paid for my breast surgery...I sold a piece of my property and paid cold hard CASH (over $5,000) for it before they would even schedule it.
I just DON'T HAVE INSURANCE!
That's why I don't want to pay for anything I don't absolutely need.

Oh, Lynne...Janet is getting started, too.
Get a grip on yourself, Janet!

Cindy Janet
(Janet needs to leave. Faye is much more FUN!) grinnnn laugh
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 09:30 AM
Hi all wavey ~

I'm emotionally drained, but wanted to let you know how my dr.'s appt. went today - some of you have asked... Duh

Here's the clincher - because I took some Exedrin this morning for my horrible headache, I have to wait at least 10 days before having the biopsy. That's because it can thin the blood and they don't want to have bleeding problems. Of course there wasn't any availability in 10 days... so I now have to wait ANOTHER 3 WEEKS!!!
Another one of those "I wish I knew all this before" situations! :p

My dear friends... I am going to count on you now, more than ever, to help me get through yet another waiting period. kissies

My mom and daughter gave me a really difficult time this afternoon about petty things. My husband was no better in his phone call from Colorado this evening. I understand that my mom is very nervous about my situation, but she was not particularly nice nor supportive of me today. My daughter was being a typical 15 year old (and still doesn't know about any of this), and was just pushing me too close to the edge. This is why I mentioned above that I am emotionally drained. I feel like I need a vacation from myself - know what I mean? :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to go to a few nurseries tomorrow to see if I can get any of those end of the season perennial bargains that I've seen advertised this past weekend. Hopefully there will be something left. I need to take my mind off things and commune with nature for a bit - best therapy ever. thumbup

Thanks again for all your concern, and know that I am here for you all as well, whenever you need it.

Lynne
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 09:41 AM
You need to tell your daughter. She is a young adult and needs to understand that sometimes mothers need support, too.

You know how to get in touch with me if you need someone to talk to...

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 09:46 AM
ANOTHER 3 WEEKS!!!
Lynne...we're gonna have to keep each other company to keep our minds off the "Waiting Game". mad

Well, at least you're THIS far now. kissies

Cindy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 09:48 AM
I agree with Dianna...
Tell her... she needs to know..
Life isn't allllllways about being a teenager..
there's other's in this world too...
May help her grow up a bit...
and you two get a wee~bit closer....

I must have been a fickle kid,
I liked my mother.....
Once in a while she'd get on my nerves,
but hey, who doesnt'????
She's still my best bud!

I had been thinking of you all day today too!
Thanks for the update...

Did you get your name on a stand by list again???

And don't eat any garlic, that's a blood thinner too!!!
(not to mention vampire repellant grinnnn )
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 09:51 AM
I agree with Dianna...
Tell her... she needs to know..
Yep...
Posted By: hinda Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 02:39 PM
i feel like i am butting in but i was reading this thread and i firstly want to tell you tht i am think of you when i pray. i also feel it is important to tell you that (hope you have patience for a bit of a longish story) when i was thirteen my mom started having pains in her left leg, it grew worse but being such a martyr and being in denial my mom kept pushing off seeing a dr. after a few unfriendly dr.s (hmmm bet you know that story..) she was found to have a huge tumor in her back. she stayed at home till her time to get radiation before the surgery - then spent the next year in a hospital before she was able to come back home and finish her lolng recovery at home. i tell you all this becasue i wsa the same age as your daughter is now, and i know that i would have lliked to have known what was happenning - i would have been able to deal with it. in fact it probabky would have helped the family deal with this better overall. over the course of the year my mother had many surgeries and severl other "scares" . instead of hearing - "by the way hinda mom's surgery went well a coupleof days ago and it looks like its not cancer" - i would have been better equipped knowing it was going to hapen. i could have helped my mom get through this beeter and been able to help my brothers too. instead we were kept outof the loop and that made us each angry at each other and instead of being supportive we became more apart. its important to talk before - support eachother, your daughter is not a child anymore and its always easier to do this together. you wil make your family closer if you are open about this, instead of keeping secrets. i am sure that you know the anger of a 15 year old girl, and even though i love my parents and have spoken withthem about this exact topic when i ws abit older, i still think they made amistake and i still feel upset twhen i think about how they didnt think thati i could handle it or thinkof how i could have helped my mom more if only i had known just how much pain she ws in - even at home before hte surgery. even now i am finding out things hat i feel i should have known then.
ok - i am sorry if i am lecturing you. i hope you dont take offense. goodness knows you have enough on your plate. but i am saying this to help you and your daughter - who in turn wil help you out too! kissies kissies kissies
Posted By: Meg Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 05:09 PM
{{Lynne}}

I agree, tell your daughter. She is old enough now to realize there is a lot going on, and you need her support. It can't always be about her, no matter how much either of you want it to be. I know it's hard to discuss important things with our kids, but sometimes, we just gotta. You're in my thoughts.

Meg
Posted By: weezie13 Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 06:55 PM
Especially because she needs to know
for her own health later on too..
If it runs in the family....
she needs to check and exam herself...
aaaaaaaand to be able to help her if
she ever has a daughter...

*my s~i~l had breast cancer...
and it's a long story, she had two girls by a previous marriage, and one girl and one boy with
my brother.. the first girl, ended up finding a lump BECAUSE she did exams early... and she is still with us.. now, because of that, they got to get into a program to be tested to see if that gene type thingie ran in the family...with the girls and/or the boys....and because of that the second girl was also found out to have that gene..
and so was the one boy...
Soooooo, just keep everyone in the loop...
*the 4 kids are here with us today, because of early detection* thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 06:58 PM
You all really are the best! kissies
I really can't say that enough! kissies kissies

I have decided to tell Amy. Not sure it will be today,
as she has a busy after school schedule.
I sooooo appreciate all your words of wisdom and experience -
you can't begin to know how valuable all of it is to me!

Today's a new day, and though it's very very dark with rain, I hope to go out later to some nurseries. If not, it's a good day to finish that book that's due back to the library on Thursday. kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: could you think of me... - September 20th, 2005 at 09:40 PM
lynne, you can always call me, day or night, if you need support. doesn't seem to matther how much we know our family loves us, sometimes they just don't get it.

and i'm glad you are telling your daughter. she can be a big help to you if she knows what is going on.

and, of course, i am praying and thinking about you!
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - September 21st, 2005 at 12:55 AM
Lynne,

I am so sorry to read that the Dr is thinking things aren't quite right. I am glad you found one willing to take the time to talk with you and listen to you and I hope you continue to get that kind of treatment when you go through the biopsy and anything else. Know you are in our prayers. I am glad to hear you will be telling Amy what is going on. Hearing it from you will be the best thing for her. If there is anything you need from us, please let us know.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - September 21st, 2005 at 05:32 AM
'Evening everyone...

So, I got a big ol' pizza at Costco and we sat down at the table for lunch when Amy came home from school. Usually she eats in the familyroom with the tv on.

I calmly told her what was going on, and she sat very quietly listening and STARING at me. She didn't ask any questions, so I kept explaining it all to her in detail - she's very bright. But... she kept on staring at me, so I asked her why. She just laughed and looked away. Towards the end I started to cry and she just said very plainly "nothing's going to happen". That's as emotional as it got, but I know she understands and it was a lot to take in. She wanted to know if her brother (22 years old) knew - I hadn't said anything to him yet either - he's living still where he went to college - 4 1/2 hours drive away. She asked if I wanted her to tell him - I'm fine with it either way, but again... didn't think he needed to worry about it until I find something out. She said he should know - I gave her the option of telling him, thought it might be good for them to discuss it together instead of my just telling. I always joke about how their common bond is their dislike of me!!! wavey
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: could you think of me... - September 21st, 2005 at 08:25 AM
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
I calmly told her what was going on, and she sat very quietly listening and STARING at me. She didn't ask any questions, so I kept explaining it all to her in detail - she's very bright. But... she kept on staring at me, so I asked her why. She just laughed and looked away. Towards the end I started to cry and she just said very plainly "nothing's going to happen". That's as emotional as it got, but I know she understands and it was a lot to take in.
She was probably in a little bit of shock, Lynne. She will need some time to deal with it (and the possibilities) and then she will maybe help you keep things calmer around the house. I agree that your son needs to be told, too, and it will be good for her to tell him. That way they can discuss their fears together and figure out how to support you.

I am happy that you told her. With her response that the brother needed to know, too, you should know that you made the right decision to tell her.

Still praying and thinking good thoughts for you...

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - September 21st, 2005 at 08:35 AM
Well Lynne, I am emotional after reading that. Your daughter is one strong woman, just like her mom. Apples sure don't fall far from the tree. I am glad you got to talk to her and that she is wanting to talk to her brother... I am sure that will be good for both of them.

How are you holding up?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: could you think of me... - September 21st, 2005 at 08:48 AM
Lynne...it was really the right thing to tell her, and I second everything Triss and Dianna said.

It really doesn't bother me - I know kids are like that.
Yeah...kids are like that...but they can sure hurt you at that age.
I still think about something that happened when Rachel was 15 that really hurt me...bad. I never have told her, and never will. I'll tell you about it sometime in a PM.

Love you, Lynne! kissies

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: could you think of me... - September 21st, 2005 at 09:50 AM
lynne, you did the right thing, and she will do the right thing with her brother, but be prepared for him to wish you had told him yourself. however, i think your letting her do that is a good thing. hang in there kissies
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: could you think of me... - September 21st, 2005 at 07:35 PM
You all are the most positive support I've got going right now.
I love you all to pieces!

[Linked Image]TO YOU ALL!
Posted By: Triss Re: could you think of me... - September 21st, 2005 at 10:12 PM
We will always be here for you Lynne.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]