This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#113617 September 23rd, 2005 at 02:12 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I had just got back from walking to the post office, and my little one was asleep in the stroller. So I wheeled him onto the patio, and sat down on the swing w/my LLBean catalog. I saw something in the Impatients out of the corner of my eye, and my first thought was that it was a very large bumblebee. I sort or started, and looked to the side, and immediately saw this hummingbird, hanging in the air, and I SWEAR he was looking right at me! He hung there for a second, then flitted off. I was SO bummed that I jumped like that. Had I turned more slowly, I could have watched a hummingbird not 12" from my face!
Too cool.
(hope I didn't scare him away forever,LOL)

#113618 September 23rd, 2005 at 03:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is so cool...Your little hummingbird will be back eventually....might be taking off for the year very soon for their migration, but I'm sure next year you'll have tons of close encounters...

I know this year I've had a few super close like that....One night I went belly crawling across my lawn so I wouldn't scare them away....Everyone in the neighborhood probably thinks I'm really strange...LOL

#113619 September 23rd, 2005 at 09:38 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Hummingbirds do that a lot. Many's the time I hear a low rumble in the air to look up and see a hummingbird 1-2 feet away from my head

#113620 September 23rd, 2005 at 10:08 AM
One night I went belly crawling across my lawn so I wouldn't scare them away....Everyone in the neighborhood probably thinks I'm really strange...LOL
I just LOVE this forum!!! lol. Now I know for sure, we are the only ones in step! laugh

It took me a little while to get used to not moving suddenly when my little birds came by, and they really do seem to get more and more comfortable. I had a little chickadee about two feet from my face the other day, munching on some suet. We saw each other, but he didn't seem concerned at all. He probably flitted back and away about six or seven times over 15 minutes. It was just soooo cool!

Link Copied to Clipboard