This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111732 April 30th, 2005 at 06:36 PM
OP Offline
My pc went to that big junk yard in the sky about a month ago and since then I have been negotiating for a new one. Man,they are expensive! May have to sell my first born. Anyhow, my new machine should arrive in a week and for the moment I'm using a friend's. I am needing help with passion flowers but will post on the proper thread. Nice to be back. kissies

#111733 April 30th, 2005 at 07:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry about your computer......I know how expensive they can be, mine is on it's last legs and I've been looking around. It'll be great to finally have a new one though. wavey smile

#111734 April 30th, 2005 at 10:36 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
My pc went to that big junk yard in the sky
Mine is fixin' to go to the front yard via the big picture window beside my desk!

I have a new one, never been taken out of the box, but it has XP :p ...which I hate with a passion!
Guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and get that bad boy hooked up, and try to get along with XP!

Hope to see you posting!

Cindy

#111735 May 4th, 2005 at 01:45 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
What had happened to your computer???
Just outta curiousity?

Alot of times when a computer slows down
or acts funny, there could be many problems
to your ole puter....

*Like cleaning out cookies
*Cleaning out temporary internet files
*Not having too many "icons" on your computer
screens... when you have so many on the desktop,
they are all running, and slows stuff down..
*Not using things like "Spybot" "Adware" "Search and Destroy" things on your puter to get rid of bugs and things like search engines...
*even having a camera or scanner or something downloaded into your computer.....then getting a new one and you don't properly delete the first one and things start to act up inside..

Sooooooooooo many things are possible...
(*Not that I am computer literate, but I hear my hubby talking about all that stuff...*)

But, it's good to see you back on Joseph!!!!

Weezie

#111736 May 4th, 2005 at 04:06 PM
This site has really helped me through some issues with my computer. And it's free!!! wink

http://www.pcpitstop.com/default.asp

Dianna

#111737 May 8th, 2005 at 02:37 AM
I have a new one, never been taken out of the box, but it has XP :p ...which I hate with a passion!
Guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and get that bad boy hooked up, and try to get along with XP!
Cindy
Ever consider using Linux?

I dumped Windows 2 years ago and went to using Linux full time.

I don't have to worry about Spyware, Virus's, Spam, defraging, and all the other little nasties out there.

I dropped my spam to zero, I haven't gotten spam in months.

I also setup an Pentium I as a network firewall. I write software for my firewall as a hobby.

Link Copied to Clipboard