A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: joestuff Crashed (trashed) computer - April 30th, 2005 at 06:36 PM
My pc went to that big junk yard in the sky about a month ago and since then I have been negotiating for a new one. Man,they are expensive! May have to sell my first born. Anyhow, my new machine should arrive in a week and for the moment I'm using a friend's. I am needing help with passion flowers but will post on the proper thread. Nice to be back. kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Crashed (trashed) computer - April 30th, 2005 at 07:04 PM
I'm sorry about your computer......I know how expensive they can be, mine is on it's last legs and I've been looking around. It'll be great to finally have a new one though. wavey smile
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Crashed (trashed) computer - April 30th, 2005 at 10:36 PM
My pc went to that big junk yard in the sky
Mine is fixin' to go to the front yard via the big picture window beside my desk!

I have a new one, never been taken out of the box, but it has XP :p ...which I hate with a passion!
Guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and get that bad boy hooked up, and try to get along with XP!

Hope to see you posting!

Cindy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Crashed (trashed) computer - May 4th, 2005 at 01:45 AM
What had happened to your computer???
Just outta curiousity?

Alot of times when a computer slows down
or acts funny, there could be many problems
to your ole puter....

*Like cleaning out cookies
*Cleaning out temporary internet files
*Not having too many "icons" on your computer
screens... when you have so many on the desktop,
they are all running, and slows stuff down..
*Not using things like "Spybot" "Adware" "Search and Destroy" things on your puter to get rid of bugs and things like search engines...
*even having a camera or scanner or something downloaded into your computer.....then getting a new one and you don't properly delete the first one and things start to act up inside..

Sooooooooooo many things are possible...
(*Not that I am computer literate, but I hear my hubby talking about all that stuff...*)

But, it's good to see you back on Joseph!!!!

Weezie
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Crashed (trashed) computer - May 4th, 2005 at 04:06 PM
This site has really helped me through some issues with my computer. And it's free!!! wink

http://www.pcpitstop.com/default.asp

Dianna
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Crashed (trashed) computer - May 8th, 2005 at 02:37 AM
I have a new one, never been taken out of the box, but it has XP :p ...which I hate with a passion!
Guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and get that bad boy hooked up, and try to get along with XP!
Cindy
Ever consider using Linux?

I dumped Windows 2 years ago and went to using Linux full time.

I don't have to worry about Spyware, Virus's, Spam, defraging, and all the other little nasties out there.

I dropped my spam to zero, I haven't gotten spam in months.

I also setup an Pentium I as a network firewall. I write software for my firewall as a hobby.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]