This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Bids,

Yep, we have 6 kiddos. 5 boys (12, 10, 3, 2 and 10 months) and 1 girl (5). Occasionally we increase by two, another of each who live with their mom in CA. It gets hectic on occasion, ok lots of occasions, but I would not have changed anything!

B
Bids Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well that's is amazing today, but in our grandparents time all the families were that big if not bigger and they turned out fine??

If you can afford it and you love it, then why the hell not!!

Wish everyone felt like you do. Youc annot even imagine the looks I get not to mention the things people have actually had the nerve to say to me about having so many kiddos. Even my mom thinks I am nuts.

B
Bids Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I think people today don't have the time or the energy for so many kids. I have 2 at the mo. and we r going to try for a girl. My sister thinks thats insane!!

Also there are alot of people who think there are 2 many people i guess.....but then whats the difference if theres a couple of dozens of extra kids running around.

As long as they have Love, food and education in that order then thats all that matters!!

By the way I'd love to see what ur dinner table looks like and even more i'd love to know what it sounds like?

Thought I had a pic of the kitchen in my photobucket, but I guess I don't. We seat 3 kids in the back on benches that my father in law made for us, baby in the high chair and the other two opposite the benches in chairs with Dan and I on the end.

Dinner is amazingly quiet unless Dan and I both leave the kitchen. Last night Jonny and Mikey played drums on the table. Not a good thing!

The loud part is when the 5 who can walk all go upstairs and decide to play tag. Like a heard of elephants going overhead!

B
Bids Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Sounds like home divided by 3!!

My house always sounds like a mad house!!!

You must have a pretty tough garden, no flimsy plants??

We have lost a few flowers to Mikey. He thinks they are grand to pick, but that is about it. One thing with 6 kids is that they all know the rules. They have tons of grass to play in and my garden is NOT a part of that space nor is it in the middle of it. I don't grow plants on their swings, they don't play in my garden! The part of the garden I planted this year is edged by logs and up against the house so they know where their space ends and mine begins.

B
Bids Offline OP
OP Offline
B
That's the way to do it then!!

Lucky for me i have a park across the road with swings and see-saw, so that is my kids's dedicated garden and my garden is mine. Still there is the occasional ball or dog ploughing into something.

We get that once in a while too, but nothing too major, the area is well recessed and just seems to be safe from it all. Next year when I wrap the garden around the house, it may be another whole story, but will worry about that one then!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard