A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Bids Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 28th, 2005 at 02:08 AM
Was uploading Pics and when I came across this one of my 16month old I couldn't resist.. It is garden related isn't it??

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 28th, 2005 at 03:11 AM
awww that is a really cute little weed! where'd you get it? do they have anymore left? I bet that was expensive! laugh laugh
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 29th, 2005 at 12:48 AM
It is actually very expensive and take approximately 9 months give or take a vew days on delivery, plus u rn't always assured that it will turn out this cute.
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 29th, 2005 at 01:44 AM
Well that one is sure adorable!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 29th, 2005 at 07:05 AM
What a beautiful baby. What's her name?
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 29th, 2005 at 04:38 PM
His name is Ethan Jay. Alot of people mistake him for a girl, but he is defianatley a BOY!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 29th, 2005 at 06:25 PM
He is a gorgeous little boy. That "weed" is definitely a keeper!

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 29th, 2005 at 06:41 PM
What nursery did you find that at?

laugh thumbup laugh

Definately a KEEPER!

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 29th, 2005 at 07:58 PM
Oh man, wish I could find some weeds like
that in MY garden... That would be alot of fun..

What a cutie~pa~tootie!!!!

Wait'll he gets old enough to start pulling
out your plant markers... :rolleyes: :p
that's what my first one did when I first
started gardening...

Good luck with that weed, he'll be growing like
one allllllllll the time...
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 29th, 2005 at 11:49 PM
I'm the gardener and he's the ungardener!!! He drives me mad allready. Sitting on my nemsia, bringing me handfuls of my peace in the home ....like its this wonderful gift he just found???
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 29th, 2005 at 11:56 PM
My mom's best advise is.........

They grow up!!!
*(Eventually)*

*so, I smile and tell them to go
pick those pretty yellow flowers over there..
*Dandelions...heheheeheheeeeeeeeee*
my little one lovessss picking them,
leaves my "REAL~ONE's" alone..
and we're both kinda happy!!!

Make sure you eventually plant some things
FOR HIM....*like Marigolds* or something.
He'll be wondered by it... and then HOOKED ON GARDENING, someday, eventually!!! wink laugh cool kissies grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 12:44 AM
The dandelions only work until they figure out if they don't pull them then they will have these really cool things to blow all over the place.
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 01:58 AM
Mine only wants to work on whatever im working on even if it means sitting on top of whatever it is im working on!!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 02:06 AM
Bids, I knew right away he was a boy! What a cutie!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 02:15 AM
I have to admit....
I put mine in a portable playpen when
he was that age/size...
I couldn't have him wandering around...
so, I'd bring out several toys in boxes..
and shift change the boxes..
and he'd get some beautiful air and nice breeze
and alooooooot of play time..
and I'd get alot of play time toooooooooo!!!!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 02:16 AM
Yep, we do that as well. Charlie is allergic to grass and cannot be right on it so he is always in something whether it be the pak n play, walker on a blanket or his swing. He still loves it outside but usually needs a treatment once we get inside.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 05:01 AM
Yaknow, of all the weeds we have around this place, I just haven't been lucky enough to find any of those. Can you send me one? wink
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 06:32 AM
I have 6, wanna borrow one, you would have to send them back. Have 5 of one variety but only one of the other. A very rare weed indeed!
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 06:39 AM
Aww...it's the sending them back part that I can't bear the thought of. I get so attached to them kinda weeds wink Just can't figure out why we can't grow our own! laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 06:46 AM
LOL Mary, there are many ways around that, just need some creative fertilizing!
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 08:31 AM
Yep! Think I'll leave it at that till we go over to '51' wink
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 08:42 AM
probably a good idea.
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 01:08 PM
If i had to put him in anysort of confined space hed go balistic. Have him screaming and thrashing about in his car seat (although he has sort of gotten used to being in it now). Is a real little wild child.
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 01:11 PM
Triss, when u say u have six is it what i think it is?? If yes WOW nutz I would like three, but twice that no. thered have to be 3 of me!!!
Posted By: Rockii Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 02:39 PM
Cute baby!
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 30th, 2005 at 09:30 PM
Bids,

Yep, we have 6 kiddos. 5 boys (12, 10, 3, 2 and 10 months) and 1 girl (5). Occasionally we increase by two, another of each who live with their mom in CA. It gets hectic on occasion, ok lots of occasions, but I would not have changed anything!
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 31st, 2005 at 12:15 AM
Well that's is amazing today, but in our grandparents time all the families were that big if not bigger and they turned out fine??

If you can afford it and you love it, then why the hell not!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 31st, 2005 at 12:18 AM
Wish everyone felt like you do. Youc annot even imagine the looks I get not to mention the things people have actually had the nerve to say to me about having so many kiddos. Even my mom thinks I am nuts.
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 31st, 2005 at 12:33 AM
I think people today don't have the time or the energy for so many kids. I have 2 at the mo. and we r going to try for a girl. My sister thinks thats insane!!

Also there are alot of people who think there are 2 many people i guess.....but then whats the difference if theres a couple of dozens of extra kids running around.

As long as they have Love, food and education in that order then thats all that matters!!

By the way I'd love to see what ur dinner table looks like and even more i'd love to know what it sounds like?
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 31st, 2005 at 12:44 AM
Thought I had a pic of the kitchen in my photobucket, but I guess I don't. We seat 3 kids in the back on benches that my father in law made for us, baby in the high chair and the other two opposite the benches in chairs with Dan and I on the end.

Dinner is amazingly quiet unless Dan and I both leave the kitchen. Last night Jonny and Mikey played drums on the table. Not a good thing!

The loud part is when the 5 who can walk all go upstairs and decide to play tag. Like a heard of elephants going overhead!
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 31st, 2005 at 01:52 AM
Sounds like home divided by 3!!

My house always sounds like a mad house!!!

You must have a pretty tough garden, no flimsy plants??
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 31st, 2005 at 02:02 AM
We have lost a few flowers to Mikey. He thinks they are grand to pick, but that is about it. One thing with 6 kids is that they all know the rules. They have tons of grass to play in and my garden is NOT a part of that space nor is it in the middle of it. I don't grow plants on their swings, they don't play in my garden! The part of the garden I planted this year is edged by logs and up against the house so they know where their space ends and mine begins.
Posted By: Bids Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 31st, 2005 at 02:59 AM
That's the way to do it then!!

Lucky for me i have a park across the road with swings and see-saw, so that is my kids's dedicated garden and my garden is mine. Still there is the occasional ball or dog ploughing into something.
Posted By: Triss Re: Can anyone identify this beautiful Weed??? - August 31st, 2005 at 03:16 AM
We get that once in a while too, but nothing too major, the area is well recessed and just seems to be safe from it all. Next year when I wrap the garden around the house, it may be another whole story, but will worry about that one then!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]