This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#109318 July 8th, 2005 at 08:53 AM
Those ARE great hostas! Wow! smile
I had no idea the dragons blood sedum was so pretty! Or so pink? I thought that was supposed to be red? But it's gorgeous!

I've never seen hens and chicks bloom - is the pink flower in the middle of the pic the hens/chicks flower?

#109319 July 8th, 2005 at 09:10 AM
is the pink flower in the middle of the pic the hens/chicks flower?
yes, Mary - the pink flowers are the hens and chicks bloom - the stalk is the green stem that you see from the bottom left corner in the picture.

My dragon's blood has always bloomed this pink, and I have bought it a few different places from different sources, so I know this is not a fluke. I would have also thought that the flowers would be more red - especially with that name!

#109320 July 8th, 2005 at 04:20 PM
great pics everybody! lynne I'm so glad that you posted the hen and chicks blooming...I have a couple and one of them has grown a tall stem and has a flower stalk looking thing....so I think it's gonna flower...yay!!!!!!!! this is my first ever time growing them :-) and I also have some dragon's blood sedum. I didn't know that it bloomed too?! how do you get them to bloom? mine are just leaves?? and I also thing that we have a ton of wild trumpet vine at the end of our road...it's orange and is in bloom...I'll take a couple pics of it when I go down there if my camera will work...I gotta get a battery charger with chargeable batteries for the dang thing :-(

#109321 July 8th, 2005 at 04:57 PM
Hi MissJamie ~

Congrats on your hens and chicks bloom! Don't be too upset when the hen dies - the chicks will eventually fill out where the hen was.

My dragon's blood sedum just bloomed by itself, though I'm not sure if it bloomed the first year or so - I've had it for many, many years.

Yep, the typical trumpet vine is orange, and does grow wild in some areas. I originally bought one red (orange) and one yellow - the red one hasn't bloomed in a few years - I don't think it gets enough sun where it is - it grows behind the yellow one up over my shed roof, and under some very tall trees. The yellow one blooms where it reaches out towards the sun.

Can't wait to see your pictures! clp

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard