This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#109293 July 7th, 2005 at 05:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stargazer, calla, canna and Easter lilies are all my favorites! :rolleyes:

#109294 July 7th, 2005 at 08:55 AM
Meg, your wildflowers are so pretty and that white rose is beautiful.

plants 'n pots, what is that bluish, purple flower? So pretty.

Cricket, I don't have any calla's and I don't know what a stargazer is. When they bloom please post a picture.

#109295 July 7th, 2005 at 09:28 AM
Hi Sheri - the bluish purple flower on the left side of the picture is campanula persificola - I got it at a plant swamp this past spring - it's a winner! I cannot for the life of me remember what the other purple flower is in that picture!

Stargazer lilies are gorgeous! I used to have some, but it seems that they didn't come back this year - or the deer got to them too much last year and they didn't return. Can't wait to see Cricket's pictures of them!

#109296 July 7th, 2005 at 02:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Sheri and Lynne,

I will post photos of this years stargazers when they bloom but meanwhile here is photo of last year's:

[Linked Image]

#109297 July 7th, 2005 at 06:45 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Those are super!!! Do they just appear to be so much larger than most or are they super duper ones?

#109298 July 7th, 2005 at 07:04 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Mornin TK...I have been meaning to ask you if you have a place (or would even want some) Lambs ear? I have bookoos and would be happy to send you some. I love it and it is pretty maintence free (my kind of plant!) thumbup Let me know!

#109299 July 7th, 2005 at 07:09 PM
Cricket ~ all I can say is...

flw flw flw WOW!!! flw flw flw

#109300 July 7th, 2005 at 07:36 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
lol Lambs ear. Did you read where I thought I had bought some but actually had a different plant? That was so funny. Can I ask a few questions first?

You know I have pretty much clay rather than good amended soil do you think it would survive that? And then there is the water thing. I have to hand carry it out to the garden from my upstairs apartment so they don't get a lot of water. I still can't figure out if I have sun or shade back there. That sounds dumb doesn't it. I mean how hard could it be to figure out? But everytime I think I know I walk out there and it is different. The building shades it in the morning and the shadow of the maple moves in the afternoon so I guess it's partial shade pretty much everywhere except where I put the hosta and peonies of course.

The hosta I finally got moved but I'm afraid to move the peonies. I so don't want to lose those. But then that is another topic isn't it?

And then I don't understand so good. These are seeds? I have a list down in seed exchange. Is there something down there that is of interest? And I guess I need to add the other seeds that Phoenix sent me that were originally for hinda. Since I can't send them and Phoenix did not wish me to send them back.

#109301 July 8th, 2005 at 03:53 AM
Here are mine that I took pictures of yesterday and didn't get time to post them.

This is my ice plant...my favorite!
[Linked Image]

One of my Petunia baskets
[Linked Image]

The butterfly bush (small blooms this year)
[Linked Image]

One of my hosta...surrounded by more weeds
[Linked Image]

#109302 July 8th, 2005 at 03:54 AM
I have no clue what this plant is...but this is the 2nd time it is blooming!
[Linked Image]

This isn't really blooming....haha...there are our "asparagus trees" as Stephen calls them. The asparagus is in seed right now. laugh
[Linked Image]

Glads in front of the pump...haven't bloomed yet, nor do I think they ever will.
[Linked Image]

Daylilies
[Linked Image]

Another daylily...this one is like a triple bloom!!! This mass of daylilies always gives me multiple blooms! Last year, they were all double, but this one is triple!! Anyone ever have this??? ...or do I have my species of flower wrong? Duh
[Linked Image]

#109303 July 8th, 2005 at 04:41 AM
Great pictures, Jenn! I've never seen an ice plant in a hanging basket before - what a great idea! I had mine in the ground and it hardly grew at all, and definitely did not come back the following year.

I've also never seen a triple lily before - wow!

Here's my lacecap hydrangea a few days later - you can see that the colors are coming out a bit more now. I found the tag and it is:

blue bird lacecap hydrangea
[Linked Image]
I definitely need to add some aluminum to the soil next year to bring back the blues.

Here is some nice bright yellow coreopsis to brighten up this dismal, cloudy, and cool day here today:
[Linked Image]

And... some pink spirea that brightens up a corner of my backyard:
[Linked Image]

I'll post a few more in the next post so it doesn't slow down your computers. thumbup

#109304 July 8th, 2005 at 04:50 AM
I LOVE the hygrangea and the spirea!!!! I think I like those purple-ish colors. smile

#109305 July 8th, 2005 at 04:54 AM
Here are some new blooms that came out today.

So...its possible for a triple bloom then??? What cuases it? Is it just that specific color? Because I have another grouping of that same plant a far corner of the bed and it blooms the same way!

[Linked Image]

#109306 July 8th, 2005 at 05:07 AM
My first attempt at growing monarda - got it in a swap this past spring:
[Linked Image]

When we were in Puerto Rico last summer we saw many Chenille plants growing bush sized there - the flowers are so soft and furry! I was lucky enough to find a small one here at a local farm a few weeks ago:
[Linked Image]

Here is a corner of my front porch. We just pulled out some awful evergreen bushes that the deer eat every year, and moved the hosta forward a little bit. It looks so much better without those bushes, I feel like I can breathe again!
[Linked Image]

#109307 July 8th, 2005 at 05:19 AM
WOW WOW WOW!
Jenn I think your hosta is a sum & substance - my favorite! They get HUGE! Oh, and the first picture, yellow flowers - could that be a trumpet vine? And, those lilies are way cool with a triple bloom - never saw such a thing! You get some kinda mutant flowers there or what? laugh I want some! wink

Lynne thanks so much for getting the name of that hydrangea - moved right up to the TOP of my wishlist - it's gorgeous! Do you have it in sun/part/shade? And I looooooooove that chenille plant! I've never seen anything like it...I'll have to look out for one - do they come in different colors too?

#109308 July 8th, 2005 at 05:23 AM
Mary,
I'm going to have to look up a trumpet vine to see if that what it is....its not a vine tho....more like a massive amount of those clover-looking things with yellow flowers on them. BTW~~ I posted some pics for you in the pond section.

Come for a visit and take some of these lilies!! smile

#109309 July 8th, 2005 at 05:35 AM
Already visited your pond...walked back over to the yellow flowers LOL! We have a bunch of clover with yellow flowers like that...can't really tell how big yours is. Ours grows about 6" off the ground. MY SIL showed me if you pick the yellow flowers and eat them, they're kinda sweet tasting. Though I'm not recommending you chomp yours to see if it's the same stuff LOL!

#109310 July 8th, 2005 at 05:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jenn, could your mystery yellow flowers be buttercups?

#109311 July 8th, 2005 at 05:41 AM
Not sure what Jenn's yellow flower is, but it is definitely not trumpet vine - mine should be in bloom any day now and I'll try and post a pic.

Mary ~ my hydrangea grows in full day sun - even though it is recommended not to do that, I've never had a problem with it in the 6 or so years that I've had it.

As far as I know, the chenille plant only comes in red... but then again, I've never seen one in another color, so they might exist... Duh

#109312 July 8th, 2005 at 06:26 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Mary posted everything I wanted to say before I got here lol. I love all the new pictures. Thank you so much for spliting up the pictures. My computer goes into that out of virtual memory message and then won't talk to me for ages when it gets overloaded. I just bought seeds for several rather large house plants. Don't know exactly how I'm going to handle that but at least I have time to try and figure it out. I even found seeds for a miniature coffee plant that is suppose to supply a generous harvest is spite of it's small size 3 feet. In my tiny apartment this is going to be very funny lol.

#109313 July 8th, 2005 at 06:55 AM
LOL TK I think I need a coffee plant too - or 10. Wonder how many beans you'd get from one tree? Hmmm I'd probably need a few hundred laugh

Lynne, thanks - I think it's gorgeous, and want to get more hydrangeas - have always loved them...but am lacking shade areas for them, so I'm also glad to hear it's doing so well in full sun. You mean you have a trumpet vine TOO? Gawsh girl, I envy your garden! We had one last year that I could swear opened in the fall, but can't remember for sure. Someone told us it was rare or something, I dunno...but I'll be watching for it this fall I can guarantee you that! wink

#109314 July 8th, 2005 at 07:49 AM
I will post a couple pictures of the mysterious yellow flower up in the mystery flower section.

Mary, here are some pictures of my really big hostas. The second picture is of my "beanbag chair" hosta....that's what I call it b/c its soo big. The rule on the hostas is 18 inches long.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#109315 July 8th, 2005 at 08:19 AM
Great hostas, Jenn! Duh
[Linked Image]

Hen and chicks flower stalk - after it's done flowering the mother hen plant dies off - what a shame!
[Linked Image]

Cleome - gotta love this plant, even though it does smell like a skunk and has a very thorny stem!!! frown But... that's also why the deer and woodchucks leave it alone! thumbup
[Linked Image]

#109316 July 8th, 2005 at 08:23 AM
I wish I had a better camera - no matter what I do with this one, I can't seem to get a clear and focused picture.

Hope you don't mind these...

both are Nicotiana - everyone says that they smell sooooo sweet, but I have never found a scent on any of mine yet. Duh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#109317 July 8th, 2005 at 08:32 AM
We have alot of deer here, but they don't seem to bother my plants. I wonder why?? Duh

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard