This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#108483 August 15th, 2005 at 06:38 PM
OP Offline
Hello, Friends!

I just have to share some good news with all of you. You know that I haven't been "talking" much lately in the forums. I have been extremely worried over some tests that I have been going through to find out what is going on with the left side of my body. One thing that is clear now, though, is that it is NOT cancer again. I am so relieved. I have been terrified.

I still have more tests to be done. The doctor was thinking it may be costochondritis, but now is thinking that my ribs may be displaced. My side is really bothering me and my shoulder, arm, and neck are always burning. After more tests this week, we will be working on a game plan to get me fixed.

Jim has been a sweetheart through this whole ordeal, but I know he will gladly hand the tractor keys back over to me for mowing. It has been taking him three days after work to mow everything that I normally mow in one day. Vacuuming is not something he has enjoyed, either. wink We are just so relieved to find out that it is not cancer again. I feel like I am ready to tackle the world now.

Dianna

#108484 August 15th, 2005 at 06:43 PM
Meg Offline
Oh Dianna, I am sooooooooo glad that it's not cancer.

Just to make you smile (I hope..)

my thoughts when I read your "topic"..

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geiko! wink grinnnn

Again, very very happy that it's not cancer, and hope that all is well again soon. {{{hugs}}}

#108485 August 15th, 2005 at 06:46 PM
OP Offline
laugh laugh laugh

You are a treasure, Meg!

Dianna

#108486 August 15th, 2005 at 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so happy for you! Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as you thought kissies

Keep us posted thumbup

I'll say a prayer for you.

G-Mom grinnnn

#108487 August 15th, 2005 at 07:29 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for the prayer, G-mom!

Right now I am just wondering how they are planning on putting my ribs back in their proper place, if that is what it is. I have heard lots of horror stories about chiropractors breaking ribs doing adjustments and I really don't want to be put to sleep for some kind of surgery. Makes me nervous just thinking about it.

Dianna

#108488 August 15th, 2005 at 07:35 PM
kissies I'm so glad it's not cancer. Hope all the tests go well.

#108489 August 15th, 2005 at 07:45 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Good News is Right Dianna!!!
Good News indeed!!!

Keep thinking positive.... kissies angell flw gab

#108490 August 15th, 2005 at 07:57 PM
OP Offline
Thanks, ButtonsMom and Weezie!

*thinking positive* Maybe they can give me a pill to relocate them! laugh

Dianna

#108491 August 15th, 2005 at 08:02 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That would be great....
*I'd like one for gut reduction
and boob picker~uppers*

#108492 August 15th, 2005 at 08:05 PM
OP Offline
I could use those, too, Weezie. Except I need a pill to give me some boobs instead of picking them up! laugh I have a gut, though. Wonder if a pill could split it up and move it north?

Dianna

#108493 August 15th, 2005 at 08:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh ROFL laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#108494 August 15th, 2005 at 08:19 PM
So glad for your good news, Dianna, so glad.

kissies

Merme

#108495 August 15th, 2005 at 08:54 PM
Dianna I am so glad it's not cancer.
Hope your other tests this week are ok. Keep us posted! wavey kissies

Lisaxx

#108496 August 15th, 2005 at 09:02 PM
OP Offline
Thank you, Lisa and Merme!

Dianna

#108497 August 15th, 2005 at 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a time you've had waiting for the tests to come back...that is the worst part....

I'm so relieved for you, it's great news that it's not cancer.....

Sending out prayers that they find an easy way to fix things for you....And don't worry, if you have to be put to sleep for surgery just ask them for a valium first...that's what I did and I honestly wouldn't have cared if they cut off my legs.....LOL Okay, well that's a lie, I might have cared a little but it really helped with my nerves.

#108498 August 15th, 2005 at 10:09 PM
OP Offline
Valium doesn't work for me, Loz. The first time I had surgery for cancer, I was afraid I wasn't going to wake up. Just the thought of being "out of it" terrifies me. sca

I just got off the phone with radiology. I am scheduled for an MRI on Thursday, the 18th, at 1:40 in the afternoon. I hate closed-up places, too. I feel like I am smothering in those things....

Dianna

#108499 August 15th, 2005 at 10:46 PM
Dixie,
So happy the tests came out good so far for you- do they happen to have an open MRI anywhere close you could be sent to.... I don't like closed spaces either- they would have to drug me to get me in one for sure---
Prayers for a easy fix for your ribs-
Nana

#108500 August 15th, 2005 at 10:54 PM
OP Offline
Nana, I have never heard of an open MRI. It would be cool if that is what it is going to be done in. At least I wouldn't feel as if I were smothering. I don't know what this state has around here.

I will probably take a muscle relaxer before I go.

Dianna

#108501 August 15th, 2005 at 11:25 PM
Dianna, whenever you really must have surgery, ask to have a chat ahead of time with the anesthesiologist or someone on his team.

Explain to him the exact nature of your anxiety about sedation, and be really honest.

Most anestthesiologists or anesthetists have what they call "a happy cocktail". Dunno what exactly they put in it because it varies from patient to patient, depending on health, drug tolerances, and other factors. But they will mix something up that really will work for you.

No reputable physician or surgeon wants any patient to experience any more anxiety or physical discomfort than is absolutely necessary. Upset patients can have greater difficulties with the procedures and patients in pain can take longer to heal.

But they won't know about your needs unless you tell them. And remember: you always have the right to say "NO. Don't do that to me. Find a way to do it so I'm less anxious and in less pain."

Doctors have a really remarkable srsenal of helpful medications at their disposal. So don't be shy about speaking up for yourself and then trusting the guy's expertise to keep you comfortable.

It doesn't help anyone -- not you or your team -- to do the best work on your behalf if you just try to stay silent and "brave". Bravery isn't the issue; getting well is. And you will probably get well quicker if you have less anxiety and less pain.

All the best wishes for a speedy resolution to these difficulties ~ We're all rooting for ya,

kissies

Merme

#108502 August 15th, 2005 at 11:32 PM
Dianna ,
Do hope you take Merme's advice about asking about something to relax you- and ask if they have the open MRI somewhere close- they have one that travels here- have seen it parked at different hospitals - clinics-... sure would be asking for it if I ever needed to have one-- would make me feel so much better about it.
Nana

#108503 August 15th, 2005 at 11:47 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Dianna...
I just got back from the doctor and read this topic.
I'm so glad it's not cancer. kissies

After more tests this week, we will be working on a game plan to get me fixed.
...and I will be praying for you.

Cindy

#108504 August 16th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ooo I had an MRI done some years back and it was not one of those nice open kind either...I was stuck in a little tube with all kinds of lound clanging for about a half an hour.....Most of you know I get panic attacks...well before I went into it I told myself that all of those poor people that died on 9/11 would do anything to be in my place right now....told myself to grow up and get it over with. And you know, it worked...I just shut my eyes and tried to relax.

I'll be praying!

#108505 August 16th, 2005 at 03:28 AM
OP Offline
Merme, if they put a cocktail (margarita, please) in my iv, I would be good to go! laugh Seriously, though, thank you for recommending that I talk to the anesthesiologist before surgery (if that happens). I never thought about meeting him/her before surgery to talk about my fears.

Nana, I will ask about the open MRI. It would be nice to not have to be enclosed.

Laura, I have had panic attacks in the past, too. I have had MRI's done before and I have had to battle with myself to stay calm.

Cindy, thank you for saying some prayers for me, too. I know that you can sympathize with me over the relief that I felt when cancer was ruled out this time.

Thank you all for caring. kissies

Dianna

#108506 August 16th, 2005 at 09:21 AM
Dianna

So glad that you are getting some answers to what is going on with your side, and that they are not horrifying ones. I hope you do ok with the MRI, those things wig me out too!

Keeping you in my prayers!

#108507 August 16th, 2005 at 09:54 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Dianna..isn't GOOD news just the best? I am elated for you finding out about your ribs...I can only imagine the fear that must have been going through you r mind during the wait. Things will work out like a charm now...you will be good as new!!! kissies

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard