A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Dixie Angel Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 06:38 PM
Hello, Friends!

I just have to share some good news with all of you. You know that I haven't been "talking" much lately in the forums. I have been extremely worried over some tests that I have been going through to find out what is going on with the left side of my body. One thing that is clear now, though, is that it is NOT cancer again. I am so relieved. I have been terrified.

I still have more tests to be done. The doctor was thinking it may be costochondritis, but now is thinking that my ribs may be displaced. My side is really bothering me and my shoulder, arm, and neck are always burning. After more tests this week, we will be working on a game plan to get me fixed.

Jim has been a sweetheart through this whole ordeal, but I know he will gladly hand the tractor keys back over to me for mowing. It has been taking him three days after work to mow everything that I normally mow in one day. Vacuuming is not something he has enjoyed, either. wink We are just so relieved to find out that it is not cancer again. I feel like I am ready to tackle the world now.

Dianna
Posted By: Meg Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 06:43 PM
Oh Dianna, I am sooooooooo glad that it's not cancer.

Just to make you smile (I hope..)

my thoughts when I read your "topic"..

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geiko! wink grinnnn

Again, very very happy that it's not cancer, and hope that all is well again soon. {{{hugs}}}
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 06:46 PM
laugh laugh laugh

You are a treasure, Meg!

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 07:20 PM
I am so happy for you! Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as you thought kissies

Keep us posted thumbup

I'll say a prayer for you.

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 07:29 PM
Thanks for the prayer, G-mom!

Right now I am just wondering how they are planning on putting my ribs back in their proper place, if that is what it is. I have heard lots of horror stories about chiropractors breaking ribs doing adjustments and I really don't want to be put to sleep for some kind of surgery. Makes me nervous just thinking about it.

Dianna
Posted By: ButtonsMom Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 07:35 PM
kissies I'm so glad it's not cancer. Hope all the tests go well.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 07:45 PM
Good News is Right Dianna!!!
Good News indeed!!!

Keep thinking positive.... kissies angell flw gab
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 07:57 PM
Thanks, ButtonsMom and Weezie!

*thinking positive* Maybe they can give me a pill to relocate them! laugh

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 08:02 PM
That would be great....
*I'd like one for gut reduction
and boob picker~uppers*
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 08:05 PM
I could use those, too, Weezie. Except I need a pill to give me some boobs instead of picking them up! laugh I have a gut, though. Wonder if a pill could split it up and move it north?

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 08:07 PM
laugh ROFL laugh

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: Merme Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 08:19 PM
So glad for your good news, Dianna, so glad.

kissies

Merme
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 08:54 PM
Dianna I am so glad it's not cancer.
Hope your other tests this week are ok. Keep us posted! wavey kissies

Lisaxx
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 09:02 PM
Thank you, Lisa and Merme!

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 09:34 PM
What a time you've had waiting for the tests to come back...that is the worst part....

I'm so relieved for you, it's great news that it's not cancer.....

Sending out prayers that they find an easy way to fix things for you....And don't worry, if you have to be put to sleep for surgery just ask them for a valium first...that's what I did and I honestly wouldn't have cared if they cut off my legs.....LOL Okay, well that's a lie, I might have cared a little but it really helped with my nerves.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 10:09 PM
Valium doesn't work for me, Loz. The first time I had surgery for cancer, I was afraid I wasn't going to wake up. Just the thought of being "out of it" terrifies me. sca

I just got off the phone with radiology. I am scheduled for an MRI on Thursday, the 18th, at 1:40 in the afternoon. I hate closed-up places, too. I feel like I am smothering in those things....

Dianna
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 10:46 PM
Dixie,
So happy the tests came out good so far for you- do they happen to have an open MRI anywhere close you could be sent to.... I don't like closed spaces either- they would have to drug me to get me in one for sure---
Prayers for a easy fix for your ribs-
Nana
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 10:54 PM
Nana, I have never heard of an open MRI. It would be cool if that is what it is going to be done in. At least I wouldn't feel as if I were smothering. I don't know what this state has around here.

I will probably take a muscle relaxer before I go.

Dianna
Posted By: Merme Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 11:25 PM
Dianna, whenever you really must have surgery, ask to have a chat ahead of time with the anesthesiologist or someone on his team.

Explain to him the exact nature of your anxiety about sedation, and be really honest.

Most anestthesiologists or anesthetists have what they call "a happy cocktail". Dunno what exactly they put in it because it varies from patient to patient, depending on health, drug tolerances, and other factors. But they will mix something up that really will work for you.

No reputable physician or surgeon wants any patient to experience any more anxiety or physical discomfort than is absolutely necessary. Upset patients can have greater difficulties with the procedures and patients in pain can take longer to heal.

But they won't know about your needs unless you tell them. And remember: you always have the right to say "NO. Don't do that to me. Find a way to do it so I'm less anxious and in less pain."

Doctors have a really remarkable srsenal of helpful medications at their disposal. So don't be shy about speaking up for yourself and then trusting the guy's expertise to keep you comfortable.

It doesn't help anyone -- not you or your team -- to do the best work on your behalf if you just try to stay silent and "brave". Bravery isn't the issue; getting well is. And you will probably get well quicker if you have less anxiety and less pain.

All the best wishes for a speedy resolution to these difficulties ~ We're all rooting for ya,

kissies

Merme
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 11:32 PM
Dianna ,
Do hope you take Merme's advice about asking about something to relax you- and ask if they have the open MRI somewhere close- they have one that travels here- have seen it parked at different hospitals - clinics-... sure would be asking for it if I ever needed to have one-- would make me feel so much better about it.
Nana
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - August 15th, 2005 at 11:47 PM
Dianna...
I just got back from the doctor and read this topic.
I'm so glad it's not cancer. kissies

After more tests this week, we will be working on a game plan to get me fixed.
...and I will be praying for you.

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Good news! - August 16th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
Ooo I had an MRI done some years back and it was not one of those nice open kind either...I was stuck in a little tube with all kinds of lound clanging for about a half an hour.....Most of you know I get panic attacks...well before I went into it I told myself that all of those poor people that died on 9/11 would do anything to be in my place right now....told myself to grow up and get it over with. And you know, it worked...I just shut my eyes and tried to relax.

I'll be praying!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 16th, 2005 at 03:28 AM
Merme, if they put a cocktail (margarita, please) in my iv, I would be good to go! laugh Seriously, though, thank you for recommending that I talk to the anesthesiologist before surgery (if that happens). I never thought about meeting him/her before surgery to talk about my fears.

Nana, I will ask about the open MRI. It would be nice to not have to be enclosed.

Laura, I have had panic attacks in the past, too. I have had MRI's done before and I have had to battle with myself to stay calm.

Cindy, thank you for saying some prayers for me, too. I know that you can sympathize with me over the relief that I felt when cancer was ruled out this time.

Thank you all for caring. kissies

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: Good news! - August 16th, 2005 at 09:21 AM
Dianna

So glad that you are getting some answers to what is going on with your side, and that they are not horrifying ones. I hope you do ok with the MRI, those things wig me out too!

Keeping you in my prayers!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Good news! - August 16th, 2005 at 09:54 AM
Dianna..isn't GOOD news just the best? I am elated for you finding out about your ribs...I can only imagine the fear that must have been going through you r mind during the wait. Things will work out like a charm now...you will be good as new!!! kissies
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 16th, 2005 at 06:52 PM
Thanks for remembering me in your prayers, Triss. My fears would overcome me if not for prayers.

Vanessa, I read your good news, too, and must say that I am equally elated for you. Quite a few of us have been going through dark tunnels and I am so happy that some of us are starting to see light now. Hopefully, the rest will have good news to share before too long, too!

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: Good news! - August 16th, 2005 at 09:23 PM
I am with you on that sentiment Dianna. Hopefully our roads of darkness are coming into the light and everyone soon with have good news to share!
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Good news! - August 18th, 2005 at 08:18 PM
Dianna
Some chiropracters use an activator which is much more gentle than the other approach. Ribs are pretty flexible - if they have to be "put back" it will be the muscles that hurt the most. I had costochondritis - flaming pain in the rib joints but I never experienced arm or shoulder pain.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 18th, 2005 at 09:59 PM
Bev, what is an activator? The pain I am suffering from is why he thinks I have dislocated my ribs. The arm, shoulder, and neck pain is a burning sensation that is chronic. Originally he thought it was costochondritis until I mentioned the other pain at my last office visit.

I had to re-schedule my MRI for next Wednesday. They were wanting $716.80 (10%) up front to do them. I am responsible for 20%. shk Needless to say, my money tree is failing me terribly. Nothing on it but leaves! laugh

Anyway, I am going to call around to all the hospitals in this area and see if it can be done cheaper somewhere else. This is ridiculous. Even with insurance costs are formidable.

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: Good news! - August 18th, 2005 at 10:51 PM
Dianna,

Ouch on that price tag. I hope you can find it MUCH less expensive elsewhere!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Good news! - August 19th, 2005 at 07:20 AM
That is great news. Thanks for sharing with us and keep us posted.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 19th, 2005 at 07:30 AM
This is awefully pricey,
I'd check around too!!!!

Tell your doctor the money
tree is all dried up and
can't find any new one's to
plant yet!!! wink wink wink
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Good news! - August 19th, 2005 at 07:36 AM
Well hope you find somewhere less pricy too- my SIL had a cat scan a few weeks ago to make sure he had passed a kidney stone and there wasn't another one--- that bill was over 3 grand- thank goodness their insurance picked it up- he said it lasted all of 10 minutes.... medical costs are ridiculously high.
Nana
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Good news! - August 21st, 2005 at 07:42 AM
That price is obscene, my husband had one 3 years ago on his lower back and it was only $1800 total (only - ha!). Maybe you can get a referal to someplace less expensive, it can't hurt to ask.

An activator is a small hand held device that to me looks like a doorstop on a spring. The chiropractor identifies the problem spot and uses the activator to put it back where it belongs - no pulling, twisting, crunching or pain. Good luck with your search for help.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 12:39 AM
Well, got the doctor down to just one MRI instead of three. I will be going tomorrow afternoon at 12:40.

I called around to see if I could find a cheaper place to have it done. It will cost us a total of $476.80 and the insurance will cover the rest. Still pretty pricey, but it will be worth it if my side gets fixed. Couldn't find an "open" one anywhere...

Bev, thanks for explaining the activator to me. Maybe now if I have to go to the chiropractor to have my ribs relocated, I won't be as afraid.

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 12:45 AM
Dianna,

I hope it all goes quicly tomorrow. Will be thinking about you and praying that they can find and fix what is going on not only painlessly but more important QUICKLY!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 01:25 AM
Yes, Ditto on what Triss said.......... kissies thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 09:54 AM
Diana...you will certainly be in my thoughts & prayers tomorrow! I am so glad you are getting this taken care of....and yes, I hate it that medical is so expensive....I think we have bought our share of hospital wings this year!!!! I keep looking for our name to be on a gold plate somewhere in the hospital...but haven't seen it yet!!!!
Be sure and keep us posted on your results!!!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 07:02 PM
Triss and Weezie, I would rather have it as painlessly as possible, please. I can take it being a while longer as long as it doesn't hurt too bad. I am allergic to pain......

I think that the whole Garden Helper family has some sort of stock in the hospital, Vanessa. Should have, anyway.

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 07:34 PM
Dianna...
You're in my thoughts today. kissies

Cindy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 07:37 PM
Will be thinking of you allllllll day Dianna,
and sending positive thoughts for you!!!!! thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 07:38 PM
Thanks, Cindy and Weezie! I am dreading being cooped up in that cylinder...

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 07:43 PM
Just think positive thoughts..

Think of gardening, and flowers and rainbows
and the smell of green~freshly cut grass *don't think of actually cutting it, unless you LOVE cutting it* or the smell of your favoritest flower or Jim's cologne shocked , of smelling freshly laundred *is that a word?* clothing fresh from the line or dryer, think of family thanksgiving dinners, or the first falling of snow.. or the sound of birds in the spring time....
ohhhh, you get my drift... concentrate on the things that really take your mind away from where you are, and you'll be thru that in no time at all.
Think happy and positive thoughts and KNOW GOD IS WATCHING OVER YOU AND IS INSIDE THERE WITH YOU TOO.
*oh, not making it too tight either... just right*
Give him a quick talkin' to while you're in there for all the good in your life and how it will be good after too!!! wink kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 07:43 PM
Might take a few cd's with you...they give you headphones and you can listen to music when you're in there.
(You just can't start dancing!)
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 07:45 PM
beer, weezie
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 07:47 PM
And use that "Dread" feeling to your advantage..
that after you get thru it, NOTHING can be so bad...you'll always get to and be on the other side of "conflict"...as long as you have faith..
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 07:48 PM
Okay, Beer it is Cindy...

Glad to see your typing shorter words this time..
heheehe...
I had to go back and give a second thing to think on, on the way there.... wink
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 08:21 PM
Thanks for the ideas, Gals! I think I will use the time in there to pray for all my garden friends...Lord knows everyone is going through lots more serious stuff than I am now. And what better place to listen for that still, small voice....

That ought to take my mind off of ME and that tiny place I will be in. It seems like it is shrinking the more that I am dreading it... laugh

Dianna
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 09:56 PM
Dianna - I have sent you a PM, but am wishing you a very easy time today, and a quick road to recovery once they find out what the problem is.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Good news! - August 24th, 2005 at 10:26 PM
Dianna...positive thoughts & prayer going your way today!!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 01:11 AM
Dianna,

You are in my thoughts and prayers today. May your world today be open and wide with clear blue skies and all of the wonderful things you love surrounding you. You can make that happen no matter where you might be. Let your mind make the trip and the Lord will guide you there.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 02:06 AM
I made it through the test alive!!!!YAY! I am soooo glad that is over. Guess what! They DID have an open MRI thingamajig for me to have that test in. I was relieved. Still felt like I was smothering, but at least I could see out when I opened my eyes. I still had to lie down in it, though. It wasn't a standing thing...

You know something I can't figure out? Why would he consider the c-spine MRI more important than the thoracic MRI? The c-spine is the one I had today. I know I told him that my left shoulder, arm, and my neck burns and aches all the time, but I want something done for my hurting ribs. Maybe I need to google to find out exactly what the certain tests are for?

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. I feel fortunate to have you all as friends...

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 02:36 AM
I was wondering how you made out today....
Just got back and glad you posted!!!

Good to know you made it out okay, and
they had an open one for you!!!

Thanks for letting us know...

And, we feel pretty fortunate to have you here too!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 02:39 AM
i was wondering how you did too. and to answer your question about the c-spine... if you have pinching there, it can affected everything from your nose to your toes. ALL your nerves transmit through there.

glad you made it through, hang in there!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 02:50 AM
Yay Dianna!!! You made it through with flying colors!!! Jiffy is right about the c~spine..it can be the most important test there is. I will be praying for excellent results for you! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 02:56 AM
Dianna,

I am so glad you had a better test than you were thinking it might be. Hope you get some good results soon!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 06:25 AM
Dianna...glad to get back here and read that you did O.K. with the MRI.
That's so odd how some things bother some people...like most people don't like to be confined in a space like that.
...but I wouldn't mind it a bit.
It would seem like a cocoon to me...a safe, snug place. grinnnn
Unless, of course, there was a spider [Linked Image] in there! sca

I'll be praying for good results...
Cindy [Linked Image]
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 06:38 AM
Dianna
So glad your test was ok! wavey Hope you get some good results soon. kissies
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 06:50 PM
Thanks, Gang! I feel better knowing that that test is behind me now instead of looming before me. I do not like small spaces. Elevators, small rooms, anything enclosed that is little makes me nervous.

Cindy, if a spider got in the thing with me, the Imaging Center would be the only place with an open MRI machine with a skylight! I would have come out of the thing! laugh laugh laugh

My side was really bothering me last night. Probably because I mowed on Monday and Tuesday... I just can't stand the thought of Jim having to mow when he works hard all day long. I told him what I need to do is put that tractor in eighth gear and fly across our back three acres. As rutted as they are, that would probably put my ribs back into place for me. laugh

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 07:53 PM
I feel better knowing that that test is behind me now instead of looming before me.
Yeah...I'm sure that's a load off your mind big time, since you hate small spaces. And those things take a long time, don't they? Or, does it just seem that way?
Brennan had to have his last one when he was 4 (on his brain/skull). It seemed like it took forever...
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 25th, 2005 at 08:36 PM
I think it took about 45 minutes. I kept my eyes closed for most of the time and prayed for all of those here that need prayers.

How in the world did y'all keep Brennan still for that scan? It is totally against a child's nature to be still. I found out with mine.

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - August 31st, 2005 at 08:17 PM
Sooooooooo when do you get the results??????
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - August 31st, 2005 at 09:22 PM
Haven't heard a word from the doctor's office yet, Weezie. I will probably end up having to call to make another appointment before they will tell me anything. Like I haven't had to pay enough for tests and doctor visits already...

Dianna
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Good news! - August 31st, 2005 at 09:29 PM
Isn't that just soooooo frustrating, Dianna?!?
I hope you get good results really soon!

Lynne
Posted By: Triss Re: Good news! - August 31st, 2005 at 10:07 PM
That is just crazy, the results should be part of the fees you already paid!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - September 1st, 2005 at 09:33 PM
I am waiting to call the doctor Monday, if his office doesn't call before then to give me the results of the MRI. I can't believe that they haven't called me yet. Patience is not one of my virtues, let me assure you...

He knows I am in pain, and he knows what I need to have done by now. Doctor's offices are so unorganized....

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - September 1st, 2005 at 09:42 PM
Patience is not one of my virtues, let me assure you...
When it comes to something like this, you shouldn't have to test your patience. They should just TELL YOU!

When Brennan had his MRI we would have gone crazy or ended up killing someone if we hadn't gotten results immediately. Brennan's doctor called someone in to read the MRI results after hours...then he called us immediately when he got the news from the MRI tech...no brain tumor.

I'm not very patient when it comes to something like this. frown

Cindy
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - September 7th, 2005 at 07:18 PM
Dianna...
Did you get your results yet?????????

Cindy Faye
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - September 7th, 2005 at 07:32 PM
Not yet, Cindy...

I am beginning to wonder about this new doctor that I have been seeing. Seems like he is a good one, but his office really is not organized. I wonder if he even got the message to call me?

By the way, good luck with your tests today. Did you drink your yummy milkshakes?

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - September 7th, 2005 at 08:10 PM
Did you drink your yummy milkshakes?
Not yet..... sca
Have to drink the first one at high noon!
[Linked Image]

That is so weird that you have that test and they can't seem to let you know the outcome. That stinks! :p
I get my results Monday.

Cindy
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 08:19 PM
I heard from the doctor's office this morning. The only thing the MRI found was degenerative bone disease in my neck. I asked about my ribs and the nurse told me to make an appointment with a chiropractor to get that taken care of...

I went to the doctor for my hurting ribs to start with. Don't know why I had to go through an MRI for my neck. I guess they just wanted to make sure that no nerves were pinched in there and referring pain to the ribs. Oh, well.

Jim is asking around at work to see if anyone there has been to a chiropractor. I am not crazy about just picking one out of the phone book. I will be making an appointment as soon as he finds a good one for me.

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 08:29 PM
Well...I'm glad you finally found out something!

I am not crazy about just picking one out of the phone book.
I'm with you on this...

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 08:32 PM
Unfortunately they have to do all of these tests to "rule out" everything to get to the real problem. It is expensive and consumes so much time!!!! We are going on 1 year, a surgery and 5 different Drs.....and hubby still has the original problem that started all of this!
I am thankful that there wasn't anything pinched orcrushed Dianna...
I have never been to a Chiroprater personally. I have a friend who swears they work like magic. I had an Osteopathis Dr that did adjustments on my back years agao...and I never had another problem. But, I am glad you are asking around...I will NOT go to a Dr unless I have talked to patients that use him/her....word of mouth speaks volumes! Glad you got some news! thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 08:41 PM
That's good news......
well, sort of....

What does
The only thing the MRI found was degenerative bone disease in my neck.
that mean???????????????????? sca ????

Yes, they have to do those test,
cause if they did an adjustment on you
and there was something wrong, other
than something a chiropracter can fix..

Once they started doing the adjusting,
they could do permenate damage to something else that's the underlying problem....
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 08:59 PM
Weezie, I assumed that degenerative bone disease came with aging......

I am worried that a chiropractor might break my ribs again trying to put them back in place. I am rather frightened by the whole thing.

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 09:32 PM
I like going to the chiropracter..
but I don't go alot, just when it's really
necessary...
and when I go, there's relief...
*theres' some pain after wards, cause what I've
had out, was out for a long time, and now
the muscle's need to re~adjust to being "in"...
But sometimes there's just times when you should go..

But I know exactly what you are talking about
with the trust factor.. I won't get into details on my end of why I don't like them, 'nuff to even scare me thumbup cool and I am all set
for another while longer...*it's been a longggggg time since I went*~*I don't over use or abuse going to them..*
Heck, I barely take an aspirin when in pain...
so, I tuff it out a long time...
*MIND OVER MATTER*

And I do other things that may help to relax those things if I have to..
Hot showers are high on my list..
Relaxes muscles and you and your body..
and love the lotions to pamper your self..
*although I don't get enough of that time*

but then, those capsasin heating pads work
great..or like a ICEY/HOT...

But go if you need to..
And finding one thru word of mouth is the best
way to find one.. when you have happy people w/
their chiro person, you'll end up having a good relationship...
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 09:49 PM
I was having some relief with a hot bath and a heating pad, but now...I have started having "hot flashes." Need I say more? laugh

Dianna
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 10:06 PM
degenerative bone disease came with aging......
That is correct and I am sure it wasn't enough for them to be "concerned" with...and there isn't a lot you can do about it. If it gets to the point of being a concern I think there is medication that will help slow the process...but it usually isn't that serious...it just sounds bad.
Dianna, Chiropratcters are very well trained and usually do not break bones unless it is on purpose...but they certainly would explain all of that first. You may want to contact some Orthapedic Drs and just ask what Chiropracter their offices recomends...that may help you in the choosing process.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 10:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Vanessa! I never thought about an orthopedic doctor. Surely he would know what I need for my ribs...

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: Good news! - September 9th, 2005 at 10:36 PM
Dianna,

I am really glad that there was nothing needing surgery in the MRI. I have had 2 experiences with Chiro's one bad and one awesome. I agree with everyone that getting referals and talking with them before you let them work on you is a good thing (didn't do that the first time). And I found when I have gone that if I go first thing in the morning when the day does not have a chance to make me even more tense that things go much better. Once you get a good Chiro that does good work you will want to kiss his/her feet for making you feel so good!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]