A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: txlawdog57 east texas pine tree - August 10th, 2005 at 11:42 PM
I planted a pine tree in my yard that I brought back from east texas last year and it is really growing good. i need advice on if there is anything i need to do or just leave it alone. do i stake it at a certain time or what. This tree was brought back as a young thing from my dad's place when he passed away and it means a lot to me. I do not want the winds to break it>
Posted By: Merme Re: east texas pine tree - August 11th, 2005 at 06:34 AM
Hi txlawdog57 ~ wavey

I am going to ask one of the hostesses to move this post for you to another spot where it will get more replies!

All the best to you and your tree.

Merme
Posted By: weezie13 Re: east texas pine tree - August 11th, 2005 at 07:35 AM
Hello Txlawdog57,

Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum,
and we are very glad you found us!!!!

I'm going to move your post into
PLANTS AND FLOWERS SECTION...
you'll get a few more responses in that
area...
Posted By: txlawdog57 Re: east texas pine tree - August 12th, 2005 at 08:25 AM
thank you for the welcome and putting my post where it belongs. kind of new to these boards,lol
Posted By: weezie13 Re: east texas pine tree - August 12th, 2005 at 08:54 AM
Not a problem..
And we've got a some Texan's here too,
Great folks...
Njoynit, Jimmy/JV, TxWildflower, and a few others.
Posted By: txlawdog57 Re: east texas pine tree - August 26th, 2005 at 11:58 AM
Duh well, i guess my tree is doing fine without any interference from me. it is still growing. angell
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: east texas pine tree - August 26th, 2005 at 07:11 PM
Sorry that I didn't have your answer, but I wanted to say that I grew up in Kilgore. What part of Texas are you from?

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: east texas pine tree - August 26th, 2005 at 09:12 PM
Txlawdog,
I'm really no tree person, but I know a tiny bit,
I am hopin' someone will come in and help a wee~bit more with your tree question...

But here's one question I might answer...

do i stake it at a certain time or what.
If the tree is little enough, I'd not stake it,
plant it regular how you did and tap the dirt around the base/roots, and make a firm contact with the soil..

But when growing plants and trees, they must learn to put out their own roots, and they put out
certain kinds, like the one's to feed it's self, but also one's to stablize it's self too...
And if you stake them, they have no reason to put those types of roots, because the staking stablizes them..
so, I personally wouldn't..

How tall was the tree??
If it was of some good size, I might stake it for a very short period of time, but then take it off.

I know how senimental some plants or things can be, my dad passed away, and I have several of his plants he gave me and some rocks from his rock garden, and those little things that remind you of them... kissies

Keep me gab posted crit on how your tree is doing!!!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]