A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: chermoni Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 12:21 AM
Everybody has their little quirks or pet peeves and I thought it might be fun to share some of them with each other. Here are some of mine. I can't eat a sandwich without wrapping it in a paper towel or napkin because I can't stand to have crumbs dripping all over the place. I hate it when someone puts the toilet paper on so that it comes out from underneath. I don't like having the silverware pointing down in the dishwasher. I like to hang all my clothes in the same direction. I hate when someone else folds my towels and they don't fold them all the same way and put them in a neat little pile in the closet. Okay so maybe I'm more obsessive/compulsive. I just thought this would be a fun and entertaining way to get to know each other a little differently.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 12:24 AM
Originally posted by chermoni:
I hate it when someone puts the toilet paper on so that it comes out from underneath.
We have had severallllll conversations here about that very subject....

I like it the same way, pulled from the top!!!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 01:31 AM
I can't eat/drink out of the same plate/cup as anyone[including family] without washing it first... nobody touches my plants lol laugh laugh I hate it when people go onto my bed or touch my clothes.. laugh laugh I'm a bit obvsessive as well.. laugh
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 01:33 AM
laugh laugh laugh I can't stand it when a stranger hugs me.. I don't like people touching me... nobody was allowed to kiss my kids when they were babys on the face... I really don't like eating at other peoples houses.. I have a million I could fill this thread...

The towel thing I am right on board!! shocked
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 01:35 AM
Ohhh nobody is ever allowed to touch food or drink of mine either frown May as well have the rest cause I am done!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 03:56 AM
My biggest one is when total strangers try and tell me how to raise my kids. It is bad enough when family does it but someone who has no darn clue about them or our life... oh man that just ticks me off to no end. I do love advice from friends though but then they never come at you with demands.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 03:56 AM
I can't think of too many right now laugh ...But I am very impatient mad with store clerks, too the point of making a scene in the store. And I always have to look at any sandwich inside before I eat it, even if I made it, I still look inside before I will eat it. And I agree about the toilet paper going over the top of the roll..and it also seems I am the only one who knows how to put it in the holder. nutz
Posted By: chermoni Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 03:59 AM
I know what you mean comfrey, most of the time the toilet paper just sits on the counter next to the toilet
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 04:00 AM
Same with the TP and towels for me. I am particular about the way my clothes are folded and all things hanging in the same direction. I don't like to share food except for with my kids.
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 04:06 AM
SpringFever-I HEAR YA !!!!!! I can't STAND it when a stranger touches me or hugs me without my consent.
Happens alot to me, and I HATE IT SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!
My other pet peeve is when someone, after my being introduced or introducing myself as Deborah, the person immediately calls me Debbie, and when corrected politely, says casually, "Oh, I'm used to (or more comfortable with) Debbie".
EXCUSE ME?????? It's not about THEIR comfort !
Posted By: Triss Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 04:15 AM
Oh man, I would upset so many people. I am big on hugs.
Posted By: tamara Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 12:07 PM
Wow, if I told you all mine you would sign me into an asylum. The more I think about them the more I could mention shk
Posted By: faerywatcher Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 12:21 PM
for once, i can't go on a rant!!!!!!!! the only thing that comes to mind is......

at work we hand out little sugar cookies in the bakery to children. it is amazing how many adults ask for some....but what peeves me off the most is
the ones that say.....

HEY, I NEED 3 COOKIES....
Posted By: faerywatcher Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 12:25 PM
i feel like saying...what you need is a rap in the mouth until you learn some manners!

i can't do that so i tell them WE'RE OUT!

i know i'm evil and going to h***, but whatever happened to PLEASE?

the ones that are not greedy, i usually give them 2 and tell them how polite they were!
Posted By: Tonya Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 02:21 PM
I hate it when "leaders" are unorganized(as in troop leaders, coaches, etc),

I am also very particular about how my clothes are folded and can't stand it when people fold things that are inside out. Drives me nutz when SUmmer or Doug pull their pants off and one leg is inside out... frown

I can't count money unless all the bills are facing the same direction and in order of highest to lowest (20s, 10s, 5s, then 1s)

I could go on and on!! shocked I am VERY ocd and "anal" as my hubby says!! (he's worse than me, tho!! laugh laugh ) lala
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 05:58 PM
I HAVE to have the TP over the top!! I've even been known to change it, in other peoples houses!!
I like my clothes in the closet to all face the same way, by lenth, by what they are, and colorized!!! That's from working in the clothing dept. at KMart for so many years; it sort of gets in the blood!
I don't like being out in public at a table with my back to the room!!!
If I am at a club or bar, I CANNOT stay put!! I am a table-hopper!
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 08:07 PM
On the TP. I like it over the top, too. When Teddy was little he did the usual unrolling thing. John, The Old Man, said to turn it the other way so the paper came from the back. I said that wouldn't fool him much. It took Teddy about 3 seconds to figure it wink out.
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 8th, 2007 at 08:53 PM
I hate shoes left in the living room.
I don't like it when Pete my boyfriend has been on the computer. (Cig ash all over the keyboard). mad
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 9th, 2007 at 02:32 AM
A main pet peeve is WITH my computer. I HATE it that it seems to have a mind of it's own and does whatever the h*ll IT wants to whenever IT wants to!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 9th, 2007 at 02:43 AM
I got to thinkin' of this post when I was watching a cooking show...
My pet peeve is to watch them shows, and have
the chef's/cook's touch raw meat or chicken or pork, and then just wipe their hands on a paper towel *or sometimes nothing* and then handle the spatula or handle of the pot/pan..
YUCKKKKKKKKKKKK~YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
That drives me boinkers..
I don't like meat juice on my hands, and need to wash it off as soon as I'm done with it...
Posted By: April Coria Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 9th, 2007 at 07:56 AM
i can not stand people coming over without calling first.. shoes on carpet (have a box by the front door for shoes to go in when you come in)... dont like people walking in and looking around... i have my hall covered so when you come in all you can see is the living room... rolling eyes (that urks me more than anything)... when you are talking to someone and they dont look you in the face (irregaurdless what you are talking about its just disrespectful not to look the person in the face).... also when i am doing something dont tell me well if you do it this way it will work better, if you know how best to do it then do it yourself if not leave me alone... being cut off in the middle of a sentence mad i have been known to not talk to jason for a whole day for that... yes i am picky or anal rententive or whatever you wanna call it but there is soooo much more... i just dont feel like listing them all lol... one last thing... cooking is my passion when i am cooking STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN PERIOD... if you need something tell me i will get it for you! yes i am crazy lol nutz
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 9th, 2007 at 11:18 AM
I don't get it when you have something Dear and near to you that is taken away as consequences in an act or deed you had nothing to do with ters
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 10th, 2007 at 06:34 PM
Disorganized leaders, I am so there with that. And probably because I have the same character defect. I've been told that what I like least in others is usually a characteristic that I share with them. It isn't always true but sometimes.

I think I've mentioned before that I hate meetings. That's mostly because I know I'll mess up during one sooner or later. And I do.

I can share off of the same plate but I'm not so good about drinks.

I wash my hands constantly when cooking. Sometimes I even bother myself doing that lol.

Definitely clerks and receptionist and other service employees who aren't well trained. I'm very likely to step in and give a training session right there. I can imagine I don't make many friends doing that. But I can't seem to keep my big mouth shut in that situation.

With my new church I am constantly meeting new people. Some who are offensive in minor social ways. Something I'm sure I'm guilty of often. And they really annoy me.

Well that's my list at the moment but I'm sure with a little thought I could add to it.
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 10th, 2007 at 07:51 PM
I like the TP over the top too. Empty icetrays, arghhhhh, drives me crazy! Trash thrown on the ground instead of in a trash can. Shopping carts out in the middle of the parking lot when the cart return is RIGHT there, ooooooooohhhh that REALLY ticks me off! Especially when they see you & put it right where you are trying to pull into a parking space mad I have had to exchange some words over this before, especially at Walmart. Fellow employees who are constantly missing work, or always late, very annoying. GOSSIP, HATE IT!!! That is all I can think of for the moment!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 10th, 2007 at 08:36 PM
The toilet paper works much better when it is UNDER! We've had this discussion on the forum before and I wish some of you would realize it falls much easier and is more readily grabbed when hanging down under. laugh laugh laugh

Try it!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 10th, 2007 at 09:11 PM
I like my toilet tissue under, too, Mel! Glad to see that I am not the only one...
Posted By: patunia Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 12:04 AM
joggers who have to run ON THE BUSY STREETS. how darn healthy is that? sucking up all those car fumes, and nearly causing head-on collisions from people trying to dodge around them. also young parents who just let their little ones tear around the table or worse, over to MY table, in a restaurant. i think if they can't behave themselves better than that, Mcdonald's will do till they can.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 12:29 AM
I'm a smoker, but I do not like seeing people take their kids in the smoking section of a restaurant...I think that should be illegal. It's not that hard to wait a while until you're done eating and fire one up outside.

I don't like when people park and take up 2 spaces when they could've just used one.

That's all for now.....I have lots more---brain isn't in good form tonight. laugh
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 12:51 AM
Diane, what you said earlier:

(I don't get it when you have something Dear and near to you that is taken away as consequences in an act or deed you had nothing to do with )

This also happened to me over Jan. and Feb. and I still don't get it or understand it and it still is killing me ters ters
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 01:03 AM
Awwwww I'm sorry Shirley , ~~ all's you can do is try forgive the offender, don't dwell on it and move on~~ lifes too short to spend energy trying to figure out other peoples thought process, when something unreasonable has been done and you end up hurt,, kissies I hope things are getting better for Ya .
Posted By: sibyl Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 03:08 AM
i hate when people chew food or gum with their mouth open! drives me crazy!!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 03:11 AM
Me two Sybil Or when you at the Movie theater and someone around you is chewing gum and "cracking bubbles" It irritates the heck outta me!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 03:24 AM
ya!
i also hate when your at a red light and someone pulls into the turning lane so they can cut in the stright lane!
had someone do that to me tonight! mad frown you know i floored it! lala he ate my dust!
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 03:59 AM
Yep, toilet paper UNDER looks so much more classy somehow. Hope I'm not making any enemies here...
I'd divorce any man who put it over the top ! LOL !
I despise people who smoke indoors with kids and pets in the house. I smoke but only on the patio and I wash my hands as soon as I come in-won't even touch my cat with smoke hands. Think of what a dear pet is licking off !
I hate tailgaters and always brake for them-kinda fun to scare them.
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 04:33 AM
I'm not going to complaint - but ditto to just about all of that!

AND - Hugs to all you from a stranger! I'm a touchy-feely person! Sorry! Can't help it!
kissies kissies kissies
Posted By: sibyl Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 07:35 AM
p
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 11th, 2007 at 12:57 PM
I hug too. But I throw my arms out wide so they can swerve if they can't handle it. Or if they just need a moment to adjust.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 03:39 AM
Originally posted by sibyl:
p
Ok sibyl, I'm with you on this one...I smoke in my house and in my truck, and with my animals around. I do not smoke around my little grand daughters though, or kids in general.
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 04:30 AM
I am sitting at my computer with a wide open window and a fan blowing out. I have been here all winter. It sucks the heat from the rest of the house in my direction and the smoke goes right out. If we had to pay for heat I probably wouldn't. When my old man quit smoking a couple of years ago, he turned into a ROYAL pain about smoke.
Posted By: Tonya Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 11:15 AM
When I smoked- I smoked inside until Doug quit, then I was only allowed to smoke outside. Since I quit- I keep an ashtray outside for our guests. You would not believe how hard it is to get dust and grime off of things in a house that people smoke in frown My things are sooooo much easier cleaned since we no longer smoke thumbup
Posted By: tamara Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 11:18 AM
Funny thing, When I smoked I never smoked in my house, I didn't like the smell of it. nutz Maybe that's why it was so easy to quit.
Posted By: chenno Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 02:36 PM
I cannot stand rude people, gossip or when people cough and sneeze and do not cover there mouth...
I have so many shocked ..that alone peeves me;-)
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 02:56 PM
I hate that too...when someone sneezes and doesnt cover their mouth.....or when i am in a public washroom and while i am washing my hands, the person in the stall beside me walks out without washing theirs shk :p :p :p :p :p YUCK!!!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 03:47 PM
How about the people that stand up to pee~pee
and pee on the seat!!! shk shk shk shk shk shk
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 04:28 PM
:p :p :p Ewwwwwwwwwww~~!!!!
Posted By: Tonya Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 04:53 PM
I hate going into a convenience store and the clerk being on the phone and getting irritated that you want to ask them something. mad THAT drives me nutz
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 05:00 PM
Here's another one..... Rude clerks!!!!!

One day last summer i had been working in the garden all day and had promised the girls that i would take them to this one store in our town that they shop at...they reminded me with about 20 minutes to closing that we had to go...off i went, dirty clothes, dirty face...get to the store and not one sales clerk would ask if we needed help, just stood there glaring at me, like what was ""I"" doing in their store....the kids each had a couple of items in their hands worth a couple hundred and i announced rather loudly that they could put the **** back that we werent shopping in that store....the owner who is a friend, heard me and came out from his office near the back.....called me by my first name, and asked what the problem was....when i told him that we were in the store a good 20 minutes and not once were we asked for help....not only did they have to apoligize...but i got a discount card.....they all call me by my name now.....rude sales clerks are the worst mad mad
Posted By: Tonya Re: Pet peeves and quirks - March 12th, 2007 at 05:11 PM
Go get 'em Penny!! laugh laugh I just about jumped over the counter at Wendy's once... mad Boy rude people really tweak my nerves :p
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]