This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#166489 March 8th, 2007 at 12:21 AM
OP Offline
Everybody has their little quirks or pet peeves and I thought it might be fun to share some of them with each other. Here are some of mine. I can't eat a sandwich without wrapping it in a paper towel or napkin because I can't stand to have crumbs dripping all over the place. I hate it when someone puts the toilet paper on so that it comes out from underneath. I don't like having the silverware pointing down in the dishwasher. I like to hang all my clothes in the same direction. I hate when someone else folds my towels and they don't fold them all the same way and put them in a neat little pile in the closet. Okay so maybe I'm more obsessive/compulsive. I just thought this would be a fun and entertaining way to get to know each other a little differently.

#166490 March 8th, 2007 at 12:24 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by chermoni:
I hate it when someone puts the toilet paper on so that it comes out from underneath.
We have had severallllll conversations here about that very subject....

I like it the same way, pulled from the top!!!

#166491 March 8th, 2007 at 01:31 AM
I can't eat/drink out of the same plate/cup as anyone[including family] without washing it first... nobody touches my plants lol laugh laugh I hate it when people go onto my bed or touch my clothes.. laugh laugh I'm a bit obvsessive as well.. laugh

#166492 March 8th, 2007 at 01:33 AM
laugh laugh laugh I can't stand it when a stranger hugs me.. I don't like people touching me... nobody was allowed to kiss my kids when they were babys on the face... I really don't like eating at other peoples houses.. I have a million I could fill this thread...

The towel thing I am right on board!! shocked

#166493 March 8th, 2007 at 01:35 AM
Ohhh nobody is ever allowed to touch food or drink of mine either frown May as well have the rest cause I am done!!

#166494 March 8th, 2007 at 03:56 AM
My biggest one is when total strangers try and tell me how to raise my kids. It is bad enough when family does it but someone who has no darn clue about them or our life... oh man that just ticks me off to no end. I do love advice from friends though but then they never come at you with demands.

#166495 March 8th, 2007 at 03:56 AM
I can't think of too many right now laugh ...But I am very impatient mad with store clerks, too the point of making a scene in the store. And I always have to look at any sandwich inside before I eat it, even if I made it, I still look inside before I will eat it. And I agree about the toilet paper going over the top of the roll..and it also seems I am the only one who knows how to put it in the holder. nutz

#166496 March 8th, 2007 at 03:59 AM
OP Offline
I know what you mean comfrey, most of the time the toilet paper just sits on the counter next to the toilet

#166497 March 8th, 2007 at 04:00 AM
Same with the TP and towels for me. I am particular about the way my clothes are folded and all things hanging in the same direction. I don't like to share food except for with my kids.

#166498 March 8th, 2007 at 04:06 AM
SpringFever-I HEAR YA !!!!!! I can't STAND it when a stranger touches me or hugs me without my consent.
Happens alot to me, and I HATE IT SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!
My other pet peeve is when someone, after my being introduced or introducing myself as Deborah, the person immediately calls me Debbie, and when corrected politely, says casually, "Oh, I'm used to (or more comfortable with) Debbie".
EXCUSE ME?????? It's not about THEIR comfort !

#166499 March 8th, 2007 at 04:15 AM
Oh man, I would upset so many people. I am big on hugs.

#166500 March 8th, 2007 at 12:07 PM
Wow, if I told you all mine you would sign me into an asylum. The more I think about them the more I could mention shk

#166501 March 8th, 2007 at 12:21 PM
for once, i can't go on a rant!!!!!!!! the only thing that comes to mind is......

at work we hand out little sugar cookies in the bakery to children. it is amazing how many adults ask for some....but what peeves me off the most is
the ones that say.....

HEY, I NEED 3 COOKIES....

#166502 March 8th, 2007 at 12:25 PM
i feel like saying...what you need is a rap in the mouth until you learn some manners!

i can't do that so i tell them WE'RE OUT!

i know i'm evil and going to h***, but whatever happened to PLEASE?

the ones that are not greedy, i usually give them 2 and tell them how polite they were!

#166503 March 8th, 2007 at 02:21 PM
I hate it when "leaders" are unorganized(as in troop leaders, coaches, etc),

I am also very particular about how my clothes are folded and can't stand it when people fold things that are inside out. Drives me nutz when SUmmer or Doug pull their pants off and one leg is inside out... frown

I can't count money unless all the bills are facing the same direction and in order of highest to lowest (20s, 10s, 5s, then 1s)

I could go on and on!! shocked I am VERY ocd and "anal" as my hubby says!! (he's worse than me, tho!! laugh laugh ) lala

#166504 March 8th, 2007 at 05:58 PM
I HAVE to have the TP over the top!! I've even been known to change it, in other peoples houses!!
I like my clothes in the closet to all face the same way, by lenth, by what they are, and colorized!!! That's from working in the clothing dept. at KMart for so many years; it sort of gets in the blood!
I don't like being out in public at a table with my back to the room!!!
If I am at a club or bar, I CANNOT stay put!! I am a table-hopper!

#166505 March 8th, 2007 at 08:07 PM
On the TP. I like it over the top, too. When Teddy was little he did the usual unrolling thing. John, The Old Man, said to turn it the other way so the paper came from the back. I said that wouldn't fool him much. It took Teddy about 3 seconds to figure it wink out.

#166506 March 8th, 2007 at 08:53 PM
I hate shoes left in the living room.
I don't like it when Pete my boyfriend has been on the computer. (Cig ash all over the keyboard). mad

#166507 March 9th, 2007 at 02:32 AM
A main pet peeve is WITH my computer. I HATE it that it seems to have a mind of it's own and does whatever the h*ll IT wants to whenever IT wants to!!!

#166508 March 9th, 2007 at 02:43 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I got to thinkin' of this post when I was watching a cooking show...
My pet peeve is to watch them shows, and have
the chef's/cook's touch raw meat or chicken or pork, and then just wipe their hands on a paper towel *or sometimes nothing* and then handle the spatula or handle of the pot/pan..
YUCKKKKKKKKKKKK~YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
That drives me boinkers..
I don't like meat juice on my hands, and need to wash it off as soon as I'm done with it...

#166509 March 9th, 2007 at 07:56 AM
i can not stand people coming over without calling first.. shoes on carpet (have a box by the front door for shoes to go in when you come in)... dont like people walking in and looking around... i have my hall covered so when you come in all you can see is the living room... rolling eyes (that urks me more than anything)... when you are talking to someone and they dont look you in the face (irregaurdless what you are talking about its just disrespectful not to look the person in the face).... also when i am doing something dont tell me well if you do it this way it will work better, if you know how best to do it then do it yourself if not leave me alone... being cut off in the middle of a sentence mad i have been known to not talk to jason for a whole day for that... yes i am picky or anal rententive or whatever you wanna call it but there is soooo much more... i just dont feel like listing them all lol... one last thing... cooking is my passion when i am cooking STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN PERIOD... if you need something tell me i will get it for you! yes i am crazy lol nutz

#166510 March 9th, 2007 at 11:18 AM
I don't get it when you have something Dear and near to you that is taken away as consequences in an act or deed you had nothing to do with ters

#166511 March 10th, 2007 at 06:34 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Disorganized leaders, I am so there with that. And probably because I have the same character defect. I've been told that what I like least in others is usually a characteristic that I share with them. It isn't always true but sometimes.

I think I've mentioned before that I hate meetings. That's mostly because I know I'll mess up during one sooner or later. And I do.

I can share off of the same plate but I'm not so good about drinks.

I wash my hands constantly when cooking. Sometimes I even bother myself doing that lol.

Definitely clerks and receptionist and other service employees who aren't well trained. I'm very likely to step in and give a training session right there. I can imagine I don't make many friends doing that. But I can't seem to keep my big mouth shut in that situation.

With my new church I am constantly meeting new people. Some who are offensive in minor social ways. Something I'm sure I'm guilty of often. And they really annoy me.

Well that's my list at the moment but I'm sure with a little thought I could add to it.

#166512 March 10th, 2007 at 07:51 PM
I like the TP over the top too. Empty icetrays, arghhhhh, drives me crazy! Trash thrown on the ground instead of in a trash can. Shopping carts out in the middle of the parking lot when the cart return is RIGHT there, ooooooooohhhh that REALLY ticks me off! Especially when they see you & put it right where you are trying to pull into a parking space mad I have had to exchange some words over this before, especially at Walmart. Fellow employees who are constantly missing work, or always late, very annoying. GOSSIP, HATE IT!!! That is all I can think of for the moment!

#166513 March 10th, 2007 at 08:36 PM
The toilet paper works much better when it is UNDER! We've had this discussion on the forum before and I wish some of you would realize it falls much easier and is more readily grabbed when hanging down under. laugh laugh laugh

Try it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard