A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: dodge My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 02:38 AM
My dollhouse came this morning, and I built it this afternoon.. I am very pleased with how easy it was.
Thanks kratz, thanks weezie......An all who helped.
Now to learn the rest.
It was really worth the small price. ;o)
CHECK IT OUT.. And get one for yourself.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 02:52 AM
too cute dodge thumbup almost makes me want one.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 02:56 AM
Ohhhhhh man, that is a good size one isn't it!!
Holy cow... I love it...
Can not wait to see all of it..
What fun...
I'm glad you got one...
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 04:35 AM
jiffy mouse & weezie thanks for looking.
It was a steal of $19.95 and it is wood. Easy.
Here is the inside. luv luv luv

I must get law an order in there.
[Linked Image]

I will have to measure it an let you know the size.

It was so perfect for finding it by someone on Gardenhelper.. I so love the flowers. Thanks weezie and Kratz.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 04:37 AM
That is so cute on the inside..

Did the furniture come with it,
or you get that seperately???
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 04:43 AM
Weezie,

I bought the furniture separate, at the dollar store.......I must furnish the whole house yet.

ha ha.......It was very accurate cutting there on the house.

Gave a little map and I did it .
Get ome..
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 04:51 AM
Originally posted by dodge:
It was so perfect for finding it by someone on Gardenhelper.. I so love the flowers.
I didn't even really think of it,
but that is quite ironic, isn't it!!! wink laugh flw flw flw flw flw flw
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 01:39 PM
weezie,

Your such a charm..... flw flw flw
We forget what we are on.....gardenhelper;;;

Soon as I saw that one, I knew it was the one.. cost efficient and attractive.........And the flowers fit perfect......for a gardener.
Even my HD thinks it's sweet.......

Thanks Lots.
I will remember you long and often.
luv
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 06:13 PM
shocked smile thumbup flw
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 9th, 2007 at 06:34 PM
thumbup
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 12:00 AM
weezie.. clp clp clp
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 01:56 AM
Hi everyone,

Wow! Dodge that's really cute.....

I think you will have mini hours of fun doing things to decorare your dolly house

shop around for furniture.
AC Moore carries dollhouse furniture ....

Do keep us posted on how you decorate it....

P.S.
I Love the flowers

I may just have to order one and do a Summer house theme, with my white patio furniture smile

Kratz7
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 02:02 AM
laugh laugh laugh shocked

Kratz,

Yes it is so suited for this gardenhelper ..
Flowers on it are right up our alley..I am so glad Weezie sent that .

Now listen to this.....One of my friends here in Pa......just sent her order for one..ha ha
She loved it ..has 3 little grand girls .
She wrote back, Yippee.......I ordered it. ha ha
I am pokin around all places to see what I want for inside......

It looks so springy.. Not only that it shuts and all I have to do is throw a plastic over it to keep it clean..............

barb
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 02:39 AM
My Little Miss Busy Britches might need one of those for Christmas....

Looks great!
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 03:10 AM
clp clp clp
You can play santa claus early and hide it .

Great.........presents.

b
Posted By: plantqueen Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 04:03 AM
That is a very cute dollhouse Barb! clp clp
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 04:11 AM
I am just getting such a big kick out of this! grinnnn flw flw
Can't wait to see how everything gets decorated!
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 01:44 PM
weezie,

Me too...........I could order all new furniture, but I think it would be more fun to browse and find this and that.......Sounds more like me. ha ha
Plant Queen thanks..........

I think it is cool..
b
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 01:49 PM
weezie,

Your sold 2 Houses so far.ha ha

b
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 02:02 PM
I need to call them and see if they'll send me a commission... wink wink wink laugh thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 02:10 PM
you know, it almost makes me wish i had granddaughters shocked but no grands yet. it'll be at least a year before i get any, probably 2 or 3... no buns in any ovens this week laugh laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 03:11 PM
jIFFYMOSUE,

Why not prepare early?? ha ha

It will get you in practice..

;o)
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 03:12 PM
weezie......

yes.

clp clp clp
You can get your Realtors License now.

Sold 2 houses.

;o)/\/\/\/\/\/\
Posted By: patches1414 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 11:12 PM
Barb, I love your dollhouse! luv luv luv You really got a great buy on that one, wink especially since it's made of wood. I used to build dollhouses and make miniature furniture for them. I found it very relaxing and enjoyed every minute of it. smile
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 10th, 2007 at 11:38 PM
patches .

I though so too..They even decorated it.. flw flw flw
Today I crocheted an oval rug for the bathroom.
No furniture in it.....

Do you have patterns for the furniture/
I'd love to try some do it myselfs.
b clp
Posted By: patches1414 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 11th, 2007 at 07:44 AM
Barb, I'm sorry, frown but I don't have any patterns of the furniture I made and never did! :rolleyes: I would just use the original dimensions of a piece and then scale it down 12:1. smile Actually, I did that with everything I made, no matter what it was. smile
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 11th, 2007 at 02:26 PM
patches,

This thing erased my message.

I made an oval rug for the house yesterday.. Will have to take a photo..It is cool..

Now I have 3 more rooms to deciede on .

Thanks anyways.

b
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 02:19 AM
Here is the Oval rug ..I crocheted ..
I am trying out different things to see what jives with the house..

I like the Oval ..
Posted By: patches1414 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 04:01 AM
Barb,

Is there supposed to be a picture of the oval rug? Duh I'm not seeing any picture. frown Do I have to click on something? Duh I would really love to see it! luv
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 04:08 AM
Yeah, don't see one!! eek
Posted By: patches1414 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 05:58 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, Weezie! Duh Duh laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 01:13 PM
[Linked Image]

YES.

B
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 01:48 PM
Love that rug...
or I should say, both of those rugs.
**You crochet'd the one and is that a piece
of fabric for the other??**
Very cool!!! thumbup cool grinnnn
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 02:00 PM
Is that ever cute....great job on the rug!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 02:52 PM
Thanks weezie and penny,

Yes It is materail.
Other is crochet.

b
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 02:58 PM
Your Welcome Barb.....its so cute!!!!!!
Posted By: patches1414 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 06:41 PM
Barb, I really love your rug! thumbup I don't crochet; frown but, when I get time, I'll see if I can take a picture of some of the rugs I've made in the past. wink
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 07:10 PM
patches,
Ok ......I am messing with trial and error.

i just made a bed with a cushion.. to match the animal rug..
After I learn how to resize the photos ..I will put it on..

b
Posted By: plantqueen Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 07:23 PM
Great job with the rug Barb! Very cute! thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 07:23 PM
Cool...cant wait to see it!!
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 07:28 PM
Plantqueen & penny .THANks .

My neice is nuts over the animal rug..ha ha
She calls it that.

barb
Posted By: patches1414 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 08:03 PM
patches,
Ok ......I am messing with trial and error.
Barb, that's the only way to do it thumbup and you'll be amazed at how creative you can become. smile smile
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 08:26 PM
After I learn how to resize the photos ..I will put it on..

b
Did you figure it out, or do you need more expert advise on resizin'...
*hope I walked you thru it the right way*
Maybe someone else here has an easier trick

(I think there is some tutorial's on how to resize here somewheres')
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 09:04 PM
Weezie

I went the whole way thru it, and it doesnt saveit for me at the resize..

I will try again.

it worked on there but not here.

b
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 09:22 PM
Hi everyone,

Dodge too.... smile

I finally had time today to check out the dollhouse and of course the beautiful new rug. That mini rug.... I Love the colors. It's a shame (lol) the nursery in my dollhouse is pink.
I Love baby green and yellow with white....

I think I can officially declare you hooked.......
Have you bought anymore furniture lately?
I have to look through my mini stuff... I'm sure I could contribute to your hobby/addiction....lol
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:05 PM
[Linked Image]

Kratz and everyone else ..I think I resized this.(weezie) .......

Here is my new bed I made today to match ..ha ha
I will take any contib.. I know nothing.

b ;o)
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:07 PM
Prefect resizing!!! kissies grinnnn flw clp

And that room is soooo neat..
I love that bed..
You've got a perfect eye for this mini stuff!!! cool
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:08 PM
weezie .yahoooooooooo

I finally did it correctly.. Thank you so kindly for your patience, understanding & time today.
I must of took the whole day......

Thanks.. Here is the new addition .. I made the bed out of a small candy box,covered it with pretend wood.. Made a mattress and stuffed it. Now the blanket is really hard.. I just cut out a piece of material...ha ha
I am having a ball......Now my mind can wonder.
Kratz.......is way ahead.
b clp
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:15 PM

I finally did it correctly.. Thank you so kindly for your patience, understanding & time today.
I must of took the whole day......
Annnnny time.. very glad to help,
and am amazed sometimes that I can even walk people thru it,
cause my directions can be crappy sometimes.. shocked wink
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:19 PM
kratz

buy that house and do it again.

b
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:25 PM
hehehehe
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:25 PM
bWeezie

I went right to the directions as you listed it . I printed them......And only one thing you failed to say, was when I upload them, i can resize doing that.. Thats how I did the last photo..

Your directons were quite accurate.

parte
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:31 PM
weeezie

parte parte parte
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:48 PM
For me, I have a program called Infraview
or Iview for short..
and I resize mine when I do mine in that,
thennnnnn load them to PB...
so, for me, it's semi~hard to remember how
to do it other than that way... shocked
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 12th, 2007 at 11:59 PM
weezie,

When I send my photos in email my windows does resize them..But I had forgotten till you mentioned it.......
When I have to up load to PB I must click on the browse button and Open it ......There for it isnt resized...........
Thanks for noticing.

b
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 13th, 2007 at 03:58 PM
What a cute bedroom!!
Posted By: ms.tmac Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 14th, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Hey dodge, how about going to your local wall paper supplier and asking if they have any discontinued wall paper books that they would be throwing out. You could use these samples to wall cover the walls in your dollhouse. And their free. Also at your local walmart they should have, near the craft section, a material section. In this section they should sell a bulk bag of scrap materials for patching clothing, great for making curtains for the windows. If you really want to get crafty, you could always again at walmart buy a wooden dowel about 1/4 " in diameter and use this as the curtain rods. Simply take some wire snips or even a handy pair of rose pruners and snip the length you desire. As for hanging the dowel try some eye hooks again something you could find @ you're local walmart, in around the tool section. Make sure to take your dowel and align the diameter of the dowel with the eye hook opening. Make sure the dowel will easily slip through. As for applying the eye hooks to your doll house I would use wire snips,( a good pair) and snip off the screw part. Then I would use contact cement and glue the eye hooks to the inside of the doll house where you want them, then insert the dowel. Of course rememeber to take a ruler and draw with a pencil lightly your line so they will be no goof ups. Cause cement glue is pretty permenant. Also when hanging the curtain you'll have to first sew a header into your curtain, so the rod can be inserted. Place your curtain onto the rod before putting the rod into the eye hooks. Good Luck in your endevours.
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 14th, 2007 at 10:54 PM
ms.tmac,

Sound like a pro out there.......I will keep all these little tricks in mind.........
Right now what I am doing, is using things I have laying aroung here.....I am one who sews and does crafts .......So there are many things I can use if I put my head to it....

Thanks again....for looking and sharing your smarts.....

b
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 16th, 2007 at 11:49 AM
Good morning everyone,
I finally had a chance this am to check out the progress on the dollhouse. It is coming along very well. Dodge you have the idea....it's looking good.

You could also use tiny lace(trim) for a valance (it already has the curtain rod pocket and a very thin dowel rod will fit nicely. I put a clear craft bead on the ends for attaching to the wall. [Linked Image] This is the quick and easy way to do valances....you could get different colors of your choice, or you could crochet your own that would look pretty too
There are soooo many ways to do little tricks and at the same time save yourself some money....after all it should be fun not super expensive. I've collected things for my dollhouse over many years, so I really don't know how much I've spent on it. It's probably better that way....lol

I know when it came to the electric and lighting I had the help of the hubby, he's a great mini electrician.

I agree about the sample wallpaper books being a great source for decorating. Sometimes you can even get two of the same books and have extra wallpaper of the same pattern, that helps in case you do a goof.... I know I did the first time around.

I'm glad to see you're having fun.....

Keep us posted..... smile

I'll be around today as I have the day off, and it's snowing..... lol 3 days til Spring, huh
Has anyone spoken to either Old Man Winter or Mother Nature?
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 16th, 2007 at 01:43 PM
Kratz,
thanks
I still have to hunt kitchen assessories, and parlor......I havent seen any yet ..
The wall paper ideas are fine......But I must try white walls first.......I like them white.

Maybe cause mine are mostly white and paneled.

Keep ideas coming folks. Come on an join us ..Get one.

My other grandma friend ordered and is tickled.
She is a widow farmer...And has 4 granddaughters.
She loved the idea.

b
Posted By: dirt in my diamonds Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 16th, 2007 at 01:56 PM
Maybe I overlooked it, but where did you order it from? You can PM me with the info if you want. My daughter is wanting one, but the ones we found at Hobby Lobby look a little too "delicate" for her I think.
It's VERY cute!!

Thank you!
'Manda
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 16th, 2007 at 02:03 PM
dirt in my diamonds.

Gosh it is a steal for $19.99
Go to
www.lakeside.com

Goodie goodie .

LMK what you order..
b
Posted By: sandy113 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 16th, 2007 at 04:50 PM
i love that doll house kissies
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 16th, 2007 at 04:55 PM
Sandy

why not get one???????//$19.95 is all it cost.
wood .....an a good size.

I am enjoying it .. Just my ideas aren't in hi gear yet.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 16th, 2007 at 06:39 PM
Mannnnnnnnnn this is the best!!
I am glad you all are getting into this..
This is sooooooo much fun!!!! grinnnn flw
Posted By: dodge Re: My DollHouse arrived Today........Look Here. - March 16th, 2007 at 06:54 PM
sandy,,

Ole weezie gave me the addy to that doll house.
She is a peach.

wink wavey wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]