This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
hehehehe

dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
bWeezie

I went right to the directions as you listed it . I printed them......And only one thing you failed to say, was when I upload them, i can resize doing that.. Thats how I did the last photo..

Your directons were quite accurate.

parte

dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
weeezie

parte parte parte

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
For me, I have a program called Infraview
or Iview for short..
and I resize mine when I do mine in that,
thennnnnn load them to PB...
so, for me, it's semi~hard to remember how
to do it other than that way... shocked

dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
weezie,

When I send my photos in email my windows does resize them..But I had forgotten till you mentioned it.......
When I have to up load to PB I must click on the browse button and Open it ......There for it isnt resized...........
Thanks for noticing.

b

What a cute bedroom!!

Hey dodge, how about going to your local wall paper supplier and asking if they have any discontinued wall paper books that they would be throwing out. You could use these samples to wall cover the walls in your dollhouse. And their free. Also at your local walmart they should have, near the craft section, a material section. In this section they should sell a bulk bag of scrap materials for patching clothing, great for making curtains for the windows. If you really want to get crafty, you could always again at walmart buy a wooden dowel about 1/4 " in diameter and use this as the curtain rods. Simply take some wire snips or even a handy pair of rose pruners and snip the length you desire. As for hanging the dowel try some eye hooks again something you could find @ you're local walmart, in around the tool section. Make sure to take your dowel and align the diameter of the dowel with the eye hook opening. Make sure the dowel will easily slip through. As for applying the eye hooks to your doll house I would use wire snips,( a good pair) and snip off the screw part. Then I would use contact cement and glue the eye hooks to the inside of the doll house where you want them, then insert the dowel. Of course rememeber to take a ruler and draw with a pencil lightly your line so they will be no goof ups. Cause cement glue is pretty permenant. Also when hanging the curtain you'll have to first sew a header into your curtain, so the rod can be inserted. Place your curtain onto the rod before putting the rod into the eye hooks. Good Luck in your endevours.

dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
ms.tmac,

Sound like a pro out there.......I will keep all these little tricks in mind.........
Right now what I am doing, is using things I have laying aroung here.....I am one who sews and does crafts .......So there are many things I can use if I put my head to it....

Thanks again....for looking and sharing your smarts.....

b

Good morning everyone,
I finally had a chance this am to check out the progress on the dollhouse. It is coming along very well. Dodge you have the idea....it's looking good.

You could also use tiny lace(trim) for a valance (it already has the curtain rod pocket and a very thin dowel rod will fit nicely. I put a clear craft bead on the ends for attaching to the wall. [Linked Image] This is the quick and easy way to do valances....you could get different colors of your choice, or you could crochet your own that would look pretty too
There are soooo many ways to do little tricks and at the same time save yourself some money....after all it should be fun not super expensive. I've collected things for my dollhouse over many years, so I really don't know how much I've spent on it. It's probably better that way....lol

I know when it came to the electric and lighting I had the help of the hubby, he's a great mini electrician.

I agree about the sample wallpaper books being a great source for decorating. Sometimes you can even get two of the same books and have extra wallpaper of the same pattern, that helps in case you do a goof.... I know I did the first time around.

I'm glad to see you're having fun.....

Keep us posted..... smile

I'll be around today as I have the day off, and it's snowing..... lol 3 days til spring, huh
Has anyone spoken to either Old Man Winter or Mother Nature?

dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
Kratz,
thanks
I still have to hunt kitchen assessories, and parlor......I havent seen any yet ..
The wall paper ideas are fine......But I must try white walls first.......I like them white.

Maybe cause mine are mostly white and paneled.

Keep ideas coming folks. Come on an join us ..Get one.

My other grandma friend ordered and is tickled.
She is a widow farmer...And has 4 granddaughters.
She loved the idea.

b

Maybe I overlooked it, but where did you order it from? You can PM me with the info if you want. My daughter is wanting one, but the ones we found at Hobby Lobby look a little too "delicate" for her I think.
It's VERY cute!!

Thank you!
'Manda

dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
dirt in my diamonds.

Gosh it is a steal for $19.99
Go to
www.lakeside.com

Goodie goodie .

LMK what you order..
b

i love that doll house kissies

dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
Sandy

why not get one???????//$19.95 is all it cost.
wood .....an a good size.

I am enjoying it .. Just my ideas aren't in hi gear yet.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Mannnnnnnnnn this is the best!!
I am glad you all are getting into this..
This is sooooooo much fun!!!! grinnnn flw

dodge Offline OP
OP Offline
sandy,,

Ole weezie gave me the addy to that doll house.
She is a peach.

wink wavey wink

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard