A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Wrennie Summer Camp '07 - October 5th, 2006 at 08:31 PM
Who wants to come to NY for a GH camping weekend?
It will be in June 2007. And I will be your hostess. There are tent and camper campgrounds right nearby. (2 minutes up the road) There is hiking, fishing(you need a NY fishing license for this, non resident licenses are available, I'll find out prices), horseback riding, shopping, summer festivals at the ski slopes, tubing. Not a camper? Come along anyway, there are motels and B&B's too.
Families are welcome too.
You can always stay longer than just the weekend.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 5th, 2006 at 08:34 PM
Campers:
Me
Penny(inOntario)
Tonya
Rita(springfever)
Lynne(plants-n-pots)
Angie(Chenno,maybe)

Saying yes now is not a written in stone commitment. So maybe is OK too.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 5th, 2006 at 09:10 PM
[Linked Image]me - but not camping! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tonya Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 5th, 2006 at 09:30 PM
Woooo-Hoooooo!!! I can hardly wait!! clp clp
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 5th, 2006 at 10:39 PM
I will say maybe? I sure would love too! but will say maybe for now, depending on when I go to see my nephew:-) would be a blast with you all!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 5th, 2006 at 11:23 PM
websites:
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 5th, 2006 at 11:30 PM
? Duh
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 5th, 2006 at 11:37 PM
websites:
shopping
more shopping
and more
Tubing
horseback riding
B&B
motel
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 5th, 2006 at 11:46 PM
my store
shop
old style train ride
There are other shops campgrounds motels etc. I'll have to see if I can find links.

Nearby:
Hunter Mountain
belleayre
We are approximately 20 minutes from Woodstock NY

Stewart Airport and Albany Airport are close (45min to an hour)
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 12:25 AM
I will be there for sure!!
It will give me somthing to look forward to over the loooonngggg winter up here!!!
Cant wait!!
So about those B&B's...how close are they?
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 12:46 AM
Any idea of WHEN this will happen? I wanna come! I have been trying hard to make a trip out East and this is just one more reason to pack up the kiddos and DRIVE.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 12:56 AM
That would be awsome if you could make it Triss, its somtime in June but no definite weekend had been set yet!!
I am bringing the girls and Brad may make the trip too, any excuse to get away from the shop!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:10 AM
I would HAVE to bring the kids. If I am going across the country, we have to visit family in Delaware and other friends on the coast. It would be a major trip for us, probably about 3 weeks total.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:14 AM
That would be AWSOME!!!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:17 AM
I just mapped it, almost 3000 miles but that would be traveling across the Northern States. I would probably do it going through Colorado (family) and across I-80 the whole way. Then come back the Southern States and through Utah (mom) on the way back.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:20 AM
This is soooo exciting!!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:23 AM
geez, why can't money grow on trees?!? Duh laugh I have to save $$$ to go to Colorado Springs for a family reunion in July with my Daddy, so I won't be able to make it. And I LOVE to camp! I would also love to go to NY though, & meet everyone there. O'well, hope you all have a great time, & will be looking forward to the pictures of your camping trip. thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:26 AM
Hey...you never know Jody, it might still work out for you to come meet us all.

I wonder if Bill would be brave enough to make the trip??????
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:35 AM
Maybe I could get him to drive with me? I seriously doubt Dan would be able to make a 3 week trip. Maybe I should fly and rent a van? But the problem with that is getting camping equipment.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:39 AM
What is the closest airport to Wrennie?
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:48 AM
I will share with you Triss!! Wrennie is only a 3 hour drive for me.. Sooo I could load up the car!
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:50 AM
See if you flew into Boston Or manchester NH we could load it all up! thumbup grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:50 AM
Me and 6 kids Rita?

I was just looking and flying and renting a car would be so much cheaper than driving the whole way. AND I could visit and hang out more though i would miss out on meeting people along the way.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 01:54 AM
thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 02:05 AM
Well I would rent a van. The problem would be sleeping bags and a tent. Everything else I could either shop for there or bring along like clothes and such.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 02:24 AM
Well it is almost a year away! Lets see what we All Can come up with for you!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
Penny the B&B I put the link for I could walk to from my store in about 20 seconds. Its right in town. See in this picture that I took from my front door, to the left of the yellow building theres a phone pole,behind that you can see a bluish color building behind the trees? Thats the B&B
[Linked Image]
Stewart airport is in Newburgh, about 1hour & 15 minutes to drive to. Albany airport I've never been to.
shk Its farther than I thought. 1hr 43 minutes!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 03:51 AM
Trailways buses come right into Phoenicia too.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 04:24 AM
Wrennie,

My choices would be Albany, Buffalo, Long Island, and La Guardia. There is no way I would take the kids on a bus though. That scares me. shk
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 04:28 AM
Triss - Don's office is right across the highway from LaGuardia - it is an hour's drive from here in very good traffic. Then Wrennie's is another almost 2 hours north from here.

Long Island? Which airport - JFK?

Albany might be a better bet, though I'm not quite sure the distance there. Did you look into Stewart International? It's a small airport, but closer to Wrennie.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 04:38 AM
I was just looking at what airports Southwest flies into. All it says is Long Island ISP. No idea what that is. Sounds like Albany is the closest to her. And an hour drive is not a major deal if I am saving a 3000 mile drive across the country.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 04:44 AM
Don thinks Stewart is the closest, but Albany is good too - a straight ride down the thruway to her exit, and then a straight ride (well, not exactly straight - a bit curvy, but on 1 road) to Phoenicia.

Wrennie - when you think of dates in June, please take into account when schools finish up? I'm sure they are a bit different all over the country. Our county ends on June 22, but things get pretty hairy around here around Regents exams time - the 2 weeks before!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 04:50 AM
The kids get out of school here June 15. No way we could go before that.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 04:57 AM
Ahhhh school. We didnt think of that this morning when I asked when was a good time. Maybe it'll have to be July???
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 04:59 AM
I guess you should see what the majority thinks?
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 05:08 AM
yes
Ok when does everyones kids finish school?
june 07 calendar
We could shoot for the June 29 weekend
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 05:13 AM
Well... I just remembered that Don said there is a "slight" chance he has a meeting in Seattle next June. Wouldn't that be a shame if I was out in Washington, while Triss is back here??? I was planning on going with him and meeting the North Western contingency from here, and then we were talking about going up to Alaska, where we met.

That aside... as I said... school gets out here June 22.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 05:17 AM
Oooh yeah, a shame...
Thats why i posted this with almost a year to plan and time to tweak the plans. Is July better? Worse? OK with everyone who said June was OK?????
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 05:19 AM
This meeting probably won't even happen, he says, but one never knows til they organize them.

July would be good for me...
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 06:22 AM
July is good here as well. In fact, I prefer July cuz it gives us time to settle into summer.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 06:23 AM
Oh and Lynne, I really hope the Seattle meeting happens. I will drive on up to get you while Don is working and we can have some fun. Maybe Patty and Sarah can come up and we can all hang out in Seattle and go visit Bill.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 06:39 AM
Sounds like a plan, Triss - I'm so excited at the prospect, and Don doesn't want to hear about it, because it most likely won't even pan out!

I can hope, right??? Duh thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 07:54 AM
Yep or just plan a trip this way without him. thumbup
Posted By: chermoni Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 08:13 AM
I would love to go out east but I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it or not. Let us know when you have a definate weekend planned and I can start looking at plane tickets and talk to by boyfriend about it.
Posted By: chenno Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 08:18 AM
I am a driver more than a flyer;-) But I want to meet you all:-)
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 08:19 AM
I'd rather drive too Angie, but I just cannot see cross country on my own with the kids.

If you go Cher, we should plan on flying in together.
Posted By: chermoni Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 08:24 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 05:33 PM
Campers, possible campers, day visitors, and maybes so far: [Linked Image]
Me
Penny(inOntario)
Tonya
Rita(springfever)
Lynne(plants-n-pots)
Angie(Chenno,maybe)
Triss
Chermoni
Melcon
(p.s. motel and B&B stayers I'm also calling campers) [Linked Image]
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 06:41 PM
Oh, Wrennie , count me in ! I'm coming!!! thumbup clp

The weekend of June 22nd works for me (now, of course, but something always comes up doesn't it??) July also works for me. The only problem I see with the weekend of June 29th is that is considered the fourth of July Weekend too and I know I can't make it then, it's such a busy time up here in vacationaland..........
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 06:55 PM
clp
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 6th, 2006 at 07:06 PM
This is getting to be so exciting, if it is in July that would work better for me too, i was telling Brad about it lastnight and he reminded me that the girls always have 2 soccer tournaments in June, our kids are finished school around the 24th here.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 01:38 AM
How about the weekend of the 14th? That would work out so perfectly for us. Then I could just fly back to Utah with the kids and spend time with my mom before leaving Patrick there for the rest of the summer.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 01:42 AM
Are we talking about July?
I guess when i have thought about it, July works better for us too.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 01:50 AM
Yes, July. If I am gonna travel, might as well get it all done at once. laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 01:59 AM
True there and any of us with kids in school will be finished by then too.
I am sure we will get it all figured out!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 02:07 AM
We will. I am working on pricing my tickets now and I need to get ahold of my Mom and make sure that she is still ok with Patrick being there for 6 weeks so he can work for my Dad in the resturant. Kids can work at 14 there and he wants to start as soon as he hits 14 on the 17th of July. He wants to save for a car and both Mom and Dad have said he can stay summers with them as long as he wants to work. I would much rather him work summers and be able to hike and hang out with them than have him want to work during the school year.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 02:11 AM
Sounds like a plan to me!!!
Posted By: chermoni Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 04:44 AM
Wrennie, I have a question for you. Would Newburgh/Stewart, NY airport be closer than Albany or is Albany easier? I have never been to New York before so I have no idea.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 06:06 AM
Cher, I was checking out Southwest for flights and even though they are not taking reservations out to July, the rate for a 1-way is around $100 through their internet specials. That was out of Portland. Dunno if out of SeaTac is cheaper or not.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 06:17 AM
Are you all planning a visit to NYC while you are here?
How long would you stay in the area?
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 06:56 AM
Probably about 2 weeks total. I do not think I would take them right into NYC but maybe. I do know I will need to go over to Delaware while I am out there to visit my Grandmom. (About a 3 hour drive)
Posted By: chermoni Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 07:07 AM
I would probably only stay for the weekend and then I'm thinking of heading to Virginia from there to visit my aunt and cousins. It would be nice to see them, especially since my uncle just left for Iraq last month.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 08:52 AM
A 3 hour drive from where, Triss??? It took us 6 hours from here, when we went there for summer vacations, and that included an hour ferry ride. Wrennie is almost 2 hours north from here!

EDIT - I just looked at a map - it would depend on where in Delaware, but still - it takes us 2 hours to get to Philly from here, and Wrennie is still almost 2 hours north.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:32 AM
I mapped it from Wrennie to Wilmington where my family lives.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:34 AM
hmmmmmmm - what roads, if you don't mind my asking?
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:35 AM
ok - when I did a search, it comes up 4 hours and 15 minutes

if you take the thruway south to the Garden State parkway, as the directions I just found, you'll be going right past my exit!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:42 AM
These ones

Buit it is closer to 4 hours. shocked
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:46 AM
ok - even if you take exit 15 on the NYS Thruway - that is still the town I live in - just the one before the one we usually use!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:49 AM
Cool deal!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:59 AM
oooooooooh - if you came this way, would you spend some time? We could take the kids to the Bronx zoo or something! The NY Botanical Gardens are right next door, but I don't think they'd be interested in that! Duh ) They could all camp out in the basement - you could use Brian's bed - it's a twin though.
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 11:35 AM
Oh ya! I would for sure! That would be a blast!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 07:03 PM
Triss you better make it 6 weeks.

Chermoni Newburgh/Stewart Airport is closer about 1 1/4 hours Albany is more city-ish and 1 3/4 hours drive
(I searched on google-maps for times)
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:07 PM
Looks like you are definetly coming now Triss!!
This will be so much fun!!
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:16 PM
It's a bit early for me to commit as I wouldn't want to get too excited too soon. If this camping trip actually does happen, you can count me in. I would definitely make the trip. It's only about a 9 hour drive for me...I love road trips!

(Yoo-hoo...Comfrey....you're coming too. thumbup )
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:17 PM
That would be great if you could make it down too Christina!!
My whole family wants to come to meet everyone!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:47 PM
WOW!!! Who would've thunk that Wrennie's idea would BLOSSOM into something so BIG?!? thumbup This is getting sooooo exciting! I hope everyone who wants to, can make it!

Cindy better get busy making those GH tee-shirts!!!
We're gonna need them before then! thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 7th, 2006 at 09:51 PM
And maybe make arrangements for Lola for a couple of days so that you can come up too....it would be awsome if you could make it!
Didnt i read somewhere that Jiffy was thinking of coming up north next summer too???
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 02:35 AM
Originally posted by ChristinaC:
If this camping trip actually does happen, you can count me in.
Oh it is definitely happening. thumbup

(Yoo-hoo...Comfrey....you're coming too.)
Go get her Christina! thumbup
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 02:37 AM
Campers, possible campers, day visitors, and maybes so far:
Me
Penny(inOntario)
Tonya
Rita(springfever)
Lynne(plants-n-pots)
Angie(Chenno)
Triss
Chermoni
Melcon
ChristinaC
(p.s. motel and B&B stayers I'm also calling campers)
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 02:45 AM
Wrennie, maybe you've already posted this and I missed it, but could you list the names of a campground, a B&B, and a motel that is very close together???? I don't want us spread all over the place, I'd rather be really close by so maybe some of us could share meals and such....Also, I know I won't be driving around after being with you guys ! laugh lala
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 03:10 AM
Mel page 1 about 1/2 way down are some links.
(Not listed)there is a State campground and another private one up from me. and a third near town. I'll have to do a better search and list them all.
The state one is Woodland Valley Campground.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 03:15 AM
Ooooooh More ideas!!!
Some of us do crafts like knitting, crocheting etc. If anyone wants to learn these things we could take time to teach each other. Duh

PS theres virtually no cell phone service in town. If the cell towers go up before our outing I'll let ya' know.

If you can think of anyone who possibly would want to come who may not come to 'interactions' let them know. K?
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 03:16 AM
One more:
Is anyone a wild plants expert? Whats what, whats edible etc? We could do a weed walk.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 03:38 AM
How about an "in person" seed swap?
Or perennial plant swap?
By July, I know I'll have some plants that will have needed to be divided and thinned out.

I'm game for teaching knitting basics if anyone wants to learn. I don't know the real fancy stuff... yet! laugh All I would ask is for those who would like to learn, to bring a set of needles and some yarn - nothing fancy or expensive to start with, of course. I think I started with size 8, 10 inch long needles for those who are wondering.

There are a few basics ways to learn knitting - I'd be happy to show the way I learned from my mom, many years ago.
Posted By: Tomacco Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 04:42 AM
Road trip! Mid-July is better for me smile Over how many days? I think a seed/plant swap is a great idea!
Posted By: Triss Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 09:04 AM
I am so excited that there are more and more people planning on coming. It is still in the planning and hoping stages for me, but I really think that if life continues for us as it has, we should be able to make the trip out for sure!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 10:51 AM
you might want to check out getting a group rate at the hotel...which would also make it easier for carpooling those who fly in and don't have a car handy.

count me as a strong maybe!! i have a game convention that i'm planning on going to in july...if it turns out to be expensive (which depends on what city it's held in and we don't know that yet) i won't be able to afford another trip...
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 05:26 PM
Campers, possible campers, day visitors, and maybes so far:
Me
Penny(inOntario)
Tonya
Rita(springfever)
Lynne(plants-n-pots)
Angie(Chenno)
Triss
Chermoni
Melcon
ChristinaC
Tomacco
Joclyn
(p.s. motel and B&B stayers I'm also calling campers)

heres a good site to look at.
Ulster County Tourism

another nearby shop
Hand blown glass

Woodland Valley Campsite (state)
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 05:30 PM
**Note**
If you're flying in and want to learn to knit (Thanks Lynne! clp ) or crochet (I can help there) dont try to bring knitting needles or a crochet hook on the plane. I assume they wont let it on. There is a store in town that sells needles hooks and yarn, theres also a yarn shop in Woodstock.

Tomacco we were calling it a weekend. You can come early, stay late or both. I plan on staying here forever... clp I think thats a great idea.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 06:01 PM
Campsites in Phoenicia:
Hide-A-Way Campsite
900 Woodland Valley Road Phoenicia, NY 12464 Phone: 845 688-5109
May-September. 48 sites; electric and sewage hookups. Dry/flush toilets, hiking trails nearby. Pets allowed.

Phoenicia Black Bear Campground and RV Park
17 Bridge Street Phoenicia, NY 12464 Phone: 845 688-7405 Email: phoeniciacampground@hvc.rr.com Website: http://www.home.hvc.rr.com/catskill
Year round. On the Esopus Creek. Restrooms and hot showers. Dumping station, electric and water hookups. Camp store, large firepits. Tables at each site. Seasonal monthly, weekly and daily rates. Groups welcomed. Pets allowed. Daily bus transportation from NYC to our entrance via Adirondack Trailways (800 858-8555).

Woodland Valley Public Campground
1319 Woodland Valley Road Phoenicia, NY 12464 Phone: 845 688-7647 (S), 845 256-3099 (P) Website: http://www.dec.state.ny.us
Mid-May-Columbus Day. 72 sites. Dumping station, fireplaces, fishing, flush toilets and hot showers, tables, hiking trails, stream, recreation building. Pets allowed.

(this one is a mile or two before town on the main road)
Sleepy Hollow Campsite
5636 Route 28 Phoenicia, NY 12464 Phone: 845 688-5471
May-October 1. 97 sites with electric. Creek, dumping station, fireplaces, fishing, flush toilets, hiking trails, showers and tables. Pets allowed.

Some of these are repeated from p1 and the above posts But I thought putting them in 1 spot was a good idea.
The Ulster County tourism site, if looking for a B&B or motel look in Phoenicia, Chichester, or even Mt.Tremper, for the closest.

Fishing license information

Hiking Information
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 8th, 2006 at 10:17 PM
Wrennie - as of right now - of course this can change at any second!!! - knitting needles, crochet needles and scissors with BLUNT POINTS (such as kids rounded scissors) ARE ALLOWED on planes.

Here is the page to check out what is, and is not permitted - I would suggest refreshing this page often, as we get closer to Summer Camp!!!

permitted items on planes

This list is also helpful for any other items people might be questioning...
Posted By: Tomacco Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Wrennie:
**Note**
If you're flying in ... dont try to bring knitting needles or a crochet hook on the plane. I assume they wont let it on...
Frequent flyer here. Knitting needles, etc., would not be allowed in carry-on luggage but would be allowed as checked baggage under the plane. Just double check with the airline smile
Originally posted by Wrennie:
Tomacco we were calling it a weekend. You can come early, stay late or both. I plan on staying here forever... lala
Wrennie, it will be great as a weekend! As the real organising gets underway in the Spring, I bet you can keep everyone busy from Friday afternoon through Sunday evening. If there's anything I can help you with, just ask. I'm dreaming of roasting marshmallows and meeting friends!

I do believe I shall have a significant number of granddaughters ready for adoption by then!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 12:38 AM
I've been "secretly" reading this until about now... laugh laugh
I think this is a great idea, and would really be a lot of fun--for everybody!
Not sure if I can came...even as a day visitor--being 14 (15 then) and all. Will check with the family and see what they say. Otherwise--I'll be expecting MANY, MANY pics! laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 12:42 AM
Tomacco - not to be contrary here Duh p
Posted By: Tomacco Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 02:10 AM
I am indeed talking about jade granddaughters smile You're thinking about adopting out your 16-year old? LOL!

I didn't visit the link you provided. I'm so trained about how to get through security (domestic and overeas) without being pulled aside that I wouldn't dream of bringing anything that 1 hour pre-flight, could be reclassified as a weapon and end up in the trash smile

I've been snagged for lingerie hooks, staples in my shoes (clogs), and Southwest asked me to raise my shirt once for inspection of the button on my jeans! It was the Halloween after 9/11 and to raise the mood, Southest employees were dressed in costume. The "button inspector" was wearing a clown suit and rainbow wig. Needless to say, all waiting passengers were laughing their butts off right along with security (and me)!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 02:28 AM
I guess next spring/summer whoever flies will have to check that page and we'll go from there. Just in case anything changes they are available here. thumbup

Mark, bring a family member.....
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 04:54 AM
Yep, Tomacco - my 16 year old!!! :rolleyes: Duh thumbup - the best thing to do would be to pack the needles in luggage that goes in cargo, as I mentioned above - the only reason one might want to take them on board is to have something to do during the flight...

Wrennie - I agree with whoever mentioned it before - can't remember now - about seeing if there might be a group rate at the hotel or B&B? Would you please find that out for us?
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 08:28 AM
Yes, yes! Depending on the date and our moving plans, but yes, yes! Since we live only ~50 min away, I'll be a day tripper, sans family. What a wonderful idea!!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 08:39 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh Margaret - I hope you are still here!!!
I would really like to meet you, and thank you in person for your great gift!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 05:31 PM
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:

Wrennie - I agree with whoever mentioned it before - can't remember now - about seeing if there might be a group rate at the hotel or B&B? Would you please find that out for us?
This would be ok after I find out how many people want a hotel and which one they pick. Also
I found out a couple in town will rent out a room in or their whole house. It sleeps 11 max. I think for $250 I forget the individual rate.
THEN I thought of Harry. He owns a "campground" Its big enough for probably all who want to camp. But there are no showers, or electric or water hook ups. I'd have to ask him on price. There are restrooms.
While people are "shopping around through those links they can look for ones with group rates too.
I think Triss' family counts for a group rate?? No??
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Summer Camp '07 - October 9th, 2006 at 05:37 PM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
See you at the next campfire.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]